Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BleedBlue4Shoe86

Cool to be a Colts Fan Now, Why????

So the more I have thought about it the more I have come to a realization...

It is downright cool and exciting to be a Colts fan right now. Why?  Because we have no idea what is going to happen. 

We could draft Jordan Love or Justin Herbert and have a new future Franchise QB. 

We could draft a QB later in the draft like a Anthony Gordon, Jalen Hurts or Jake Fromm and have a young QB with upside to groom. 

We could trade for Derek Carr. 

We could actually spend a little money to upgrade the defense in FA, like Yannick and Jones and get it to top 5 level. 

We could draft playmakers like Jeudy, Lamb, Pinkney, Claypool, Gandy Golden or Reagor to surround JB with and... He could do the unthinkable and show huge improvement. 

That being said, JB could come out and show he is more the QB from the first 7 games and prove to be the next franchise QB. 

We could draft Kinlaw or Brown and finally potentially have a dominant DT. 

Hell, we could have even let Chad Kelly compete for the starting job next year and he could ball out and take over. 

I don’t know about y’all, but dang, that is super exciting. The possibilities are endless. 

Are y’all excited??

I was saying this to a mate the other day. Who knows what direction CB and FR are going to go in. Free agency will be a very interesting watch and I think will go some way to determining the outcome of the draft.

If I were doing a rebuild of the Colts on Madden on youtube, this would be a cool team to have. In real life, we need a QB (without that, the team falls apart), Costanzo may retire, and we are taking two steps backward everytime Ballard puts together a good draft. I have to ask myself, is it worth dedicating next year to the Colts? This is definitely not a fun team to root for right now. It's absolutely frustrating.

It’s a crucial year for the team. Because they have to replace JB. He just isn’t the answer no matter how badly some

might hope he is.  A great challenge to the Colts’ brass to get this right while also continuing to build the team through the draft. 

21 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Not sure it's cool right now, but it's definitely interesting.

What's not cool is your moniker picture. You could "PICK" a better moniker picture.:D

11 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

What's not cool is your moniker picture. You could "PICK" a better moniker picture.:D

I think I picked a winner

On 1/30/2020 at 9:14 PM, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

So the more I have thought about it the more I have come to a realization...

It is downright cool and exciting to be a Colts fan right now. Why?  Because we have no idea what is going to happen. 

We could draft Jordan Love or Justin Herbert and have a new future Franchise QB. 

We could draft a QB later in the draft like a Anthony Gordon, Jalen Hurts or Jake Fromm and have a young QB with upside to groom. 

We could trade for Derek Carr. 

We could actually spend a little money to upgrade the defense in FA, like Yannick and Jones and get it to top 5 level. 

We could draft playmakers like Jeudy, Lamb, Pinkney, Claypool, Gandy Golden or Reagor to surround JB with and... He could do the unthinkable and show huge improvement. 

That being said, JB could come out and show he is more the QB from the first 7 games and prove to be the next franchise QB. 

We could draft Kinlaw or Brown and finally potentially have a dominant DT. 

Hell, we could have even let Chad Kelly compete for the starting job next year and he could ball out and take over. 

I don’t know about y’all, but dang, that is super exciting. The possibilities are endless. 

Are y’all excited??

Nah.  I'm tired.

12 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

If I were doing a rebuild of the Colts on Madden on youtube, this would be a cool team to have. In real life, we need a QB (without that, the team falls apart), Costanzo may retire, and we are taking two steps backward everytime Ballard puts together a good draft. I have to ask myself, is it worth dedicating next year to the Colts? This is definitely not a fun team to root for right now. It's absolutely frustrating.

I think it's a very fun team to root for.  We haven't been in the position for a franchise QB search in quite a long time.  It's something I, as a fan, have never experienced.  I think it's fun/interesting/exciting.  I know you have strong feelings, so if you're only going to be happy when we're playoff favorites and contending for a Super Bowl, it might actually be in your best interest to step away for a year and reevaluate after next season.  Come back when you're ready.  We'll be here ;)

10 minutes ago, CheezyColt said:

I think it's a very fun team to root for.  We haven't been in the position for a franchise QB search in quite a long time.  It's something I, as a fan, have never experienced.  I think it's fun/interesting/exciting.  I know you have strong feelings, so if you're only going to be happy when we're playoff favorites and contending for a Super Bowl, it might actually be in your best interest to step away for a year and reevaluate after next season.  Come back when you're ready.  We'll be here ;)

I've been a Colts fan since 98', so I'm in the same boat as you. I guess for me, I feel like I paid my dues with Luck, suffered through the Grigson years, and am getting no payoff. It's not even the fact that Luck didn't make a SB or win one, it's the fact that he retired halfway through his career. I trust Ballard to draft well (always have), but we are still setback 2-3 years when we draft a QB and are at the mercy of that position. 

At least we can say we are lucky to have the FO we do. After doing some research, I'm a little more open to taking a DT first round.