Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bill O’Brien becomes the Texans GM too

Restinpeacesweetchloe

He's made some questionable decisions in terms of personnel I will admit. 

But at the same time, dude sure wins a lot for a guy who is nearly universally viewed to be bad coach/manager.  He has won the AFC south 4 out of the 6 years he's been coaching Houston.  His only losing season is in 2017 when he lost his quarterback (along with several other key players) to injury.

Don't get me wrong, it's not just on here that people think he's a terrible coach.  That view seems nearly universal and some of his recent trades left me scratching my head.  

But he sure wins a lot for someone who's so universally viewed as a terrible coach.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Valpo2004 said:

He's made some questionable decisions in terms of personnel I will admit. 

But at the same time, dude sure wins a lot for a guy who is nearly universally viewed to be bad coach/manager.  He has won the AFC south 4 out of the 6 years he's been coaching Houston.  His only losing season is in 2017 when he lost his quarterback (along with several other key players) to injury.

Don't get me wrong, it's not just on here that people think he's a terrible coach.  That view seems nearly universal and some of his recent trades left me scratching my head.  

But he sure wins a lot for someone who's so universally viewed as a terrible coach.  

Did you watch the Texans/Chiefs playoff game? If you blow a 24-0 lead, and get blown out in the process, you should be fired. The fake punt up 17 should have cost him his job too. He sucks at coaching and gets promoted. It's laughable Houston is stuck with this *.

5 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Houston fans are as bad as Indy fans when it comes to whining when they lose. "It's coach's fault.... it's the QB's fault.... it's the GM's fault." When all along the teams that lose do so because they are not as good as the team that beat them.

I've never seen a coach panic while up 17 point before. O'Brien panicked when he called the stupid fake punt. His team sensed the panic from their leader, and melted down.

On 1/29/2020 at 4:03 PM, King Colt said:

Houston fans are as bad as Indy fans when it comes to whining when they lose. "It's coach's fault.... it's the QB's fault.... it's the GM's fault." When all along the teams that lose do so because they are not as good as the team that beat them.

Lol don't you mean sports fans? Glad you singled it down to the Colts and Texans. 

On 1/29/2020 at 5:03 PM, King Colt said:

Except that loss to the Chiefs was caused by O’Brien having 2 brain farts in a row. First not going for the kill on 4th and less than a yard on like the 12of the Chiefs and then doing a fake punt at his own 30.. just dumb! And helped the snowball effect of a huge comeback..

On 1/29/2020 at 4:09 PM, Pacergeek said:

I've never seen a coach panic while up 17 point before. O'Brien panicked when he called the stupid fake punt. His team sensed the panic from their leader, and melted down.

I watched a team do an onside kick on the opening kickoff of the second half of a Super Bowl game once. Talk about stupid...….. but they wound up winning!