Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

BProland's Super Bowl Week Colts Draft

This is a mock I would love to see happen for Indy. We would get help at every position of need, provided Ballard gets someone signed at TE in free agency to compliment Doyle. This will be my last mock until Free agency is mostly over. 

Indy trades 13th overall pick to Miami for their 18th overall pick and early 2nd rounder. (Miami is most likely targeting either a QB or OT here.)

Round 1 Pick 18 (MIA): Javon Kinlaw, DT, South Carolina

Ballard gets an impact 3 tech DT to be the center of this defense. I think this is right around where Kinlaw will go. 

Round 2 Pick 2: Mekhi Becton, OT, Louisville 

Ballard gets his massive OT who can take over for Costanzo at LT  when he calls it a career. I think we will have a shot at either Becton or Austin Jackson at the 34th pick for OT help. 

Round 2 Pick 7 (MIA): Justin Jefferson, WR, LSU

One of my favorite WRs of this draft, Jefferson would give this offense a very competitive go to option to compliment Hilton and could take over the #1 WR role in a year. Again, right around where he looks to be drafted. Reminds me of Davante Adams.

Round 2 Pick 12: Jordan Love, QB, Utah State

Love is a bit of a wild card at QB. Some think he will go 1st round, while other experts believe he could fall to the late 2nd round. He is still very raw and needs time before he can start. Good thing we have Reich who could work with him on reading defenses. 

Indy trades 3rd round pick to move down with Dallas, and picks up an extra 5th in the process.

Round 3 Pick 18 (DAL): Antoine Winfield Jr., FS/SS, Minnesota

He had a great 2019 season and would be a very good option as a 3rd safety in this Eberflus scheme. Would also give us insurance if Hooker doesn't progress and Ballard wants to move on. Winfield Jr. simply makes plays in every aspect of the game. 

Round 4 Pick 16: Van Jefferson, WR, Florida

Ballard selects another Senior Bowl standout in Van Jefferson. He is a bit older, coming into the league at 24, but he showed in the Senior Bowl that he is a very good route runner with reliable hands and decent speed. Plus how cool would it be to have the Jefferson boys at WR for the future?

Round 5 Pick 14: Alton Robinson, DE, Syracuse

Underrated DE prospect here. Syracuse also seems to produce good pass rushers. Chandler Jones being the latest example. Robinson could learn in a rotation right off the bat, and could earn more playing time once either Houston or Sheard leaves. 

Round 5 Pick 18 (DAL): Logan Stenberg, OG, Kentucky

A mauling type of OG, Stenberg could eventually challenge Glow for the RG spot. 

Round 6 Pick 12: Raequan Williams, DT, Michigan State

I could see Margus Hunt being released so we will need more depth at DT.

Round 6 Pick 14: Lamical Perine, RB, Florida

Very good RB this late in the draft. Would give more of a physical RB presence which this team needs in the backfield. 

Round 7 Pick 13: Rodrigo Blankenship, K, Georgia

Adam is not kicking for this team anymore, gotta find his longterm replacement.

• Like 4

We don't have three second round picks. Just the two. 

And, I really don't think Love will slip into round 2. 

QBs that might slip into 2 would be Fromm and MAYBE Eason.

QB's always rise and there are a lot of teams with question marks at the position.

Chargers need one. Does Carolina decide to move on from Cam Newton? Does Brady sign elsewhere or retire? Does Brees retire? 

Too many buyers, never enough QBs.

Love it - I actually have the same order of positions drafted with our first four selections.  But I agree with others that it’s a little optimistic.  I worry that Kinlaw will not be there at 13, and most mocks have all three of your 2nd rounders in the 1st.. 

But, I love your priorities, and I like Love more in the 2nd than @ 13, as many have it. I could stomach the pick much better after getting a DT, OT, and WR...

Dallas at 17 are rumored to be in the Kinlaw stakes but they might also like Delpit if he falls. Becton is getting some real high grades by the NFL network and ESPN guys, not sure he falls to round 2. 

I love most of your picks though... That would be great if it happened. 

I'm good with most any mock drafts that net us both Love and Kinlaw... 

I don't think we need to touch OG at all though. We have good depth already, and even more if we pick up a good T that would allow Smith to move inside if needed.

I also think you need to get at least one DB in the middle rounds. While I think the current DBs will all benefit greatly from a guy like Kinlaw, I think you need to get a guy that will push or eventually replace Desir. We run 3 CBs more than we don't, so need to keep building there. Geathers is also a growing injury concern. While I love Willis in the box vs the run on early downs, I think we need a reliable SS that's competent in coverage downs.