Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

QB landing spots predictions

2 hours ago, aaron11 said:

Rivers- retires

Brady- Chargers

the other free agents sign where they are now including Brees and TB in NO

Foles is under contract, wonder if the colts make a run at him if hes released.  doubt they would trade him here

Hope they don't.  Don't  like foles. Not a good qb

44 minutes ago, WifiGuy said:

If there is a decision between who to keep Hoyer or Kelly.   Kelly will be gone.

Many of you dont realize that Hoyer was brought in to help mentor JB, help him prepare for games, give advice.    Boggles me that most of you believe he was brought in to actually take snaps in anything other than an emergency

Doesn’t matter what you are brought in for if you can’t win games when there is a emergency. 

3 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

To me..... they HAVE to take someone like Herbert at their pick

EVEN with Brady....... They have a really good team that WILL need a QB for the next few years

Brady is still walking ....... why in the world would he play another year???..... 25 SBs wins???

Greedy Gus...... just retire already

The way I look at it is if the Chargers trade back with us they will receive 13 plus other picks.  They could also take a QB later in the draft like many are clamoring for the Colts to do and he could develop behind Brady.  They would be in a win now mode and would use the new picks to strengthen their team especially their 1st pick. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

You poor soul.   You get your hopes up every season only to be crushed.   When will you learn

My hopes aren't up.  This is just a guess and prediction like everyone else.  My 1st choice is for Gruden to get the itch to move up for a QB and we can trade for Carr.  I'm just hoping Ballard does something to address the QB position.  If he doesn't then I will be crushed.  

11 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

That to me isn’t that painful. Especially since we still have pick 44. But it would be for Herbert or Love not TUA.

I guess Tua isn’t high on your personal list

To me.... it’s WAY too steep for Love to trade

Im still considering Herbert

8 hours ago, richard pallo said:

My hopes aren't up.  This is just a guess and prediction like everyone else.  My 1st choice is for Gruden to get the itch to move up for a QB and we can trade for Carr.  I'm just hoping Ballard does something to address the QB position.  If he doesn't then I will be crushed.  

Carr (if truly available)

Is the safest QB solution 

He is not in the same category as tier 1 QBs..... but he is good enough to carry a good team into the playoffs

I imagine that CB is considering all options to improve QB play

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

If didn’t have a long injury history I would love to have him. I just can’t get past that. Especially on the hard turf at the LOS.

I think some of the injury history comes from how Alabama uses their QBs

He is a run option threat, and he takes a boatload of hits when he runs

IMHO, I would let him spend more time in a pocket, and only run when absolutely necessary

Its been written that he is a great locker room person, and has a great release with excellent accuracy.

He is a great passer at all levels...... IF...IF he is healthy, he is a target to move up to grab, IMHO

He is reported to have an average arm strength though, which can be worked on

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Apparently Dan Patrick said he has sources telling him Colts are gonna go after Rivers in FA.

Didn’t think this kind of baseless rumor deserves its own thread, but still interesting.

I will be so disappointed. We have a young team. We need a young QB to go with that. The fact FA comes before the draft makes me mad. I would be ok with it if we didn’t get the Qb we want in the draft. Once our players get older it’s to late to draft a young QB to go with them. This is the time to go get one to grow with this young team.

11 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Apparently Dan Patrick said he has sources telling him Colts are gonna go after Rivers in FA.

Didn’t think this kind of baseless rumor deserves its own thread, but still interesting.

I heard that too. It does free up our draft pick options but I just do not know if Rivers has the arm to connect on those passes farther down the field as he used to. He does not throw things on a rope. He does lead his pass catchers very well underneath, and uses everyone including TEs and RBs in the passing game, and reads coverages very well. He would be like an older but cheaper version of Derek Carr to me without Carr's upside. It would, however, be a band-aid, with another reset after 2 more years, at the latest.

If you sign Rivers, why would we need Chad Kelly and Brian Hoyer at that point since you'd still be paying Brissett that would have several years in our system and can be an expensive back up moving forward?? The dead cap to cut Brissett is $12.5 mil., so I don't think we'd cut him even if we sign Rivers.

26 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

He's a pocket passer that would be good in Reich's O.  He's a more accurate version of JB at this point, IMO.

But, I doubt it will happen.

JB would be cut.  Eating 12.5 mil of cap space is nothing.  Does Irsay really want to pay JB the cash next year?

Still doubt it will happen.

22 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Brady - stays with Pats (or retires). Fans would explode if they let him go.

Carr - stays with the Raiders. Gruden drafts WR and CB early.

Tannehill - stays with Titans

Stafford - stays with Lions. They need to draft DL and OL big time.

Newton - stays with Caroline. New coach gives him a fresh slate

Winston - stays with Tampa, TB drafts OT and RB

Rivers - to Miami to enable recovery for Tua, LAC drafts Herbert

Mariotta - signed somewhere as a backup. 

Bridgewater - stay in NO

So what does MIA do with Rosen?

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

I will be so disappointed. We have a young team. We need a young QB to go with that. The fact FA comes before the draft makes me mad. I would be ok with it if we didn’t get the Qb we want in the draft. Once our players get older it’s to late to draft a young QB to go with them. This is the time to go get one to grow with this young team.

Your whole fear of aging thing is a little disproportionate.  The guys who are gonna be past their primes or retired in 2 years on this team?  

Margus Hunt, Adam V, Hoyer, Chad Williams?, Castonzo, Houston, Inman, Sheard, Hilton, Doyle, Autry,Desir.

Who will be 26 or younger?  

Walker, Speed, Muhammed, K. Moore, T. Lewis, Leaonard, Banogu, M. Adams, Rock, K. Willis, Tell, Br. Smith, Okereke... O... ke.. re... ke...,Big Q, Mack, Hooker, Hines, P. Campbell

guys who will be in the middle of their prim at 27-28? in two years.....

M. Johnson, C. KElly, Skai Moore, Rigo, Wilkins, Johnathon Williams, Alie-Cox, R. Kelly, Odum, Grover

So..... two years from now, if we have a rookie QB.....  we'll have whoever we want out of the last 2 groups, plus 3 drafts counting 2020......  This team has time to be built yet, you may not  like it, but there's no mandate that the QB of the future must be found THIS spring.  The team isn't going to be in a position of rebuilding due to age in two or three seasons.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

So what does MIA do with Rosen?

It's a cheap contract, so not really a big deal either way. And it's only for two more years (although the team has a 5th year option which won't happen). Fitzmagic is also on a cheap two year contract. The team even has an out for this year if they chose to use it. 

IMO, if they bring in Tua, they will keep both Rosen and Fitz this year, as Tua will be on the IR to start the season if not all year. He could take a snap late in the year, but I doubt it as it will serve almost zero purpose. 

In short, ride out the last year on Fitz's contract, keep Rosen one more year and cut/trade him next off season if they intend to start Tua and will re-up on Fitz.

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

It's a cheap contract, so not really a big deal either way. And it's only for two more years (although the team has a 5th year option which won't happen). Fitzmagic is also on a cheap two year contract. The team even has an out for this year if they chose to use it. 

IMO, if they bring in Tua, they will keep both Rosen and Fitz this year, as Tua will be on the IR to start the season if not all year. He could take a snap late in the year, but I doubt it as it will serve almost zero purpose. 

In short, ride out the last year on Fitz's contract, keep Rosen one more year and cut/trade him next off season if they intend to start Tua and will re-up on Fitz.

I really wouldn't be surprised if Miami doesn't take a QB this year. I could totally see them trading back, stocking assets for next year, riding it out with Fitz, and being bad enough to get one of Fields or Lawrence next year. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

I really wouldn't be surprised if Miami doesn't take a QB this year. I could totally see them trading back, stocking assets for next year, riding it out with Fitz, and being bad enough to get one of Fields or Lawrence next year. 

I agree. I've commented on this scenario a few times. Several mocks have them passing on QB. They have enough draft capital this year to do almost anything they want this year or next.

3X 1st round, 2X 2nd round, 2X 3rd round (assumes comp pick which will be at least 4th if not 3rd), 3X 5th round (assumes 1 comp), 3X 6, 1X 7th. 

That's 15 pics holy cow... 

I'm not a huge Tua fan, so I'd personally wait till next year. 

• Like 1

Why not go after Rivers, still has some gas in the tank and can throw over five(5) yards....He just needs to tone down his interceptions.  This is an excellent idea, as a stop gap signing and can offset the salary by trading Brissett as well as draft a rookie future QB for the team...Hope Ballard can pull this off.

18 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I agree. I've commented on this scenario a few times. Several mocks have them passing on QB. They have enough draft capital this year to do almost anything they want this year or next.

3X 1st round, 2X 2nd round, 2X 3rd round (assumes comp pick which will be at least 4th if not 3rd), 3X 5th round (assumes 1 comp), 3X 6, 1X 7th. 

That's 15 pics holy cow... 

I'm not a huge Tua fan, so I'd personally wait till next year. 

Carolina is the other I see not grabbing a QB this year either... With Allen or Grier at the helm next year, they will easily be bad enough for one of the top 2 or 3 spots as well. Cam is only a 2M dead cap hit for 20' if they release him, so I have to believe he is all but gone. 

10 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Carolina is the other I see not grabbing a QB this year either... With Allen or Grier at the helm next year, they will easily be bad enough for one of the top 2 or 3 spots as well. Cam is only a 2M dead cap hit for 20' if they release him, so I have to believe he is all but gone. 

Nah, I'd bet the new coach will give Cam a clean slate for one year. They'd try to trade him (it's his last contract year) before cutting him. Unless his injury is career threatening, somebody would give him another shot.

Carolina has big needs at CB, LB (after LK's retirement), and both trenches, so I absolutely agree they won't go QB in the first though.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Barry Sears said:

I haven't seen anyone mention Dak Prescott...what if he doesn't re-sign with Dallas?  Is he someone you'd want to bring in as a FA?

I would be interested in Prescott at the right price. If the rumors are true that he is wanting in the 35 million dollar per year range, then I would say let's pass. If it were in the upper 20's to 30 then why not? I really don't see him getting out of Dallas though. I think he will end up with the franchise tag this year in Dallas.

DP is staying in Dallas. Not even worth pondering. 

IMO, the only vet to become available that Ballard might be interested in (that fits our scheme, and checks the age and measurement boxes), is Carr. And I just don't see Gruden parting with Carr right now even if the scheme fit is not perfect. He was top 16 in most core stats, and did that with a below average support cast. 

Brady isn't coming here. Ballard wouldn't be interested in Rivers (unless as a bridge/mentor for a rook). Cam is a "me" guy, and that wouldn't jive with Ballard. Winston may fit, but can't see Ballard knocking on that door either. The rest all have some type of deficiency or flag, low upside, etc., and simply less attractive than rolling the dice in the draft.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, WifiGuy said:

If there is a decision between who to keep Hoyer or Kelly.   Kelly will be gone.

Many of you dont realize that Hoyer was brought in to help mentor JB, help him prepare for games, give advice.    Boggles me that most of you believe he was brought in to actually take snaps in anything other than an emergency

I don’t know.  Hoyer was unable to fulfill his primary duty last year - guide us to a win in the starter’s absence.  Against Miami’s terrible D, we weren’t able to get anything going at home.  At one point Hoyer was 2 out of his last 10 in that game.   A lot of water still to go under the old bridge, but Hoyer could be SOL pretty early next year if we have two other backup QBs showing anything at all...

The one QB everyone is forgetting about is Taysom Hill of the Saints.  All three of their QB's are technically free agents.  Brees, Bridgewater and Hill.  They are up against the cap and will probably only be able to keep two.  Assuming Brees comes back then it's between Bridgewater and Hill and from what I've read Payton loves Hill.  He will need to be tendered a contract and teams could sign him away.  In fact I've read where they might tender him a contract that would require 1st rd compensation to them if he were to sign with someone else.  That tender is pretty expensive.  They have some decisions to make that might give us an opportunity at a QB no one is really discussing. 

6 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

The one QB everyone is forgetting about is Taysom Hill of the Saints.  All three of their QB's are technically free agents.  Brees, Bridgewater and Hill.  They are up against the cap and will probably only be able to keep two.  Assuming Brees comes back then it's between Bridgewater and Hill and from what I've read Payton loves Hill.  He will need to be tendered a contract and teams could sign him away.  In fact I've read where they might tender him a contract that would require 1st rd compensation to them if he were to sign with someone else.  That tender is pretty expensive.  They have some decisions to make that might give us an opportunity at a QB no one is really discussing. 

Are you seriously suggesting Taysom Hill?

11 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I can't see the saints letting go of Hill. They like him too much.

• Like 1