Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

QB landing spots predictions

Brady- Raiders

I just get the feeling Gruden does not want Carr as his QB so here comes Rich Gannon number two.

Carr traded to Panthers

Perfect fit because of how much Carr likes to throw to RBs and his best skills are in the intermidate game. Not sure what happens with Newton, but if he does get released, I can see him going to Chicago.

Rivers - Bucs

Arians likes savy vets that like to throw and Rivers is already in Florida.

Stafford traded to Patriots

I can see this happening. Patrica imo wants to build around Tua which also makes sense why the dolphins are trying to move up to get one of the two QBs.

Mariota- Chargers

Now I don't think this takes the Chargers out of the QB market, but I do think they want some stability before they go to the next era of their franchise.

Winston - Eagles

This would be as a backup as Wentz just can't seem to stay healthy and also I just don't think another franchise wants to give the keys to Winston to be a starter.

Bridgewater - re-signs with Saints

I think Bridgewater leaving that offense would be the biggest mistake he can make because he's perfect for that offense. Brees won't play forever and Hill is more of a gadget player imo.

Tannerhill re-signs with titans

I can't see Tannerhill and Mariota getting out of Tennessee and of the two, we know who Varbel perfers.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, B~Town said:

There will be alot less teams looking for qb s come draft time good for us . With what looks like a pretty meh qb class historically I dont see 3 or 4 going top 10 like so many predict . 

Good or bad, teams will reach for QBs. I would be extremely surprised if Burrow, Tua, and Herbert are not all gone within the first ten picks

• Like 4

Brady - stays with Pats (or retires). Fans would explode if they let him go.

Carr - stays with the Raiders. Gruden drafts WR and CB early.

Tannehill - stays with Titans

Stafford - stays with Lions. They need to draft DL and OL big time.

Newton - stays with Caroline. New coach gives him a fresh slate

Winston - stays with Tampa, TB drafts OT and RB

Rivers - to Miami to enable recovery for Tua, LAC drafts Herbert

Mariotta - signed somewhere as a backup. 

Bridgewater - stay in NO

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Brady is not going to the Raiders to be chewed at by Gruden, Brady was never about show and going to Vegas would be about showtime, IMO. Not happening. 

He married a super model and has a moat haha. I'm basing this on Gruden preferring older QBs.

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Bridgewater - stay in NO

So you're prediction is basically no one goes anywhere. Could have just said that and save yourself some characters

Going to be interesting where some of the younger QB go or end up. The two most intriguing ones for teams will be Bridgewater and Winston if they become available. Any team that takes Brady or rivers is still drafting a QB. But will they draft one that high because sitting a Herbert or. Love more then a year would be a waste and who knows how long rivers or Brady will sign for. I think rivers will either retire or become a backup somewhere.

Brady-Pats Re-signs... Pats draft QB late first. Eason, Fromm or Gordon

Brees-Saints Re-signs

Stafford-Stays with Lions.. Lions draft a QB.. Draft QB second round.. Eason, Fromm, or Gordon

Winston-Bucs.. Bucs give one more year... Draft QB at 14..  Love most likely

Foles-Released.. Re-Signs with Eagles

Minshew-Jags... All in for the Mustache

Mariota-Bears... perfect to run Nagy's system if Trubiski fails again

Bridgewater-Vikings... Vikes make move as Cousins won't be re-signed in 2021

Rivers-Retires 

Cam-Cardinals... Backup mentor Murray 

Fitz stays with Phins... Phins draft QB at 5 or before 

Dalton-Released, Bengals draft Burrow 

Dalton-Jags... Veteran brought in to backup Minshew

Grier/Allen-Panthers... Panthers stay course to develop one of these as Rhule has 7 yrs. No need for QB now with Lawrence potentially available in 2021

Tannehill-Titans

Brissett/Kelly-Colts.. Hoyer Released.. Colts DO NOT take QB in 2020 draft

Chargers Draft QB... Tua, Love, or Herbert

Eli-Retired

Flacco-Released... Signs with Redskins... Veteran to backup compete with Haskins

Carr-Raiders.. QB stays put

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CR91 said:

So you're prediction is basically no one goes anywhere. Could have just said that and save yourself some characters

Probably the safest bet though. I don’t think there will be a huge movement of QB’s this offseason.

I like your idea on Carr to the Panthers though. That’d be a good fit.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Probably the safest bet though. I don’t think there will be a huge movement of QB’s this offseason.

I like your idea on Carr to the Panthers though. That’d be a good fit.

Safe is boring

Thanks!

29 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Brissett/Kelly-Colts.. Hoyer Released.. Colts DO NOT take QB in 2020 draftput

Did you watch Ballard's press conference? I would be shocked if don't make any moves at QB

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Rivers would get killed in Arians offense

Palmer did fine in that offense and their similar players

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I could actually see Brees retiring but either way Bridgewater stays.  Stafford stays and the Lions trade back with Miami who takes Tua.  Lions stay at 5 and don't take a QB.  Brady to the Chargers and they trade back with the Colts who take Herbert.  

I'd definitely like this.

32 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Did you watch Ballard's press conference? I would be shocked if don't make any moves at QB

As much as I like JB, I would agree.  I believe that JB will be the starter, Chad Kelly will be the backup and then a draft pick will be there as well.  What round quarterback and who, I have no idea.  

4 minutes ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

As much as I like JB, I would agree.  I believe that JB will be the starter, Chad Kelly will be the backup and then a draft pick will be there as well.  What round quarterback and who, I have no idea.  

I just can't see it. We don't have the pieces to have a QB just manage a game. 

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Why is it that other teams who need a QB are signing Tier 2 or 3 FA and we are the only team avoiding that?

They are just as likely to draft a new QB as we are.

Ive never liked the idea of recycling an old QB, but what QB would you prefer we go after

4 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Ive never liked the idea of recycling an old QB, but what QB would you prefer we go after

IDK.  I was just thinking that if teams are in the same situation we are, not happy with their current QB, why are any of these vets being signed?  I'd think they would look at the situation similar to ours and draft someone.

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

IDK.  I was just thinking that if teams are in the same situation we are, not happy with their current QB, why are any of these vets being signed?  I'd think they would look at the situation similar to ours and draft someone.

Every team is gonna grade QBs differently rather that's FA or the draft. Just depends what exactly teams are looking for in their system

Rivers- retires

Brady- Chargers

the other free agents sign where they are now including Brees and TB in NO

Foles is under contract, wonder if the colts make a run at him if hes released.  doubt they would trade him here

2 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Bridgewater - stay in NO

This looks likely to me. A couple of modifications: Perhaps Rivers to Tampa on a short contract and they draft a QB to sit behind him. That would mean Winston is cut loose. Who knows where he goes?  I think the Dolphins are likely to hold on to Fitz Magic and let him coach up Tua. I do believe the Chargers will draft Herbert. Makes too much sense. They don't have to win now, but they do need to attract new fans and Herbert is talented and a fresh start. 

40 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

Rivers- retires

Brady- Chargers

the other free agents sign where they are now including Brees and TB in NO

Foles is under contract, wonder if the colts make a run at him if hes released.  doubt they would trade him here

His dead cap makes him virtually unreleasable.. He'll have to be traded for.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Hoose said:

This looks likely to me. A couple of modifications: Perhaps Rivers to Tampa on a short contract and they draft a QB to sit behind him. That would mean Winston is cut loose. Who knows where he goes?  I think the Dolphins are likely to hold on to Fitz Magic and let him coach up Tua. I do believe the Chargers will draft Herbert. Makes too much sense. They don't have to win now, but they do need to attract new fans and Herbert is talented and a fresh start. 

Hard to figure out TB. I'm not a fan of Winston at all, but he absolutely has talent. I also think TB has a ton of holes that has pushed Winston into playing way too much hero ball, translating into a lot of the INTs. I think he'd do much better if not asked to be the guy having to win most games. They have to improve that horrible pass D, and also their rush O. While they've got a "solid" OL overall, they need to upgrade at Tackle. IIRC, Winston was one of the most hit QBs in the league. 

would be funny if brady goes to LA and rivers to NE , probably sounds dumb but i'll make an argument for it

Patriots low ball TB12 and hes not interested in giving a discount this time.  Chargers have a team he can win with and Rivers takes a pay cut to chase a ring one more time 

46 minutes ago, Hoose said:

I think if the Chargers want to attract fans the drafting of Herbert won't get it done.  It's Los Angeles.  They are all about the stars and glitz.  Brady is the star attraction.  And they could win now with him.  They can still draft a QB later if they want.  But Los Angeles just screams Brady at QB for me.  

4 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Bridgewater - stay in NO

I agree with this these .... Cam is wearing out his welcome, and a QB would not surprise me

I think the Lions are in win now mode

Matt Patrica will not survive a 3rd losing season.

He cant wait on a rookie QB to develop

I bet he is open to trading the pick with someone to get some additional early picks that can play this year

I bet he also grabs some FAs as well. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

I agree with this these .... Cam is wearing out his welcome, and a QB would not surprise me

I think the Lions are in win now mode

Matt Patrica will not survive a 3rd losing season.

He cant wait on a rookie QB to develop

I bet he is open to trading the pick with someone to get some additional early picks that can play this year

I bet he also grabs some FAs as well. 

I could see Detroit trading back too. They need to fill a lot of holes in both trenches. Stafford would benefit greatly from some help on OL. Going QB high for them could be disastrous if they didn't address OL needs in FA. 

3 hours ago, richard pallo said:

I could actually see Brees retiring but either way Bridgewater stays.  Stafford stays and the Lions trade back with Miami who takes Tua.  Lions stay at 5 and don't take a QB.  Brady to the Chargers and they trade back with the Colts who take Herbert.  

You poor soul.   You get your hopes up every season only to be crushed.   When will you learn

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I could see Detroit trading back too. They need to fill a lot of holes in both trenches. Stafford would benefit greatly from some help on OL. Going QB high for them could be disastrous if they didn't address OL needs in FA. 

I would consider offering this year and next years first, and a 2nd to get Tua.....

It will be painful, but we would have our QB for the next 10 years to build around

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I think if the Chargers want to attract fans the drafting of Herbert won't get it done.  It's Los Angeles.  They are all about the stars and glitz.  Brady is the star attraction.  And they could win now with him.  They can still draft a QB later if they want.  But Los Angeles just screams Brady at QB for me.  

To me..... they HAVE to take someone like Herbert at their pick

EVEN with Brady....... They have a really good team that WILL need a QB for the next few years

Brady is still walking ....... why in the world would he play another year???..... 25 SBs wins???

Greedy Gus...... just retire already

8 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

I would consider offering this year and next years first, and a 2nd to get Tua.....

It will be painful, but we would have our QB for the next 10 years to build around

That to me isn’t that painful. Especially since we still have pick 44. But it would be for Herbert or Love not TUA.

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

Hard to figure out TB. I'm not a fan of Winston at all, but he absolutely has talent. I also think TB has a ton of holes that has pushed Winston into playing way too much hero ball, translating into a lot of the INTs. I think he'd do much better if not asked to be the guy having to win most games. They have to improve that horrible pass D, and also their rush O. While they've got a "solid" OL overall, they need to upgrade at Tackle. IIRC, Winston was one of the most hit QBs in the league. 

I think if Tampa even attempted to get a running game those INT would be cut in half.

20 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

No thanks lol. Tua's injuries scare me too much. I also saw him fade many times in big games. All things considered, I'd rather have have Herbert or Love without giving up extra draft capital.

12 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think if Tampa even attempted to get a running game those INT would be cut in half.

I agree. An upgrade at RB and OL, and Winston could look much better. If their passing D didn't stink so bad, they could play a lot more ball control too. If I were them, I'd upgrade OT on O, and DB and DL on D.

4 hours ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

If there is a decision between who to keep Hoyer or Kelly.   Kelly will be gone.

Many of you dont realize that Hoyer was brought in to help mentor JB, help him prepare for games, give advice.    Boggles me that most of you believe he was brought in to actually take snaps in anything other than an emergency