Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts & possibly landing Jerry Jeudy

Both Mel Kiper and Bucky Brooks from NFL Network have the Colts drafting WR Jerry Jeudy with the 13th overall pick. I do believe either Lamb or Jeudy will be available once the Colts are on the clock.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001099246/article/bucky-brooks-2020-nfl-mock-draft-10-jordan-love-to-saints

Would you be in favor with getting either Jeudy or Lamb at 13 or are you dead set on drafting a QB even if you have to reach or trade up? My opinion is I would be just fine getting a dominant WR round 1 who can easily be the alpha WR on this team for many years. Hilton is getting up there in age, and this team needs a future #1. Give Brissett someone like this along with Hilton and see what he can do for 2020. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Both Mel Kiper and Bucky Brooks from NFL Network have the Colts drafting WR Jerry Jeudy with the 13th overall pick. I do believe either Lamb or Jeudy will be available once the Colts are on the clock.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001099246/article/bucky-brooks-2020-nfl-mock-draft-10-jordan-love-to-saints

Would you be in favor with getting either Jeudy or Lamb at 13 or are you dead set on drafting a QB even if you have to reach or trade up? My opinion is I would be just fine getting a dominant WR round 1 who can easily be the alpha WR on this team for many years. Hilton is getting up there in age, and this team needs a future #1. Give Brissett someone like this along with Hilton and see what he can do for 2020. 

I am going to be fine with whatever Ballard does because he has earned that.   I would be stoked with Jeudy if what i read comes close to being true.   However, no rookie is going to easily be the alpha when Hilton is there.  They will be a Beta who the Alpha trains to be the Alpha when he hangs up his cleats.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

If Jerry Jeudy is available at #13, it will most likely mean that no fewer than four QB's were already taken, and both DT's Brown and Kinlaw were taken, and possibly even the top two OT's as well.  In this case, Jeudy will probably be the highest rated player left on our board, and we should take him for that reason alone.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Would you be in favor with getting either Jeudy or Lamb at 13 or are you dead set on drafting a QB even if you have to reach or trade up?

this comes down to do you think herbert or love are a reach at 13?  i dont think they are, especially not herbert.  i would prefer tua over either one and would not be mad if they traded up

first round receivers have not panned out all that well lately either i would prefer d line over them 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

this comes down to do you think herbert or love are a reach at 13?  i dont think they are, especially not herbert.  i would prefer tua over either one and would not be mad if they traded up

first round receivers have not panned out all that well lately either i would prefer d line over them 

That's how i feel as well.   If Tua is a possibility i would trade up for him.  It is a risk but the draft is in vegas.  Where else do you take a gamble?  In the alternative, i'll be happy with Jeudy.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BProland85 said:

personally, I don't think there's a QB worth a dang that is going to be available at 13. So QB is likely out. Based on Ballard's interview about winning in the trenches and how he feels the OL has been addressed but we need to address the DL, I look for a NT/DT to be taken in round 1.  I think WR at 34 is a high likelihood after that. 

• Like 2

I don’t think WRs are worth top 15 picks anymore. Hockenson went 8 which I think was high for a TE but the first WR didn’t come off the board until 25 with Brown to the Ravens last year. After that it was Harry at 32. Year before that I think Ridley was the first off the board at like 24. Last time receivers went top 15 we got Davis and Williams and the results have been mixed.

And if you want a hot take for the draft, I’d take Ruggs over Jeudy. Rugs is an underrated route runner, once he perfects that and adds it with his game breaking speed, he could be better than Jeudy. Lamb and Jeudy don’t really get me excited.

2 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

I don’t think WRs are worth top 15 picks anymore. Hockenson went 8 which I think was high for a TE but the first WR didn’t come off the board until 25 with Brown to the Ravens last year. After that it was Harry at 32. Year before that I think Ridley was the first off the board at like 24. Last time receivers went top 15 we got Davis and Williams and the results have been mixed.

And if you want a hot take for the draft, I’d take Ruggs over Jeudy. Rugs is an underrated route runner, once he perfects that and adds it with his game breaking speed, he could be better than Jeudy. Lamb and Jeudy don’t really get me excited.

That was just a product of the talent the previous 2 years. I expect there to be receivers taken high this year.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, stitches said:

That was just a product of the talent the previous 2 years. I expect there to be receivers taken high this year.

I don’t doubt that 2-3 receivers might go high. I just don’t personally think it’s good value. Especially for us. Much rather see a DT or QB there. If not that gimme the best defensive player at any position except LB. Epenesa at Edge, Fulton at corner, etc 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

I don’t doubt that 2-3 receivers might go high. I just don’t personally think it’s good value. Especially for us. Much rather see a DT or QB there. If not that gimme the best defensive player at any position except LB. Epenesa at Edge, Fulton at corner, etc 

As much as I love Jeudy as a prospect, I'm doubting Ballard would take a WR that high as well. At the moment, I'm pounding the table for Kinlaw but him being available at #13 might be a stretch.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Matthew Gilbert said:

As much as I love Jeudy as a prospect, I'm doubting Ballard would take a WR that high as well. At the moment, I'm pounding the table for Kinlaw but him being available at #13 might be a stretch.

Yeah for me option 1 is QB and option 2 is Kinlaw (If the top 4 QB’s are gone). At 34 I’m all for taking the best WR on the board.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Our WRs are fine. Who needs a talent like Jerry? Would much rather continue the trend of having our QB try to drag along mediocre WRs. Seemed to workout so well for us

Well if the QB and wrs are mediocre won't  matter. Need an upgrade at QB 

3 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

It's interesting...because while I do think there are WRs worth a top 15 pick...I also have longed believe that Day Two is the sweet spot...and it frustrated me that Ballard hadn't pulled the trigger until last year. 

I have said this before...but I would probably draft a WR on Day Two every year until I got it right. If you looked at impact players at respective positions...I am willing to bet that WRs index much much higher than most positions for Day Two players...outside of maybe TE. Skill positions in general...are great investments on Day Two.

That said...I would be happy with Jeudy or Lamb at #13. I think both are blue chip WRs. There are certainly WRs that can live up to that billing...though not so much recently. The expectations would be sky high though. 

Given how deep this draft class is...I would prefer a Day Two double-dip at the position...if they don't use one of those picks on a TE. There are only so many positions with wide open spots...and I believe WR has at least two of them. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stitches said:

Yeah...there could have been some hesitancy after 2016 and 2017...but this class it too talented to not have a couple taken early. Some team is going to pull the trigger.

Jeudy seems to be a blue chip talent. If blue chip talent is available with your first pick, you take it. Unless Herbert or somehow Burrow is still available, there is no need on gambling on a qb, wasting a pick possibly, then seeing dude ball out while we have a bust.