Indianapolis Colts
chad72

Senior Bowl Gameday thread

Just wanted a separate thread for just the game that will be happening in an hour from now.

Please keep this thread for just observations from the Senior Bowl game and nothing else, if you can. :) 

Thanks!!!

Yes.  We have the QB stuff all over the place already.  Thanks Chad.

Patricia said all QB will play a quarter and Love will finish the game.

• Like 1

I don’t think teams are going to get much out of this game. They might as well put a red jersey on the QB.  I can see why practices and meetings during the week are more important.

Guess we have to wait until the 4th to see more Love. Patricia’s play calling compared to Taylor’s was poor. Herbert looked good because he had better play calling.

6 minutes ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

So far in the 1st quarter

Herbert has been lights out like many thought. 

Love has not looked comfortable yet. 

Patrici has not called a good game to give him a chance to succeed. Mims should of caught that ball. He just didn’t track it. It was a beautiful throw by Love. I don’t think teams are going to take much out of this game. Everything I have read they don’t even stay to watch and the practices and week prep is more important.

Both QBs have looked good in different ways. Herbert has been efficient and methodical moving the ball. Love showed his arm talent and pocket presence to navigate collapsing pocket and make a throw downfield off-platform but his receiver didn't even look for the ball(Mims). On the score sheet it will be 0/1... just like the great throw he made to the sideline for Gandy-Golden earlier. 

Patricia has been bad so far too. The thing Love had to do better is manage the clock before it hit the 2 minute warning.

6 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Guess we have to wait until the 4th to see more Love. Patricia’s play calling compared to Taylor’s was poor. Herbert looked good because he had better play calling.

For Reich's system, Herbert still seems like the better fit, IMO, with more underneath passing reliability.

Why the heck is Patricia calling plays for the offense?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Yeah, this was a great play from Love on several levels. 

• Like 1

I will say that the play calling was bad. But if I wasn’t watching the game it would seem like Colts fans making more excuses for Love, lol.  Bad play calling, WR not tracking ball, etc. haha

Also, no protection for Hurts so far. No time to throw the ball. 

• Like 2

Just now, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

I will say that the play calling was bad. But if I wasn’t watching the game it would seem like Colts fans making more excuses for Love, lol.  Bad play calling, WR not tracking ball, etc. haha

Just now, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

Hah and yet you could say the same about sounding like you’re making excuses for Hurts. But they’ve both had troubles beyond their control.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m not Herbert’s biggest fan but I do think he’s the most natural fit for Reich’s system. Still think he’d have struggles getting chunk plays.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, chad72 said:

For Reich's system, Herbert still seems like the better fit, IMO, with more underneath passing reliability.

Why the heck is Patricia calling plays for the offense?

I can defiantly see that. But I have seen love  make the same type of plays in highlight videos. Patricia did him no favors. 

In  reality this game doesn’t mean much. When coaches and scouts don’t even stay to watch. What they care about is the week of preparation. It’s a typical all star game where especially defense isn’t playing all out.

5 minutes ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

I mean... he threw 3 passes. 1 got caught and ran for 10 yards or whatever it was. The second one was perfectly placed pass to the boundary where the WR had to get that ball or a pass interference had to be called. The third was the pocket collapsing and Love throwing completely off platform... it looked almost like he threw it 50 yards downfield off one foot... the pass wasn't perfect but it was plenty good enough for the situation he was put in... Mims just had to.... look for it and make the slight adjustment. 

Everything else was run run run run. 

I agree that coaching has been notably bad for the North. Herbert did well and I wasn’t a fan of his college play calling so it was nice to see what he can do.

With Love though, hard to judge him playing under Patricia’s staff.

• Like 1

Bradlee Anae is not exactly the type Ballard likes, but he's very technical pass-rusher. 

4 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

Herbert made plays when everything broke down...Love didn’t. 

You can't be serious... 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

Herbert made plays when everything broke down...Love didn’t. 

Yes, and no..if the WR caught the ball, we would have said "wonderful play by Love" but then, the South defenders let a RB be wide open down the sideline for Shea Patterson who got a 77 yard TD. So, that is how it goes...

I guess you missed when he had that run how the guy purposely didn’t sack him.

Conspiracy theory. Patricia wants Love at 3 so he made sure to call bad plays lol.

I see the Love twitter posse is out today.  Wonder why he has so many fans already?

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

I see the Love twitter posse is out today.  Wonder why he has so many fans already?

Eh, I’m not completely sold on anybody nor do I really favor any one QB too heavily.

I like Love’s potential but I also like that Herbert could probably fit seamlessly in Reich’s offense.

• Like 1

Patricia said he plans on trying to get Love back in the 4th quarter. I hope he does.

11 minutes ago, stitches said:

I mean... he threw 3 passes. 1 got caught and ran for 10 yards or whatever it was. The second one was perfectly placed pass to the boundary where the WR had to get that ball or a pass interference had to be called. The third was the pocket collapsing and Love throwing completely off platform... it looked almost like he threw it 50 yards downfield off one foot... the pass wasn't perfect but it was plenty good enough for the situation he was put in... Mims just had to.... look for it and make the slight adjustment. 

Everything else was run run run run. 

So, is this a positive thing or a negative thing in the NFL?  Just checking the standards here.

16 minutes ago, Freenyfan102 said:

Who the Hawaiian who has the three sacks so far I want him trade up if you have to

Bradlee Anae from Utah. He's a technical rusher, but lacks length and athleticism. IMO he's not the type Ballard has liked so far, but who knows... maybe he likes him. He's more 3d-4th rounder. Maybe 2nd rounder if some teams really likes him? 

3 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Eh, I’m not completely sold on anybody nor do I really favor any one QB too heavily.

I like Love’s potential but I also like that Herbert could probably fit seamlessly in Reich’s offense.

Any idea on how the DTs or OTs are faring?  Other than Mims being undraftable now for screwing up one of Loves down the field chucks, how are the rest of the WRs looking?

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

Bradlee Anae from Utah. He's a technical rusher, but lacks length and athleticism. IMO he's not the type Ballard has liked so far, but who knows... maybe he likes him. He's more 3d-4th rounder. 

Better who we have now good replacement for houston

6 minutes ago, DougDew said:

So, is this a positive thing or a negative thing in the NFL?  Just checking the standards here.

Depends on whether you can make the throw from platform, but choose to make it off-platform(generally on-platform being more technically sound and giving more control to the passer) or if your pocket collapses and you have to make the throw off-platform(this being the situation here)... and of course it depends on whether you can make those throws or not. Love can make them. He made it in this situation, he threw a catchable ball 50 yards downfield from an extremely hard situation. His receiver just didn't even look for it. 

That pass to Mims  was beautiful. That is a TD in the NFL.  TY is off to the races with that kind of pass. The announcers even said he adjusted his throw to get more air on it because he had to throw it on one foot. NFL teams are going to be grading the throw. Not whether it was completed. The only way that looks bad in Love is if it was just a horrible pass.

Is there only three QB on each team? Maybe Herbert and love play the fourth.