Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
BProland85

WR Van Jefferson

Watch his highlights and what scouts are saying about his route running. He could easily have an impact the way Terry McLaurin did last year.

Which round do you think the Colts could snatch him up? 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/v/s/247sports.com/college/florida/Article/Florida-Gators-Football-Van-Jefferson-showing-out-at-Senior-Bowl-practices-142614202/Amp/%3famp_js_v=0.1&usqp=mq331AQCKAE%3D#ampf=

47 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Watch his highlights and what scouts are saying about his route running. He could easily have an impact the way Terry McLaurin did last year.

Which round do you think the Colts could snatch him up? 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/v/s/247sports.com/college/florida/Article/Florida-Gators-Football-Van-Jefferson-showing-out-at-Senior-Bowl-practices-142614202/Amp/%3famp_js_v=0.1&usqp=mq331AQCKAE%3D#ampf=

I really like him too. I'm a big fan.

I wrote a little about him on the Senior Bowl thread. The guy is an absolute artist of a route runner.

He is having a strong Senior Bowl so far, so I'm looking forward to seeing him in the game. Its hard to gauge where he will go in the draft but he is definitely rising. His two biggest knocks is that he will be 24 by the start of next season and his production in college.

But I think he is a really good WR. I would love to get him in the 3rd round for example.

Finally here is his tape against LSU where he consistently beat Derrick Stingley.

• Like 1

OK, age 24.  Some of this polish in college may be the result of him being older and better focused on the skills of the trade then the 20 and 22 year olds.  Not that its a bad thing, because we know what his floor is, but its a slightly different thing than if he learned this craft being 21.

Will his peers catch up to him after 2 years in the NFL?

I think we need more high floor guys.  If he's better than Rogers or Johnson now, I'd say pick 44 would be fine, but better after a trade down or pick 76.  Need the 40 time though.  And the assessment of hands and catch radius.

I've been hearing good things on him for a couple weeks now.  One of my mid-round hopefuls for sure.  I try to grab him in mocks when I can.  Same thing with Marlon Mack a couple years ago.  Definitely a fan of his so far.

48 minutes ago, DougDew said:

OK, age 24.  Some of this polish in college may be the result of him being older and better focused on the skills of the trade then the 20 and 22 year olds.  Not that its a bad thing, because we know what his floor is, but its a slightly different thing than if he learned this craft being 21.

I think we need more high floor guys.  If he's better than Rogers or Johnson now, I'd say pick 44 would be fine, but better after a trade down or pick 76.  Need the 40 time though.  And the assessment of hands and catch radius.

I was thinking he could hopefully be had with our 4th or 5th round pick. 2nd or 3rd round might be a bit high for him. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DougDew said:

Weren't you the same guy a day or two ago who wrote that you were done with “high ceiling” players?

Just asking.... 

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Weren't you the same guy a day or two ago who wrote that you were done with “high ceiling” players?

Just asking.... 

That would take effort for him to have to go and look it up.. He'll probably ask you to go do it for him.. 

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Just asking.... 

What didn't you understand?  I was calling him a high floor guy, due to NFL ready route running.  That's why I offered the 2nd or 3rd rounder if hands are good.

To get a 1st rounder, he'd have to have a lot of speed too.

35 minutes ago, DougDew said:

What didn't you understand?  I was calling him a high floor guy, due to NFL ready route running.  That's why I offered the 2nd or 3rd rounder if hands are good.

When you observed that he’s already 24 and not 20 or 21 then your questioning his ceiling,  whether it was deliberate or not.

When you were concerned that his advanced skill set wouldn’t hold up against younger NFL players you were questioning his ceiling, whether it was deliberate or not.

Welcome to the life of a talent evaluator.   This is much harder than it looks....   in the span of a few days you’ve gone from being done with high ceiling guys to wondering if Jefferson’s ceiling is high enough?

Just saying.....

13 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

When you observed that he’s already 24 and not 20 or 21 then your questioning his ceiling,  whether it was deliberate or not.

When you were concerned that his advanced skill set wouldn’t hold up against younger NFL players you were questioning his ceiling, whether it was deliberate or not.

Welcome to the life of a talent evaluator.   This is much harder than it looks....   in the span of a few days you’ve gone from being done with high ceiling guys to wondering if Jefferson’s ceiling is high enough?

Just saying.....

You can't read, whether its deliberate or not.  

Since I said he was 24 and already advanced to the place a 20 to 22 year old would be in two years, that kind of talks about his ceiling being reached already and the 20 year olds having a higher ceiling themselves, up to his level in a couple of years. 

If he's reached or is close to his ceiling now, that would also be his current floor, no?

Thanks for the lecture.  How would you know how hard it is? Just wondering who you are to tell me that.

His age isn’t an issue he isn’t 28.. 24 and a healthy playing style can have him playing a decent amount of years or do you guys expect every player we have to stay with us 15+ years..he’d still be with us in his prime “if he’s good” if not he’d be kicked to the curb he’s matured enough to know how to win routes and get open and with JB u better know how Cuz if you aren’t you won’t get the ball lmao 

2 hours ago, DougDew said:

You can't read, whether its deliberate or not.  

Since I said he was 24 and already advanced to the place a 20 to 22 year old would be in two years, that kind of talks about his ceiling being reached already and the 20 year olds having a higher ceiling themselves, up to his level in a couple of years. 

If he's reached or is close to his ceiling now, that would also be his current floor, no?

Thanks for the lecture.  How would you know how hard it is? Just wondering who you are to tell me that.

You know, Doug, I was polite in my response to you.   Wish I could say the same.  

How would I know?    Who am I?

In case you haven’t noticed, I’m someone who really knows his stuff when it comes to the draft.   I’ve studied this for more than 50 years.   I covered this professionally for 30 years and still follow it closely even though I’m not paid to.   If you haven’t figured out by now, after 8 years,  that I’m someone who understands this material, then I can’t help you.    I have 8 years of credibility here.   If you think I’m just another poster, and that we’re all roughly the same...   well, then I can’t help you.   Put me on ignore if you’re not getting any benefit from my posts.  I’m always fine with that.   

18 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

You know, Doug, I was polite in my response to you.   Wish I could say the same.  

How would I know?    Who am I?

In case you haven’t noticed, I’m someone who really knows his stuff when it comes to the draft.   I’ve studied this for more than 50 years.   I covered this professionally for 30 years and still follow it closely even though I’m not paid to.   If you haven’t figured out by now, after 8 years,  that I’m someone who understands this material, then I can’t help you.    I have 8 years of credibility here.   If you think I’m just another poster, and that we’re all roughly the same...   well, then I can’t help you.   Put me on ignore if you’re not getting any benefit from my posts.  I’m always fine with that.   

Golf clap.

And this was my polite response to yours, after which you got personal....as usual.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

Golf clap.

And this was my polite response to yours, after which you got personal....as usual.

I have no idea what point you're trying to make....    but that's not uncommon for you, Doug.

Not uncommon at all.

I'm out....