Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
King Colt

QB Jordon Love The Colts Firt Round Pick?

Recommended Posts

University of Utah's QB Jordon Love seems to be in the buzz for the Colts first round pick. He is among the top four or five QBs.

  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, King Colt said:

University of Utah's QB Jordon Love seems to be in the buzz for the Colts first round pick. He is among the top four or five QBs.

 

... Also the sky is blue. grass is green, and water is wet.  Everyone caught up? haha

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, The_Ricktator said:

Not at 13. Maybe at 34.

Unless something drastic happens before the draft, Love probably won't make it to 13 let alone 34. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jchandler7 said:

Unless something drastic happens before the draft, Love probably won't make it to 13 let alone 34. 

So you see 4 qbs going before pick 13?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think another thing that might change things up is knowing where Tom Brady and Philip Rivers will play. If they join weak QB-needy teams, those said teams can afford to delay their QB pick a bit longer.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, jchandler7 said:

IMO there will be 4 QB's taken in the top 15. Burrow, Tua, Herbert & Love.

From your lips to God's ears!

 

I hope all four are gone by #13...and if you factor in that Chase Young, Andrew Thomas, Isaiah Simmons and perhaps both Lamb and Jeudy are off the board as well.... we stand a very good chance of landing Brown or Kinlaw.

 

Does this mean I don't want us to address the QB position?

 

No.....it simply means that we could land a "best in breed" D-lineman and address QB in Rounds 2 - 4.... assuming Ballard doesn't bring in a free agent.

 

 

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, pacolts56 said:

From your lips to God's ears!

 

I hope all four are gone by #13...and if you factor in that Chase Young, Andrew Thomas, Isaiah Simmons and perhaps both Lamb and Jeudy are off the board as well.... we stand a very good chance of landing Brown or Kinlaw.

 

Does this mean I don't want us to address the QB position?

 

No.....it simply means that we could land a "best in breed" D-lineman and address QB in Rounds 2 - 4.... assuming Ballard doesn't bring in a free agent.

 

 

 I don't suppose the odds are great no matter where a QB is taken that they're going to be a franchise guy, but if Ballard keys in on that guy, I don't see how he let's him sit until the second round.

 

That said, he was carrying on about moving back in the draft again.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, King Colt said:

University of Utah's QB Jordon Love seems to be in the buzz for the Colts first round pick. He is among the top four or five QBs.

First.....    Love played at Utah State,  not the University of Utah.   Big difference,  those two programs are not even close. 
 

Second....   look around the website...  everyone is talking about Love.   Ballard has been scouting him for two years.   Respectfully,   there is nothing new here.   Thanks anyway...  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, The Fish said:

 I don't suppose the odds are great no matter where a QB is taken that they're going to be a franchise guy, but if Ballard keys in on that guy, I don't see how he let's him sit until the second round.

 

That said, he was carrying on about moving back in the draft again.

He was joking about moving back.

 

I though it was funny he hears all the chad Kelly stuff. I really think they are thinking about him as a backup in the future. Just not sure you want a guy with his background with a rookie QB. I think I would rather have a veteran if we only carry two.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The_Ricktator said:

Not at 13. Maybe at 34.

 

Love won't be around at 13, much less 34. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Thunderbolt said:

Love may not make it to 13 or 34, but Fromm will.

Well that depends  on whether fromm rises after his workouts

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Thunderbolt said:

Love may not make it to 13 or 34, but Fromm will.

Good for Fromm. He'll still be available after pick 34 is turned in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CantBeStopped said:

Good for Fromm. He'll still be available after pick 34 is turned in

And probably after 44, 54, and 64 too haha

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the Colts have Love available and do not take him with No.13, who will be our biggest QB needy teams that we will face competition from? I would have to assume every QB needy team would have played their card by then for a QB.

 

Thoughts as to when we would have to move back into Round 1 to get Love if he drops? Eagles at 21? We have to think about that possibility and be ready for it, IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would rather endure another season of JB than invest a pick -- any pick -- in Love.  Come to think of it, I'd rather get a root canal every week, without anesthetic, than see Love under center for the Colts. 

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jordan Love is Jameis Winston 2.0. No thanks. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MTC said:

Jordan Love is Jameis Winston 2.0. No thanks. 

No he isn’t. Winston thinks he has done nothing wrong. Love is self aware and has talked about finding a balance between taking close chances and not put the ball at risk. 

Edited by Chloe6124

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chad72 said:

If the Colts have Love available and do not take him with No.13, who will be our biggest QB needy teams that we will face competition from? I would have to assume every QB needy team would have played their card by then for a QB.

 

Thoughts as to when we would have to move back into Round 1 to get Love if he drops? Eagles at 21? We have to think about that possibility and be ready for it, IMO.

Patriots and Saints. What if the Vikings and titans pull a KC and see a upgrade even though they are winning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would rather see the first pick to be a top edge rusher not that one will be available. If Love gets the call will it be with the plan to start him?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/24/2020 at 6:19 PM, esmort said:

 

... Also the sky is blue. grass is green, and water is wet.  Everyone caught up? haha

I would not bet the house on a QB being the first pick But I doubt Chase Young will be available unless.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, King Colt said:

I would rather see the first pick to be a top edge rusher not that one will be available. If Love gets the call will it be with the plan to start him?

I would think he will sit a year. Anything can happen in TC. He could look really good and out perform Jacoby.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MTC said:

Jordan Love is Jameis Winston 2.0. No thanks. 

 

He threw for 3,567 yards, 32 TDs and 6 TDs in 2018.

 

In 2019, Love lost his OC, his entire starting offensive line (1 OL with experience returned), his starting RB, and 80% of his WR production from the previous season. 

 

Despite that, he still put up 3,402 yards, 20 TDs, and 17 INTs this past season.  He's not flawless (no college QB prospect is), but he drew nothing but praise from the NFL coaches that worked with him this past week at the Senior Bowl.  He spun the ball well all week, and in the Next-Gen stats testing, he blew all the other QBs away.

 

Utah State didn't utilize his legs much in their offense, but he showed Deshaun Watson-like power and quickness running zone read in Mobile this week, blowing past front 7s consisting of some of the best collegiate players in the country.

 

Is he the next Patrick Mahomes?  Who knows.  But, respectfully, he's definitely not Jameis Winston 2.0. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

No he isn’t. Winston thinks he has done nothing wrong. Love is self aware and has talked about finding a balance between taking close chances and not put the ball at risk. 

I think MTC was comparing his on-field performance to Winston. He's probably a good kid with his head screwed on straight, but this last season he threw 17 INTs against 20 TDs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HarryTheCat said:

I think MTC was comparing his on-field performance to Winston. He's probably a good kid with his head screwed on straight, but this last season he threw 17 INTs against 20 TDs. 

 

If someone is going to rely on traditional statistics (which aren't the best metric anyway), and that someone is going to hold that season against him (which is fair), then that same someone has to give him credit for his incredible '18 season, too.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zibby43 said:

 

If someone is going to rely on traditional statistics (which aren't the best metric anyway), and that someone is going to hold that season against him (which is fair), then that same someone has to give him credit for his incredible '18 season, too.

 

 

The only statistics that count are "traditional statistics".  And what are those better metrics? Do you give him "style points" for heaving up a particularly nice spiral that gets picked? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, HarryTheCat said:

I would rather endure another season of JB than invest a pick -- any pick -- in Love.  Come to think of it, I'd rather get a root canal every week, without anesthetic, than see Love under center for the Colts. 

That sounds painful

 

Im not as high on Love as others are

 

I would rather take a run at DL and OT... then get the best QB

 

I really like Gordon (If we don’t go FA)

 

But..... If CB is in Love with Love and he is still available at 13 ..... he should go for it. The kid is talented.

 

If we trade a bunch of picks to go get Love, I’m going to be in the whine club

 

:default_20smile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Herbert looked really good yesterday

 

I think he put himself on the radar where the Dolphins may take him at 5 over Tua

 

He seems to have the tools to be a pro bowl player

 

If I am the Colts and you just have to trade up, I’m going to the Lions and Redskins and taking Herbert or Tua..... Not Love

 

What I saw of Love yesterday and his play this year he is NOT worthy of the two first round and probably some other high draft picks to move up.

 

Herbert, Tua, and Burrows are excellent all around talents

 

Love seems to be in the next category, not horrible, not bad, just not quite the same level.  
 

 

Gordon isn’t quite at the same level as Love, but they are closer than Love and Burrows in level difference

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, so I have to admit. I have been sticking with JB and there are later round QBs I really like such as Hurts and Gordon, but... I have been doing this because I don’t want to setup myself up for disappointed. I can admit that I really like Jordan Love and would take him at 13, if Ballard likes him. Which it sounds like he does. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

Okay, so I have to admit. I have been sticking with JB and there are later round QBs I really like such as Hurts and Gordon, but... I have been doing this because I don’t want to setup myself up for disappointed. I can admit that I really like Jordan Love and would take him at 13, if Ballard likes him. Which it sounds like he does. 

 

 

Do you remember all of the players that CB had in to Indy the past few years and DIDNT draft them?
 

We were linked to a bunch of players that we didn’t draft

 

They may like the kid but they may just be doing their due diligence

 

If CB blows pick 13.....  It will be a huge blow to his long term career at Colts..... I bet they are EXTRA careful this year

 

Supposedly they didn’t spend an inordinate time on  QN before they drafted him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like what I saw out of Jordan Love yesterday. His ball placement on the deep throw was excellent even though the receiver dropped the pass. His decision making is pretty quick. If option one is covered, he quickly throwing to other options. I know that reading all these comments that it seems like we are split down the middle when it comes to him.  Outside of pick #1. There are reasons to pick the guy and there are enough reasons for someone to talk you out of that pick. The same could be said of Lamar Jackson and Pat Mahomes when they came out. 
But the question should be is Jordan Love better than JB. And the answer to that is yes. If the Colts pick him at 13. I don’t see him sitting the bench long. I see him out playing JB from the start of TC. And if you thought the noise from the fan base for Chad Kelly was loud. It will be even louder if they select Jordan Love at 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, JR Indy said:
But the question should be is Jordan Love better than JB. And the answer to that is yes. If the Colts pick him at 13. I don’t see him sitting the bench long. I see him out playing JB from the start of TC. And if you thought the noise from the fan base for Chad Kelly was loud. It will be even louder if they select Jordan Love at 13

That is the flaw in everyone’s plan. Everyone says now that it known that Love needs a year of sitting and that we should go the Mahomes route of letting JB start. The issue with the fan base, if we draft JLove, is that the moment that JB struggles, they will clamor for JLove. Even if he isn’t ready. Which if he isn’t ready, could ruin him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, chad72 said:

If the Colts have Love available and do not take him with No.13, who will be our biggest QB needy teams that we will face competition from? I would have to assume every QB needy team would have played their card by then for a QB.

 

Thoughts as to when we would have to move back into Round 1 to get Love if he drops? Eagles at 21? We have to think about that possibility and be ready for it, IMO.

i think its the patriots

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

That is the flaw in everyone’s plan. Everyone says now that it known that Love needs a year of sitting and that we should go the Mahomes route of letting JB start. The issue with the fan base, if we draft JLove, is that the moment that JB struggles, they will clamor for JLove. Even if he isn’t ready. Which if he isn’t ready, could ruin him. 

dont think that will be an issue, they will just ignore it like they did the calls for kelly last year 

 

love may not have to wait that long either 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...