Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

QB Jordon Love The Colts Firt Round Pick?

38 minutes ago, King Colt said:

University of Utah's QB Jordon Love seems to be in the buzz for the Colts first round pick. He is among the top four or five QBs.

... Also the sky is blue. grass is green, and water is wet.  Everyone caught up? haha

27 minutes ago, jchandler7 said:

IMO there will be 4 QB's taken in the top 15. Burrow, Tua, Herbert & Love.

From your lips to God's ears!

I hope all four are gone by #13...and if you factor in that Chase Young, Andrew Thomas, Isaiah Simmons and perhaps both Lamb and Jeudy are off the board as well.... we stand a very good chance of landing Brown or Kinlaw.

Does this mean I don't want us to address the QB position?

No.....it simply means that we could land a "best in breed" D-lineman and address QB in Rounds 2 - 4.... assuming Ballard doesn't bring in a free agent.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, pacolts56 said:

From your lips to God's ears!

I hope all four are gone by #13...and if you factor in that Chase Young, Andrew Thomas, Isaiah Simmons and perhaps both Lamb and Jeudy are off the board as well.... we stand a very good chance of landing Brown or Kinlaw.

Does this mean I don't want us to address the QB position?

No.....it simply means that we could land a "best in breed" D-lineman and address QB in Rounds 2 - 4.... assuming Ballard doesn't bring in a free agent.

I don't suppose the odds are great no matter where a QB is taken that they're going to be a franchise guy, but if Ballard keys in on that guy, I don't see how he let's him sit until the second round.

That said, he was carrying on about moving back in the draft again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, King Colt said:

University of Utah's QB Jordon Love seems to be in the buzz for the Colts first round pick. He is among the top four or five QBs.

First.....    Love played at Utah State,  not the University of Utah.   Big difference,  those two programs are not even close. 

Second....   look around the website...  everyone is talking about Love.   Ballard has been scouting him for two years.   Respectfully,   there is nothing new here.   Thanks anyway...  

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I don't suppose the odds are great no matter where a QB is taken that they're going to be a franchise guy, but if Ballard keys in on that guy, I don't see how he let's him sit until the second round.

That said, he was carrying on about moving back in the draft again.

He was joking about moving back.

I though it was funny he hears all the chad Kelly stuff. I really think they are thinking about him as a backup in the future. Just not sure you want a guy with his background with a rookie QB. I think I would rather have a veteran if we only carry two.

If the Colts have Love available and do not take him with No.13, who will be our biggest QB needy teams that we will face competition from? I would have to assume every QB needy team would have played their card by then for a QB.

Thoughts as to when we would have to move back into Round 1 to get Love if he drops? Eagles at 21? We have to think about that possibility and be ready for it, IMO.

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

If the Colts have Love available and do not take him with No.13, who will be our biggest QB needy teams that we will face competition from? I would have to assume every QB needy team would have played their card by then for a QB.

Thoughts as to when we would have to move back into Round 1 to get Love if he drops? Eagles at 21? We have to think about that possibility and be ready for it, IMO.

Patriots and Saints. What if the Vikings and titans pull a KC and see a upgrade even though they are winning.

5 hours ago, MTC said:

Jordan Love is Jameis Winston 2.0. No thanks. 

He threw for 3,567 yards, 32 TDs and 6 TDs in 2018.

In 2019, Love lost his OC, his entire starting offensive line (1 OL with experience returned), his starting RB, and 80% of his WR production from the previous season. 

Despite that, he still put up 3,402 yards, 20 TDs, and 17 INTs this past season.  He's not flawless (no college QB prospect is), but he drew nothing but praise from the NFL coaches that worked with him this past week at the Senior Bowl.  He spun the ball well all week, and in the Next-Gen stats testing, he blew all the other QBs away.

Utah State didn't utilize his legs much in their offense, but he showed Deshaun Watson-like power and quickness running zone read in Mobile this week, blowing past front 7s consisting of some of the best collegiate players in the country.

Is he the next Patrick Mahomes?  Who knows.  But, respectfully, he's definitely not Jameis Winston 2.0. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

No he isn’t. Winston thinks he has done nothing wrong. Love is self aware and has talked about finding a balance between taking close chances and not put the ball at risk. 

I think MTC was comparing his on-field performance to Winston. He's probably a good kid with his head screwed on straight, but this last season he threw 17 INTs against 20 TDs. 

3 hours ago, HarryTheCat said:

I think MTC was comparing his on-field performance to Winston. He's probably a good kid with his head screwed on straight, but this last season he threw 17 INTs against 20 TDs. 

If someone is going to rely on traditional statistics (which aren't the best metric anyway), and that someone is going to hold that season against him (which is fair), then that same someone has to give him credit for his incredible '18 season, too.

1 hour ago, zibby43 said:

If someone is going to rely on traditional statistics (which aren't the best metric anyway), and that someone is going to hold that season against him (which is fair), then that same someone has to give him credit for his incredible '18 season, too.

The only statistics that count are "traditional statistics".  And what are those better metrics? Do you give him "style points" for heaving up a particularly nice spiral that gets picked? 

13 hours ago, HarryTheCat said:

I would rather endure another season of JB than invest a pick -- any pick -- in Love.  Come to think of it, I'd rather get a root canal every week, without anesthetic, than see Love under center for the Colts. 

That sounds painful

Im not as high on Love as others are

I would rather take a run at DL and OT... then get the best QB

I really like Gordon (If we don’t go FA)

But..... If CB is in Love with Love and he is still available at 13 ..... he should go for it. The kid is talented.

If we trade a bunch of picks to go get Love, I’m going to be in the whine club

:default_20smile:

Herbert looked really good yesterday

I think he put himself on the radar where the Dolphins may take him at 5 over Tua

He seems to have the tools to be a pro bowl player

If I am the Colts and you just have to trade up, I’m going to the Lions and Redskins and taking Herbert or Tua..... Not Love

What I saw of Love yesterday and his play this year he is NOT worthy of the two first round and probably some other high draft picks to move up.

Herbert, Tua, and Burrows are excellent all around talents

Love seems to be in the next category, not horrible, not bad, just not quite the same level.  

Gordon isn’t quite at the same level as Love, but they are closer than Love and Burrows in level difference

Okay, so I have to admit. I have been sticking with JB and there are later round QBs I really like such as Hurts and Gordon, but... I have been doing this because I don’t want to setup myself up for disappointed. I can admit that I really like Jordan Love and would take him at 13, if Ballard likes him. Which it sounds like he does. 

8 minutes ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

Okay, so I have to admit. I have been sticking with JB and there are later round QBs I really like such as Hurts and Gordon, but... I have been doing this because I don’t want to setup myself up for disappointed. I can admit that I really like Jordan Love and would take him at 13, if Ballard likes him. Which it sounds like he does. 

Do you remember all of the players that CB had in to Indy the past few years and DIDNT draft them?

We were linked to a bunch of players that we didn’t draft

They may like the kid but they may just be doing their due diligence

If CB blows pick 13.....  It will be a huge blow to his long term career at Colts..... I bet they are EXTRA careful this year

Supposedly they didn’t spend an inordinate time on  QN before they drafted him

I like what I saw out of Jordan Love yesterday. His ball placement on the deep throw was excellent even though the receiver dropped the pass. His decision making is pretty quick. If option one is covered, he quickly throwing to other options. I know that reading all these comments that it seems like we are split down the middle when it comes to him.  Outside of pick #1. There are reasons to pick the guy and there are enough reasons for someone to talk you out of that pick. The same could be said of Lamar Jackson and Pat Mahomes when they came out. 
But the question should be is Jordan Love better than JB. And the answer to that is yes. If the Colts pick him at 13. I don’t see him sitting the bench long. I see him out playing JB from the start of TC. And if you thought the noise from the fan base for Chad Kelly was loud. It will be even louder if they select Jordan Love at 13

29 minutes ago, JR Indy said:
But the question should be is Jordan Love better than JB. And the answer to that is yes. If the Colts pick him at 13. I don’t see him sitting the bench long. I see him out playing JB from the start of TC. And if you thought the noise from the fan base for Chad Kelly was loud. It will be even louder if they select Jordan Love at 13

That is the flaw in everyone’s plan. Everyone says now that it known that Love needs a year of sitting and that we should go the Mahomes route of letting JB start. The issue with the fan base, if we draft JLove, is that the moment that JB struggles, they will clamor for JLove. Even if he isn’t ready. Which if he isn’t ready, could ruin him. 

15 hours ago, chad72 said:

i think its the patriots

26 minutes ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

That is the flaw in everyone’s plan. Everyone says now that it known that Love needs a year of sitting and that we should go the Mahomes route of letting JB start. The issue with the fan base, if we draft JLove, is that the moment that JB struggles, they will clamor for JLove. Even if he isn’t ready. Which if he isn’t ready, could ruin him. 

dont think that will be an issue, they will just ignore it like they did the calls for kelly last year 

love may not have to wait that long either