Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Daniel Jeremiah's first mock of the 2020 Draft season (merge)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001097592/article/daniel-jeremiah-2020-nfl-mock-draft-10-four-qbs-in-top-15

13. Jordan Love - QB

School: Utah State | Year: Junior (RS)

The Colts haven't publicly committed to Jacoby Brissett as their starter in 2020, and Love is simply too intriguing to pass up. He might need to sit for a year, but the payoff could be huge.

Colts pick Love with Herbert still on the board. Jeremiah knows what's up... :thmup: 

Surprising/notable picks:

-Mekhi Becton goes no. 4 to the Giants and is the first OT drafted

-K'Lavon Chaisson goes no. 11 to the Jets and is the second edge drafted after Chase Young

-Jordan Love over Herbert

-Ceedee Lamb and Jerry Jeudy last until the teens. 

-D'Andre Swift is RB1 and he goes in the middle of the 1st

-Patrick Queen is the second highest drafted LB after Simmons

-Xavier McKinney over Grant Delpit

-Marlon Davidson, EDGE, Auburn goes R1!!!

-Zack Baun, EDGE, Wisconsin goes R1

-

• Like 4

1 minute ago, BProland85 said:

I would really hope we don't pass on both CeeDee Lamb and Jerry Jeudy for Love or Herbert. 

Serve before return of serve, Pitcher before hitter, QB over WR any day of the week, for roster construction, when equally rated. Ultimately up to Ballard's board, not yours or mine.

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, chad72 said:

This guy Daniel Jeremiah was a former scout and was the first one to predict Kyler Murray as the No.1 pick in the 2019 draft. Color me "put on notice". :) 

I believe he also picked Jones to the Giants last year at 6.  I'm paying attention.

6 minutes ago, chad72 said:

It is a bit surprising for the Chargers mocked to not go for a QB.

Rivers or Brady???

I'm saying Brady!

4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Two of the best guys in doing mocks have Love before Herbert.

But if they both have them going to the Colts, it may just be because of the knowledge that Ballard is interested.  

I would like to see different mocks where Love goes to a different team in need, say the LAC, indicating that he is more universally accepted as being the better prospect than Herbert.

I wouldn’t be thrilled with this honestly. We are passing on Herbert, who IMO from my scouting is much better than Love, and also on Juedy and Epenesa, two guys who I’m interested in, for a guy who I would only consider taking with one of our 2nd round picks. Even if I were on the Love bandwagon, I still wouldn’t draft him over Herbert in any scenario. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

I wouldn’t be thrilled with this honestly. We are passing on Herbert, who IMO from my scouting is much better than Love, and also on Juedy and Epenesa, two guys who I’m interested in, for a guy who I would only consider taking with one of our 2nd round picks. Even if I were on the Love bandwagon, I still wouldn’t draft him over Herbert in any scenario. 

This, I agree on. I would really really be surprised if Tom Telesco, a Polian protege, would pass on Herbert sitting at #6. I think that is where this mock will be wrong and the Chargers get Herbert with a domino effect after that.

• Like 1

I think after Mayock became a GM, Jeremiah became the most accurate NFL draft analysts in terms of correct picks. Some of those other surprise picks aren’t surprises. I’ve heard talk about Baun going round 1 as well. Also not surprised about Jeudy or Lamb. Jeudy is a precises route runner but not explosive. I think Ruggs has more upside tbh. And Lamb might struggle to separate in the NFL. He couldn’t get open against LSU who has NFL level corners in Stingley and Fulton, and he’ll see much tougher corners on Sundays. 

Davidson in the 1st is the one that caught me off guard.

This mock assumes nobody does any first round trades at all.  (Okay, you kinda have to do that when doing a mock for publication.)  But I seriously doubt that it falls that way once draft day arrives.

I also agree that if Love is drafted before Herbert, it would shake the world a bit.  Matilda, y'all better go tie down all the china!

8 minutes ago, FalseStart said:

This is why he is no longer a scout... 

He’s no longer a scout and now he makes 3-5 times more money (more?) while getting to live in Southern California.   He only travels when he wants.   And he gets to be with his family year round.

THAT’S why he works for the NFL Network.    He’s good at his job. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

You can bet big $$$$ that he still has connections.

And, though few here want to recognize it, both Mel and Todd have connections in the scouting community as well.  

I agree with this.

My issue with both of them is the project draft for need instead of BPA.

6 hours ago, stitches said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001097592/article/daniel-jeremiah-2020-nfl-mock-draft-10-four-qbs-in-top-15

Colts pick Love with Herbert still on the board. Jeremiah knows what's up... :thmup: 

Surprising/notable picks:

-Mekhi Becton goes no. 4 to the Giants and is the first OT drafted

-K'Lavon Chaisson goes no. 11 to the Jets and is the second edge drafted after Chase Young

-Jordan Love over Herbert

-Ceedee Lamb and Jerry Jeudy last until the teens. 

-D'Andre Swift is RB1 and he goes in the middle of the 1st

-Patrick Queen is the second highest drafted LB after Simmons

-Xavier McKinney over Grant Delpit

-Marlon Davidson, EDGE, Auburn goes R1!!!

-Zack Baun, EDGE, Wisconsin goes R1

-

I like Patrick Queen from LSU, I thought he had a very good championship game too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

You haven’t watched him if you truly believe that. Brissett can’t make the throws he does.

I have and he's not. He's inaccurate and plays with no discipline. His ints were terrible decisions

5 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

He’s no longer a scout and now he makes 3-5 times more money (more?) while getting to live in Southern California.   He only travels when he wants.   And he gets to be with his family year round.

THAT’S why he works for the NFL Network.    He’s good at his job. 

Not sure how many good points you have listed there...1 (Southern California isn’t special...Money is just money...Family Time is key) but he will still get >90% of his mock draft wrong...(Even with all his contacts) like everyone else. You and me included. 

55 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

We have been through this and the reasons. Pretty sure his accuracy was about the same as Herberts. Love was right about 65% in 2018. That is where you want it. He Is not inaccurate.

Accuracy is not about completion percentage. It's ball placement and his is terrible. 

11 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Accuracy is not about completion percentage. It's ball placement and his is terrible. 

11 minutes ago, CR91 said:

That isnt true either. All the reports from today said his ball placement is very good. I don’t know what you are watching. They raved today it  was so good becase he was putting only where the receiver can get it. You can’t be watching if you really think that.

13 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

That isnt true either. All the reports from today said his ball placement is very good. I don’t know what you are watching. They raved today it  was so good becase he was putting only where the receiver can get it. You can’t be watching if you really think that.

Form your own opinion instead of listening to these "experts"

14 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

That’s not true. Several said he had quite a few bad throws. PFF was one and you didn’t like that.

• Like 1

He may know what he's talking about in terms of what will happen, but I hope he's wrong.  I would just as soon grab a good player at another position then worry about a guy like Love in round 2.  And I SURE AS HELL wouldn't draft Love before Herbert.

6 hours ago, CR91 said:

Form your own opinion instead of listening to these "experts"

My opinion is that his ball placement is good and he has excellent touch. He's actually one of the more accurate QBs in this draft especially when he's not pressured.  :dunno: I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this one. 

I agree about his decision-making though... needs improvements. Too many YOLO throws. 

• Like 2