Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
Hoose

Pre Senior Bowl Four round Mock

Recommended Posts

Its early, but so what. Obviously, the Sr. Bowl, Combine, and personal workouts will change the ultimate draft order, but I like these guys regardless.

This mock assumes our LT re-ups with the Colts. Otherwise, they would have to address that slot earlier than I do. It also assumes that Jordan Love goes in the late first round, and that the Colts don't trade up to grab him.

 

1. Javon Kinlaw, DT. 

2 (a) Brandon Aiyuk, WR

2 (b) Anthony Gordon, QB

3. Hunter Bryant, TE

4. Matt Peart, OT

 

This is the offense heavy draft I expect Ballard to pursue. The team needs playmakers; I think this gets them four new ones. Kinlaw is the exception to an offensively oriented draft; we all know the Colts need a 3-tech DT, and he's both a stud and a high character person. Ballard's kind of guy. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like your priorities...  I’d be happy with something like this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am just glad you did not go WR with No.13 because I do not believe it gives us good ROI in a deep WR class, IMO. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chad72 said:

I am just glad you did not go WR with No.13 because I do not believe it gives us good ROI in a deep WR class, IMO. 

I’m in total agreement with this statement. Be prepared to get nailed to the cross for sharing it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Vexed said:

I’m in total agreement with this statement. Be prepared to get nailed to the cross for sharing it.

 

I elaborated it here:

 

https://forums.colts.com/topic/64414-2020-nfl-draft-simulated-mock-drafts-thread/?do=findComment&comment=1988974

 

https://forums.colts.com/topic/64414-2020-nfl-draft-simulated-mock-drafts-thread/?do=findComment&comment=1988999

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I definitely like it!

 

I'm personally, for now, on team "Anthony Gordon at No.44". I'm not really a fan of Aijuk at 34 though, but we all have guys we like or don't like. Honestly pick 34 is the biggest enigma for me. When looking at prospect rankings I'm often left feeling underwhelmed with who shows up there. My hope would be someone surprising Falls to us, but that doesn't really make for a realistic mock, so I'll have to stay tuned this off-season to see who seems worthy.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like your picks.  I am one of the few that hopes he goes Kinlaw or Brown with the 1st pick.  Pick up a decent RT with the 2A pick and get another good 3T DT with the 2b pick.  Keep building the trenches especially with the uncertainty of AC.  Try to get a good QB and WR with our 3rd and 4th.  Maybe CB can work some magic in the mid rounds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, bigt said:

I like your picks.  I am one of the few that hopes he goes Kinlaw or Brown with the 1st pick.  Pick up a decent RT with the 2A pick and get another good 3T DT with the 2b pick.  Keep building the trenches especially with the uncertainty of AC.  Try to get a good QB and WR with our 3rd and 4th.  Maybe CB can work some magic in the mid rounds.

Our Future kind of depends on this draft and Free Agency class.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, funktacious2 said:

I definitely like it!

 

I'm personally, for now, on team "Anthony Gordon at No.44". I'm not really a fan of Aijuk at 34 though, but we all have guys we like or don't like. Honestly pick 34 is the biggest enigma for me. When looking at prospect rankings I'm often left feeling underwhelmed with who shows up there. My hope would be someone surprising Falls to us, but that doesn't really make for a realistic mock, so I'll have to stay tuned this off-season to see who seems worthy.

 

What don't you like about Aiyuk?

He had 1192 yds as a WR, 446 yds as a KR, and 226 yds as a PR. He has great speed and if i remember correctly he was the #1 Post-route WR in college football.

I honestly don't think he will even be available at #34

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Draftek has Aiyuk at 90 on its big board.  May be able to get him in the 3rd.  There is a lot of big and tall WRs that can be had in the 4th round on down.  They just need to have good hands so the can catch JBs fastballs.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like it.  Of course if Brown is still there I'd take him over Kinlaw, and if Jefferson is there at WR I'd take him over Aiyuk.  But I like the way you're thinkin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GoColts00 said:

What don't you like about Aiyuk?

He had 1192 yds as a WR, 446 yds as a KR, and 226 yds as a PR. He has great speed and if i remember correctly he was the #1 Post-route WR in college football.

I honestly don't think he will even be available at #34

I just clarify it's not just him, it's also where he's drafted. And as I said, what to do at pick 34 is a mystery to me so maybe someone like him is the right choice, afterall. I would concede that this early I don't have much to go off of. The bits I had seen of him I was concerned about some body catches and thought he didn't look explosive. His balance looked insane though iirc, definitely can slide out of a tackle. I also try to give players projected in the top 3 round a good look at some point especially if they are in a position of need, so I'm sure I'll watch some play by play stuff on him and may feel different. I think he's great, don't get me wrong, but I like someone like KJ Hill or Donovan Peoples-Jones just as much and they are going in the late second not late 1st/early second. Just my 2 cents.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, funktacious2 said:

I just clarify it's not just him, it's also where he's drafted. And as I said, what to do at pick 34 is a mystery to me so maybe someone like him is the right choice, afterall. I would concede that this early I don't have much to go off of. The bits I had seen of him I was concerned about some body catches and thought he didn't look explosive. His balance looked insane though iirc, definitely can slide out of a tackle. I also try to give players projected in the top 3 round a good look at some point especially if they are in a position of need, so I'm sure I'll watch some play by play stuff on him and may feel different. I think he's great, don't get me wrong, but I like someone like KJ Hill or Donovan Peoples-Jones just as much and they are going in the late second not late 1st/early second. Just my 2 cents.

I was just curious what your thoughts were. Everyone on this forum wants the Colts to be the best (except for the trolls) and no one agrees 100% with everyone else, so like i said I was just wondering.

I know KJ's name but I would need to look into him more. DPJ i have watched ever since he chose to go to Michigan. I really wish Harbaugh would've run a better Offense. DPJ has some talent but I think he was under-utilized. He may end up being a much better NFL player than college just by what NFL team he goes to.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the draft, low key would rather have Jalen Reager TCU or Shenault, Colorado than Aiyuk but his size can pair well with the speed of TY and Parris  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Yea, no way to predict injuries... with a healthy Funchess, Campbell, and Fountain to compliment TY, that group hypothetically should be pretty solid.   I thought Campbell really showed strides in improving his game throughout the season, though it was unfortunate that every time he showed glimpses of what he may become, he would get re-injured.  And Funchess from pre-season and the little bit we saw of him in game 1 looked to have pretty solid chemistry with Brissett.   From a recent interview, it sounds like Ballard wants Funchess back.  If we can't sign him before the draft, I expect we'll get a big-bodied guy there.  I tend to think we're going to draft one either way.   Jacoby's play definitely declined after week 6 last year (he had 14 of his 18 TDs in the first 6 games).  Obviously, he was a step back from Luck.  However, I still can't pinpoint his decline over the season.  Was it a) he had a lack of targets due to all our injuries? b) Jacoby's knee injury taking some zip off his throws? c) teams figuring out how to game plan against him, or d) Jacoby just not being all that good of a QB?    My guess is, all 4 factored into that... I certainly think he would've been a little better without the injuries and with a better WR corps, but can't say how much.  That said, I don't think the lack of talent at WR last year was due to CB not trying to build that position group anywhere near as much as it was due to unexpected injuries.
    • Give the raiders some pass rush help   Raiders select K'lavon Chaisson   Jags are up
    • Dolphins select Tristan Wirfs OT  Raiders next
    • Maybe a weird pick for the cowboys, but this is BPA and make their LB Corp elite.   Cowboys select Isiah Simmons   Dolphins are up
    • Falcons take Xavier Mckinney  Cowboys next
  • Members

    • cjrichard

      cjrichard 89

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • shastamasta

      shastamasta 2,243

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Thunderbolt

      Thunderbolt 209

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • CR91

      CR91 9,385

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Aces101

      Aces101 112

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • buccolts

      buccolts 3,859

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Hoose

      Hoose 885

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • ClaytonColt

      ClaytonColt 460

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • ColtsGermany

      ColtsGermany 215

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • PrestonColt

      PrestonColt 0

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...