Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pre Senior Bowl Four round Mock

Its early, but so what. Obviously, the Sr. Bowl, Combine, and personal workouts will change the ultimate draft order, but I like these guys regardless.

This mock assumes our LT re-ups with the Colts. Otherwise, they would have to address that slot earlier than I do. It also assumes that Jordan Love goes in the late first round, and that the Colts don't trade up to grab him.

1. Javon Kinlaw, DT. 

2 (a) Brandon Aiyuk, WR

2 (b) Anthony Gordon, QB

3. Hunter Bryant, TE

4. Matt Peart, OT

This is the offense heavy draft I expect Ballard to pursue. The team needs playmakers; I think this gets them four new ones. Kinlaw is the exception to an offensively oriented draft; we all know the Colts need a 3-tech DT, and he's both a stud and a high character person. Ballard's kind of guy. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

I am just glad you did not go WR with No.13 because I do not believe it gives us good ROI in a deep WR class, IMO. 

I’m in total agreement with this statement. Be prepared to get nailed to the cross for sharing it.

5 minutes ago, Vexed said:

I’m in total agreement with this statement. Be prepared to get nailed to the cross for sharing it.

I elaborated it here:

https://forums.colts.com/topic/64414-2020-nfl-draft-simulated-mock-drafts-thread/?do=findComment&comment=1988974

https://forums.colts.com/topic/64414-2020-nfl-draft-simulated-mock-drafts-thread/?do=findComment&comment=1988999

I definitely like it!

I'm personally, for now, on team "Anthony Gordon at No.44". I'm not really a fan of Aijuk at 34 though, but we all have guys we like or don't like. Honestly pick 34 is the biggest enigma for me. When looking at prospect rankings I'm often left feeling underwhelmed with who shows up there. My hope would be someone surprising Falls to us, but that doesn't really make for a realistic mock, so I'll have to stay tuned this off-season to see who seems worthy.

I like your picks.  I am one of the few that hopes he goes Kinlaw or Brown with the 1st pick.  Pick up a decent RT with the 2A pick and get another good 3T DT with the 2b pick.  Keep building the trenches especially with the uncertainty of AC.  Try to get a good QB and WR with our 3rd and 4th.  Maybe CB can work some magic in the mid rounds.

18 minutes ago, bigt said:

I like your picks.  I am one of the few that hopes he goes Kinlaw or Brown with the 1st pick.  Pick up a decent RT with the 2A pick and get another good 3T DT with the 2b pick.  Keep building the trenches especially with the uncertainty of AC.  Try to get a good QB and WR with our 3rd and 4th.  Maybe CB can work some magic in the mid rounds.

Our Future kind of depends on this draft and Free Agency class.

1 hour ago, funktacious2 said:

I definitely like it!

I'm personally, for now, on team "Anthony Gordon at No.44". I'm not really a fan of Aijuk at 34 though, but we all have guys we like or don't like. Honestly pick 34 is the biggest enigma for me. When looking at prospect rankings I'm often left feeling underwhelmed with who shows up there. My hope would be someone surprising Falls to us, but that doesn't really make for a realistic mock, so I'll have to stay tuned this off-season to see who seems worthy.

What don't you like about Aiyuk?

He had 1192 yds as a WR, 446 yds as a KR, and 226 yds as a PR. He has great speed and if i remember correctly he was the #1 Post-route WR in college football.

I honestly don't think he will even be available at #34

Draftek has Aiyuk at 90 on its big board.  May be able to get him in the 3rd.  There is a lot of big and tall WRs that can be had in the 4th round on down.  They just need to have good hands so the can catch JBs fastballs.

4 hours ago, GoColts00 said:

What don't you like about Aiyuk?

He had 1192 yds as a WR, 446 yds as a KR, and 226 yds as a PR. He has great speed and if i remember correctly he was the #1 Post-route WR in college football.

I honestly don't think he will even be available at #34

I just clarify it's not just him, it's also where he's drafted. And as I said, what to do at pick 34 is a mystery to me so maybe someone like him is the right choice, afterall. I would concede that this early I don't have much to go off of. The bits I had seen of him I was concerned about some body catches and thought he didn't look explosive. His balance looked insane though iirc, definitely can slide out of a tackle. I also try to give players projected in the top 3 round a good look at some point especially if they are in a position of need, so I'm sure I'll watch some play by play stuff on him and may feel different. I think he's great, don't get me wrong, but I like someone like KJ Hill or Donovan Peoples-Jones just as much and they are going in the late second not late 1st/early second. Just my 2 cents.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, funktacious2 said:

I just clarify it's not just him, it's also where he's drafted. And as I said, what to do at pick 34 is a mystery to me so maybe someone like him is the right choice, afterall. I would concede that this early I don't have much to go off of. The bits I had seen of him I was concerned about some body catches and thought he didn't look explosive. His balance looked insane though iirc, definitely can slide out of a tackle. I also try to give players projected in the top 3 round a good look at some point especially if they are in a position of need, so I'm sure I'll watch some play by play stuff on him and may feel different. I think he's great, don't get me wrong, but I like someone like KJ Hill or Donovan Peoples-Jones just as much and they are going in the late second not late 1st/early second. Just my 2 cents.

I was just curious what your thoughts were. Everyone on this forum wants the Colts to be the best (except for the trolls) and no one agrees 100% with everyone else, so like i said I was just wondering.

I know KJ's name but I would need to look into him more. DPJ i have watched ever since he chose to go to Michigan. I really wish Harbaugh would've run a better Offense. DPJ has some talent but I think he was under-utilized. He may end up being a much better NFL player than college just by what NFL team he goes to.

• Like 1