Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
BProland85

Bproland's Mock Draft (Post Conference Championship Games)

Ballard waits to get his guy at QB in the 2021 NFL Draft in this mock. There's a chance he may want to give Brissett one more year with healthy and talented playmakers around him at WR to see what he can do. 

Round 1 Pick 13: Derrick Brown, DT, Auburn 
Round 2 Pick 2: Henry Ruggs, WR, Alabama 
Round 2 Pick 13: Mekhi Becton, OT, Louisville 
Round 3 Pick 13: Cam Akers, RB, Florida State 
Round 4 Pick 13: Antonio Gandy-Golden, WR, Liberty
Round 5 Pick 12: Logan Stenberg, OG, Kentucky 
Round 6 Pick 11: Alton Robinson, DE, Syracuse 
Round 6 Pick 13: Amik Robertson, CB, Louisiana Tech 
Round 7 Pick 13: Nigel Warrior, FS/SS, Tennessee 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Ballard waits to get his guy at QB in the 2021 NFL Draft in this mock. There's a chance he may want to give Brissett one more year with healthy and talented playmakers around him at WR to see what he can do. 

Round 1 Pick 13: Derrick Brown, DT, Auburn 
Round 2 Pick 2: Henry Ruggs, WR, Alabama 
Round 2 Pick 13: Mekhi Becton, OT, Louisville 
Round 3 Pick 13: Cam Akers, RB, Florida State 
Round 4 Pick 13: Antonio Gandy-Golden, WR, Liberty
Round 5 Pick 12: Logan Stenberg, OG, Kentucky 
Round 6 Pick 11: Alton Robinson, DE, Syracuse 
Round 6 Pick 13: Amik Robertson, CB, Louisiana Tech 
Round 7 Pick 13: Nigel Warrior, FS/SS, Tennessee 

I like this :applause:

Swap Brown for Kinlaw because I highly doubt brown makes it out of the top 6. I would also pick nearly any other position outside of linebacker to take in the 3rd round. Way to high for a position group where all 4 backs on the roster have contributed heavily to our top 10 rushing attack. I am glad to see you on the Gandy-Golden train though!

• Thanks 2

Some great picks. Brown is a stud

i fear he will be picked already 

I also agree that we need a QB, even if it’s 2nd or 3rd round

With the 2021 draft disclaimer, this would be one heck of a draft.

Very good chance Anthony Gordon may be available at No.44 though, I don't see a downside to drafting one in Round 2 at least.

So my problem whenever people say “wait until next year to grab a QB”, is that it doesn’t make any sense. Too much uncertainty. Who are we waiting for? Trevor Lawrence? In all likelihood he’ll be the 1st overall pick. Justin Fields? Likely goes somewhere in the top 5. Unless you want the Colts to tank (which they never would) then it doesn’t make sense for them to wait for QBs they might not get next year.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Defjamz26 said:

So my problem whenever people say “wait until next year to grab a QB”, is that it doesn’t make any sense. Too much uncertainty. Who are we waiting for? Trevor Lawrence? In all likelihood he’ll be the 1st overall pick. Justin Fields? Likely goes somewhere in the top 5. Unless you want the Colts to tank (which they never would) then it doesn’t make sense for them to wait for QBs they might not get next year.

Agreed.    

There ARE some nice prospects at QB that can be had later

They might work out.   Or not

You have to play the QB lottery to have a chance to win

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

Agreed.    

There ARE some nice prospects at QB that can be had later

They might work out.   Or not

You have to play the QB lottery to have a chance to win

And I think this year is the year to play. We have a pick at #13 and at pick at #34 that you can package to move up if needed. Now is the perfect time for the Colts to take a swing.

44 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

I doubt our kicking and injury woes (knock on wood) would be the same next year, and we may or may not pick in the Top 15 again. I believe the talent assembled right now plus new talent added will put us in the 20s at least next year, so make hay while the sun shines.

Having said that - Ballard has had the fortune of picking in the Top 15 3 times in 4 years (including upcoming draft) and has Malik Hooker and Quenton Nelson to show for it, a mixed bag for now.

It makes sense if Ballard thinks the quarterbacks available would be a reach at 13.

It makes sense if we could waste our top pick on someone no better than Brissett.

It makes sense because we need a defensive tackle.