• ISAIAH HODGINS Oregon 6'4 210
    • COLLIN JOHNSON Texas 6'6 220
    • TYLER JOHNSON Minnesota 6'2 205
    • BRYAN EDWARDS SC 6'3 215
    • ANTONIO GANDY-GOLDEN Liberty 6'4 220
    • GABRIEL DAVIS UCF 6'3 212
    • CHASE CLAYPOOL ND 6'4 229
    • KENDRICK ROGERS Texas A&M 6'4 204

Now this is a thread I will love to keep tabs on! I'm already opting out of the idea of taking a WR at 13 even if Lamb or Juedy is there. There looks like a TON of talent to be nabbed between our 34th pick until our 4th rounder. As of now I really like KJ Hill, Peoples-Jones, Pittman, and Gandy-Golden. All will probably be available by our 44th pick, some may last much longer.

And those are names were just my favorite. Aiyuk and Tyler Johnson look pretty good too. Lots of value this year at WR. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, funktacious2 said:

Now this is a thread I will love to keep tabs on! I'm already opting out of the idea of taking a WR at 13 even if Lamb or Juedy is there. There looks like a TON of talent to be nabbed between our 34th pick until our 4th rounder. As of now I really like KJ Hill, Peoples-Jones, Pittman, and Gandy-Golden. All will probably be available by our 44th pick, some may last much longer.

And those are names were just my favorite. Aiyuk and Tyler Johnson look pretty good too. Lots of value this year at WR. 

Thanks for bumping it up! I really need some more votes to separate the pack lol

• Like 1

WRs that consistently catch the ball when it's thrown to them tend to be my favorites. The 2 WRs with the highest catch % were in the Senior Bowl.

1) Michael Pittman Jr -85% c.r.

- didn't do much in SB, but did well in the regular season. Blanketed in bowl game vs Iowa; Biletnikoff Finalist

2) Devin Duvernay - 83% c.r.

- couple of nice catches in SB. Has the build of a RB, but with WR speed (ran a 10.27 100-meter. For comparison Tyreek Hill ran a 10.19)

I've looked into Brandon Aiyuk as well. He can do WR/KR/PR really well!

All 3 of these WRs would do well on the Colts.

Pittman has height and great hands.

Duvernay has great speed and great hands.

Aiyuk has great speed and can be a 'swiss-army-knife' player.

13 minutes ago, GoColts00 said:

WRs that consistently catch the ball when it's thrown to them tend to be my favorites. The 2 WRs with the highest catch % were in the Senior Bowl.

1) Michael Pittman Jr -85% c.r.

- didn't do much in SB, but did well in the regular season. Blanketed in bowl game vs Iowa; Biletnikoff Finalist

2) Devin Duvernay - 83% c.r.

- couple of nice catches in SB. Has the build of a RB, but with WR speed (ran a 10.27 100-meter. For comparison Tyreek Hill ran a 10.19)

I've looked into Brandon Aiyuk as well. He can do WR/KR/PR really well!

All 3 of these WRs would do well on the Colts.

Pittman has height and great hands.

Duvernay has great speed and great hands.

Aiyuk has great speed and can be a 'swiss-army-knife' player.

I think the WR strategy will largely be impacted by QB strategy. If they stick with JB, we'll go possession WR (X or big slot). Deep/speed threats aren't likely to get a lot of use with JB. If we intend to draft a QB, I think you'll see us go Z or speed/slot assuming we bring back Funch. My preference would be to draft a QB, and get both (big X and speed/deep threat). There will plenty of quality quality guys still in the mid and late rounds to pick up some steals. The WR crop is crazy deep. 

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

I think the WR strategy will largely be impacted by QB strategy. If they stick with JB, we'll go possession WR (X or big slot). Deep/speed threats aren't likely to get a lot of use with JB. If we intend to draft a QB, I think you'll see us go Z or speed/slot assuming we bring back Funch. My preference would be to draft a QB, and get both (big X and speed/deep threat). There will plenty of quality quality guys still in the mid and late rounds to pick up some steals. The WR crop is crazy deep. 

Duvernay is a Slot WR with great speed. The Colts could move Parris Campbell outside. 

Make no mistake JB can overthrow WRs downfield with his arm...

Aiyuk would replace Chester Rogers and do both KR & PR at first before becoming more involved as a WR.

Receiving TEs usually create a mismatch which is why Reich employs them in the game plan. A tall WR like Pittman Jr can be used in a similar way.

21 minutes ago, GoColts00 said:

Duvernay is a Slot WR with great speed. The Colts could move Parris Campbell outside. 

Make no mistake JB can overthrow WRs downfield with his arm...

Aiyuk would replace Chester Rogers and do both KR & PR at first before becoming more involved as a WR.

Receiving TEs usually create a mismatch which is why Reich employs them in the game plan. A tall WR like Pittman Jr can be used in a similar way.

Having a strong arm doesn't always equate to good downfield passing like we saw this last year.

JB's inability to throw to the seam also negates a lot of the slot game, as well as TE.

I like Aiyuk. Pittman is fine, but I'd prefer Claypool, who has even more size.

I also prefer to utilize a detached/receiving TE too, but unfortunately utilization dropped off this last year. Likely due to a mix of JB's long time-to-throw and inability to hit the seam.

I did a thread a month ago which lined out CBS's big board, and where they would fall out position wise. Linked it below if interested.

• Like 1