Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
WarGhost21

Jacoby Brissett Impressions (Perma Merge)

25 minutes ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

I can say for a fact, that wasn't me.  I would never compare him to Mahomes.

Mahomes is the best QB in the league right now.

Just an FYI earlier in the season I was a believer in Brissett and as the losing started to happen I honestly thought we just needed to retool with better weapons but the more several posters pointed to his mechanic issues I understood why we still need a QB upgrade. Wentz had the same issues during the whole season but with injuries to his oline and his production was still great. At least you weren’t like a poster that was saying JB is a top 10 qb 

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

All this hate for Brissett is coming from fans who think they know better than the GM and coaches.

Brissett will get his chance to still be the starter for the Colts in training camp and pre season. I am not going to rag on him at this time because there are too many variables to consider. 

I do think Ballard will bring in a veteran QB or draft another QB. 

I don't have a clue on what the outcome will be but I am not joining the ranks of those who think he is no good like so many think. 

The NFL has a long history of QBs who became very good QBs later in their careers. 

This non stop whining and b****ing stuff is getting old. 

Thank you. This is accurate and reasonable.

• Like 1

Here IMO would be an accurate post:

1. JB was above average the 1st half of the season, he was below average the last half of the season. = out to an average QB. When he started and finished games, his record was 7-7 = average. 

2. His TD/INT ratio was good, his yards passing per game was bad.

3. I would say 90% of the forum including myself doesn't think JB is the answer to win a SB at QB.

4. I would say 10% of the forum think JB is the answer to win a SB at QB. So the measly 10% that do, why bash their opinion? 

5. 90% of the forum wants to draft a QB either in round 1 or 2.

6. The people that continually bash JB on a daily basis are starting to look immature and silly. We already know your stance and most of us agree we need another QB but the continual bashing of this guy saying he sucks is just old and worn out. He doesn't suck, he is average.

Just my :2c:

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

In my best Ben Stein voice, "*Sigh*  Offseason can't come soon enough..."

In my best Homer Simpson voice and I can do good one, so I have been told "DOH" angry homer simpson GIF

37 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

1. JB was above average the 1st half of the season, he was below average the last half of the season. = out to an average QB. When he started and finished games, his record was 7-7 = average. 

3. I would say 90% of the forum including myself doesn't think JB is the answer to win a SB at QB.

4. I would say 10% of the forum think JB is the answer to win a SB at QB. So the measly 10% that do, why bash their opinion? 

6. The people that continually bash JB on a daily basis are starting to look immature and silly. We already know your stance and most of us agree we need another QB but the continual bashing of this guy saying he sucks is just old and worn out. He doesn't suck, he is average.

I would add one change.  I am part of the 10% that thinks he can improve and be a solid NFL starter for us.  I would also say that i believe that it is closer to 15-20% that are in that group. 

The Non JB is just way louder, lol.

11 minutes ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

I would add one change.  I am part of the 10% that thinks he can improve and be a solid NFL starter for us.  I would also say that i believe that it is closer to 15-20% that are in that group. 

I still believe if JB/Colts can get a better defense and have a healthy TY Hilton he could win 10 games. Our run game is solid is why and our O.Line is great. I am just not sold on him being the answer to winning the SB though. Sorry. Tannehill as well as he played couldn't get it done once the Titans ran up against a QB like Mahomes. They had a great run game and a solid defense. Don't get me wrong, I would take the season the Titans had anyday but they still didn't get to the SB.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

I feel that Jacoby could be a solid starter. Of course I want better play from the QB of the Colts. However, the assumption that anyone would be better, is not accurate. Each time the Colts trade or cut someone, it changes the locker room. As Ballard said, that locker room is watching. Ballard has to walk a fine line between accountability of his players, support of those players, and to not let loyalty interfere with his roster building. 

• Like 1

Like it or not, there’s a chance JB will be starting again next year. Not only that, but it looks like the amount of teams searching for QBs will be growing. How badly will teams ahead of us reach for “that guy”? I could see a scenario where we don’t even draft a QB.

What then? Bridgewater? 

55 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

What then? Bridgewater?

The only QB that could become available and be a sure upgrade, would be Carr. I don't think he would be worth the price of his dance card. 

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

2006, you and I are generally not far apart. But I disagree with your point 4&6. For example, in this tread very little has been JB bashing. What is maddening and I am starting to feel is very intentional is the threads people throw out just to start an argument. The title is JB=Garapalo is in my opinion is so out of the blue ridiculous that it was only intended to rile people up. In a way I feel by addressing this is defending JB from unfair comparisons rather than bashing. If some are offended than quit posting  crap that is not so insightful.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

2006, you and I are generally not far apart. But I disagree with your point 4&6. For example, in this tread very little has been JB bashing. What is maddening and I am starting to feel is very intentional is the threads people throw out just to start an argument. The title is JB=Garapalo is in my opinion is so out of the blue ridiculous that it was only intended to rile people up. In a way I feel by addressing this is defending JB from unfair comparisons rather than bashing. If some are offended than quit posting  crap that is not so insightful.

We aren't far apart here, you agree with me on 4 points. Actually saying Jimmy G is better than JB isn't a bash, it is true. I am just talking about some of the other threads where people say JB sucks and just go on and on about it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

My views on those points. 

Disagree. He was below average first half of the season and he was rock bottom the second half. For whatever it's worth I think his injury probably impacted his mechanics and accuracy in the second half so he might be closer to the QB from the first half of the season. Still not good enough.

Agree. Those stats were not what I've had most issues with. His stats overstate his play because of very favorable playcalling in the first half of the season when he amassed a ton of TDs from within 5 yards of the endzone. Which is valuable and not something to be easily discarded, but also not something sustainable... which... got shown off in the second half of the season. 

This would be an interesting poll to run. I've been seeing more and more people entertaining  bargain bin future QBs which IMO points to them not taking the task of finding the future QB seriously enough and possibly having some hopes about Jacoby. It's possible the % of people willing to give JB another shot might be higher than 10%.

What do you consider "bashing JB"? I don't see many posts that I would consider bashing Brissett. I agree he doesn't suck, but I also don't think he's average. 

Cheers :cheers:

• Like 3

6 hours ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

Then he gets hurt, alot of playmakers get hurt and he shows regression, then he is the worst QB in the history of the NFL.

Hurt people hurt people

pff ranked him well below average fwiw, so does every other site i have found on the internet

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"He was below average first half of the season and he was rock bottom the second half."

Was there a worse starting QB in the back half? Trubisky? The Lions backups? 

I don't get it, he looked like Curtis Painter by the end of the year and this thread is plenty full of people accusing me and 4 others of being loud about this, while a great many are fine with staying this course- more than 4, while there's plenty of other options in FA, most of which would be an upgrade- especially if "the jury is still out on JB" and he has ONE more year on his deal.

I really think some of the "JB is the guy and the complaining is just toooo much" crowd should go watch some JB tape again.

5 hours ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

I know this is one person but thought I would put this up.  It seems that the national media is very divided on if JB is the guy going forward or if he is replaced this next year.

https://clutchpoints.com/grading-the-2019-nfl-season-for-colts-qb-jacoby-brissett/

There is no new insight or analysis here. This is just most of the same old media driven Jacoby excuse talking points relisted. 

On 1/20/2020 at 6:50 PM, stitches said:

My views on those points. 

Disagree. He was below average first half of the season and he was rock bottom the second half. For whatever it's worth I think his injury probably impacted his mechanics and accuracy in the second half so he might be closer to the QB from the first half of the season. Still not good enough.

Agree. Those stats were not what I've had most issues with. His stats overstate his play because of very favorable playcalling in the first half of the season when he amassed a ton of TDs from within 5 yards of the endzone. Which is valuable and not something to be easily discarded, but also not something sustainable... which... got shown off in the second half of the season. 

This would be an interesting poll to run. I've been seeing more and more people entertaining  bargain bin future QBs which IMO points to them not taking the task of finding the future QB seriously enough and possibly having some hopes about Jacoby. It's possible the % of people willing to give JB another shot might be higher than 10%.

What do you consider "bashing JB"? I don't see many posts that I would consider bashing Brissett. I agree he doesn't suck, but I also don't think he's average. 

Cheers :cheers:

The 1st half of the season he wasn't below average. His TD/INT ratio was good and he also did have 2 300 yard passing games in that stretch. We were also 5-2. When he and the team plays well, some do not even give JB credit. I call it like I see it, I don't say a player is below average because I do not like them. If his 1st 7 games were "below average" I will take that all day then with the run game and Line we have.

I consider bashing when posters just post stuff like JB sucks everyday just to be posting it. Everyone in here knows everyone stance by now that are here daily. After a while it is just trolling IMO. Some in here say they are tired of people defending JB so it goes both ways. The people that have defended him have been a small amount and those people are usually on here saying he doesn't suck. There is a large amount of people that say he sucks so it's old news to me.

I am not sure why some people in here keep saying some in here have said JB is a franchise QB or they have said he is better than Luck. I haven't seen 1 person say that and I am here a lot, news to me.  Just because someone doesn't think he sucks doesn't mean they think he is a franchise QB or a huge fan of his. How hard is that for some to understand?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The 1st half of the season he wasn't below average. His TD/INT ratio was good and he also did have 2 300 yard passing games in that stretch. We were also 5-2. When he and the team plays well, some do not even give JB credit. I call it like I see it, I don't say a player is below average because I do not like them. If his 1st 7 games were "below average" I will take that all day then with the run game and Line we have.

I consider bashing when posters just post stuff like JB sucks everyday just to be posting it. Everyone in here knows everyone stance by now that are here daily. After a while it is just trolling IMO. Some in here say they are tired of people defending JB so it goes both ways. The people that have defended him have been a small amount and those people are usually on here saying he doesn't suck. There is a large amount of people that say he sucks so it's old news to me.

I am not sure why some people in here keep saying some in here have said JB is a franchise QB or they have said he is better than Luck. I haven't seen 1 person say that and I am here a lot, news to me.  Just because someone doesn't think he sucks doesn't mean they think he is a franchise QB or a huge fan of his. How hard is that for some to understand?

I blame 99% of this whole QB issue on the guys running this team.  

I don't buy the story that Luck dropped the retirement bombshell 2 weeks before opening day,   I think Ballard knew this was a possibility much earlier.  I also think this whole secrecy thing with Chad Kelly, waiver wire, no takers, resign, make him the highest practice player in the league, but refuse to let him take game snaps?  And then we sign Hoyer for 12 mil.  Makes zero sense to me, it's like a dog chasing it's tail.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

https://clutchpoints.com/colts-why-giving-jacoby-brissett-would-huge-mistake/

interesting read about Jacoby and possibly giving up on him to early. 

I have a feeling that Ballard will roll with Brissett next year. 

I know it's not a popular opinion but it is what it is. 

There could be a QB that comes out of the combine he may be interested in a later round, we shall see I guess. 

6 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I have a feeling that Ballard will roll with Brissett next year. 

I know it's not a popular opinion but it is what it is. 

There could be a QB that comes out of the combine he may be interested in a later round, we shall see I guess. 

My feeling is I have no clue. Lol. 

I have had the feeling that Ballard is gonna get more depth and more weapons for JB and take a QB in like round 2-3. 

BUT....

Then I see the Senior bowl and see Reich and Dodd front and center watching watching Love, Herbert and Hurts. 

I just don’t know. I truly think they are looking hard a QB to decide if they wanna take one at 13 or not. If not then it will be round 2-3 and they will roll with JB. 

18 minutes ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

My feeling is I have no clue. Lol. 

I have had the feeling that Ballard is gonna get more depth and more weapons for JB and take a QB in like round 2-3. 

BUT....

Then I see the Senior bowl and see Reich and Dodd front and center watching watching Love, Herbert and Hurts. 

I just don’t know. I truly think they are looking hard a QB to decide if they wanna take one at 13 or not. If not then it will be round 2-3 and they will roll with JB. 

I also don't have a clue.

At this point all we have heard is standard GM speak. I don't read too much into what he has said. 

In reality how the draft folds out is what will dictate what he does. He may go a total different direction than what fans think? :dunno:

1 hour ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

I don't think they are solely looking at QBs at the Senior Bowl.  I'm sure they are looking at every player/position the Colts might be interested in, which probably includes every player there.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dogg63 said:

I don't think they are solely looking at QBs at the Senior Bowl.  I'm sure they are looking at every player/position the Colts might be interested in, which probably includes every player there.

True.

Even the bowl games they were not at I am sure a scout from the Colts was. 

Add all the film they have this draft crew is super busy right now. 

On 1/20/2020 at 4:39 PM, Four2itus said:

However, the assumption that anyone would be better, is not accurate.

i have not seen one person on here say just anyone would be better, thats pretty ridiculous.  pff had him 28th in the league thats better than most people in the world, but i dont think its the best we can do   

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

i have not seen one person on here say just anyone would be better, thats pretty ridiculous.  pff had him 28th in the league thats better than most people in the world, but i dont think its the best we can do   

After reading post after post and numerous QB threads,  I still stick with my 90% of people in here want JB gone and if we take a QB at #13 no matter who it is those people will be happy. I would like to see us draft another QB as well but not reach and be wrong. JB can win games if he has a healthy WR core and we even draft a WR that pans out for a change. We have the O.Line and run game to help him. I wouldn't think that about JB but I seen what he did during that 5-2 stretch to know enough he doesn't suck like Painters and Tolziens of the world.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

After reading post after post and numerous QB threads,  I still stick with my 90% of people in here want JB gone and if we take a QB at #13 no matter who it is those people will be happy. 

there are a lot of QBs in the draft, i think everyone has their favorite and that makes it look like we all think just anyone would be better 

personally i like tua the best.  maybe he wont play until hes 40 but i would be fine with 30+, its not like we are using the #1 overall this time.    hes as committed to football as anyone 

1 minute ago, aaron11 said:

there are a lot of QBs in the draft, i think everyone has their favorite and that makes it look like we all think just anyone would be better 

personally i like tua the best.  maybe he wont play until hes 40 but i would be fine with 30+, its not like we are using the #1 overall this time.    hes as committed to football as anyone 

Tua scares me because a hip injury is no joke. He also has had other injuries. I wish I could meet these guys in person so I can interview them, that will be a huge part of it. That would give me a better feel on these guys coming out. That is what Ballard is for though right and he is a good GM. On talent alone I still like Jordan Love from what I have seen on film.

if tua, love and herbert are gone then i wouldnt want just anyone at 13

id rather they move up and get one but if they dont no one else is worth taking there imo 

Forgive me if somebody already posted this thought, but I didn't have the patience to read through all 63 pages in this thread.

While thinking about potential free agents we could pursue, I was hit suddenly with this thought:

Eric Ebron signed with the Colts because he thought he would be playing with Andrew Luck, and would be catching a lot of balls, and getting good stats, and making bonus money based on those stats.  Luck is no longer with the team, and Ebron no longer wants to be part of it.

We want to re-sign Devin Funchess.  But, what if he doesn't want to sign?  What if he thinks that, with JB at quarterback, he won't catch a lot of balls, not make a lot of stats, and not make any bonus money?

What if we want to pursue a free agent like Amari Cooper?  But, he wouldn't want to sign with us because JB would be throwing the ball, and he won't get any stats?

The idea hit me -- What if JB affects the team, not only by number of yards he throws and touchdowns he throws, but by affecting the attitudes and desires of free agents that we would either want to retain or obtain?

• Like 3

ballard may go with jb if he cant sign a proven talent. if ballard is as good as this forum thinks he is , he will find a way to improve the position without reaching for a qb in this years weak draft class, he and the coach may design plays to improve jbs results or bring in talent to take advantage of jbs short passing game or both

• Like 1

11 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

Forgive me if somebody already posted this thought, but I didn't have the patience to read through all 63 pages in this thread.

While thinking about potential free agents we could pursue, I was hit suddenly with this thought:

Eric Ebron signed with the Colts because he thought he would be playing with Andrew Luck, and would be catching a lot of balls, and getting good stats, and making bonus money based on those stats.  Luck is no longer with the team, and Ebron no longer wants to be part of it.

We want to re-sign Devin Funchess.  But, what if he doesn't want to sign?  What if he thinks that, with JB at quarterback, he won't catch a lot of balls, not make a lot of stats, and not make any bonus money?

What if we want to pursue a free agent like Amari Cooper?  But, he wouldn't want to sign with us because JB would be throwing the ball, and he won't get any stats?

The idea hit me -- What if JB affects the team, not only by number of yards he throws and touchdowns he throws, but by affecting the attitudes and desires of free agents that we would either want to retain or obtain?

I agree, sadly, that is what professional sports has become.  It's all about the money.  I'm am on record being unimpressed with JB, and am highly doubtful, he somehow makes a miraculous improvement in his QB skills this offseason.

But if we start bringing FA's in, who are more interested in THEIR stats, and how much money they can make aka Ebron, then contributing to the team, then we are just digging ourselves a deeper hole.  You either want to be a Colt or you don't.

This thread is about JB impressions now, not in the past. Also, please try to avoid reacting to posts about JB in the past.  Neither makes for a civil thread.

So, I've removed posts that did the above

On 1/25/2020 at 9:22 AM, John Hammonds said:

Players have always signed with teams that have sucked at QB. Look at the players that have signed with Browns, Bears, Jaguars, etc...

1 hour ago, Nadine said:

This thread is about JB impressions now, not in the past. Also, please try to avoid reacting to posts about JB in the past.  Neither makes for a civil thread.

So, I've removed posts that did the above

How can you make a JB impression now that isn't based on the past?

54 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

How can you make a JB impression now that isn't based on the past?

Lets say for now that his senior bowl is not current

Does that help?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

Players have always signed with teams that have sucked at QB. Look at the players that have signed with Browns, Bears, Jaguars, etc...

i think receivers and running backs tend to care a lot more than the rest.  receivers especially depend on QBs to earn a big contract for themselves 

there were quite a few free agents, (even defenders) that said they wanted to play with andrew luck.  some of them did come here like andre Johnson and DQ Jackson and some didnt like leveon bell

I would agree with that.  The players that tend to pick for a QB are the receivers and the Tight ends.  Rightfully so, because they are dependent on a QB to get them the ball.  But in the end, alot of players go where they can or where they can get paid.

Look over some of the big time free agents over the last few years.

Ebron- Signed with colts to play with Luck

2017- Jeremy Maclin- Signed with Baltimore- Joe Flacco (Not Lamar)

2017 Pierre Garcon- Signed with 49ers- QB was CJ Bethard (traded for Jimmy G that year)

2017 Kenny Stills- Signed with Dolphins- Ryan Tannehill

2018 Allen Robinson- Signed with Bears- Mitch Trubisky

there are many more like those, players go where they want to go.  Sometimes QB matters, but sometimes it doesn't.