Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jacoby Brissett Impressions (Perma Merge)

WarGhost21

3 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

There is a lot of media speculating once this season is over its going to come out that Jacoby might need surgery on his knee or it’s hurt much worse then it’s been lead to believe.  Going to be interesting if that comes out. There really is no explanation why his accuracy dropped 6% after that Steelers game.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He clearly hasn't been 100% since his injury. I am whispering this toward you because if we say it loud the JB haters will say we are using it as an excuse lmao . There are a lot of people here that have no patience at all with him and want him gone after only being in Reich's system for 1 year. There is even a thread that wants Reich gone after 2 years of coaching and is preaching for Marvin Lewis. That is just too funny. I do think we need to draft a QB though just simply because JB is our best QB on the roster right now. Maybe the guy we draft will be better so I am open minded.

Both Reich and JB have been clear that he's 100%. So either they are telling the truth, or they are lying. There's no in-between. And if they are lying, especially Reich, then we can now question so many other things the FO has said.

The Marvin Lewis thread was a turd and about as detached from reality as could be. I'm not a worshiper of Reich or Ballard, but definitely not ready to part with them. I think we would have been a one or two loss team had Luck stayed, and fighting for the AFC lead.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Both Reich and JB have been clear that he's 100%. So either they are telling the truth, or they are lying. There's no in-between. And if they are lying, especially Reich, then we can now question so many other things the FO has said.

The Marvin Lewis thread was a turd and about as detached from reality as could be. I'm not a worshiper of Reich or Ballard, but definitely not ready to part with them. I think we would have been a one or two loss team had Luck stayed, and fighting for the AFC lead.

I seen JB grab his knee in pain after a sack he took vs Tennessee, I knew then he wasn't 100%. He got up and played it off.  JB wants to play so he is going to say he is 100%. To Chloe's point, do not be surprised if JB has surgery when the season ends. I wouldn't be at all.

11 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Adam also said he was healthy. I think he has healed most likely. I just think there is a possibility his mechanics suffered after having the injury. Sirriani even hinted at that today and how Brady has been working hard with him on that.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I seen JB grab his knee in pain after a sack he took vs Tennessee, I knew then he wasn't 100%. He got up and played it off.  JB wants to play so he is going to say he is 100%. To Chloe's point, do not be surprised if JB has surgery when the season ends. I wouldn't be at all.

I am not sure that injury would require surgery but I can imagine it probably needs a lot of rest.  He has grabbed his knee several times since coming back. Not even sure it is a excuse but it certainly could be the reason his accuracy has dropped 6% since then. 

39 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

So you are saying that FR and FO is lying. Let's not pretend that FR and the staff would not see through a guy wanting to play. If you think he's in pain, or not as mobile, the coaches and training team sees him daily.... 

Not buying it. If he does have surgery, I'm losing all respect for the FO. It would basically confirm the earlier suspicions that they were willing to not tell the whole truth about another guys injuries... 

32 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

So you are saying that FR and FO is lying. Let's not pretend that FR and the staff would not see through a guy wanting to play. If you think he's in pain, or not as mobile, the coaches and training team sees him daily.... 

Not buying it. If he does have surgery, I'm losing all respect for the FO. It would basically confirm the earlier suspicions that they were willing to not tell the whole truth about another guys injuries... 

It happens a lot in sports, I am not really calling anyone a liar (it isn't about that) but just like with Kevin Durant. Do you think Steve Kerr and their FO was lying when they said Durant was ok to play in game 5 before he blew out his achilles. Durant said he was fine to go just like JB said he was. After the fact it was clear Durant wasn't. So I guess they could be consider liar's? It is just my opinion that JB isn't 100% but even at 75%, Reich probably thinks he gives us the best chance to win. I have seen several plays where JB has been limping around and he grabbed his knee vs Tennessee after that 1 sack.

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It happens a lot in sports, I am not really calling anyone a liar (it isn't about that) but just like with Kevin Durant. Do you think Steve Kerr and their FO was lying when they said Durant was ok to play in game 5 before he blew out his achilles. Durant said he was fine to go just like JB said he was. After the fact it was clear Durant wasn't. So I guess they could be consider liar's? It is just my opinion that JB isn't 100% but even at 75%, Reich probably thinks he gives us the best chance to win. I have seen several plays where JB has been limping around and he grabbed his knee vs Tennessee after that 1 sack.

The Durant situation is different IMO. IIRC all the scans, etc. came back good. Anyway, I don't care about Durant or their team. I care about the trust factor with the Indy FO... 

And.. JB said he was 100%. FR said similar. And a lie is a lie. I can understand the the player saying "it wasn't a factor" and taking the blame, but when they say "I was a 100%", that's very different. And honestly even if he was a little hobbled, you don't miss guys as bad as he did vs the Saints. Sometimes bad is just bad.

54 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

At this point I’ll be surprised if they don’t say he was playing hurt after the season, or even needs surgery. Mostly because I doubt he’s 100% (not that it excuses his play)...but also because they’ll want to, for lack of a better word, excuse his poor performance recently.

He’s practicing so I guess they don’t technically have to list him, and they could pass off not saying anything as not wanting to tip the opposing teams off by saying, at least in their minds. But yeah, it wont surprise me if they’re not being completely truthful right now.

2 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

At this point I’ll be surprised if they don’t say he was playing hurt after the season, or even needs surgery. Mostly because I doubt he’s 100% (not that it completely excuses his play)...but also because they’ll want to, for lack of a better word, excuse his poor performance recently.

He’s practicing so they don’t technically have to list him, and they could pass it off as not wanting to tip the opposing teams off by saying he’s hurt, or whatever. But yeah, I don’t think they’re being completely truthful right now.

He looked pretty OK on that 7 yard first down run. I mean, he's not the fasted anyway, but didn't run hobbled or get up hobbled. I think folks are digging way to deep on reasons and trying to explain things. JB has simply been spotty all year. He had some pretty poor games (TN, OAK, and KC), but 2 were overlooked because they were wins. Now that he's playing bad in losses, I think some are grasping.

13 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

The Durant situation is different IMO. IIRC all the scans, etc. came back good. Anyway, I don't care about Durant or their team. I care about the trust factor with the Indy FO... 

And.. JB said he was 100%. FR said similar. And a lie is a lie. I can understand the the player saying "it wasn't a factor" and taking the blame, but when they say "I was a 100%", that's very different. And honestly even if he was a little hobbled, you don't miss guys as bad as he did vs the Saints. Sometimes bad is just bad.

If we really wanted to get technical I think every FO, Coach, QB lies at times on every team. Especially about a health of a player. None of them can be fully trusted. It isn't just us. I don't believe Luck was 100% vs KC last year but he said he was so technically I am calling Luck a liar :funny:. He looked like he was playing hurt to me but that is my opinion just by the way he was moving and throwing.

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

He looked pretty OK on that 7 yard first down run. I mean, he's not the fasted anyway, but didn't run hobbled or get up hobbled. I think folks are digging way to deep on reasons and trying to explain things. JB has simply been spotty all year. He had some pretty poor games (TN, OAK, and KC), but 2 were overlooked because they were wins. Now that he's playing bad in losses, I think some are grasping.

Yeah, I mean you know where I stand on JB. I agree with everything your saying about him overall in regards to his play. And to correct myself, I would actually be surprised if it’s bad enough that he needs surgery.

I don’t know, I’m just fully expecting them to say he wasn’t 100%. Then again, plenty of guys aren’t 100% at this point in the season. Like TY for instance. 

23 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If we really wanted to get technical I think every FO, Coach, QB lies at times on every team. Especially about a health of a player. None of them can be fully trusted. It isn't just us. I don't believe Luck was 100% vs KC last year but he said he was so technically I am calling Luck a liar :funny:. He looked like he was playing hurt to me but that is my opinion just by the way he was moving and throwing.

In short, if they say they are 100%, I'm less willing to hear the excuse narrative. 

I

14 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Yeah, I mean you know where I stand on JB. I agree with everything your saying about him overall in regards to his play. And to correct myself, I would actually be surprised if it’s bad enough that he needs surgery.

I don’t know, I’m just fully expecting them to say he wasn’t 100%. Then again, plenty of guys aren’t 100% at this point in the season. Like TY for instance. 

Yeah I know. Not sure they'll come back and say anything to be honest. And you're spot on, half the league is hobbled in one way or another this time of year.

An not buying the who surgery narrative. That's probably Chloe listening to shills like Holder that have been apologists all year long.

14 hours ago, EastStreet said:

So you are saying that FR and FO is lying.

Glad we understand each other

There isn't a franchise in all of football that would verbally write off their own starting QB in public, to the media, while games are still going on.  When the season is winding down the platitudes sstart flying left right and center and the scent of nonsense is usually on the wind if you know how to detect it.

You can't take a head coach's words at face value when directly evaluating the health or performance of an active player.  They're not gonna straight up throw any guy they might need later under the bus

If they're actively touting a player's health though that's usuauly a good sign that they themselves have some room for doubt on the subject.  You only know everything's really fine when they don't talk about it at all.

if a player's out there' grabbing his knee, wincing, and taking extra steps in an obvious effort to test how much weight he can put on it after nearly every play, I don't need to wait for the coach to blow smoke up my rectum to know that he's probably hurt.

1 hour ago, Imgrandojji said:

Glad we understand each other

There isn't a franchise in all of football that would verbally write off their own starting QB in public, to the media, while games are still going on.  When the season is winding down the platitudes sstart flying left right and center and the scent of nonsense is usually on the wind if you know how to detect it.

You can't take a head coach's words at face value when directly evaluating the health or performance of an active player.  They're not gonna straight up throw any guy they might need later under the bus

If they're actively touting a player's health though that's usuauly a good sign that they themselves have some room for doubt on the subject.  You only know everything's really fine when they don't talk about it at all.

if a player's out there' grabbing his knee, wincing, and taking extra steps in an obvious effort to test how much weight he can put on it after nearly every play, I don't need to wait for the coach to blow smoke up my rectum to know that he's probably hurt.

So in the same breath, we can also discount all the "JB is our guy" comments too.

17 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Why would they go out there and throw Jacoby under the bus when they have no clue what the options will be next year. Nobody knows who will be available in FA or when we draft.  Right now he is their guy because there are no other options out there right now.

Yep.  Even if we draft a guy there is literally zero guarantee he'll be good to go year 1 week 1.  

2 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

Yep.  Even if we draft a guy there is literally zero guarantee he'll be good to go year 1 week 1.  

We could even draft a guy like Love or Herbert and they may stink in the Pro's. I like both those QB's but the Pro game is way different compared to college. I am not getting my hopes up with whoever we draft. When we drafted Luck we knew we had something special, we have no idea with any of these guys coming out how good they will be.

On 12/19/2019 at 9:21 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It is just my opinion that JB isn't 100% but even at 75%, Reich probably thinks he gives us the best chance to win. 

Judging by the last 4 games, Brissett at 75% (if he is indeed hurting), gives us almost no chance of winning. 

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Hoyer at 100% gives us about the same shot at winning was my point and for some reason our FO doesn't want to play Kelly.

Unfortunately, you are right about Hoyer, and Kelly is an option they don’t want to explore. 

On 12/19/2019 at 8:49 PM, EastStreet said:

And i can see a knee being structurally fine but still have some soreness.
Soreness that some cleanup in the off season might be advised.
 You are uselessly beating this subject way beyond it's death. Bla bla bla!
I would say Ballard would have lost respect for you having read some of your posts. So what? 

1 hour ago, throwing BBZ said:

And i can see a knee being structurally fine but still have some soreness.
Soreness that some cleanup in the off season might be advised.
 You are uselessly beating this subject way beyond it's death. Bla bla bla!
I would say Ballard would have lost respect for you having read some of your posts. So what? 

I didn't bring it up. I'm simply countering the non-stop parade of unfounded or speculative excuses, which at least Reich and JB aren't using...  To me and many others, all that is bla bla bla

Point is, if they are lying (which I don't think they are), it lends credence to the previous narratives that FO held back info so as not to damage ticket sales.

On 12/19/2019 at 8:49 PM, EastStreet said:

If the FO does not have Brissett's permission do talk or speak a word about his injuries they can't. 

There are HIPPA laws in place. 

20 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

If the FO does not have Brissett's permission do talk or speak a word about his injuries they can't. 

There are HIPPA laws in place. 

There is a difference between not talking, and saying he's 100% and not an issue.

There are also rules around listing injuries on the weekly injury report based on participation.

On 12/19/2019 at 5:10 PM, Chloe6124 said:

And if they are lying, especially Reich, then we can now question so many other things the FO has said.

Are you really that naive to not know that all coaches and GM's downplay injuries to not give other teams info? Really? In addition, where is it stated that fans deserve to be privy to all sensitive information? Are you a fantasy player?

2 hours ago, EastStreet said:

There is a difference between not talking, and saying he's 100% and not an issue.

There are also rules around listing injuries on the weekly injury report based on participation.

Rules?

All the coaches can do is say they are doubtful or probable. They can not go into any detail about an injury. 

Anyone accusing a coach of lying really has no clue what is acceptable. 

7 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Rules?

All the coaches can do is say they are doubtful or probable. They can not go into any detail about an injury. 

Anyone accusing a coach of lying really has no clue what is acceptable. 

Yes, rules. Very specific rules.

https://operations.nfl.com/media/2683/2017-nfl-injury-report-policy.pdf

If he was "injured" as some speculate, it's very likely he would have been at least LP (rest/heal) by the definition of the rules.

I'm not saying their lying. I'm saying I doubt all the nonsense about injury being the cause of his woes. He had plenty of bad before them. 

Yes, rules. Very specific rules.

https://operations.nfl.com/media/2683/2017-nfl-injury-report-policy.pdf

If he was "injured" as some speculate, it's very likely he would have been at least LP (rest/heal) by the definition of the rules.

I'm not saying their lying. I'm saying I doubt all the nonsense about injury being the cause of his woes. He had plenty of bad before them. 

All the policy covers is about a players availability. That's all. 

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

All the policy covers is about a players availability. That's all. 

Follow this logic....

1) If JB was still injured, he would have not gone 100% in all the practices. He would have rested to heal.... 

2) If he didn't go 100%, the Colts have to report to the league.

In short, he's been 100% in practice, so we can assume there was nothing to heal shortly after he came back... If there was, he would have been limited more by the training/medical staff, and hence reported as such.... .

Follow this logic....

1) If JB was still injured, he would have not gone 100% in all the practices. He would have rested to heal.... 

2) If he didn't go 100%, the Colts have to report to the league.

In short, he's been 100% in practice, so we can assume there was nothing to heal shortly after he came back... If there was, he would have been limited more by the training/medical staff, and hence reported as such.... .

There is a grey area when it comes to injuries. 

The coaches are not going to give any information out other than out, probable or doubtful. 

That is all they are required to do. 

In Brissett's case he did have a knee injury. We will not know the extent of that injury till the season is over. 

Before you accuse me of using that as an excuse for his play it is not known at this time how much it effected his play. 

After seeing what has transpired over the last few weeks the QB play is a small issue over how the team has not performed as a whole. 

Special teams and the defense have all but fell apart. Giving up the yardage and points this team has given up has little effect on the QB play anyway. 

If you want to point fingers it needs to be across the board, not just the QB. 

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

There is a grey area when it comes to injuries. 

The coaches are not going to give any information out other than out, probable or doubtful. 

That is all they are required to do. 

In Brissett's case he did have a knee injury. We will not know the extent of that injury till the season is over. 

Before you accuse me of using that as an excuse for his play it is not known at this time how much it effected his play. 

After seeing what has transpired over the last few weeks the QB play is a small issue over how the team has not performed as a whole. 

Special teams and the defense have all but fell apart. Giving up the yardage and points this team has given up has little effect on the QB play anyway. 

If you want to point fingers it needs to be across the board, not just the QB. 

QB play is a small issue... so small the large mainstream media sites are now even calling it out...  

Come on.. His QBR has been below the median most of the year. With the exception of game 1, his only QBRs above 60 were against some of the worst passing Ds in the league. 7 of his 12 games have been less than 50, and 4 or those less than 40. A small issue? The passing game is by far the worst performing unit on the team.. A small issue?

tenor.gif

On injury, so you're saying he's not been hurt enough to rest at all (practice) an go 100% (the rules are clear), but so hurt it's impacted his performance. If he does have anything cleaned up after the season, he ran just fine last week for the first down and didn't limp, wince, or grab a knee... 

Just now, MPStack said:

Thoughts on “franchise” after Reich’s wrinkle speech?

You are a great poster and one of my friends so I am going to throw this question at you:

What if we draft all defense next season (build that D) and just get 1 WR that is a great difference maker, stick with JB and go 10-6 + win the division. What would you think about JB then if we go 10-6? That could be possible. I believe in our GM and coach, it could happen.

In regards to JB’s knee, I thought he looked really limber today, brace or no brace.

I thought it might be affecting his accuracy but now I’m starting to consider an interesting scenario brought up by one of the writers from Stampede Blue. JB worked a lot with Tom House this offseason on his form, credited him with helping his accuracy. But maybe, as the season’s gone along, especially after coming back from injury, JB has reverted back to old habits. Sounds pretty plausible, and it could be a mix of things, that and his knee, but still.

Archived