Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
WarGhost21

Jacoby Brissett Impressions (Perma Merge)

3 hours ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

I can recall everyone talking up the offense when McDaniels was coming and then when Reich arrived.  That we were going to be a short quick passing game.  Now that we are doing that, everyone is complaining.

I don't care about if Receivers are getting YAC or Jacoby is going deep. As long as we score.  Which we haven't been lately.

We are short but are not quick.  We have one of the worst TTT in the NFL.

On 11/28/2019 at 11:40 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Dak Prescott 8.6 YPA - 3rd in the league, leads the league in yards passing. So to the stats people, explain it to me like I am a 4 year old as Denzel would say in the Philadelphia. Why are they 6-6 if this is the most important stat? They even have a good O.Line, good defense, great RB, and play in a bad division. explain denzel washington GIF, case closed :thmup:. That stat is like any stat, it can be overrated at times. The People that use it against JB fits their narrative that say he isn't any good.

I guess the first question is where did anyone say those two stats are the only thing that directly correlates to wins and losses.

2nd, if you look at their wins and losses, only one time did they lose when he has a YPA over 7.5, against GB.  And only one time did they win when his YPA was less than 7.5 and that was against the giants.  That is one reason why many do not think Prescott is a good QB, he is wildly inconsistent.

I think that is easy enough for a 4 year old to understand.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I guess the first question is where did anyone say those two stats are the only thing that directly correlates to wins and losses.

2nd, if you look at their wins and losses, only one time did they lose when he has a YPA over 7.5, against GB.  And only one time did they win when his YPA was less than 7.5 and that was against the giants.  That is one reason why many do not think Prescott is a good QB, he is wildly inconsistent.

There have been several people on here saying those 2 stats are very important. This goes back a while to when we beat KC and JB didn't pass for many yards. I am not sure how you haven't seen some of those posts, it was a daily thing around here for a while for some to say JB is a below average QB. Having said that, I was just pointing out those stats although important can be overrated at times as well. Like any stat can in reality. Here you have a QB in DAK who throws for a lot of yards and has a great YPA but yet his team is .500. He is even playing with an all world RB.

51 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I didn't see @2006Coltsbestever post you're responding to.  But I think you could have just responded "Jason Garret" and dropped the mic.  lol.  I think even he'd be like, "yeah, I've seen those scootermagruder youtube videos." haha

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, bhougland said:

JB is always snarky, ever since college.  My assumption was that he just didn't know how to be very "social" with people that he doesn't respect (reporters), and this is the reason I was not getting on him too much....I thought it was a personality thing. 

However, I am not so sure anymore; it is almost like he wants to make everyone asking him a question, especially negative, look dumb.  Also, just like I posted last week.  I can't find a time when he actually takes blame, it is always a team thing.  Andrew would have said "I made a couple bonehead plays"; Jacoby won't say that and will actually start getting accusatory or say the "team" didn't come up with the plays.  Can anyone find a quote where he basically says "it is on me"?

Not sure I ever saw JB as snarky before. He's been pretty decent in wins, a little stand offish in losses, but didn't think he was bad as last week. 

As far as taking the blame, I don't have a real big issue with him emphasizing team. He didn't throw the OL under the bus when asked about guys getting to him. He's not blessed with the social skills like Luck and Manning, but those things are rare to be honest.

Like I said to @2006Coltsbestever, not really a big deal. Just wasn't a great look now that the pressure is increasing. It's likely to get more difficult. I think he'd be more "likable" to fans if he just threw himself under the bus occasionally and laughed it off. I don't blame him for being a bit set off by the audition question. Let's face it, the contract he was given screams "audition", but the FO has more or less said the opposite. It's an awkward situation.

• Like 1

Yeah, it’s not a big deal but I always thought JB has been kind of Belichickian in his interviews/pressers. Possibly a little more in this most recent one but yeah, no biggie.

On 12/2/2019 at 11:40 AM, SteelCityColt said:

If your benchmark is a 42 year old who is on the decline... 

Just why is he on the decline? 

Could it be he has no offensive play makers besides one receiver and one running back? 

Nah, couldn't be.

3 hours ago, OffensivelyPC said:

I didn't see @2006Coltsbestever post you're responding to.  But I think you could have just responded "Jason Garret" and dropped the mic.  lol.  I think even he'd be like, "yeah, I've seen those scootermagruder youtube videos." haha

And I stroll by, pick it up and say  "The 2020 head coach of the New York Football Giants"

then throw the mic to the side like closer Aroldis Chapman in the bottom of the 9th, or JB7 on a close range swing pass...

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, MPStack said:

I didn’t see the great “Leader” in that presser. Also, no reference of “I” at all. 

Yup, that was kinda my point. I would have thrown myself under the bus for the 2 INTs, complimented the rest of the team, and provided a sarcastic but funny (not snarky) reply to the audition question. I would have said something to the effect that my tryout isn't over, and it's not for you (the press).

11 hours ago, bhougland said:

He gets asked by Greg Doyle if he feels pressure at all because of the 2 year extension (audition).  Jacoby says that he doesn't and says "Is that what this is"?  Greg responds by saying "Yes, that is what I think it is", and Jacoby says "You answered your own question then".

First of all, most professionals answer this by saying something along the lines of "I feel that I have an audition every time I step on that field, nothing is given to you in this league".  This is how even Vinny has responded to his performance.  The difference is that Vinny has earned a bit of leeway (not as much as Frank has given to him, but that is another topic), but Brissett hasn't proven anything.  But Brissett doesn't, he turns the question in a very passive aggressive way.  I really don't like this mentality, as I think it stems from an accountability issue due to insecurity.  

54 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Not sure I ever saw JB as snarky before. He's been pretty decent in wins, a little stand offish in losses, but didn't think he was bad as last week. 

As far as taking the blame, I don't have a real big issue with him emphasizing team. He didn't throw the OL under the bus when asked about guys getting to him. He's not blessed with the social skills like Luck and Manning, but those things are rare to be honest.

Yeah, now I remember... thanks!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INDIANAPOLIS — 

Whether you’re a good loser or a bad loser, the problem is you still go down as a loser.

There has never been a more sympathetic figure in defeat than Indianapolis Colt Coach Tony Dungy after his team ran out of chances against the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday. But his quarterback, Peyton Manning, lost points by his willingness to point fingers everywhere but at himself.

Different vibes, same unavoidable conclusion. They didn’t get it done in the playoffs. Again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so.......

Like I said to @2006Coltsbestever, not really a big deal.

Not deal at all, everyone has a bad day at the office now and then.

Just wasn't a great look now that the pressure is increasing. It's likely to get more difficult. I think he'd be more "likable" to fans if he just threw himself under the bus occasionally and laughed it off. I don't blame him for being a bit set off by the audition question. Let's face it, the contract he was given screams "audition", but the FO has more or less said the opposite. It's an awkward situation.

I care about his ability to get along with coaches and teammates. Not be 'likeable' at the podium in losses. Fans and media already heap praise/blame more heavily on the head coach and quarterback than either deserve, either way.  I kind of like the team stance and  'were in it together' stance.  Win or lose.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Just why is he on the decline? 

Could it be he has no offensive play makers besides one receiver and one running back? 

Nah, couldn't be.

Lets not act like he's playing with nothing. 

Edelman 

Sanu (who they traded for),

Dorsett (1st round pick, who did well enough they didn't replace him),

Harry (a rookie, but their 1st round pick).

Meyers - 5 yrs ago Brady makes this guy look like a pro bowler

James White - Always been solid and a good receiver

Sony Michel - 1st round RB

Burkhead - Fills a nice roll for a 3rd

I wouldn't say they are stacked with offensive talent, but Brady in his prime makes these guys look like all pros ... definitely seems like his skills are declining.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, esmort said:

Lets not act like he's playing with nothing. 

Edelman 

Sanu (who they traded for),

Dorsett (1st round pick, who did well enough they didn't replace him),

Harry (a rookie, but their 1st round pick).

Meyers - 5 yrs ago Brady makes this guy look like a pro bowler

James White - Always been solid and a good receiver

Sony Michel - 1st round RB

Burkhead - Fills a nice roll for a 3rd

I wouldn't say they are stacked with offensive talent, but Brady in his prime makes these guys look like all pros ... definitely seems like his skills are declining.

Everyone is defending him like AV is defended by Riech. They said it was the recievers fault on one pick when he clearly threw the ball late and behind. Im not saying him and his recievers arent on the same page but he is making more errors on his part than before.

• Like 1

Just now, TimetobringDfence! said:

Everyone is defending him like AV is defended by Riech. They said it was the recievers fault on one pick when he clearly threw the ball late and behind. Im not saying him and his recievers arent on the same page but he is making more errors on his part than before.

Yeah, some of the games I have watched there are throws he misses where you are like "wow ... TB never misses that".  Or there are broken plays, and you are like Oh * TB is going to burn them here and nothing happens ... he doesn't make the other team pay for mistakes like he used to. He just doesn't look the same to me.

6 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Yeah, now I remember... thanks!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INDIANAPOLIS — 

Whether you’re a good loser or a bad loser, the problem is you still go down as a loser.

There has never been a more sympathetic figure in defeat than Indianapolis Colt Coach Tony Dungy after his team ran out of chances against the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday. But his quarterback, Peyton Manning, lost points by his willingness to point fingers everywhere but at himself.

Different vibes, same unavoidable conclusion. They didn’t get it done in the playoffs. Again.

so.......

Not deal at all, everyone has a bad day at the office now and then.

I care about his ability to get along with coaches and teammates. Not be 'likeable' at the podium in losses. Fans and media already heap praise/blame more heavily on the head coach and quarterback than either deserve, either way.  I kind of like the team stance and  'were in it together' stance.  Win or lose.

On the OL topic... 

I was talking about JB not throwing the OL under the bus. He said IIRC they played pretty good. On PM pointing fingers at the OL, I think Manning and Luck had all the reason in the world to point fingers at times at the OL (and GM for having a turrrrrible OL). I didn't like it when Manning did it, but it was absolutely spot on. And... Nobody in the press questioned their status of starting QB though.

JB has a great OL, and I think he know's he takes a long time (making it more difficult on the OL), so he's not going to win that one even if he wanted to to point a finger. I don't think he would ever anyway. 

I agree coaches and QBs get too much or too little praise/blame, but that's part of the big pay checks, and part of the game. I think they also deserve hard questions as the faces of the team. It is incredibly important for both to keep the fans. It's very rare for anything good to happen to a QB or coach that loses the fans. But F the media lol.... Journalism is dead. It's all about clicks, hot takes, and preferred narrative these days.

9 hours ago, Superman said:

Yeesh.

I don't know what's worse, throwing it... or not throwing it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, zibby43 said:

Not surprising.  Just depressing.

Zibby, please post this under finding the franchise. Very revealing.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, zibby43 said:

Not surprising.  Just depressing.

And not just the bottom, but the bottom by a large margin from the rest of the worst. 

ouch. 

Honestly don't need an air raid deep passing O, just would like to have a passing game that can hit a couple per game to keep Ds honest, and use it if necessary when we are down to flip the game.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, hoosierhawk said:

Zibby, please post this under finding the franchise. Very revealing.

Done.  Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

57 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

And not just the bottom, but the bottom by a large margin from the rest of the worst. 

ouch. 

Honestly don't need an air raid deep passing O, just would like to have a passing game that can hit a couple per game to keep Ds honest, and use it if necessary when we are down to flip the game.

Well said.  It's unfortunate that Cain was a casualty of the non-existent downfield passing game.

I think he has the potential to develop into a deep threat.  Reich desperately tried to use him in that capacity earlier in the season.  The staff tried to adapt Cain's role, but he's not a possession-type receiver.  It's not the end of the world that he's gone, but Ballard initially picked him for a reason.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, zibby43 said:

Done.  Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Well said.  It's unfortunate that Cain was a casualty of the non-existent downfield passing game.

I think he has the potential to develop into a deep threat.  Reich desperately tried to use him in that capacity earlier in the season.  The staff tried to adapt Cain's role, but he's not a possession-type receiver.  It's not the end of the world that he's gone, but Ballard initially picked him for a reason.

Bingo. And it's not just that either. They switched Cain from X to Z to X and back to Z during the year. All while trying to make him a possession guy. Not the easiest for a guy trying to learn routes and get in a groove after an injury. Not saying he'll amount to a lot, but I think used properly at worst he could have been a very good #4 or #5 WR playing X that would be great for a few plays per game to flip the field and keep Ds honest.

And really anyone running deep or seam routes were victims this year. TEs and Rogers have been open in the seam a bunch and not hit. 

• Like 1

JB is a game manager, and a slow decision making gm right now in that role.

He throws late to the dump off guy. He doesn't trust himself to make throws. He wastes good, clean pockets that we dreamed of Luck having for years.

He then has the bonehead play that usually comes at a horrible time in the game. (first pick in Titans game) and the second pick came after they picked up zero yards on first down because he, again, threw late to the dump off guy. So pressure really started to amp up. 

Not all on him, of course. He's bad though. I'd rather draft and give a middle round QB a shot to prove himself next year. Brady, Wilson, Dak... not like it's impossible. 

There are good QBs in the 2020 draft.  Ballard will perform magic and get us to the promise land with our #1 pick on a QB.  Tall order but I think he can do it.

I just recently watched ESPN detail with Peyton. He did an entire episode on Jacoby’s first game nonsense Texans. He is very complimentary of JB. He shows him going through the reads and playing with anticipation. He does critique him on some throws. Overall he likes JB. You can also see that in the game, with all his weapons and JB was fully healthy, he is playing with a lot of confidence. 

Side note. If you haven’t watched this show. It is amazing to see Peyton truly break down a game plan. 

11 minutes ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

I just recently watched ESPN detail with Peyton. He did an entire episode on Jacoby’s first game nonsense Texans. He is very complimentary of JB. He shows him going through the reads and playing with anticipation. He does critique him on some throws. Overall he likes JB. You can also see that in the game, with all his weapons and JB was fully healthy, he is playing with a lot of confidence. 

Side note. If you haven’t watched this show. It is amazing to see Peyton truly break down a game plan. 

One more thing. For those saying Peyton wouldn’t say anything bad about the colts. He take a jab at Eric Ebron. It is the play that was designed for Nelson to catch a TD. He notices that Ebron side steps his block so Nelson would stay covered and force JB to throw to him. He totally calls him out. Hilarious 

On 12/3/2019 at 3:29 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

There have been several people on here saying those 2 stats are very important. This goes back a while to when we beat KC and JB didn't pass for many yards. I am not sure how you haven't seen some of those posts, it was a daily thing around here for a while for some to say JB is a below average QB. Having said that, I was just pointing out those stats although important can be overrated at times as well. Like any stat can in reality. Here you have a QB in DAK who throws for a lot of yards and has a great YPA but yet his team is .500. He is even playing with an all world RB.

Yes, I am one of those people... kind of.  I don't think yards s that important of a stat but yards per attempt is important and yards per completion even more so.  But, and I know I'm preaching to the choir, no stat or group of stats can be viewed in a vacuum.  Just because something is an important indicator does not mean it has a direct correlation to wins and losses.

I think we are fooling ourselves if we think Brissett is the answer at QB going forward.  2017 Brissett starts and we can't score points. 2018 Luck starts and throws 39 TDs. 2019 Brissett starts and we can't score points.  Mostly same cast. Injuries are not an excuse. He is too cautious. The sooner we see, the faster we get better.

• Like 2

I know the fan base is very divided on the Quarterback position and the team right now...

Some like JB, some really dislike him

Some think we could build around him and some think we should immediately move on from him for Chad Kelly, lol. 

Some see future franchise quarterbacks in the draft (Love, Hurts, Eason) and some don’t. 

Can we just all agree that we trust whatever decision Ballard and Reich make? If they draft a QB or stick with JB. They are the professional and have shown they know what they are doing. 

TRUST IN Ballard and Reich!!!

6 minutes ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

I know the fan base is very divided on the Quarterback position and the team right now...

Some like JB, some really dislike him

Some think we could build around him and some think we should immediately move on from him for Chad Kelly, lol. 

Some see future franchise quarterbacks in the draft (Love, Hurts, Eason) and some don’t. 

Can we just all agree that we trust whatever decision Ballard and Reich make? If they draft a QB or stick with JB. They are the professional and have shown they know what they are doing. 

TRUST IN Ballard and Reich!!!

I'm higher on Ballard's drafting than anyone on this forum, but I will be highly upset if we don't either give Kelly a chance to play or don't draft a QB to compete with Brissett or sign one in FA. We can't go into next year with what we currently have at the QB position.

• Like 2

this is a plea to stop bashing jacoby 

NFL qbs get criticized on forums like this

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

this is a plea to stop bashing jacoby 

NFL qbs get criticized on forums like this

Not a plea. I am simply saying trust them. Speaking your mind is what makes the forums fun. 

I have complete faith in Ballard and Reich.After all its not anyone's fault your all world quarterback retires 2 weeks before season starts .As for Jacoby bashing we fans are speculating on what they are planning and thinking .And unfortunately he will be the major off season Topic 

3 minutes ago, coltfaninnewyork said:

I have complete faith in Ballard and Reich.After all its not anyone's fault your all world quarterback retires 2 weeks before season starts .As for Jacoby bashing we fans are speculating on what they are planning and thinking .And unfortunately he will be the major off season Topic 

21.5M in 2020. 

Yeah we can trust Reich and Ballard. But if JB and Hoyer is the plan for QB next season Mr Irsay should be ready for a nearly empty stadium on Sundays.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, TheMiz said:

Yeah we can trust Reich and Ballard. But if JB and Hoyer is the plan for QB next season Mr Irsay should be ready for a nearly empty stadium on Sundays.

I do think that's a overreaction.This team is still a overall good team .If brisett the starter we still can win maybe not a super bowl but I can see playoffs .The D will be better and brisett will have more weapons .

35 minutes ago, MPStack said:

21.5M in 2020. 

Flacco and Foles both are paid more than Brissett. Heck, even Alex Smith is paid as much.

Looking at the salaries of the QBs in the league Brissett is at a very reasonable salary. If you look at the cash spent for 2020 Brissett is at the bottom of the league for starters that are not on a rookie contract.

I don't know what point you were trying to make but as far as money you missed a negative point. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, coltfaninnewyork said:

I do think that's a overreaction.This team is still a overall good team .If brisett the starter we still can win maybe not a super bowl but I can see playoffs .The D will be better and brisett will have more weapons .

Yes we can win with Brissett, we've seen this, we know this. But the style of play that is needed to win with JB is not exciting, and will not put butts in seats. 

1 minute ago, TheMiz said:

Yes we can win with Brissett, we've seen this, we know this. But the style of play that is needed to win with JB is not exciting, and will not put butts in seats. 

Winning will put people in the seats. 

• Like 2