Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jacoby Brissett Impressions (Perma Merge)

WarGhost21

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Imgrandojji said:

So nice to have our leader back.  Great game by the defense, and you have to get the lion's share of the credit for the win offensively to the RB tandem.  That said, JB's leadership value was not hard to spot, and it's clear that he made a difference out there.

jb does not care about personal stats, yrds per game, yrds per catch, he cares about the team winning, and they win with him at qb.

1 minute ago, DEFENSE said:

jb does not care about personal stats, yrds per game, yrds per catch, he cares about the team winning, and they win with him at qb.

Yep that is all care about too. If we win I am happy, if we lose I am not. I will take my wins every week over having great stats. I am about winning in life, always have been and can spot a winner when I see one. JB is one, proved it again today. 

JB keeps us in games by first not losing it before making key plays to continually give us the chance. Look at Brady, 17-10 vs the Eagles, does it make him a lousy QB? JB gets it. We played a sound game all around and next game, it will have to be on JB's arm. If the Ravens game is used for film study, I'd use Williams and Hines both as pass catching backs. The Texans' offense is not unstoppable but on a short week, the Colts D needs to be protected with the moving of chains and the Texans are better against between the tackles runs, so you have to move the RB in space against them. 

The Texans' D plays well East-West, so no dancing around, just keep going north. :) 

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

JB keeps us in games by first not losing it before making key plays to continually give us the chance. Look at Brady, 17-10 vs the Eagles, does it make him a lousy QB? JB gets it. We played a sound game all around and next game, it will have to be on JB's arm. If the Ravens game is used for film study, I'd use Williams and Hines both as pass catching backs. The Texans' offense is not unstoppable but on a short week, the Colts D needs to be protected with the moving of chains and the Texans are better against between the tackles runs, so you have to move the RB in space against them. 

Watson was terrible today, come on you critique experts, critique the so-called best QB in the division. I bet he missed at least 5 or 6 WR's downfield in this one.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Watson was terrible today, come on you critique experts, critique the so-called best QB in the division. I bet he missed at least 5 or 6 WR's downfield in this one.

Just got done watching highlights of that game. Makes me appreciate Jacoby Brissett.

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am not a Watson fan.  He gets way to love from the media. Sure, he has his high light reel games once in awhile. However, you keep him in the pocket and he is below average. 

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

So where are those posters who were ragging all over JB before this game? 

JB may not have those fantasy numbers that some other QBs have but he is this teams leader. 

Nuff said. 

@EastStreet is still here, he will give you every reason why in the book JB stinks and had no affect on us winning. Best comedy since this george carlin GIF

The thing I am really learning to love about Jacoby is that he just makes good things happen.  He limits bad plays and is really good at making something out of nothing on broken plays or at least limiting the damage of a broken play.  He’s not perfect but he’s good at making the Colts get something on most plays even if it’s just one or two yards and that might not seem like much but like Loften was saying today the Jags wanted to get the Colts in 3rd and 7 or longer so they could turn their pass rush lose.  Most of the day Jacoby avoided that.  Granted the running game helped with that a lot but I thought Jacoby was good at keeping the ball going forward too.  Then he scored two TDs on broken plays today, one was the fourth down pass to Johnson and the other was his scramble for a TD.  He makes winning plays.  A guy in New England has made a career out of that.  

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah one game out of the whole year. Congrats, that shows you like him haha richard pryor forehead GIF

it means i'm not pessimistic. why would i predict a break out game if i was bias?

i've been pretty accurate in my predictions..... you just don't notice, or like, when i predict non-good things. 

i'll make sure you see my Houston2 prediction. 

giphy.gif

Even with the bum knee JB played just fine.  Great team win, probably the first game this whole season we played well in all facets, including coach opening up the playbook.  If we get healthy, and this team plays to their potential, like they did today, lookout!!

6 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

JB had a statement game today.

That statement?

"I. Am. Not. A. Backup."

The running game made the statement today.

I like jacoby alot, but aside from the incredible 4th down td pass, obi-wan jacoby had an average afternoon.  15 of 24, 148 yrds. 76 rating......hes good, but if hes the answer in indy (and I'm not saying he isn't)  the qb worship has to go. 

Hes just not that guy.  With jacoby under center it's a team effort.  Hes as good as the pieces around him. 

Hes charged with not making a mistake, he's not the showcase of this offense.  

If he's had a statement game this year it was our first tilt vs Houston.

That being the case, I'm definitely looking forward to him making another statement this Thursday.  

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Come on now, you're better than this. Wasn't it yourself who said we should just be happy at the Colts winning? Besides the All 22 isn't up yet, give us chance. :P

You know my stance has never been anti-Brissett as often painted, he played well today, and I was pleased to see a couple of deep attempts when we were pounding them on the ground. 

To the people who keep saying it's only wins that matter. Yes, that is true, but a couple of points. The concern was about how we were squeaking games, you say that if we had been 4-6 etc. then the criticisms would be more justified. The point about one score games is that sooner or later you regress to the mean. Besides wins is one of the worst ways to assess a QB. Why it was so pleasing today to see us stomp on a team. That is true progress. 

It's a shame Brissett missed those two games as if we'd had won those, and won them in a similar manner then things do look very different. As ever, I wait to see how the season ends up. You know my biggest concern has been about becoming that perennial middle of the road team as that is the worst form of purgatory (aside from being a Browns fan).  

4 hours ago, Sumo63 said:

Hes just not that guy.  With jacoby under center it's a team effort.  Hes as good as the pieces around him. 

Hes charged with not making a mistake, he's not the showcase of this offense.  

JB was playing on 1 1/2 legs and didn't have his top 2 receivers. 

That scramble and TD pass was as good as any QB in the league. 

Every QB in the league is only as good as the pieces around him. 

Every QB in the league is 'charged' with not making mistakes. 

IMO you are wrong in him not being the guy. 

He is this teams leader and this team is only going as far as JB takes them. 

The Colts would be 9-1 had Vinny made his kicks. 

I am sorry you don't see it. 

Archived