Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jacoby Brissett Impressions (Perma Merge)

WarGhost21

19 hours ago, wizwor said:

The Patriots played an undefeated Buffalo team and Cleveland was supposed to be a good team.  To a certain extent, how good or bad a team is is based on who they play.  

I would argue that Houston is not very good.  And Houston beat KC, so maybe Indy hasn't beaten anyone.  Turns out all the teams have as much talent as they can acquire given the salary cap.  I think the difference from worst to first is not that much.

JB is a very good QB -- Parcells said so and I think he is a good talent scout.  The Patriots drafted him, and I think they have a clue as well.  Football is a team sport and a lot of people determine RZ efficiency, and whatever other stat you want to quote.  The QB position is not measured by stats alone.  JB seems to be developing as a leader.

He's playing.  Luck is not.  I think it's great that JB has you as a fan and there is no bigger fanboy than me.  Enjoy his development and don't worry about what others think.  Remember the GOAT was a 6th round pick and The Legend started with a fumble an incomplete pass. 

I like Brian Hoyer, but your chances of winning are much better with JB on the field.  

Hoyer came in and threw 3 touchdowns.  He did not have any 1st team reps.  It was basically said that yesterday was his 1st time running many of the plays.  Yet, he looked decisive, made quick throws to receivers and made good reads.  That to me is somewhat of an indictment on Brissetts abilities moving forward.  I like Brissett and more than anyone, I what him to succeed.  He doesn't take chances, but I feel he leaves a lot of plays on the field.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/4/2019 at 10:01 AM, Moosejawcolt said:

Hoyer came in and threw 3 touchdowns.  He did not have any 1st team reps.  It was basically said that yesterday was his 1st time running many of the plays.  Yet, he looked decisive, made quick throws to receivers and made good reads.  That to me is somewhat of an indictment on Brissetts abilities moving forward.  I like Brissett and more than anyone, I what him to succeed.  He doesn't take chances, but I feel he leaves a lot of plays on the field.

You do realize hoyer is like a ten year veteran. He has seen a ton of different defenses by playing and being a backup on a lot of different teams. To compare a guy who had been in the league a decade and a four year guy who is only in his second season starting  is not fair.

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

You do realize hoyer is like a ten year veteran. He has seen a ton of different defenses by playing and being a backup on a lot of different teams. To compare a guy who had been in the league a decade and a four year guy who is only in his second season starting  is not fair.

JB isnt a rookie stop acting like it he should be plenty developed by now 

4 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

JB isnt a rookie stop acting like it he should be plenty developed by now 

JB would be wise to do everything to try to start this upcoming game.  It will not be good for him if another QB is able to make the offense look much smoother (as Hoyer did last game).  

I just wonder what he will look like if he can't scramble every now and again.  He does escape a lot of would be sacks (that Hoyer couldn't).

10 minutes ago, bhougland said:

JB would be wise to do everything to try to start this upcoming game.  It will not be good for him if another QB is able to make the offense look much smoother (as Hoyer did last game).  

I just wonder what he will look like if he can't scramble every now and again.  He does escape a lot of would be sacks (that Hoyer couldn't).

It didn’t hurt Carson Wentz in Philadelphia   

It is the type of coach Reich is and the O he runs

2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I was using him and Foles as an example to show that JB has nothing to worry about because FR and his O adapts to benefit the QB

foles was a back up to an mvp caliber player, hoyer and jacoby are both backup caliber them selves 

big difference in the two situations 

57 minutes ago, bhougland said:

That is a dumb comment. Especially since we are playing Miami.

5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I Never said that. But stop comparing a ten year vet to a guy who is in his second year as a starter.

lol you are acting like Brian Hoyer is a vet like Tom Brady haha him and JB are about the same career backups with about the same amount of starting experience one is just older lol

8 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

you're the last person that should be calling anyone's comments dumb. you are the queen of dumb comments.

3 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

lol you are acting like Brian Hoyer is a vet like Tom Brady haha him and JB are about the same career backups with about the same amount of starting experience one is just older lol

you're the last person that should be calling anyone's comments dumb. you are the queen of dumb comments.

will ferrell chill GIF

8 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

While I think JB trying to rush back is dumb for obvious reasons, the comments about Hoyer looking good could very well create "chatter". It's pretty obvious there is already some divisiveness among fans. Hoyer playing a great game, even against Miami, will stimulate discussion. As we see in the media all the time, every time a back up QB comes in and looks good, there's always hot takes and debate. Minshew vs Foles, Allen vs Newton, etc.. Even some chatter abut Teddy B vs and aging Brees of all things. 

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

If I don’t know you are relaxed you do not if someone is dumb so stop acting like you are 12

I called her out for calling another posters comment dumb. no one said she was dumb 

sometimes I wonder if you actually read the full comment....

8 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

The one concerning thing bout Brissett that I was eluding to was holding onto the ball.  Hoyer proved that the receivers r getting a degree of separation.  I truly believe that Brissett lacks anticipation and that is something u have or u dont. Just my thought.

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

The one concerning thing bout Brissett that I was eluding to was holding onto the ball.  Hoyer proved that the receivers r getting a degree of separation.  I truly believe that Brissett lacks anticipation and that is something u have or u dont. Just my thought.

The whole "WRs not being open" narrative should be dead now. Pretty hard to argue given Hoyer's performance, the all22 stuff, and other info out there.

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Like I said hoyer is a ten year vet. JB is still learning. No I don’t think that is something that you just have.  He did pretty well against the Texans and Atlanta. We have played great defenses the last two weeks. I still say we win that Pitt game if he didn’t get hurt. Those mental mistakes don’t happen. I think the tram missed its leader.

Anyway I don’t know if this was posted but look at this horrible route that Cain ran.

23 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

The whole "WRs not being open" narrative should be dead now. Pretty hard to argue given Hoyer's performance, the all22 stuff, and other info out there.

He has thrown some balls in tight windows to TY, Pascal and Ebron. He trusts those guys. Once Cain earns his trust he will go to him more often. Once again hoyer has been in the league. Decade. JB has 23 starts.

I  trust Reich getting JB where he needs to be. I think by the start of next season is where we will see the most improvement. He will have all off season to do things he might not of done as a backup. If Reich can’t get him there then so be it. We will eventually move on.  I am sure he is working hard with the QB coach to get better.

10 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

He has thrown some balls in tight windows to TY, Pascal and Ebron. He trusts those guys. Once Cain earns his trust he will go to him more often. Once again hoyer has been in the league. Decade. JB has 23 starts.

Not sure it's as much about trust, as it is simple field vision, and the ability to go through read progressions. JB's comments were pretty telling too.

23 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Like I said hoyer is a ten year vet. JB is still learning. No I don’t think that is something that you just have.  He did pretty well against the Texans and Atlanta. We have played great defenses the last two weeks. I still say we win that Pitt game if he didn’t get hurt. Those mental mistakes don’t happen. I think the tram missed its leader.

Anyway I don’t know if this was posted but look at this horrible route that Cain ran.

LOL... couple things. If he's going to be a contributor to an amateur sports pub, he ought to learn to form a complete sentences. 

But,,, if you watch the video, Cain get's held and mugged.

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

Go look a few posts up the video of cain. You can see why he still doesn’t trust him.

i already commented on that video. The video is poor quality, but Cain looks to be held/mugged beyond 5 yards. I've yet to rewatch the game, but plan too and will ensure I look closely at that play.

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I'm not seeing the same thing. Vid is bad quality, but like I said, I'll make sure I pay close attention during the rewatch. Did you also notice the WR at the top of the frame wide open and standing there.

Looks like the pressure got there quick.  Plus it actually looks like he wanted to go to Cain there. 

I just think some are expecting to much to quick. You want perfection right away. We still only had one game where we had all our WR healthy. I hope by DEC we finally have all six healthy at one time. Ballard kind of hinted today in his interview they have been slowly adding chunk plays and he thought they were getting closer to where they need to be.

I hate to admit it, even to myself, but Jacoby is not capable of leading us to a championship. He is a good average QB. But he has neither the spark or flair to take the team to the next level. Chris  Ballard knows this ; he is a smart guy. The answer, unpalatable as it may be, is through the draft. More years of waiting.

My real worry is that Chris Ballard and Frank Reich, both excellent people, will be driven away by the criticsm that will inevitably come. If only we still had Andrew...if only...if only...

21 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Looks like the pressure got there quick.  Plus it actually looks like he wanted to go to Cain there. 

I just watched it on my DVR/big screen... It's at 3:18 left in the second. He's more than 5 yards down field and Hayden starts back peddling quickly reverses and comes forward, hit's Cain (illegal) while in his break, and has his right arm extended on the break side (illegal) around him before the ball gets there.  

13 minutes ago, GeorgeTheHonest said:

I hate to admit it, even to myself, but Jacoby is not capable of leading us to a championship. He is a good average QB. But he has neither the spark or flair to take the team to the next level. Chris  Ballard knows this ; he is a smart guy. The answer, unpalatable as it may be, is through the draft. More years of waiting.

My real worry is that Chris Ballard and Frank Reich, both excellent people, will be driven away by the criticsm that will inevitably come. If only we still had Andrew...if only...if only...

Not sure about the spark and flare. I will say this most of our mental mistakes happened after he left the game. You could say the team kind of lost their way without their leader. I still say we win this game if he doesn’t get injured. That INT never happens if he is in there so we win the game. Sirriani also mentioned today how the TE, RB, and WR didn’t pass block well. Although Kelly was out JB is responsible for getting them in the right protections. You have to wonder if he had played the entire game if pass protection is better.

Archived