Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jacoby Brissett Impressions (Perma Merge)


Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, wizwor said:

 

The Patriots played an undefeated Buffalo team and Cleveland was supposed to be a good team.  To a certain extent, how good or bad a team is is based on who they play.  

 

I would argue that Houston is not very good.  And Houston beat KC, so maybe Indy hasn't beaten anyone.  Turns out all the teams have as much talent as they can acquire given the salary cap.  I think the difference from worst to first is not that much.

 

 

JB is a very good QB -- Parcells said so and I think he is a good talent scout.  The Patriots drafted him, and I think they have a clue as well.  Football is a team sport and a lot of people determine RZ efficiency, and whatever other stat you want to quote.  The QB position is not measured by stats alone.  JB seems to be developing as a leader.

  

 

He's playing.  Luck is not.  I think it's great that JB has you as a fan and there is no bigger fanboy than me.  Enjoy his development and don't worry about what others think.  Remember the GOAT was a 6th round pick and The Legend started with a fumble an incomplete pass. 

 

I like Brian Hoyer, but your chances of winning are much better with JB on the field.  

Hoyer came in and threw 3 touchdowns.  He did not have any 1st team reps.  It was basically said that yesterday was his 1st time running many of the plays.  Yet, he looked decisive, made quick throws to receivers and made good reads.  That to me is somewhat of an indictment on Brissetts abilities moving forward.  I like Brissett and more than anyone, I what him to succeed.  He doesn't take chances, but I feel he leaves a lot of plays on the field.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yep...he creates posts daily that discuss the QB position. Even the thread about wanting to draft a certain QB tie back to the idea of giving JB more time.

Okay So as I watch the Niners game I am noticing that Jimmy G is operating the game in a way thenReich and the Colts want JB to. I have the a huge take...   Jimmy G is no better than JB

Posted Images

On 11/4/2019 at 10:01 AM, Moosejawcolt said:

Hoyer came in and threw 3 touchdowns.  He did not have any 1st team reps.  It was basically said that yesterday was his 1st time running many of the plays.  Yet, he looked decisive, made quick throws to receivers and made good reads.  That to me is somewhat of an indictment on Brissetts abilities moving forward.  I like Brissett and more than anyone, I what him to succeed.  He doesn't take chances, but I feel he leaves a lot of plays on the field.

You do realize hoyer is like a ten year veteran. He has seen a ton of different defenses by playing and being a backup on a lot of different teams. To compare a guy who had been in the league a decade and a four year guy who is only in his second season starting  is not fair.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

You do realize hoyer is like a ten year veteran. He has seen a ton of different defenses by playing and being a backup on a lot of different teams. To compare a guy who had been in the league a decade and a four year guy who is only in his second season starting  is not fair.

JB isnt a rookie stop acting like it he should be plenty developed by now 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

JB isnt a rookie stop acting like it he should be plenty developed by now 

 

JB would be wise to do everything to try to start this upcoming game.  It will not be good for him if another QB is able to make the offense look much smoother (as Hoyer did last game).  

 

I just wonder what he will look like if he can't scramble every now and again.  He does escape a lot of would be sacks (that Hoyer couldn't).

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, bhougland said:

 

JB would be wise to do everything to try to start this upcoming game.  It will not be good for him if another QB is able to make the offense look much smoother (as Hoyer did last game).  

 

I just wonder what he will look like if he can't scramble every now and again.  He does escape a lot of would be sacks (that Hoyer couldn't).

It didn’t hurt Carson Wentz in Philadelphia   

    It is the type of coach Reich is and the O he runs

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I was using him and Foles as an example to show that JB has nothing to worry about because FR and his O adapts to benefit the QB

 

foles was a back up to an mvp caliber player, hoyer and jacoby are both backup caliber them selves 

 

big difference in the two situations 

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, bhougland said:

 

JB would be wise to do everything to try to start this upcoming game.  It will not be good for him if another QB is able to make the offense look much smoother (as Hoyer did last game).  

 

I just wonder what he will look like if he can't scramble every now and again.  He does escape a lot of would be sacks (that Hoyer couldn't).

That is a dumb comment. Especially since we are playing Miami.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I Never said that. But stop comparing a ten year vet to a guy who is in his second year as a starter.

lol you are acting like Brian Hoyer is a vet like Tom Brady haha him and JB are about the same career backups with about the same amount of starting experience one is just older lol

8 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

That is a dumb comment. Especially since we are playing Miami.

you're the last person that should be calling anyone's comments dumb. you are the queen of dumb comments.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

lol you are acting like Brian Hoyer is a vet like Tom Brady haha him and JB are about the same career backups with about the same amount of starting experience one is just older lol

you're the last person that should be calling anyone's comments dumb. you are the queen of dumb comments.

will ferrell chill GIF

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

That is a dumb comment. Especially since we are playing Miami.

 

While I think JB trying to rush back is dumb for obvious reasons, the comments about Hoyer looking good could very well create "chatter". It's pretty obvious there is already some divisiveness among fans. Hoyer playing a great game, even against Miami, will stimulate discussion. As we see in the media all the time, every time a back up QB comes in and looks good, there's always hot takes and debate. Minshew vs Foles, Allen vs Newton, etc.. Even some chatter abut Teddy B vs and aging Brees of all things. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I have no idea why you post this all the time everyone you say it to is always relaxed just cause we call people out on some bull don't mean we aren't relaxed 

If I don’t know you are relaxed you do not if someone is dumb so stop acting like you are 12

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

If I don’t know you are relaxed you do not if someone is dumb so stop acting like you are 12

I called her out for calling another posters comment dumb. no one said she was dumb 

 

sometimes I wonder if you actually read the full comment....

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

You do realize hoyer is like a ten year veteran. He has seen a ton of different defenses by playing and being a backup on a lot of different teams. To compare a guy who had been in the league a decade and a four year guy who is only in his second season starting  is not fair.

The one concerning thing bout Brissett that I was eluding to was holding onto the ball.  Hoyer proved that the receivers r getting a degree of separation.  I truly believe that Brissett lacks anticipation and that is something u have or u dont. Just my thought.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

The one concerning thing bout Brissett that I was eluding to was holding onto the ball.  Hoyer proved that the receivers r getting a degree of separation.  I truly believe that Brissett lacks anticipation and that is something u have or u dont. Just my thought.

The whole "WRs not being open" narrative should be dead now. Pretty hard to argue given Hoyer's performance, the all22 stuff, and other info out there.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

The one concerning thing bout Brissett that I was eluding to was holding onto the ball.  Hoyer proved that the receivers r getting a degree of separation.  I truly believe that Brissett lacks anticipation and that is something u have or u dont. Just my thought.

Like I said hoyer is a ten year vet. JB is still learning. No I don’t think that is something that you just have.  He did pretty well against the Texans and Atlanta. We have played great defenses the last two weeks. I still say we win that Pitt game if he didn’t get hurt. Those mental mistakes don’t happen. I think the tram missed its leader.

 

Anyway I don’t know if this was posted but look at this horrible route that Cain ran.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

The whole "WRs not being open" narrative should be dead now. Pretty hard to argue given Hoyer's performance, the all22 stuff, and other info out there.

He has thrown some balls in tight windows to TY, Pascal and Ebron. He trusts those guys. Once Cain earns his trust he will go to him more often. Once again hoyer has been in the league. Decade. JB has 23 starts.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I  trust Reich getting JB where he needs to be. I think by the start of next season is where we will see the most improvement. He will have all off season to do things he might not of done as a backup. If Reich can’t get him there then so be it. We will eventually move on.  I am sure he is working hard with the QB coach to get better.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

He has thrown some balls in tight windows to TY, Pascal and Ebron. He trusts those guys. Once Cain earns his trust he will go to him more often. Once again hoyer has been in the league. Decade. JB has 23 starts.

Not sure it's as much about trust, as it is simple field vision, and the ability to go through read progressions. JB's comments were pretty telling too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Like I said hoyer is a ten year vet. JB is still learning. No I don’t think that is something that you just have.  He did pretty well against the Texans and Atlanta. We have played great defenses the last two weeks. I still say we win that Pitt game if he didn’t get hurt. Those mental mistakes don’t happen. I think the tram missed its leader.

 

Anyway I don’t know if this was posted but look at this horrible route that Cain ran.

 

 

LOL... couple things. If he's going to be a contributor to an amateur sports pub, he ought to learn to form a complete sentences. 

 

But,,, if you watch the video, Cain get's held and mugged.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Not sure it's as much about trust, as it is simple field vision, and the ability to go through read progressions. JB's comments were pretty telling too.

Go look a few posts up the video of cain. You can see why he still doesn’t trust him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

 

LOL... couple things. If he's going to be a contributor to an amateur sports pub, he ought to learn to form a complete sentences. 

 

But,,, if you watch the video, Cain get's held and mugged.

No I think he ran a bad route. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chloe6124 said:

Go look a few posts up the video of cain. You can see why he still doesn’t trust him.

i already commented on that video. The video is poor quality, but Cain looks to be held/mugged beyond 5 yards. I've yet to rewatch the game, but plan too and will ensure I look closely at that play.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

No I think he ran a bad route. 

I'm not seeing the same thing. Vid is bad quality, but like I said, I'll make sure I pay close attention during the rewatch. Did you also notice the WR at the top of the frame wide open and standing there.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have said there has been times he has been open and JB missed him. But don’t sit there and say he gets open all the time. It’s a mixture of things. Cain has to run better routes and earn his trust and JB needs to look his way more often. It’s not all JB.  It’s both of them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I'm not seeing the same thing. Vid is bad quality, but like I said, I'll make sure I pay close attention during the rewatch. Did you also notice the WR at the top of the frame wide open and standing there.

Looks like the pressure got there quick.  Plus it actually looks like he wanted to go to Cain there. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just think some are expecting to much to quick. You want perfection right away. We still only had one game where we had all our WR healthy. I hope by DEC we finally have all six healthy at one time. Ballard kind of hinted today in his interview they have been slowly adding chunk plays and he thought they were getting closer to where they need to be.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate to admit it, even to myself, but Jacoby is not capable of leading us to a championship. He is a good average QB. But he has neither the spark or flair to take the team to the next level. Chris  Ballard knows this ; he is a smart guy. The answer, unpalatable as it may be, is through the draft. More years of waiting.

My real worry is that Chris Ballard and Frank Reich, both excellent people, will be driven away by the criticsm that will inevitably come. If only we still had Andrew...if only...if only...

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Looks like the pressure got there quick.  Plus it actually looks like he wanted to go to Cain there. 

I just watched it on my DVR/big screen... It's at 3:18 left in the second. He's more than 5 yards down field and Hayden starts back peddling quickly reverses and comes forward, hit's Cain (illegal) while in his break, and has his right arm extended on the break side (illegal) around him before the ball gets there.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, GeorgeTheHonest said:

I hate to admit it, even to myself, but Jacoby is not capable of leading us to a championship. He is a good average QB. But he has neither the spark or flair to take the team to the next level. Chris  Ballard knows this ; he is a smart guy. The answer, unpalatable as it may be, is through the draft. More years of waiting.

My real worry is that Chris Ballard and Frank Reich, both excellent people, will be driven away by the criticsm that will inevitably come. If only we still had Andrew...if only...if only...

Not sure about the spark and flare. I will say this most of our mental mistakes happened after he left the game. You could say the team kind of lost their way without their leader. I still say we win this game if he doesn’t get injured. That INT never happens if he is in there so we win the game. Sirriani also mentioned today how the TE, RB, and WR didn’t pass block well. Although Kelly was out JB is responsible for getting them in the right protections. You have to wonder if he had played the entire game if pass protection is better.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Nadine locked and unlocked this topic
  • Nadine unpinned this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...