Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jacoby Brissett Impressions (Perma Merge)

WarGhost21

16 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I wonder what people are going to do when we not only don’t take a QB but give JB another three or four year extension after this season.

i dont see that happening, feel free to quote this if im wrong, i doubt i will be

hes signed for next year already no need to pay him now

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Why would you want a guy that has a history of injuries. Somebody will take a chance but I would not be happy no matter how good he has shown to be. He has had multiple lower body injuries I believe. I don’t want drama anymore whether a QB can stay healthy.

It's a no risk move in the 2nd. I sure wouldn't take him in the 1st. We'd easily get back what we used (draft pick) in year 2 if we don't need him.

I wonder what people are going to do when we not only don’t take a QB but give JB another three or four year extension after this season.

If the performance improves, people will be happy. If we muddle through, and continue to be a fringe/average team, ticket sales will decline, which will impact Irsay's decision making.

We are about to get three WR back and will  really see what  the offense can do down the stretch if everyone stays healthy. 

Can't wait.

2 hours ago, EastStreet said:

My beef in the earlier post was with the narrative about the receiving unit being bad. 

If you think our receiving unit doesn't have serious and massive fundamental flaws, then there is no point in even having this conversation with you.

When you assess the WR unit on the ground (rather than the one we have on paper) there's not an awful lot to crow about.  That has to be factored into an assessment of the QB who has these targets to throw to.

There are a few people in our receiving unit that are not terrible.  Pascal, Doyle, Hines.  Ebron when his Michelin hands don't get in the way.  But if you try to suggest that we have a good pass catching unit, the only appropriate response is hysterical laughter.

1 minute ago, Imgrandojji said:

If you think our receiving unit doesn't have serious and massive fundamental flaws, then there is no point in even having this conversation with you.

Please explain to me how the unit last year with most of the same guys were 6th, and this year they are 25th.

Sure there flaws, as there was last year, but please enlighten me on the drop of 19 spots. 

Happy to have a factual discussion.

Sunday we  played 4 undrafted  free agents. Out of the six WR that started the season only 2 played Sunday. Considering what has happened to the WR group this year I think Jacoby has done fairly well. The fact pascal is a good three WR and he has had to play the number one tells you how hurt ‘this group is. We are about to find what the group can be. 

9 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Please explain to me how the unit last year with most of the same guys were 6th, and this year they are 25th.

Sure there flaws, as there was last year, but please enlighten me on the drop of 19 spots. 

Happy to have a factual discussion.

This is flat out false. We didn’t have Campbell or Cain last year. TY has been hurt this year.  Pascal and Rogers are not one and two WR like they have had to be this year. Cain and Campbell never played with Luck. Doyle has been used even more as a blocker in the run game.  The only case you have is with Ebron.

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Sunday we  played 4 undrafted  free agents. Out of the six WR that started the season only 2 played Sunday. Considering what has happened to the WR group this year I think Jacoby has done fairly well. The fact pascal is a good three WR and he has had to play the number one tells you how hurt ‘this group is. We are about to find what the group can be. 

We had Ebron, Doyle, Hines, Pacal, and Rogers playing, all of which were regular contributors in previous seasons. Bascially most of who we had last year except the #1 WR (TY). 

This is flat out false. We didn’t have Campbell or Cain last year. TY has been hurt this year.  Pascal and Rogers are not one and two WR like they have had to be this year. Cain and Campbell never played with Luck. Doyle has been used even more as a blocker in the run game. 

Chloe, try to follow along...

TY, Pascal, Hines, Rogers, and Ebron were core players in what was the 6th rated passing attack last year. We even added a healthy Doyle to the mix. The only subtractions were Inman (Pascal has been better this year than Inman last year), and Grant (who was addition by subtraction.... 

So the question is, who was that group 6th last year, and we have most of them this year and are 25th.

5 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

We had Ebron, Doyle, Hines, Pacal, and Rogers playing, all of which were regular contributors in previous seasons. Bascially most of who we had last year except the #1 WR (TY). 

You missed the point. Trying to make pascal and Rogers a number one and number two is going to kill you. Doyle got no targets Sunday because we are running the D ball.  Like the above post said it’s not worth a discussion when you can’t see how beat up the WR has been.

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

You missed the point. Trying to make pascal and Rogers a number one and number two is going to kill you. Doyle got no targets Sunday because we are running the D ball. 

I didn't miss anything... TY has only missed one game this year for JB thus far, while he missed 2 last year for Luck (and had many low snap count games). Rogers was #2 last year, and Pascal was #3, not to even include Hines and the TEs. Again, the same guys, 16 spot drop. The OL has also been stable 100% of the year, as opposed to only the last 2/3rds of last season.

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I didn't miss anything... TY has only missed one game this year for JB thus far, while he missed 2 last year for Luck (and had many low snap count games). Rogers was #2 last year, and Pascal was #3, not to even include Hines and the TEs. Again, the same guys, 16 spot drop. The OL has also been stable 100% of the year, as opposed to only the last 2/3rds of last season.

You fail to acknowledge all the things that might have played into everything. If JB is the starter next year and we still haven’t improved the passing game you will have a point. This year has been a getting to know you season for everyone. From coaches to the players on offense.  From injuries to the coaches and QB getting a feel for each other.  To keeping things simple so it doesn’t overwhelm a QB who was just handed the keys. Think of all the pressure that had to be on him after Luck retired. 

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

There is no guarantee that Tua will be ready by draft or ever

That was my point. He doesn’t have to be. If he is healing well and it doesn’t look like any long term ramifications they don’t need him to start. They have Rosen.  Maybe it’s not a risk they will be willing to take we will have to see.

4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

That was my point. He doesn’t have to be. If he is healing well and it doesn’t look like any long term ramifications they don’t need him to start. They have Rosen.  Maybe it’s not a risk they will be willing to take we will have to see.

Miami is a QB needy team 

The fans will not be happy

7 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

You fail to acknowledge all the things that might have played into everything. If JB is the starter next year and we still haven’t improved the passing game you will have a point. This year has been a getting to know you season for everyone. From coaches to the players on offense.  From injuries to the coaches and QB getting a feel for each other.  To keeping things simple so it doesn’t overwhelm a QB who was just handed the keys. Think of all the pressure that had to be on him after Luck retired. 

You forget that it was also the first year in the O and with the coaches for Luck, and also getting to know new pass catchers like Pascal, Ebron, Grant, Hines, and others.

I'm going to finish a stat break down for JB I started before injury (now that he's had 8 games). Please read that when I post, and let me know your thoughts. 

17 hours ago, Imgrandojji said:

Really, really doubt that door will open again.

Besides, NWIH the front office is anywhere near as anxious to move on from Brissett than this handful of fans seem to be.  They seem to have a fair idea what they have, and it's hard to deny that up to this point JB has been up to every task they've asked of him.

There's more to lose from displacing Brissett in favor of random shiny objects on the draft board than people seem to think there is.

I know he won't return...I was being facetious.

They don't have to move on from JB right now. He's here for next season...which is why drafting a QB makes perfect sense. In that scenario, they would be heding their bets.

17 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

You forget that it was also the first year in the O and with the coaches for Luck, and also getting to know new pass catchers like Pascal, Ebron, Grant, Hines, and others.

I'm going to finish a stat break down for JB I started before injury (now that he's had 8 games). Please read that when I post, and let me know your thoughts. 

And what will your stat breakdown prove? That Andrew Luck is a more talented QB?

GROUNDBREAKING STUFF!!!!! 

Here is mine, it only took me 30 seconds........

Through thier first 8 complete games as starter under Frank Reich.....

6-2 > 3-5

The end.

36 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

There is no guarantee that Tua will be ready by draft or ever

The QB needy teams can’t afford to take a risk

CBS Sports most recent mock draft has NE drafting him at #31...which I am guessing won't happen. But it is going to be very interesting to see where he ends up.

7 minutes ago, GoatBeard said:

And what will your stat breakdown prove? That Andrew Luck is a more talented QB?

6-2 > 3-5

The end.

Not entirely correct and incomplete.

9 minutes ago, GoatBeard said:

6-2 > 3-5

The end.

It's not a comparison vs Luck. It's simply an objective look at stats compared to the rest of the league in 2019. It will show WR/TE trending from 17, 18, and 19. Please feel free to ignore... 

FWIW, the first 6ish games in 2018 had no Mack/running game, musical chairs at OL, and plenty of injuries.... but you probably prefer no context right?

"The end" won't be written till the end of the year. 

16 minutes ago, GoatBeard said:

6-2 > 3-5

The end.

Think about the two games he has lost. Chargers game could of won if not for AV. The Oakland game the defense played like crap. He is a winner. I don’t need stats.

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

It's not a comparison vs Luck. It's simply an objective look at stats compared to the rest of the league in 2019. It will show WR/TE trending from 17, 18, and 19. Please feel free to ignore... 

FWIW, the first 6ish games in 2018 had no Mack/running game, musical chairs at OL, and plenty of injuries.... but you probably prefer no context right?

"The end" won't be written till the end of the year. 

No I prefer results, as in wins.

I couldn't care less where our receivers rank. 

Be careful......you sound like your making excuses. 

He had good special teams play.

Eric Ebron caught his passes. 

The defense was forcing more turnovers.

But let me guess, only the context that supports your opinion matters right?

Think about the two games he has lost. Chargers game could of won if not for AV. The Oakland game the defense played like crap. He is a winner. I don’t need stats.

Think of how frustrating it must be to claim we cant win and spending hours compiling stats to support your claim, all while we are actually winning more games?

Some cant see the forest for the trees.

4 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

With this injury will he leave Alabama    

I’d say depends on the prognosis. If, he does enter the 2020 draft, he won’t slide out of the 1st Rd. 

The big question is, would Ballard take him if he lasted until the Colts pick. 

Trivia question? Who was the last left handed QB for the Colts? 

15 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

Absolutely...take either one if they are there in the 2nd round. 

We might even be able to get a 1st for him in year 2 when he's back to health in a trade. Sounds like something Belichick would do.

1 minute ago, GoatBeard said:

You're right, I need more mumbo jumbo.

you already have plenty of that.... 

facts/data are your friends... don't be scared.

1 minute ago, MPStack said:

I’d say depends on the prognosis. If, he does enter the 2020 draft, he won’t slide out of the 1st Rd. 

In most cases if he drops past 15 he will have at least 1 “red shirt” year and lose money

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

We might even be able to get a 1st for him in year 2 when he's back to health in a trade. Sounds like something Belichick would do.

you already have plenty of that.... 

facts/data are your friends... don't be scared.

Stats alone are often not your friend 

Stats are just one piece of a giant pizza that is a players season

They are a great starting point but you must look at other factors like The Opposing D/O, Gameplan, and Game Location 

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Stats alone are often not your friend 

Stats are just one piece of a giant pizza that is a players season

They are a great starting point but you must look at other factors like The Opposing D/O, Gameplan, and Game Location 

Stats aren't everything, but over time they are the best comparative and objective data points. The opposing D is also stats based, and will be included in what I put out. Location is an obvious factor which folks can weigh on their own. Location is something all teams have to deal with and it's a wash over time. 

12 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Ol hefty lefty Jared Lorenzen i do believe. Rest in peace.

20 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Could as easily be 2-7, that’s the nature of scores decided by one game or less.

I think what you meant is you don’t understand the stats so you dismiss them. 

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Stats aren't everything, but over time they are the best comparative and objective data points. The opposing D is also stats based, and will be included in what I put out. Location is an obvious factor which folks can weigh on their own. Location is something all teams have to deal with and it's a wash over time. 

You keep saying they are objective, but they are just numbers, and numbers cant be objective. They are completely subjective. Your interpretation of the stats, and the conclusion you make based on them is what's called an opinion. That means they cant possibly be objective. 

And if they "arent everything", which you keep saying....why do you value them so much to the point it's almost all you post about? 

Because that's the only thing you say I actually agree with. 

20 minutes ago, GoatBeard said:

Think of how frustrating it must be to claim we cant win and spending hours compiling stats to support your claim, all while we are actually winning more games?

Some cant see the forest for the trees.

Sigh... 

Please go find the post where I said we “can’t win”, or even where I’ve called for Brissett to not be the incumbent etc etc. 

If we played to exactly the same qualitative level but didn’t get the same quantitative results (wins) I bet your outlook would be different. The point is, and has been, that teams playing like we do will come back to the mean at some point. Do you want to be a 8-8 team perennially?

25 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

There are lots of things that going into winning beyond a QB. You shouldn't be afraid to have an objective conversation conversation about performance....

Archived