Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts finish 5th in the league in rushing

zibby43

Before this season, Reich stated that he wanted a top 5 rushing attack.

He accomplished his goal.  Kansas City is ranked 22nd, so they will not jump Indy.  Neither will Green Bay at 15th.  San Francisco is already ahead of the Colts at #3.

1. Baltimore

2. Tennessee

3. San Francisco

4. Dallas

5. IND (133.1 yards per game)

This off-season, Reich has proclaimed that he wants to improve the passing offense.  The Colts successfully achieving Reich's top 5 rushing offense target inspires confidence that the Colts will at least dramatically improve the passing game next year. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

So much better than Pagano era. It was all too soon that we could never hit 100 yards rushing. We had Vick Ballard hit 100 yards rushing then a huge drought until Frank Gore hit it. I'm so glad that we have a competent GM that can draft players to put us in good position. Just need to keep stacking up elite talent.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, zibby43 said:

I’ve been using the entire season.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/rushing-yards-per-game

So was the NFL.com page.  Weird they should have different numbers.  Whatever.  

Your point was still valid.  Reich made it a mission to be a top running team.  Now he said they need to improve the pass game.  

Anything would be an improvement. 

• Like 1

I find it ironic the Colts for over a decade were renowned for their superb passing, but awful running. Now, we're the opposite! I understand when you run the ball more that detracts from passing attempts, but why oh why did Luck have to retire once we got a run game going?

And all 4 backs are young, would be nice if Mack improved his pass catching skills, Wilkins ypc was really impressive, Williams shocked me how good he played once healthy and give a shot. Hines should have better yards per catch with all his speed and elusiveness, that number hopefully jumps. Really good situation and our O line obviously deserves a ton of credit.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Thunderbolt said:

We need a beast of a running back that doesn't fall down when barely touched.  I think a 6-2 or 6-3 range and 230-240s lbs will complement the running attack with Mack and company...

We are just fine with the RBs we have. 

There are much more positions that are needed. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Stephen said:

If Brissett  starts next year we need to draft another beast rb

No matter who the QB is RB is not a big need. 

Ballard said he is always trying to improve every position but I imagine RB is not very high on his priority list. 

Naturally all teams want a beast RB but with out O-line we don't need one to be successful. 

8 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

No matter who the QB is RB is not a big need. 

Ballard said he is always trying to improve every position but I imagine RB is not very high on his priority list. 

Naturally all teams want a beast RB but with out O-line we don't need one to be successful. 

We may if Anthony  C retires 

8 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

If AC retires he will be replaced. That still has nothing to do with needing a RB over positions of more pressing need. 

If you can't  get a better qb then you must improve  rb more to account for it. Imagine  a henry and mack combo. Would be better than mack and hines or Wilkins 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stephen said:

If you can't  get a better qb then you must improve  rb more to account for it. Imagine  a henry and mack combo. Would be better than mack and hines or Wilkins 

Well I guess if we had a whole team of pro bowl players we might could get more wins. :sarcasm:

Just now, Stephen said:

49ers win in spite of garoppolo  so that could work lol

IMO Garoppolo is better than he is given credit for. He does what is ask of him and that includes putting the ball down field when needed. 

3978 YDs-27 TDs   That put him at 12th in the league. 

Just saying. 

58 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

IMO Garoppolo is better than he is given credit for. He does what is ask of him and that includes putting the ball down field when needed. 

3978 YDs-27 TDs   That put him at 12th in the league. 

Just saying. 

Yea , but if they had Mahomes  they might be undefeated