Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
runthepost

Titans vs Chiefs Game Thread

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, bluebombers87 said:

I’m torn actually. As much as I’d like to see Reid win it, really don’t wanna have the media drool over Mahomes. 


Did you feel that way about Peyton?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bluebombers87 said:

I’m torn actually. As much as I’d like to see Reid win it, really don’t wanna have the media drool over Mahomes. 

Why? He deserves it. I'm drooling over him right now. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, IinD said:

That's my view as well. 

The Mahomes worship will be next level if he wins it.

 

Would be annoying to me personally because how some QB's go years to get a SB or never play in one. Three years wasn't a 'journey' of any sort for Mahomes.

 

Let's go 9'ers for me the rest of the way. I don't think GB would be any challenge for KC.

Well.....if they win perhaps he's worthy of the worship!  He sure looks to be the real deal.

 

Now, having said that.. I'm for the Niners.

I so want Garopollo to hold up :lombardi:

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could we have a State Farm SB? I doubt it though, 49ers win it all is still my prediction.

 

I’m ready to move past the Peyton, Brady, Brees, Rodgers era and Mahomes is our best chance to help with it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, stitches said:

Why? He deserves it. I'm drooling over him right now. 

 

5 minutes ago, chad72 said:


Did you feel that way about Peyton?

Was thinking the same thing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gramz said:

Well.....if they win perhaps he's worthy of the worship!  He sure looks to be the real deal.

 

Now, having said that.. I'm for the Niners.

I so want Garopollo to hold up :lombardi:

Not me not going to give the Pat fans a chance to gloat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We will see how Mahomes does against maybe the best defensive team in the league (the 49ers) on a neutral field in the super bowl. 

Personally I don't see the packers beating the 49ers tonight. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Misery loves company, for some posters. Peyton took 9 years, Marino never won one, so everyone should suffer the same way. Never mind Brady and Big Ben winning in their first 2 years of starting and Brees and Flacco their first 5 years of starting.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Not me not going to give the Pat fans a chance to gloat

haha that's my main reason for wanting him to win.

 

Pat's should have never let him go. Now they're out.  Would love to see him win!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So good not to see BB and Brady hoisting the Lamar Hunt Trophy. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All Mahomes does for me is make me depressed.  I want a player like that. I could care less if he and Reid win a SB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gramz said:

haha that's my main reason for wanting him to win.

 

Pat's should have never let him go. Now they're out.  Would love to see him win!

He has the taint

 

   And they will find a way

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

All Mahomes does for me is make me depressed.  I want a player like that. I could care less if he and Reid win a SB.

Take a break then

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chloe6124 said:

All Mahomes does for me is make me depressed.  I want a player like that. I could care less if he and Reid win a SB.

So that's a reason to not celebrate what an incredible athlete he is?  :scratch:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay. Going over to Niners/GB thread now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gramz said:

So that's a reason to not celebrate what an incredible athlete he is?  :scratch:

I only wish I could fret over something so menial

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

All Mahomes does for me is make me depressed.  I want a player like that. I could care less if he and Reid win a SB.

 

EHD6254-BLACK-POST.jpg?1513127280

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just want to see how many Chiefs it takes to lift Andy Reid on their shoulders... I think the over/under is 2-1/2

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Gramz said:

So that's a reason to not celebrate what an incredible athlete he is?  :scratch:

He  isn’t on my team so I really don’t care. He could end up being the guy that stops us for years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, shakedownstreet said:

 

EHD6254-BLACK-POST.jpg?1513127280

Sometimes I have really tough days, but you guys always find a way to make me laugh! I’m glad we’ve got comical posters on this forum.

 

Oh, and congrats Andy Reid!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chloe6124 said:

He  isn’t on my team so I really don’t care. He could end up being the guy that stops us for years. 

I understand.  I just appreciate talent when I see it.  He has the talent.  It is what it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

He  isn’t on my team so I really don’t care. He could end up being the guy that stops us for years. 

TigerTown would be overjoyed  it was Indy or KC every year 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

I just want to see how many Chiefs it takes to lift Andy Reid on their shoulders... I think the over/under is 2-1/2

Hilarious!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, chad72 said:


Did you feel that way about Peyton?

You can’t compare the two.

 

Manning literally lifted this franchise out of mediocrity. He made players better by literally changing the way the position is played. He worked religiously with his receivers.

 

Mahomes inherited a team full of offensive weapons. He’s been given a good team and made them great. He had one great season and followed it up with a good one.

 

Lets wait before we anoint him as the greatest of his era. Also, he’s kind of a tool on the field.

57 minutes ago, stitches said:

Why? He deserves it. I'm drooling over him right now. 

See above.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

He  isn’t on my team so I really don’t care. He could end up being the guy that stops us for years. 

Hey we beat him once and we can beat him again so im not worried one bit Mahomes is really good but hes beatable too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gramz said:

I think Mahomes is the best QB in the league.

 

Probably not a popular opinion here, but it's my opinion.

I agree. He is the best QB as of right now. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pulling for KC in the SuperBowl.   Haven't been a 49rs fan since Steve Young.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

You can’t compare the two.

 

Manning literally lifted this franchise out of mediocrity. He made players better by literally changing the way the position is played. He worked religiously with his receivers.

 

Mahomes inherited a team full of offensive weapons. He’s been given a good team and made them great. He had one great season and followed it up with a good one.

 

Lets wait before we anoint him as the greatest of his era. Also, he’s kind of a tool on the field.

See above.

A team that has won how many home playoff games in the past 50 years? He’s 3-1 at home in the post season. He’s having by far the best start to any QB career and better than any QB has been in their first 2 years. This season he was on pace for 40 touchdowns before getting hurt which is still a great year. You may see a tool on the field but he’s a leader and shows emotion whether it’s excitement or disappointment like Peyton did. At least he hasn’t been filmed cussing out everyone on the sideline or telling a rookie to get out his huddle lmao

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, runthepost said:

A team that has won how many home playoff games in the past 50 years? He’s 3-1 at home in the post season. He’s having by far the best start to any QB career and better than any QB has been in their first 2 years. This season he was on pace for 40 touchdowns before getting hurt which is still a great year. You may see a tool on the field but he’s a leader and shows emotion whether it’s excitement or disappointment like Peyton did. At least he hasn’t been filmed cussing out everyone on the sideline or telling a rookie to get out his huddle lmao

What was the chiefs record the three previous seasons before he was a starter?

 

What adversity did he have to overcome?

 

And he very well may go down as one of the greats. But you can’t call him one of the greatest after two seasons. Remember Cam Newton? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

What was the chiefs record the three previous seasons before he was a starter?

 

What adversity did he have to overcome?

 

And he very well may go down as one of the greats. But you can’t call him one of the greatest after two seasons. Remember Cam Newton? 

Good regular season all over because of playoff melt downs lead by Alex Smith and Andy Reid. Adversity to overcome last year playoff lost, prove that last year isn’t a fluke . And Cam MVP season was well after his first 2 seasons. His MVP year isn’t better than Mahomes MVP year. I’ll say it again Mahomes first 2 seasons > any other QB.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, runthepost said:

Good regular season all over because of playoff melt downs lead by Alex Smith and Andy Reid. Adversity to overcome last year playoff lost, prove that last year isn’t a fluke . And Cam MVP season was well after his first 2 seasons. His MVP year isn’t better than Mahomes MVP year. I’ll say it again Mahomes first 2 seasons > any other QB.

The year before he took over from Smith they averaged over 25 points a game.

 

So his adversity is overcoming a game he lost by playing poorly? Also, it’s Mahomes fault when they win but it was Reid’s fault when they lost?

 

The point I was making with Cam Newton wasn’t to compare the two, it was highlight why we shouldn’t fanboy all over a player when they haven’t played more than two full seasons.

 

He COULD be the greatest of all time. He’s had the best start to a career. But it’s ones entire career that defines them as great, not their beginnings. RG3 had a very good start to his career as well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bluebombers87 said:

Y

 

Mahomes inherited a team full of offensive weapons. He’s been given a good team and made them great. He had one great season and followed it up with a good one.

 

Lets wait before we anoint him as the greatest of his era. Also, he’s kind of a tool on the field.

See above.

MaHomes is a great QB.   He has proven that.   I would say he is the best QB in the NFL right now.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bluebombers87 said:

You can’t compare the two.

 

Manning literally lifted this franchise out of mediocrity. He made players better by literally changing the way the position is played. He worked religiously with his receivers.

 

Mahomes inherited a team full of offensive weapons. He’s been given a good team and made them great. He had one great season and followed it up with a good one.

 

Lets wait before we anoint him as the greatest of his era. Also, he’s kind of a tool on the field.

See above.

 

I was comparing Mahomes to Peyton w.r.t the fact that people are dogging on him for being popular in a twitter/FB era where everything is magnified. Peyton was in every "cut that meat' commercial, Sprint "rocket arm" commercial, for having done what?? Finishing with a bunch of one and dones even when he had good teams around him?? That is what I was getting at, people embracing the attention that Peyton got because he was ours but cannot objectively do the same for Mahomes when he gets the attention. 

 

Mahomes has Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce along with a bunch of speedsters who can run go routes with serviceable RBs while Peyton had Marvin Harrison and Edge by year 2, and went 1-and-done in Year 2, the first year he finished 13-3. Mahomes is changing the way the game is played out of the pocket where a foot of separation is just enough with his laser arm. Yes, it looks like backyard ball but the awareness to realize man coverage is disguised as zone coverage to use his legs and take off is still a significant after-the-snap read improvement he has shown along with the ability to take check downs from Year 1 to his RBs despite his arm that could get 50+ yards, something Peyton took a while to realize in playoff football. Peyton had several physical limitations he made up with his cerebral aspect, it doesn't mean Mahomes' physical talent advantage should be held against him as not being one of the ways the QB position can be played. 

 

I feel both the Chiefs and Colts teams of Mahomes' era and Peyton's era so far are defensively deficient, with more weapons on the offensive side of the ball than defensive side of the ball with just enough guys to make plays on D. That is why, like the early Patriots, the 49ers will win the SB. Mahomes is still asked to do too much for that team.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Myles said:

MaHomes is a great QB.   He has proven that.   I would say he is the best QB in the NFL right now.  

He is taking his team to the 1st Super Bowl since 1970

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, chad72 said:

 

I was comparing Mahomes to Peyton w.r.t the fact that people are dogging on him for being popular in a twitter/FB era where everything is magnified. Peyton was in every "cut that meat' commercial, Sprint "rocket arm" commercial, for having done what?? Finishing with a bunch of one and dones even when he had good teams around him?? That is what I was getting at, people embracing the attention that Peyton got because he was ours but cannot objectively do the same for Mahomes when he gets the attention. 

 

Mahomes has Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce along with a bunch of speedsters who can run go routes with serviceable RBs while Peyton had Marvin Harrison and Edge by year 2, and went 1-and-done in Year 2, the first year he finished 13-3. Mahomes is changing the way the game is played out of the pocket where a foot of separation is just enough with his laser arm. Yes, it looks like backyard ball but the awareness to realize man coverage is disguised as zone coverage to use his legs and take off is still a significant after-the-snap read improvement he has shown along with the ability to take check downs from Year 1 to his RBs despite his arm that could get 50+ yards, something Peyton took a while to realize in playoff football. Peyton had several physical limitations he made up with his cerebral aspect, it doesn't mean Mahomes' physical talent advantage should be held against him as not being one of the ways the QB position can be played. 

 

I feel both the Chiefs and Colts teams of Mahomes' era and Peyton's era so far are defensively deficient, with more weapons on the offensive side of the ball than defensive side of the ball with just enough guys to make plays on D. That is why, like the early Patriots, the 49ers will win the SB. Mahomes is still asked to do too much for that team.

 

Where did I say I was digging him for his social media? 
 

Also, this revisionist history by today’s kids is annoying. Manning literally changed the way the game is played. His complete mastery of not only his playbook and offensive capabilities, but also the defense he was facing was unparalleled at that time, and still is in my opinion. Mahomes is “changing the way the game is played” by doing what countless QBs have done before but is athletic enough to make it work with better effect. That’s not changing the game, that’s called being blessed. He’s Russell Wilson 2.0 except Wilson more is humble.

 

And to compare the teams that both QBs inherited is laughable to the point that it clearly shows your bias. Manning took his team and made it great. Mahomes was given a good team and made them better, kinda. Yes both lacked defenses. Manning made all stars out of players where Mahomes has all stars like Watkins and Hill. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

Where did I say I was digging him for his social media? 
 

Also, this revisionist history by today’s kids is annoying. Manning literally changed the way the game is played. His complete mastery of not only his playbook and offensive capabilities, but also the defense he was facing was unparalleled at that time, and still is in my opinion. Mahomes is “changing the way the game is played” by doing what countless QBs have done before but is athletic enough to make it work with better effect. That’s not changing the game, that’s called being blessed. He’s Russell Wilson 2.0 except Wilson more is humble.

 

And to compare the teams that both QBs inherited is laughable to the point that it clearly shows your bias. Manning took his team and made it great. Mahomes was given a good team and made them better, kinda. Yes both lacked defenses. Manning made all stars out of players where Mahomes has all stars like Watkins and Hill. 


Maybe I got you confused with other posters who were digging on Mahomes for being popular and the fact media will drool over him even more if he wins a SB. Media was drooling over Peyton too, that was my point.

 

Again, you clearly, like a lot of folks, have a problem with Mahomes having a swagger about him when you brought up RW being humble. Most folks can’t handle people with explicit swag, they’d rather have smooth talking politician folks like Peyton, that’s purely my opinion. That undercurrent affects opinions about players and whether you agree or not, I firmly believe that’s true. But at least he’s nowhere Sherman was with the LOB.

 

Mahomes is not nearly the QB Peyton was but he’s getting there, and he’s improving every year and not just relying on his physical talents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, chad72 said:


Maybe I got you confused with other posters who were digging on Mahomes for being popular and the fact media will drool over him even more if he wins a SB. Media was drooling over Peyton too, that was my point.

 

Again, you clearly, like a lot of folks, have a problem with Mahomes having a swagger about him when you brought up RW being humble. Most folks can’t handle people with explicit swag, they’d rather have smooth talking politician folks like Peyton, that’s purely my opinion. That undercurrent affects opinions about players and whether you agree or not, I firmly believe that’s true.

Yea cuz he hasn’t earned the swagger. He took a team that was averaging already 25+ points a game and people, including people on this forum, act like he’s the second coming despite it being only his 2nd full year. We’ve seen far too many times players poop the bed after starting off darlings of the league.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, chad72 said:

 

I was comparing Mahomes to Peyton w.r.t the fact that people are dogging on him for being popular in a twitter/FB era where everything is magnified. Peyton was in every "cut that meat' commercial, Sprint "rocket arm" commercial, for having done what?? Finishing with a bunch of one and dones even when he had good teams around him?? That is what I was getting at, people embracing the attention that Peyton got because he was ours but cannot objectively do the same for Mahomes when he gets the attention. 

 

Mahomes has Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce along with a bunch of speedsters who can run go routes with serviceable RBs while Peyton had Marvin Harrison and Edge by year 2, and went 1-and-done in Year 2, the first year he finished 13-3. Mahomes is changing the way the game is played out of the pocket where a foot of separation is just enough with his laser arm. Yes, it looks like backyard ball but the awareness to realize man coverage is disguised as zone coverage to use his legs and take off is still a significant after-the-snap read improvement he has shown along with the ability to take check downs from Year 1 to his RBs despite his arm that could get 50+ yards, something Peyton took a while to realize in playoff football. Peyton had several physical limitations he made up with his cerebral aspect, it doesn't mean Mahomes' physical talent advantage should be held against him as not being one of the ways the QB position can be played. 

 

I feel both the Chiefs and Colts teams of Mahomes' era and Peyton's era so far are defensively deficient, with more weapons on the offensive side of the ball than defensive side of the ball with just enough guys to make plays on D. That is why, like the early Patriots, the 49ers will win the SB. Mahomes is still asked to do too much for that team.

 

As an aside to your point about hype:

 

Not saying that Mahomes doesn't possess the accuracy, but I see most of those backyard plays being the result of the receivers being wide open by finding an opening in the zone or running deep when he starts to scramble.  He has to see them, yes, but they also help him out a lot.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, DougDew said:

As an aside to your point about hype:

 

Not saying that Mahomes doesn't possess the accuracy, but I see most of those backyard plays being the result of the receivers being wide open by finding an opening in the zone or running deep when he starts to scramble.  He has to see them, yes, but they also help him out a lot.  

 

 

It is more Randall Cunningham arm like, IMO, but yes, he has to see them and hit them. But that is true of every QB-WR. He does lead them to the right shoulders in short throws, if you look closely at them. He uses every bit of his physical talents to the max. and even on that drop by Darwin Thompson, the RB who did not turn around for a hot read throw that hit him in his back, the QB read was right, the throw was right, but his RB was not on the same page because he was a rookie. Those are things I am curious to see get better with time with Mahomes as QB as he works with rookies too. 

 

It is like the long ball in baseball, everyone gets enamored with them but the base hits move the sticks, like first downs in football. Because Mahomes hits the long balls, they overshadow a lot of things he does underneath. For a 2nd year guy to build chemistry with Kelce who is thrown to as he comes out of the break, even that Tyreek Hill drop that he came out of the break, and same with Sammy Watkins for a crucial first down late in the game, he is still learning the position and I see improvement from Year 1 to Year 2 where he leads them right, IMO. So, no, the WRs are not wide open every single time till he manufactures time by moving back or moving sideways. It is like 10 yards back or 5 yards lateral, before a 30 yard throw for a 20 yard completion, that is his style, LOL. It is an adjustment for traditionalists, IMO, but once you adjust, it is enjoyable. At least it is to me. It was something we felt Luck could provide over Peyton, add that out-of-the-pocket element on top of the cerebral part but our OL issues early on made sure it was short lived.

 

Nothing against Tom Moore, but Andy Reid is a tad more creative play caller than Tom Moore was because of the motion he uses in the backfield. Tom Moore's offense was predicated on "we will line up the same way and run different routes out of the same formations based on how the pass catchers read the defense, which does require a lot of work between the QB and pass catchers". Andy Reid has far more motion incorporated in the back, and that is why they draft for speed they use for reverses far more than any of the playoff teams this year. In other words, Andy Reid's offense to me seems to be more motion schemes and less on perfection of execution while Tom Moore's offense was more reliant on perfection of execution, and when it was on, it was a well oiled machine and a thing of beauty to watch when Peyton was running it well. But it did not get there overnight, it took a few years.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Things are always changing, and the game is always changing.  No question about it, it's a different game than it was 40 years ago, even 20 or 10 years ago.

 

No secret that Peyton is/was/always will be my favorite.    I still never really feel the excitement I felt when watching him master a game!  There's nothing quite like it.

 

Having said that,  I am very impressed with Mahomes, and quite certain I would feel that same excitement if he was on our team.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, chad72 said:

 

It is more Randall Cunningham arm like, IMO, but yes, he has to see them and hit them. But that is true of every QB-WR. He does lead them to the right shoulders in short throws, if you look closely at them. He uses every bit of his physical talents to the max. and even on that drop by Darwin Thompson, the RB who did not turn around for a hot read throw that hit him in his back, the QB read was right, the throw was right, but his RB was not on the same page because he was a rookie. Those are things I am curious to see get better with time with Mahomes as QB as he works with rookies too. 

 

It is like the long ball in baseball, everyone gets enamored with them but the base hits move the sticks, like first downs in football. Because Mahomes hits the long balls, they overshadow a lot of things he does underneath. For a 2nd year guy to build chemistry with Kelce who is thrown to as he comes out of the break, even that Tyreek Hill drop that he came out of the break, and same with Sammy Watkins for a crucial first down late in the game, he is still learning the position and I see improvement from Year 1 to Year 2 where he leads them right, IMO. So, no, the WRs are not wide open every single time till he manufactures time by moving back or moving sideways. It is like 10 yards back or 5 yards lateral, before a 30 yard throw for a 20 yard completion, that is his style, LOL. It is an adjustment for traditionalists, IMO, but once you adjust, it is enjoyable. At least it is to me. It was something we felt Luck could provide over Peyton, add that out-of-the-pocket element on top of the cerebral part but our OL issues early on made sure it was short lived.

 

Nothing against Tom Moore, but Andy Reid is a tad more creative play caller than Tom Moore was because of the motion he uses in the backfield. Tom Moore's offense was predicated on "we will line up the same way and run different routes out of the same formations based on how the pass catchers read the defense, which does require a lot of work between the QB and pass catchers". Andy Reid has far more motion incorporated in the back, and that is why they draft for speed they use for reverses far more than any of the playoff teams this year. In other words, Andy Reid's offense to me seems to be more motion schemes and less on perfection of execution while Tom Moore's offense was more reliant on perfection of execution, and when it was on, it was a well oiled machine and a thing of beauty to watch when Peyton was running it well. But it did not get there overnight, it took a few years.

Agreed. 

 

Thinking about the hype, Mahomes isn't Mahomes because of those short passes though,the  chain movers.  He'd be thought of as just another QB if that's all he did.  He gets his hype from those backyard plays, and nearly every time they're converted; Watkins, Kelce, or Hill hardly ever have a defender within 3 yards of them, if not more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...