Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

Well, again it's what I would LIKE to see them do.  Besides, its only a couple of high dollar FA's really.  They got all that money and could if they wanted.  But you're right, history is not on my side in this one.  But it would be sweet!

We also have a lot extensions to do AC, Hilton, walker, Kelly, Mack, Leonard in a couple years.

• Like 1
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In Ballards press conf he stressed the importance of getting a 3-tech and how it’s a key to this defense   we may agree to disagree    I bet we get a 3-Tech with one of first 2 pic

I think CR91 is right is wanting a 1Tech DT. We really missed Woods early in the season. Having a big DT really helps out everyone else... if he demands 2 blockers every play then that means 1v1s for

Autry had 9 sacks the previous year. 5 this year. Also Stewart emerged as a pass rushers. We have dlinemen that can rush. What we don't have is someone to keep olinemen off our LBers

On 1/27/2020 at 10:48 PM, LockeDown said:

That’s an interesting point I haven’t heard anyone mention before. Smith to LT.  If he could handle it that would great.

Imo, Smith is the most underrated part of our line. Nelson gets all the praise for our re-vamped line, but Smith is a big reason as well.

On 1/28/2020 at 1:48 AM, LockeDown said:

That’s an interesting point I haven’t heard anyone mention before. Smith to LT.  If he could handle it that would great.

While I think it would work for the left side (primarily because Q is there), it would still be a step down, and we'd have a gaping hole on the right side. One way or another, they need to bring in another quality tackle. 

Even if AC stays, they need to add quality depth. I think the Clark experiment is over. Personally even if AC comes back, I'd bring in a FA T or draft in the late 2nd or 3rd. And if that works out, you could even push Smith in to G while the rook works at RT and preps for a move to LT in a few years. 

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

While I think it would work for the left side (primarily because Q is there), it would still be a step down, and we'd have a gaping hole on the right side. One way or another, they need to bring in another quality tackle. 

Even if AC stays, they need to add quality depth. I think the Clark experiment is over. Personally even if AC comes back, I'd bring in a FA T or draft in the late 2nd or 3rd. And if that works out, you could even push Smith in to G while the rook works at RT and preps for a move to LT in a few years. 

Could always experiment with Haeg at RT again, but I do agree we do need depth at T. I've been saying that for two off-season now. We got damn lucky no one on the line missed time because that never happens

• Like 1
14 hours ago, CR91 said:

Could always experiment with Haeg at RT again, but I do agree we do need depth at T. I've been saying that for two off-season now. We got damn lucky no one on the line missed time because that never happens

I really like Haeg. I think he's very underrated as interior depth, but I absolutely don't see him long term at T. Good for spot duty due to injury perhaps, but not as a starter. 

9 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I really like Haeg. I think he's very underrated as interior depth, but I absolutely don't see him long term at T. Good for spot duty due to injury perhaps, but not as a starter. 

Long term no I agree, but gives us stability until we could find a replacement. People have mentioned Conklin as an option if AC does retire. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Long term no I agree, but gives us stability until we could find a replacement. People have mentioned Conklin as an option if AC does retire. 

This year's depth at T is pretty nice in the draft. Given OL has the best AV of any position in the draft, I think we'll have some good options. There's OL I've seen mocked into the 2nd - 4th that are pretty darn good prospects. I just wish AC would stay 3-4 more, and give us a few more years before develop someone.

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

This year's depth at T is pretty nice in the draft. Given OL has the best AV of any position in the draft, I think we'll have some good options. There's OL I've seen mocked into the 2nd - 4th that are pretty darn good prospects. I just wish AC would stay 3-4 more, and give us a few more years before develop someone.

Regardless of what AC decides, we need depth at T. We are very thin at that position.

26 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Regardless of what AC decides, we need depth at T. We are very thin at that position.

I agree 100% that we need to address regardless of what AC does. To me though, if AC retires, we'll need to go OT with one of the 2s, and if he stays, we can look at more developmental guy in the 3rd through 5th. There's some later guys I really like an almost think they'll be better long term prospects than some of the early guys.

• Like 1