Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Recommended Posts

Colts Projected Cap Space 96.5

 

Resign

 

Castonzo - 3 year 36 mil 18 mil G

Sheard - 2 year 20 mil 10 G

Funchess 1 year 10 mil

Haeg - 3 year 15 mil 5 mil G

 

Cap Space 59.5 mil

 

Extend

 

Hilton - 4 year 60 mil 30 mil G

Kelly - 4 year 48 mil 25 mil G

Walker - 5 year 40 mil 20 mil G

 

Cap Space 24.5 mil

 

Cut

 

Hoyer - save 5 mil

Hunt - save 4 mil

 

Cap Space 33.5 mil

 

Free Agent

 

Michael Brockers 3 year 42 mil 14 mil G

Vance Mcdonald 2 year 15 mil 7 mil G

 

Cap Space 11.5 mil

 

Draft

 

Colts trade their 44th pick and next year 2nd with the Chargers

 

1. Justin Herbert QB Oregon

 

I think the past year has showed that Brisett's limitations especially with passes past 20 yards will keep the offense from being effective and not allow us to take advantage of Hilton and Campbell. Herbert has a beautiful deep ball and can actually move inside and outside the pocket.

 

2. Justin Jefferson WR LSU

 

Its a stretch yes, but there a lot of good WRs in this draft so he can fall to our redskin pick. Jefferson's had an amazing 2019 year as Burrow's top option and this allows him to grow with Herbert

 

3. Kyle Dugger S Lenoir-Rhyne

 

Small small prospect with huge upside at 6 2 215 and 4.4 speed. Gives us a replacement for Geathers and adds much needed depth to our secondary.

 

4. Matt Peart T Connecticut

 

I don't see the colts re-signing Clark so the colts will need oline depth. Peart has good size and durability and we know how much Ballard loves seniors.

 

5. Harrison Bryant TE Flordia Atlantic

 

I like Bryant as a project TE to learn from Doyle and Mcdonald. Played well in 2019 with 1000 yards and 7 scores.

 

6. Aaron Parker WR Rhode Island

 

Small school prospect with great size and a big stat line in 2019

 

6. Christian Rector DE USC

 

Rector will fall in the draft hard after a horrible 2019 season, but prior years he showed a lot of talent with 12 sacks the past prior seasons.

 

7. John Houston Jr ILB USC

 

Provides us with some LBer depth

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In Ballards press conf he stressed the importance of getting a 3-tech and how it’s a key to this defense   we may agree to disagree    I bet we get a 3-Tech with one of first 2 pic

I think CR91 is right is wanting a 1Tech DT. We really missed Woods early in the season. Having a big DT really helps out everyone else... if he demands 2 blockers every play then that means 1v1s for

Autry had 9 sacks the previous year. 5 this year. Also Stewart emerged as a pass rushers. We have dlinemen that can rush. What we don't have is someone to keep olinemen off our LBers

21 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

Another brave man

 

Herbert is a QB I would be happy with

 

but some questions

what about OT and 3-tech

 

   And but why would the chargers trade that pick when desperately need a QB?

 

I like Jefferson

 

I re-signed Castonzo, haeg, and drafted a T. We don't need a 3 tech. We need a 1 tech. Autry and Stewart can get to the QB. We need a clogger like Brockers to help our run defense.

 

Browns did it for years skipping on Watson and Mahomes

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

I re-signed Castonzo, haeg, and drafted a T. We don't need a 3 tech. We need a 1 tech. Autry and Stewart can get to the QB. We need a clogger like Brockers to help our run defense.

 

Browns did it for years skipping on Watson and Mahomes

 

haha:lol:lmao:funny::jump:

 

By far the funniest thing I've heard in all my life. I laughed harder than Ha-Ha Clinton Dix.

 

Our run-D was one of the tops in the league, 7 out of 32 teams despite having the smallest front 7. Passing D and pass rush were avenues that needed to improve.

 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/team/_/view/defense/season/2019/seasontype/2/table/rushing/sort/rushingYardsPerGame/dir/asc

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, rock8591 said:

 

haha:lol:lmao:funny::jump:

 

By far the funniest thing I've heard in all my life. I laughed harder than Ha-Ha Clinton Dix.

 

Our run-D was one of the tops in the league, 7 out of 32 teams despite having the smallest front 7. Passing D and pass rush were avenues that needed to improve.

 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/team/_/view/defense/season/2019/seasontype/2/table/rushing/sort/rushingYardsPerGame/dir/asc

 

Did you actually watch the game? Our line was pushed back with ease at times, but our secondary was suffering with injuries so teams passed more. Our run defense is a problem

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MikeCurtis said:

Another brave man

 

Herbert is a QB I would be happy with

 

but some questions

what about OT and 3-tech

 

   And but why would the chargers trade that pick when desperately need a QB?

 

I like Jefferson

I think they are going to sign Brady to be their QB.  I just read today that Rivers has sold his home in San Diego and is moving his family to Florida.  I can really see Brady to the Chargers happening.  JMO.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I think they are going to sign Brady to be their QB.  I just read today that Rivers has sold his home in San Diego and is moving his family to Florida.  I can really see Brady to the Chargers happening.  JMO.  

Getting rid of a 38 year old for a 43 year old.?

 

I see LAC going with Herbert

 

If they want Brady to mentor fine, but Brady is not the answer to LAC hole

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

I re-signed Castonzo, haeg, and drafted a T. We don't need a 3 tech. We need a 1 tech. Autry and Stewart can get to the QB. We need a clogger like Brockers to help our run defense.

 

Browns did it for years skipping on Watson and Mahomes

In Ballards press conf he stressed the importance of getting a 3-tech and how it’s a key to this defense

 

we may agree to disagree 

 

I bet we get a 3-Tech with one of first 2 picks

 

Its THAT important

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

Getting rid of a 38 year old for a 43 year old.?

Its not an age thing at that point. Your not looking for a long term QB your looking for one to get you to a super bowl right now. So age doesn't matter. If they think Brady could get them to a super bowl with the roster they have now then yea its a no brainer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

Getting rid of a 38 year old for a 43 year old.?

On the surface it doesn't make sense but Brady is playing better and they are in a win now mode.  Opening a new stadium with the GOAT would create a lot of excitement.  I wouldn't be surprised if Rivers sees it coming.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

In Ballards press conf he stressed the importance of getting a 3-tech and how it’s a key to this defense

 

we may agree to disagree 

 

I bet we get a 3-Tech with one of first 2 picks

 

Its THAT important

 

 

 

I think he was more upset about Tyquan Lewis missing so much time and being inefficient

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MikeCurtis said:

You may wish to go back to listen

 

Our needed 3 Tech is not on the roster

 

Autry had 9 sacks the previous year. 5 this year. Also Stewart emerged as a pass rushers. We have dlinemen that can rush. What we don't have is someone to keep olinemen off our LBers

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

Autry had 9 sacks the previous year. 5 this year. Also Stewart emerged as a pass rushers. We have dlinemen that can rush. What we don't have is someone to keep olinemen off our LBers

 

A) Autry is barely above 270 and not an early down guy. The 3 Tech needs an upgrade over Autry for early downs.

 

B) Stewart is a 1T and played there all season. The Colts could use another guy there too.

 

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BleedBlu8792 said:

 

A) Autry is barely above 270 and not an early down guy. The 3 Tech needs an upgrade over Autry for early downs.

 

B) Stewart is a 1T and played there all season. The Colts could use another guy there too.

 

 

 

 

And you can just move Stewart to the 3 with Brockers playing the one. Fixes our run defense and we can still rush the QB

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Aur

5 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

Autry had 9 sacks the previous year. 5 this year. Also Stewart emerged as a pass rushers. We have dlinemen that can rush. What we don't have is someone to keep olinemen off our LBers

I really hate to keep arguing with you 

 

you are an intelligent poster, but I think you are mistaken on this point

 

Last year means nothing

 

He had 3.5 Sacks THIS year

 

MOST draft analysts that I have read say that 3-tech is a top need for this team

 

I would say most of the fans on this board would agree with that

 

From the press conference I’d say that CB agrees with that as well

 

 

 

Lewis is fighting for a backup role 

 

We need Kinlaw or another top 3 tech to get 10 sacks and many pressures

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MikeCurtis said:

Aur

I really hate to keep arguing with you 

 

you are an intelligent poster, but I think you are mistaken on this point

 

Last year means nothing

 

He had 3.5 Sacks THIS year

 

MOST draft analysts that I have read say that 3-tech is a top need for this team

 

I would say most of the fans on this board would agree with that

 

From the press conference I’d say that CB agrees with that as well

 

 

 

Lewis is fighting for a backup role 

 

We need Kinlaw or another top 3 tech to get 10 sacks and many pressures

 

 

 

I appreciate that.

 

Not saying we don't need an upgrade. I just think our run defense is a bigger problem. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

And you can just move Stewart to the 3 with Brockers playing the one. Fixes our run defense and we can still rush the QB

 

Stewart has THREE total sacks.   How does he fix the pass  rush problem?

 

Two 1 techs will equate to less sacks

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

 

Stewart has THREE total sacks.   How does he fix the problem?

 

That's for early downs to stop the run. Autry would still be our main 3 tech on pass downs. Stewart has improved dramatically so he can stay in on run downs with Brockers then move back to the one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

Did you actually watch the game? Our line was pushed back with ease at times, but our secondary was suffering with injuries so teams passed more. Our run defense is a problem

 

Not even close to being factually correct.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

That's for early downs to stop the run. Autry would still be our main 3 tech on pass downs. Stewart has improved dramatically so he can stay in on run downs with Brockers then move back to the one.

As a side note

 

We finished 7th against the run and 30th against the pass per NFL.com

 

Pass rush would seem to be a MUCH bigger problem than run defense

 

i would agree that Stewart has improved

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, rock8591 said:

 

Not even close to being factually correct.

 

Did you watch the chargers game? the Titans game? The last game vs the jags? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

As a side note

 

We finished 7th against the run and 30th against the pass per NFL.com

 

Pass rush would seem to be a MUCH bigger problem than run defense

 

i would agree that Stewart has improved

 

Misleading. We had a ton of injuries in the secondary. Moore missed games as did Desir and hooker. Teams opt to throw, but we did have issues stopping the run when teams did run.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

Misleading. We had a ton of injuries in the secondary. Moore missed games as did Desir and hooker.

Well anyway. 
 

thanks for posting your mock
 

Mine was only .002 % correct.  :applause:

 

it will be interesting off season

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rock8591 said:

 

haha:lol:lmao:funny::jump:

 

By far the funniest thing I've heard in all my life. I laughed harder than Ha-Ha Clinton Dix.

 

Our run-D was one of the tops in the league, 7 out of 32 teams despite having the smallest front 7. Passing D and pass rush were avenues that needed to improve.

 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/team/_/view/defense/season/2019/seasontype/2/table/rushing/sort/rushingYardsPerGame/dir/asc

Misleading stat bout our run D. Teams just passed so effortlessly against the pass D, they didn't have run all that much

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

 

It doesn't work like that. And that would be about as ridiculous as them trying to make Tyquan a DT.

 

How so? The Rams did it with Suh and Brockers. Bucs did it with Suh and Vea. Two of the better run D's in prior seasons

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

 

Because Suh is a better athlete than Stewart. They aren't even in the same league.. come on man

 

Im not saying their the same player. I'm saying his big body next to Brockers can help our run defense then pass downs he'll move back to the one and bring in Autry

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

I not saying their the same player. I'm saying his big body next to Brockers can help our run defense then pass downs he'll move back to the one and bring in Autry

 

Ideally you don't want Stewart, nor Brockers, on the field on 3rd down. A guy like Kinlaw, 3T, fits better because he can play the run and rush the passer through all 3 downs. Stewart and Autry split the early and late downs with him. Getting another 1T doesn't do much to help the pass rush on the 3rd and obvious passing plays. That's why people, and myself, have said another 3T is way more important than another 1T guy like Brockers, and especially paying that much money for him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

 

Ideally you don't want Stewart, nor Brockers, on the field on 3rd down. A guy like Kinlaw, 3T, fits better because he can play the run and rush the passer through all 3 downs. Stewart and Autry split the early and late downs with him. Getting another 1T doesn't do much to help the pass rush on the 3rd and obvious passing plays. That's why people, and myself, have said another 3T is way more important than another 1T guy like Brockers, and especially paying that much money for him.

 

Did I say anything about them being on the field on third down? That's why you put your pass rushers on third down which Stewart showed this year he can do, but you need to control the LOS first which we didn't do all year hence why we need Brockers

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

Did I say anything about them being on the field on third down? That's why you put your pass rushers on third down which Stewart showed this year he can do, but you need to control the LOS first which we didn't do all year hence why we need Brockers

 

And I didn't either, however YOU keep insinuating Stewart is a passing rushing DT and he's not. He's not even an average one. *hint* That's why came off the field on 3rd downs... AGAIN, that's why getting another, better, 3T is more important.. 

 

The run defense suffered because Autry is out there early when he shouldn't be, our currently starting 3T

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

 

And I didn't either, however YOU keep insinuating Stewart is a passing rushing DT and he's not. He's not even an average one. *hint* That's why came off the field on 3rd downs... AGAIN, that's why getting another, better, 3T is more important.. 

 

The run defense suffered because Autry is out there early when he shouldn't be, our currently starting 3T

 

Did you watch Stewart? I'm not just talking sacks. Look at his pressures and hurries. He's getting better.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, FalseStart said:

Not a fan of the draft. Waste of our 13th and 34th picks. 
 

need two blue chip prospects in those positions. Not a Backup QB and a receiver or the like...we could probably get at 44 or 3rd round. 

 

You realize 1st round QBs don't stay backups for long right and there is no way Jefferson falls to the third round. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CR91 said:

 

Did you watch the chargers game? the Titans game? The last game vs the jags? 


Saw all 3 from beginning to end, our run D was more than good. Teams were never a threat to run the ball on us.

 

You might see 1 run in each game that was 10+ yards, most of the time, teams had trouble running on us when they did. Vast majority of all runs that I saw in the games were for 2-3 yards or less.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, rock8591 said:


Saw all 3 from beginning to end, our run D was more than good. Teams were never a threat to run the ball on us.

 

So running for 200 yards on us on opening day is good?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

So running for 200 yards on us on opening day is good?

 

Again false.

 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=401127972

 

125 yards. If you watched the game, you'll see most of those yards were outside the tackles, by scat backs.

 

The ONLY game where we struggled vs the run was the Raiders one, and that was when Hunt was starting, not Stewart.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, rock8591 said:

 

Again false.

 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=401127972

 

125 yards. If you watched the game, you'll see most of those yards were outside the tackles, by scat backs.

 

 

125 yards is still bad and not all the runs were outside. Not to mention Gordon didn't even play. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Why on earth would Ballard spend another 10 mil on Funchess when he got nothing out of him this past season? Injury or not that would be just stupid. 
 

And instead of paying Hilton that much over 4 years, Ballard would be wise to keep in mind his age. 
 

And Indy has to find impact players at DT and possibly OT. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • I posted some thoughts on PFF a few days ago, link below. I don't dislike them at all, but I think their work and its value is misrepresented quite often.    
    • This doesn't matter. If he isn't signed by training camp, it's a thing. Until then, no reason to worry about it.
    • Yep.  Found this article:   Negated bye weeks Teams should receive two benefits from a bye week. The first is their own ability to receive rest, rehab and prep. The second is their ability to have an edge in those benefits as compared to the opponent they next face. When Team A returns from a bye to play Team B, but Team B was also on a bye the prior week (or played Thursday the week before), it negates Team A’s edge in rest, rehab and prep.   Over the last decade, while the average team sees 1.8 negated byes out of 10, there are two teams that have seen 5 bye weeks negated. Meanwhile, 25% of the league hasn’t had a single bye week negated. We can’t have some teams with 50% of their bye weeks negated while other teams are playing without incurring it once. https://www.nbcsports.com/edge/article/offseason-research/teams-most-impacted-scheduling-inequalities   Quick view is that the negated week has not been good to us.
    • This is absolutely a thing, and I'm glad to see someone has broken it down. If you come off a bye to play another team that's coming off a bye, it negates any advantage you might get from your bye week. The other team is just as rested, etc. And the other factors broken down in Sharp's chart -- more/less rest than opponent, short week road games, etc -- the Colts are average or worse in all these areas.    I'm not a conspiracy theorist, I don't think the NFL has an agenda against the Colts, I don't complain about every perceived slight or disadvantage... but the schedule makers have a blind spot to some of these things, or just don't care, and it sucks.    I will add, though, that it's not a market/popularity thing. The Pats, Eagles, Seahawks and Giants have a lower overall rank than the Colts. But at least they get home primetime games...
  • Members

    • Nadine

      Nadine 6,746

      Administrators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • uniquicity

      uniquicity 0

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Superman

      Superman 9,641

      Moderators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Dogg63

      Dogg63 2,226

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • WentzinRome

      WentzinRome 97

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • cdgacoltsfan

      cdgacoltsfan 699

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • DougDew

      DougDew 2,778

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • krunk

      krunk 4,384

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Believe blue1306

      Believe blue1306 16

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • bravo4460

      bravo4460 566

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...