Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
BleedBlue4Shoe86

What Happens If....

So my question is what happens if Herbert, Love and Tua are all gone by our 13th pick. What would you like to see the Colts do with the 13th pick. 

Then the other question is what QB would you like to see them draft and when?

For me, if they are all gone by 13th, I’m taking a Javon Kinlaw or Derrick Brown or maybe a Ceedee Lamb if he dropped.

As far as a QB, I’m taking Anthony Gordon with the 34th pick. Outside of Herbert and Love, he is my favorite. Outside of him, I like Hurts at 44 or in the 3rd round. 

Probably kinlaw. I don’t even think I would take a QB if all of them are gone.  Eason might be the only other one that intrigues me. If there is a QB he loves he is going to have to move up to insure he gets them. A lot of teams move up for their franchise QB.

• Like 1

Just to nip this scenario in the bud, you sign Rivers or Dalton as a stopgap in FA at QB. If your scenario happens, take Brown, Epenesa, or Kinlaw in that order at 13. After that, draft Anthony Gordon at 44 and develop him for a year. Then see what happens in training camp with all 4 QBs and hope someone can break out.

• Like 1

At that point you have a litany of options. Fulton at corner, Delpit at SS, Epenesa possibly, and of course Kinlaw makes a lot of sense as well. Heck you could even trade back a little and take Tee Higgins.

8 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Just to nip this scenario in the bud, you sign Rivers or Dalton as a stopgap in FA at QB. If your scenario happens, take Brown, Epenesa, or Kinlaw in that order at 13. After that, draft Anthony Gordon at 44 and develop him for a year. Then see what happens in training camp with all 4 QBs and hope someone can break out.

Out of the short range of options we have to try and solve the QB question....this one probably is probably the wisest.... and at least Rivers or Dalton give us a "puncher's chance" at the division/playoffs as Ballard builds the rest of the team and Gordon can watch and learn.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

At that point you have a litany of options. Fulton at corner, Delpit at SS, Epenesa possibly, and of course Kinlaw makes a lot of sense as well. Heck you could even trade back a little and take Tee Higgins.

I like Tee Higgins, would be cool to move back a couple spots for him and pick up another 2 Rounder.

I really like Brown, Kinlaw and Yetur Gross-Matos a lot. I would be stoked with any of those 3 at our pick. I do like Tee Higgins, CeeDee Lamb, and Jerry Juedy but I think the only way I would be happy with one of them is if we move back a couple spots to pick up another 2nd round pick. Otherwise, I would eye Justin Jefferson with our #34.

• Like 1

Sorry to be Debbie downer but I am most interested in draft. So remove the thought that we have brought in a veteran QB. 

strictly stick to the scenario about the draft. 

• Confused 2

I’d prefer going Ceedee Lamb or Derrick Brown over Love, Tua, and Herbert anyways. 

• Like 1

I dislike this scenario but its a pretty possible one. But if this happens then i am trading back to pick up some picks for 2021 for ammo to move up after a QB. I would say we would fall back to the mids 20's and at the point I'd like Tee Higgins.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BProland85 said:

I’d prefer going Ceedee Lamb or Derrick Brown over Love, Tua, and Herbert anyways. 

Idk if Derrick Brown will be there. He’s a top 10 player on every big board.

Brown, Epenesa, Simmons, Jeudy, Kinlaw, Wirfs, Lamb... Dont care which QBs are drafted... Build that Defense and/or strengthen the Offensive line or Receiving core... No project QBs until round 3. QB in FA...sure. 

That QB risk (Lack of production next year(s)) is not worth the draft capital Ballard has built up. If more than one of those guys are available at our pick...Then I’m ok with trading back a couple slots...pick up another 2nd next year. 

i would probably trade back( or up to get a QB if it looks like they will be gone), maybe consider lamb

thats pretty early for a DT imo, they would need to be very very good for me to consider a one there.  i would not usually want a guard at 6 either but nelson was worth it, a dt would have to be on that level for me too

I’d rather just wait until the 2021 draft for a qb. Get best player available this year, probably would go dline first

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

So my question is what happens if Herbert, Love and Tua are all gone by our 13th pick. What would you like to see the Colts do with the 13th pick. 

Then the other question is what QB would you like to see them draft and when?

For me, if they are all gone by 13th, I’m taking a Javon Kinlaw or Derrick Brown or maybe a Ceedee Lamb if he dropped.

As far as a QB, I’m taking Anthony Gordon with the 34th pick. Outside of Herbert and Love, he is my favorite. Outside of him, I like Hurts at 44 or in the 3rd round. 

Burrow is the only NFL ready QB in this draft. We’re too far down to have a chance at him. So anyone else won’t be an upgrade at QB. I’d trade back a few spots grab a 2nd first rounder for next season, and then take a DT this year.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, tweezy32 said:

I’d rather just wait until the 2021 draft for a qb. Get best player available this year, probably would go dline first

What would you think of trading our 2020 1st rounder to let’s say Carolina (who’s going to be in a total rebuild and possibly a top ten pick next year) for their 2020 2nd and their 2021 first? That would give us 3 picks in the top 44 this year and ammunition to go after Trevor Lawrence next year.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 4192480 said:

What would you think of trading our 2020 1st rounder to let’s say Carolina (who’s going to be in a total rebuild and possibly a top ten pick next year) for their 2020 2nd and their 2021 first? That would give us 3 picks in the top 44 this year and ammunition to go after Trevor Lawrence next year.

I’d be all for that.  Actually, I’d even give them our 1st for their 3rd and next year’s first.  Doubt they’d do it, though.  I’d consider a straight up trade, our 1st round this year for their 1st round next year and just hope they’re terrible so we could get Trevor Lawrence or Justin Fields.