Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Did Ballard create to good of a locker room

Restinpeacesweetchloe

3 hours ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

Where is your proof that AV out kicked anyone where these competitions public, private. I believe it was to save face cause they already knew they were sticking with AV. 

Nonsense.

Right or wrong Frank and Chris went with who they thought had a better chance of winning. 

Using hindsight at the end serves no purpose. 

All I’ll say is that I think Ballard’s strategy as a GM is fluid, always changing and adapting. And I don’t take what he said in his presser as just media speak, seemed like he went off on that tangent unprompted.

I imagine he and Brian Decker will be having some interesting conversations in particular.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

All I’ll say is that I think Ballard’s strategy as a GM is fluid, always changing and adapting.

It'd better be fluid.

I don't really want to bang the Luck drum too much, but I'm 98% sure that Ballard took this job because filling in the gaps around Luck seem'd like a doable thing. Luck retiring has changed everything and now Ballard has to draft a QB- which is a substantial part of the culture. 

He's going to have a real track record soon.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

Where is your proof that AV out kicked anyone where these competitions public, private. I believe it was to save face cause they already knew they were sticking with AV. 

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2019/11/12/indianapolis-colts-bring-4-kickers-tryouts/2580759001/

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2019/09/17/what-you-need-know-six-kickers-colts-worked-out-tuesday-fry-hedlund-koo-joseph-mclaughlin-parkey/2338256001/

An article for Sept 17  and one from November 12.

As far as what you believe... well, I'm afraid there is no amount of proof that will prevent someone from believing their own made up narrative based on zero facts.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, The Fish said:

It'd better be fluid.

I don't really want to bang the Luck drum too much, but I'm 98% sure that Ballard took this job because filling in the gaps around Luck seem'd like a doable thing. Luck retiring has changed everything and now Ballard has to draft a QB- which is a substantial part of the culture. 

He's going to have a real track record soon.

yes and so far the team is going downhill while the others in our division are going up

I do expect Ballard to sign a few more FAs this year as we do need more senior leadership in the locker room. With Lucks' retirement he is forced to make a detour. Luck wasn't a real vocal leader but did his talking on the field with his actions. Might add it is very hard to be a vocal leader in the locker room if you can't back it up by your play on the field. That is why a crafty old veteran QB might not be bad for the team if he can still back it up with his play on the field.

I believe that Ebron became a cancer in the locker room this year. Hearing how he walked around the dressing room with his Ebron is the greatest tee shirts and his braggadocios attitude just didn't seem to fit Ballard's locker room. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dingus McGirt said:

???:spit:

FIFY = fixed it for you.

Please respect the OP = I changed 'have found' to 'of found' in honor of the OP, Chloe, who consistently uses 'of' instead of 'have' which tends to drive several other posters nuts. This was a bit more subtle, but goes to Nadine's admonishment in another thread that threads should tend to follow the intent of the OP. 

All said in jest, of course! :hat:

• Thanks 1