Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts

Recommended Posts

Here's the thing about playing QB.  You have a few seconds before the snap to read the defensive and put your offense in the best position possible.  Ball snapped, you basically have to process progressions, protection, and coverage in 3 seconds.  Then you have to delivery the ball accurately to the right read.  There is only a handful of people who can do that consistently.  If you are born with that ability, you can be coached on how to make it better.  But you cannot coach someone who doesn't already have it.  So I get so frustrated that year after year QBs come into the NFL and you hear they have everything physically needed.  They just need coaching.  But most of the time, they are missing that ability to process what I described above.  How many times do you read about a physically gifted player who is smart and eager to learn but never amounts to anything?  If it was just coaching, someone like that would always succeed.

 

My point is, you have to look how  a QB processes things instead of whether they have a huge arm or can run a 4.5.  So when I hear about guys like Love or Eason and hear they have all the ability but just need the right  coach, I shake my head because I don't think either will be that successful in the NFL.

Here's the thing about playing QB.  You have a few seconds before the snap to read the defensive and put your offense in the best position possible.  Ball snapped, you basically have to process progressions, protection, and coverage in 3 seconds.  Then you have to delivery the ball accurately to the right read.  There is only a handful of people who can do that consistently.  If you are born with that ability, you can be coached on how to make it better.  But you cannot coach someone who doesn't already have it.  So I get so frustrated that year after year QBs come into the NFL and you hear they have everything physically needed.  They just need coaching.  But most of the time, they are missing that ability to process what I described above.  How many times do you read about a physically gifted player who is smart and eager to learn but never amounts to anything?  If it was just coaching, someone like that would always succeed.

 

My point is, you have to look how  a QB processes things instead of whether they have a huge arm or can run a 4.5.  So when I hear about guys like Love or Eason and hear they have all the ability but just need the right  coach, I shake my head because I don't think either will be that successful in the NFL.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, coltsblue1844 said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/11654158/manning-leaf-1998-draft

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1009175-2012-nfl-draft-scouting-report-breakdown-analysis-of-stanfords-andrew-luck

 

 

"Arm Strength 

Going from a touch pass to a bullet is not always easy, but that is something that I look to do in an effort to * Luck's arm strength. This trait is one that is questioned the most by scouts because Luck does not have a great arm."  Peter King

 

https://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2012aluck.php

"Weaknesses:

Does not have top-level arm strength"

Thanks for sharing

 

Peter King is usually top notch

 

Walter Football gets writers from an eskimo tribes that dont watch football to give inputs .......They can tell you about the seal hunt......  but their coverage of American football is weak......AND.... TIED to 8000 advertisers that cause the load of their pages to take 10 mins each

 

 

 

 

Again, thanks for sharing

 

I dont think that you are putting Fromm in the same category as Manning (I hope)

 

Manning was a generational talent. He might have had an average NFL arm. But the package had him being a clear top 2 draft candidate. (some people liked the other guy, some people like Manning)\

 

I personally dont see that Fromm is remotely close overall to Manning

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, lennymoore24 said:

Here's the thing about playing QB.  You have a few seconds before the snap to read the defensive and put your offense in the best position possible.  Ball snapped, you basically have to process progressions, protection, and coverage in 3 seconds.  Then you have to delivery the ball accurately to the right read.  There is only a handful of people who can do that consistently.  If you are born with that ability, you can be coached on how to make it better.  But you cannot coach someone who doesn't already have it.  So I get so frustrated that year after year QBs come into the NFL and you hear they have everything physically needed.  They just need coaching.  But most of the time, they are missing that ability to process what I described above.  How many times do you read about a physically gifted player who is smart and eager to learn but never amounts to anything?  If it was just coaching, someone like that would always succeed.

 

My point is, you have to look how  a QB processes things instead of whether they have a huge arm or can run a 4.5.  So when I hear about guys like Love or Eason and hear they have all the ability but just need the right  coach, I shake my head because I don't think either will be that successful in the NFL.

Here's the thing about playing QB.  You have a few seconds before the snap to read the defensive and put your offense in the best position possible.  Ball snapped, you basically have to process progressions, protection, and coverage in 3 seconds.  Then you have to delivery the ball accurately to the right read.  There is only a handful of people who can do that consistently.  If you are born with that ability, you can be coached on how to make it better.  But you cannot coach someone who doesn't already have it.  So I get so frustrated that year after year QBs come into the NFL and you hear they have everything physically needed.  They just need coaching.  But most of the time, they are missing that ability to process what I described above.  How many times do you read about a physically gifted player who is smart and eager to learn but never amounts to anything?  If it was just coaching, someone like that would always succeed.

 

My point is, you have to look how  a QB processes things instead of whether they have a huge arm or can run a 4.5.  So when I hear about guys like Love or Eason and hear they have all the ability but just need the right  coach, I shake my head because I don't think either will be that successful in the NFL.

Your seeming to repeat yourself a bit  :)

 

You have some valid points

 

Pro QB is a tough tough position to play

 

Kids in college are used to being able to be a top athlete and do well.

 

The mind games being played presnap is tough..... is that breaking guy, REALLY open?

 

Is there a safety lurking?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, lennymoore24 said:

image.png.203eed3a076929aeffadbcdf03e9a4ab.png

When your only throwing to RB and throwing screen passes that isn’t hard to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

I hate to disagree with a fellow Colts fan. But the going sentiment (nfl talking heads) on Fromm is that he is a 2-3 Round QB

 

He had fantastic talent all around him with a stout OL and only completed 60%
 

That number will be harder to improve upon in the pros 
 

I personally don’t see an improvement over JB with From

 

 

But...... who knows?
 

If u look at the Colts.  They have a stout line.  They have young playmakers if they can stay healthy.  They have a very good running game.  Seems like a good time to insert a qb like Fromm or someone of his skill set

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Colt Overseas said:

I think this is quite interesting from Matt Miller.

 

 

I’ve been thinking the same thing about Higgins. He struggled in the playoffs against 2 teams with NFL level secondaries. Not sure how he’ll fair against actual NFL talent.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LockeDown said:

The more I read about Fromm the more I think the Colts value his traits. They already interviewed him and I bet he nailed that.  

 

If the Colts indeed went after Fromm in the draft, they should have no problem getting him in the 3rd or 4th round. He isn't viewed with the top QBs in this class. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MikeCurtis said:

Thanks for sharing

 

Peter King is usually top notch

 

Walter Football gets writers from an eskimo tribes that dont watch football to give inputs .......They can tell you about the seal hunt......  but their coverage of American football is weak......AND.... TIED to 8000 advertisers that cause the load of their pages to take 10 mins each

 

 

 

 

Again, thanks for sharing

 

I dont think that you are putting Fromm in the same category as Manning (I hope)

 

Manning was a generational talent. He might have had an average NFL arm. But the package had him being a clear top 2 draft candidate. (some people liked the other guy, some people like Manning)\

 

I personally dont see that Fromm is remotely close overall to Manning

 

I don't think anybody is making that comparison.  The point was that the media knock on both Manning and Luck was arm strength and deep ball.  The same knock is with Fromm.  That doesn't mean that Fromm's weakness isn't real, but at this point, the main criticism of him is the exact same criticism of Manning and Luck.  Other than that and height, every pundit agrees that Fromm is a very good QB.

 

Since I saw the video showing his arm strength, and frankly more mobility than I had thought, I would be happy to pick him at 13 if we couldn't trade down a few slots  Not convinced, but leaning to be happy if that happened. 

 

One thing is for sure, if Reich/Ballard pick him, we should not be concerned about what they see, IMO.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

If u look at the Colts.  They have a stout line.  They have young playmakers if they can stay healthy.  They have a very good running game.  Seems like a good time to insert a qb like Fromm or someone of his skill set

Fromm and Tua are probably the most NFL ready QBs at this time.  Burrow too.

 

I think Herbert, Love, and Eason are all higher ceiling types, but need some work before they could start and not be an incompletion/interception machine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

 

If the Colts indeed went after Fromm in the draft, they should have no problem getting him in the 3rd or 4th round. He isn't viewed with the top QBs in this class. 

Right.  But why?  If you read up on him, you see it’s only because of his size and not having a cannon. PFF were high on him as the most accurate QB in college plus other things that matter.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lennymoore24 said:

Here's the thing about playing QB.  You have a few seconds before the snap to read the defensive and put your offense in the best position possible.  Ball snapped, you basically have to process progressions, protection, and coverage in 3 seconds.  Then you have to delivery the ball accurately to the right read.  There is only a handful of people who can do that consistently.  If you are born with that ability, you can be coached on how to make it better.  But you cannot coach someone who doesn't already have it.  So I get so frustrated that year after year QBs come into the NFL and you hear they have everything physically needed.  They just need coaching.  But most of the time, they are missing that ability to process what I described above.  How many times do you read about a physically gifted player who is smart and eager to learn but never amounts to anything?  If it was just coaching, someone like that would always succeed.

 

My point is, you have to look how  a QB processes things instead of whether they have a huge arm or can run a 4.5.  So when I hear about guys like Love or Eason and hear they have all the ability but just need the right  coach, I shake my head because I don't think either will be that successful in the NFL.

 

Disagree I think you have to look at each prospect and decide if he can be taught, and if you have the ability to teach him, obviously picking a QB isn't a clear science but an easy comparison to counter (even though I don't believe in comparisons due to the argument above) is Mahome's report which said "Needs to improve anticipatory reads","Decision making can go from good to bad in a moment's notice", "Will leave pocket prematurely rather than standing in and winning in rhythm."

 

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/patrick-mahomes?id=2558125

 

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

If u look at the Colts.  They have a stout line.  They have young playmakers if they can stay healthy.  They have a very good running game.  Seems like a good time to insert a qb like Fromm or someone of his skill set

 

I don't think you draft a QB just because he ran a similar system to you last year.

 

 

Mainly when it comes to Fromm I need to see him at the combine and his pro day before I make a decision on him

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

Right.  But why?  If you read up on him, you see it’s only because of his size and not having a cannon. PFF were high on him as the most accurate QB in college plus other things that matter.

I will b shocked if Ballard moves up to grab a qb unless it is a spot or two.  To move up into the top 5 will cost a fortune.  This year's #1 plus maybe a 2nd rounder and next years #1. The price is very high if u want to move up close to the top 5.  Just look what the Jets gave us to move from 6 to 3. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

I’ve been thinking the same thing about Higgins. He struggled in the playoffs against 2 teams with NFL level secondaries. Not sure how he’ll fair against actual NFL talent.

 

I think the talent is there, but he just comes across as "soft" to me.. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2020 at 12:57 PM, Defjamz26 said:

K.J. Hill lighting it up. McLauren had an incredible rookie season. I’m really starting to think we drafted the wrong Ohio State receiver.

 

So, Hill is still in college.     McLauren was passed over by everyone severals times since he was drafted in th 3rd round....

 

And Campbell has played all of one year.

 

Thanks for that observation...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

Thanks for sharing

 

Peter King is usually top notch

 

Walter Football gets writers from an eskimo tribes that dont watch football to give inputs .......They can tell you about the seal hunt......  but their coverage of American football is weak......AND.... TIED to 8000 advertisers that cause the load of their pages to take 10 mins each

 

 

 

 

Again, thanks for sharing

 

I dont think that you are putting Fromm in the same category as Manning (I hope)

 

Manning was a generational talent. He might have had an average NFL arm. But the package had him being a clear top 2 draft candidate. (some people liked the other guy, some people like Manning)\

 

I personally dont see that Fromm is remotely close overall to Manning

 

 

Just because Luck didn't have the arm of Matthew Stafford,  doesn't mean he didn't have well above average arm strength.     

 

His arm strength is as good as Tom Brady, as Aaron Rodgers,  as Drew Brees and on and on....

 

Just because you strength isn't elite,  doesn't mean it isn't good enough....

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DougDew said:

I don't think anybody is making that comparison.  The point was that the media knock on both Manning and Luck was arm strength and deep ball.  The same knock is with Fromm.  That doesn't mean that Fromm's weakness isn't real, but at this point, the main criticism of him is the exact same criticism of Manning and Luck.  Other than that and height, every pundit agrees that Fromm is a very good QB.

 

Since I saw the video showing his arm strength, and frankly more mobility than I had thought, I would be happy to pick him at 13 if we couldn't trade down a few slots  Not convinced, but leaning to be happy if that happened. 

 

One thing is for sure, if Reich/Ballard pick him, we should not be concerned about what they see, IMO.

For me the main thing I can't get over with Fromm is not the arm strength althought I think you can see it in certain situations. The main things I dislike and I think will limit him in the league are:

-pocket presence - it's the worst from anybody in this class. It's horrible. He is statuesque in the pocket and has no feel or vision or ability to even try to avoid rusher unless it's the most obvious of situations, he doesn't step into the pocket, he doesn't sidestep rusher...he would just stay in there and try to deliver the ball from the platform he's initially dropped to. 

-inability to playmake - this ties into the pocket presence and armstrenght weaknesses too. Very little ability to make plays out of structure. If the pocket breaks, he's usually done, doesn't escape collapsing pockets and if it's one of the obvious cases where he actually sees it he doesn't have the armstrenght to make plays on the run and off platform.

 

I love a lot of the other things about him(leadership, accuracy on short to intermediate throws, anticipation, reading the field, smarts and command of the offense at the LOS, adjustments), but in today's NFL when defensive linemen have such athletic freaks and OLines are struggling to protect the QBs, IMO having the ability to navigate the pocket when it's workable or to leave it and make plays out of it when it's collapsing is very important. My worry is that those are fatal weaknesses that will manifest themselves in him not being able to show off his best attributes simply because in the NFL nobody is working with prestine pockets.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

I’ve been thinking the same thing about Higgins. He struggled in the playoffs against 2 teams with NFL level secondaries. Not sure how he’ll fair against actual NFL talent.

 

I feel like the combine will tell alot. I think he will only run in the mid 4.5s. He doesn't have great long speed. Im not sure about his short area quickness either, he flashes quickness in and out of his breaks in space when he is allowed a free release, but he often struggles to separate against press man. He does have great size and catch radius though. He is a tricky evaluation, he has so much production, but alot of it is against unranked teams. I can see why he could fall out of the first, in a deep WR class.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, stitches said:

For me the main thing I can't get over with Fromm is not the arm strength althought I think you can see it in certain situations. The main things I dislike and I think will limit him in the league are:

-pocket presence - it's the worst from anybody in this class. It's horrible. He is statuesque in the pocket and has no feel or vision or ability to even try to avoid rusher unless it's the most obvious of situations, he doesn't step into the pocket, he doesn't sidestep rusher...he would just stay in there and try to deliver the ball from the platform he's initially dropped to. 

-inability to playmake - this ties into the pocket presence and armstrenght weaknesses too. Very little ability to make plays out of structure. If the pocket breaks, he's usually done, doesn't escape collapsing pockets and if it's one of the obvious cases where he actually sees it he doesn't have the armstrenght to make plays on the run and off platform.

 

I love a lot of the other things about him(leadership, accuracy on short to intermediate throws, anticipation, reading the field, smarts and command of the offense at the LOS, adjustments), but in today's NFL when defensive linemen have such athletic freaks and OLines are struggling to protect the QBs, IMO having the ability to navigate the pocket when it's workable or to leave it and make plays out of it when it's collapsing is very important. My worry is that those are fatal weaknesses that will manifest themselves in him not being able to show off his best attributes simply because in the NFL nobody is working with prestine pockets.

 I just watched a video of him showing pocket presence, scrambling ability and he was pretty mobile. So He is obviously capable of it. It seems he keeps his eyes downfield till the last possible moment. Idk.
I also saw videos where he threw completions for 55 yards and one for 60. Anyway, Arm strength can also be helped. Learning to throw with your lower body. It’s the accuracy and processing stuff that too few QBs have and he seems to have it. He might not be a first rounder but I think he might be like Russel Wilson. A good QB that didn’t possess typical height, etc..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

 I just watched a video of him showing pocket presence, scrambling ability and he was pretty mobile. So He is obviously capable of it. It seems he keeps his eyes downfield till the last possible moment. Idk.
I also saw videos where he threw completions for 55 yards and one for 60. Anyway, Arm strength can also be helped. Learning to throw with your lower body. It’s the accuracy and processing stuff that too few QBs have and he seems to have it. He might not be a first rounder but I think he might be like Russel Wilson. A good QB that didn’t possess typical height, etc..

You can see separate instances where he escapes and delivers the ball downfield in a highlight video, but that's not the norm(like with other attributes it's not about absolutes - you can find film of most of those players doing almost anything (both good and bad)- the question is about the frequency and consistency of good vs bad, etc). Watch some full game cut ups(there are tons of them on YouTube) and you are going to see what I'm talking about. It's very visible with Fromm IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, stitches said:

For me the main thing I can't get over with Fromm is not the arm strength althought I think you can see it in certain situations. The main things I dislike and I think will limit him in the league are:

-pocket presence - it's the worst from anybody in this class. It's horrible. He is statuesque in the pocket and has no feel or vision or ability to even try to avoid rusher unless it's the most obvious of situations, he doesn't step into the pocket, he doesn't sidestep rusher...he would just stay in there and try to deliver the ball from the platform he's initially dropped to. 

-inability to playmake - this ties into the pocket presence and armstrenght weaknesses too. Very little ability to make plays out of structure. If the pocket breaks, he's usually done, doesn't escape collapsing pockets and if it's one of the obvious cases where he actually sees it he doesn't have the armstrenght to make plays on the run and off platform.

 

I love a lot of the other things about him(leadership, accuracy on short to intermediate throws, anticipation, reading the field, smarts and command of the offense at the LOS, adjustments), but in today's NFL when defensive linemen have such athletic freaks and OLines are struggling to protect the QBs, IMO having the ability to navigate the pocket when it's workable or to leave it and make plays out of it when it's collapsing is very important. My worry is that those are fatal weaknesses that will manifest themselves in him not being able to show off his best attributes simply because in the NFL nobody is working with prestine pockets.

I think Fromm simply needs a better publicity posse.  He needs the twitter world to pepper the air with his greatness.

 

Brady never was a "playmaker" (trendy label) either.  Brees not really.  Not Rivers.  Fouts.  Archie was, so is Deshawn (who scored 6 points on the accuracy drill at the probowl skills contest, and Lamar hit one of 15 targets...LOL).

 

Its one of those trendy labels that's being used to elevate the athlete who's playing QB into the idea that their athleticism is important.

 

I think's Fromm's smart enough to realize its the role of the athletes on the field to be the playmakers.  Qbs have a different role.  Scrambling is good.  Quickly get 6 yards and slide, play over.  It looks to me like he keeps his eyes down field too much waiting for something to break for a chunk play.  He might have to work on that.  Sliding in the pocket too.

 

Breaking a tackle to run sideways is nice, but it also opens up other risks, and limits the chunk play to only one half of the field, instead of maximizing the potential of getting a ball to a playmaker on the other side too. Staying in the pocket does that.  Staying in it for 5 seconds is better than leaving it after 3.  Again, he may have to take off sooner depending on the circumstances.  Luck stayed too long too. He stayed hoping a chunk play would develop.

 

Besides, in order for that to work, a team needs receivers who can slide towards the open spot.  No such thing as a QB single handedly "throwing a receiver open".  Another trendy label.  The receiver has to already be pointed that way.  They both have to know where the open spot is, so the ball can meet the hands at the proper point before the defender closes on that open spot that he knows is there too. 

 

Collapsing pockets have always been an issue.  For 30 years. Some QBs scramble, others make plays by staying there.  If not, throw the ball away and live for the next play.  A rookie may have to learn to dial down his competitive nature and give up the play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interested in Receiver/TE Harrison Bryant from Florida Atlantic.  Maybe 4th 5th rounder.  Probably not much info on him this week but he got an invite. 

 

Edit:  Just found something.  Also, higher than a 4th rounder it seems.

 

 https://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/20200123/nfl-draft-2020-florida-atlantic-tight-end-harrison-bryant-opens-eyes-at-senior-bowl

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

Just because Luck didn't have the arm of Matthew Stafford,  doesn't mean he didn't have well above average arm strength.     

 

His arm strength is as good as Tom Brady, as Aaron Rodgers,  as Drew Brees and on and on....

 

Just because you strength isn't elite,  doesn't mean it isn't good enough....

 

I don’t 100% agree with the poster.....

 

I asked for some links..... he provided 

 

These links are opinions NOT shared by everyone

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

I don’t 100% agree with the poster.....

 

I asked for some links..... he provided 

 

These links are opinions NOT shared by everyone

To be clear, nobody on this forum then, or now, thought PMs or ALs arm was weak.  Pre draft, or career.  I don't think anybody shared the medias opinion of their arms.

 

At the time, at least I, probably others, laughed at the pre-draft MEDIA folks for claiming the arm strength was suspect (in part, because RGIII had a fan club in the football media) 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

Just because Luck didn't have the arm of Matthew Stafford,  doesn't mean he didn't have well above average arm strength.     

 

His arm strength is as good as Tom Brady, as Aaron Rodgers,  as Drew Brees and on and on....

 

Just because you strength isn't elite,  doesn't mean it isn't good enough....

 

 

So true. Unfortunately, we live in this twitter and FB world, where everything is overanalyzed, and the slightest faults are magnified. No QB came without faults from college, no QB is playing without faults in the NFL, period. That is why football is a "team" sport where you try to get the high floor QB with the potential for a high ceiling on and off. When that high ceiling is kept in check by elite Ds, you need the team support on D and special teams to help your QB out with a slightly higher margin for error. Whether you do it via the draft and/or free agency, the goals are the same. 

 

The QB gets way too much credit and blame from fans and media, IMO, for team wins and losses. We all get suckered into it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who in the NFL has recently lost their starting position because they don’t have a strong enough arm to place the ball? Not many if any. Who has lost their job because they can’t make good reads? Most. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

Who in the NFL has recently lost their starting position because they don’t have a strong enough arm to place the ball? Not many if any. Who has lost their job because they can’t make good reads? Most. 

 

That is why I am hoping some of the coaches throw the kitchen sink w.r.t verbiage and understanding at the QB prospects at the Senior Bowl. Herbert seems to be that high floor prospect on that front to me. Love is the 4th best after Burrow, Tua and Herbert, in my book. Overall, I have no idea what each team places their board value for each.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As expected, I felt Gordon outplayed Love.  I think he is a better prospect. I hope Colts pick a WR or DT at #1 and then get Gordon later in draft.  Maybe at a WR at 34 and Gordon at 45 since I think he will move up on draft boards after Pro Day and combine.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/25/2020 at 7:37 PM, lennymoore24 said:

As expected, I felt Gordon outplayed Love.  I think he is a better prospect. I hope Colts pick a WR or DT at #1 and then get Gordon later in draft.  Maybe at a WR at 34 and Gordon at 45 since I think he will move up on draft boards after Pro Day and combine.

Everyone on this form knocked me liking Gordon. But on game day the guy delivers...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/24/2020 at 5:21 PM, Coffeedrinker said:

  here is from your article on Manning

 

 

 

And on Luck, does not have top level arm strength.  Again, not top level arm strength is not the same as inadequate arm strength.

 

Lastly, thanks for posting the articles. definitely showed me things I didn't remember.  But I did want to say, just because the draft "experts" say something does not make it true.

That portion that you bolded, was Polian's reaction due to the amount of people who said Peyton didnt have the arm strength!  So it proves my point that we shouldnt just believe everyting that the media says, when hyping up one prospect or detracting from another

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/24/2020 at 6:54 PM, MikeCurtis said:

Thanks for sharing

 

Peter King is usually top notch

 

Walter Football gets writers from an eskimo tribes that dont watch football to give inputs .......They can tell you about the seal hunt......  but their coverage of American football is weak......AND.... TIED to 8000 advertisers that cause the load of their pages to take 10 mins each

 

 

 

 

Again, thanks for sharing

 

I dont think that you are putting Fromm in the same category as Manning (I hope)

 

Manning was a generational talent. He might have had an average NFL arm. But the package had him being a clear top 2 draft candidate. (some people liked the other guy, some people like Manning)\

 

I personally dont see that Fromm is remotely close overall to Manning

 

Do i think that Fromm is Peyton Manning, obviously no.  What i was saying is simply that i feel he is being overlooked by the media hype train, because they want to hype the "next big thing" with the "live arm"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, coltsblue1844 said:

That portion that you bolded, was Polian's reaction due to the amount of people who said Peyton didnt have the arm strength!  So it proves my point that we shouldnt just believe everyting that the media says, when hyping up one prospect or detracting from another

Good point and I do agree that we shouldn't just believe (I'm changing your wording a bit) ANYTHING just because the media says so.

 

Again, my point was the difference for Fromm and Manning/Luck, even in the article you linked no one was questioning if Manning had a strong enough arm for the NFL, just that his arm strength was a weakness (and from some other articles I've read, there is speculation that was started by Leaf's agent and media being the media just parroted that rather than reviewing.  And I've also said, I don't necessarily believe the reports about Fromm's arm, just that is what is being reported.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Good point and I do agree that we shouldn't just believe (I'm changing your wording a bit) ANYTHING just because the media says so.

Definitely agree.  Until some news articles came out this past season about Ballard going to watch Love, none of the posters here (or very very few) had even heard of him, let alone thought he was such a cant miss prospect that we had to have!

 

Also, the way that Ballard likes to keep things so secretive on his draft plans, i'd almost be willing to bet that part of this was just to throw everyone off of who he may truly be interested in, and to get the hype going so that he will be overdrafted by someone else, while we still get the guy we wanted.

 

Do i think that Love could be a good NFL QB? sure, he might be...but there is just as much a chance that he is a bust or backup at best... none the less, there are so many on this board that think he is the 2nd coming, that it is going to be fun to watch the meltdown if/when we do not select him as our QB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, coltsblue1844 said:

Definitely agree.  Until some news articles came out this past season about Ballard going to watch Love, none of the posters here (or very very few) had even heard of him, let alone thought he was such a cant miss prospect that we had to have!

 

Also, the way that Ballard likes to keep things so secretive on his draft plans, i'd almost be willing to bet that part of this was just to throw everyone off of who he may truly be interested in, and to get the hype going so that he will be overdrafted by someone else, while we still get the guy we wanted.

 

Do i think that Love could be a good NFL QB? sure, he might be...but there is just as much a chance that he is a bust or backup at best... none the less, there are so many on this board that think he is the 2nd coming, that it is going to be fun to watch the meltdown if/when we do not select him as our QB.

The Colts did interview Fromm during senior bowl week as well.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, coltsblue1844 said:

Definitely agree.  Until some news articles came out this past season about Ballard going to watch Love, none of the posters here (or very very few) had even heard of him, let alone thought he was such a cant miss prospect that we had to have!

probably true but personally i dont follow college qbs in general unless i think the colts need one. 

 

especially true when we have someone like andrew luck 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...