Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colin Cowherd and guests talk more on Justin Herbert

20 minutes ago, CR91 said:

It's a pipe dream unless we trade up

You never know. A lot can happen in FA and when these players start talking to teams. One or two things happen. Chargers take Love or Herbert. One should then be there for the colts. He could have a great interview with the colts and a bad one with another team. Chargers could decide to stay with Rivers a few more years and upgrade the oline. Panthers I don’t think will be selecting a QB.  Personally I like Loves upside better anyway. Oakland is the team that picks right before us I am worried about taking a QB.

38 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

So trade up I say.  This is no time to fool around and gamble that your guy drops.  Too many teams need a QB.  This off season calls for a bold and decisive decision at QB.  

I'm all for getting Herbert, but Ballard doesn't seem like the type to give up a boatload of picks

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Don’t sleep on Herbert. I’m not worried about him going to the Chargers. I think Carolina is the team that would take him. 

I think there is a good chance the panthers wait a year to draft a QB. I think Rhule will wait a year and see what he has and if can Cam stay healthy.  He is on record as saying he likes Grier when he coached against him in college. Especially with having Luke K retire. If Simmons is there he might be a good replacement.

44 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Don’t sleep on Herbert. I’m not worried about him going to the Chargers. I think Carolina is the team that would take him. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Carolina doesn't find a way to ship Cam off, and roll with Grier/Allen next year. With either of those 2 QB's, I think they could end up being bad enough to be in the running for one of the top 2 spots. Fields would be a good fit for them with McCaffery.

2 hours ago, CR91 said:

I'm all for getting Herbert, but Ballard doesn't seem like the type to give up a boatload of picks

I don't think it would take a boatload of picks to move up to the Chargers at 5.  Probably our 13, 34 and maybe a 6th rounder.  That's the spot I would look at.  We would still have our own 2,3,4, and 5 and I think even a 6 and 7.  We have extra picks this year.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, richard pallo said:

I don't think it would take a boatload of picks to move up to the Chargers at 5.  Probably our 13, 34 and maybe a 6th rounder.  That's the spot I would look at.  We would still have our own 2,3,4, and 5 and I think even a 6 and 7.  We have extra picks this year.  

You think that would be the compensation to move up to # 5?  

You can keep the 6th round pick. But then you would have to throw in a 2021 first rounder as well and likely more on top of that. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, coltsfanatic24 said:

I’m not surprised by this. Herbert was being held back by Oregon offense and will completely dominate his pro day and combine. His game will translate to the league. He will be able to start day one. We will be lucky if he falls to 13. 

I don’t see him getting there

the Dolphins may go with him over Tua

14 hours ago, CR91 said:

Yeah, but you got the Washington pick for free along with the free picks from the Jets, so things sort of even out.  That's how you would have to look at it.  

13 hours ago, richard pallo said:

I doubt one 2nd round pick will be enough. I would package our second round pick and a second next year

12 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I doubt one 2nd round pick will be enough. I would package our second round pick and a second next year

Who knows but Bleacher Report just published an article listing the teams who they think would move up or back in the draft.  They have the Colts as a team that would move up to get a QB if the guy they liked fell out of the top picks.   I'm really starting to think that we could make that move. 

18 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Who knows but Bleacher Report just published an article listing the teams who they think would move up or back in the draft.  They have the Colts as a team that would move up to get a QB if the guy they liked fell out of the top picks.   I'm really starting to think that we could make that move. 

a very common fandom mistake is predicting anything based upon what you read on bleacher report. 

I am sure Ballard will look and feel things out.

I am not going to let his past dictate on what I think he will do in the future. 

This may be the one time Irsay may have some influence on finding a QB because of Luck's retirement. No one really knows at this point?