Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Would you support signing Tom Brady on a 1-year deal?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I cannot even imagine a universe in which this would happen.  There's too much drama between pat and colts fans. If Brady came here, I think the forum might implode and suck us all into an alternate r

F that guy...

Brady, Rivers, Bridgewater, Eli Manning, Dalton, Winston     Now, Derek Carr......    

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

Facts are facts.  Andrew Luck is one of the most exciting failures we've ever had

Luck was not a failure. The 4 seasons he played we were considered in the mix and the teams record proved that.

Just because you have a hate for him does not mean he is a failure as a Colt. 

We were winners with him but don't let that get in the way of your opinion. 

4 hours ago, Imgrandojji said:

Facts are facts.  Andrew Luck is one of the most exciting failures we've ever had

Like I said, I'm not turning this into an Andrew thread

i would support brady but i dont think he would ever come here now

good luck selling his family on the idea, they were trolled hard over deflate gate

not sure the team is good enough to really get his attention either, would that make us clear super bowl contenders?  

1 hour ago, midwest said:

I am sure many Broncos fans felt the same about taking a Peyton Manning who had not played and many thought was on the decline.  Now all they have to show for it is a Super Bowl banner every time they go to a home game.

What does that have to do with the Colts signing Brady? 

IMO absolutely nothing. 

If the Patriots don't end up signing him to a 1 year contract, then obviously they think he has nothing left to give. Why in the world would we want him. The Brady Era is over, people need to quit remembering him the way he use to be and face the reality of his best playing days are over.

It happens to all of the great ones. Time catches up to every athlete.  

• Thanks 1

Yeah he's pretty good. With our o-line and if we get a few more pieces in our D and WR corps, that is a pretty damn good team that can go far in the playoffs. And if it doesnt work at some point, it would be easy to seperate ways on a one year deal.

14 hours ago, horseshoecrabs said:

If the Patriots don't end up signing him to a 1 year contract, then obviously they think he has nothing left to give. Why in the world would we want him. The Brady Era is over, people need to quit remembering him the way he use to be and face the reality of his best playing days are over.

It happens to all of the great ones. Time catches up to every athlete.  

you make it sound like he was bad this year.  he threw 4000 yards, 26 TDs, low interceptions and had a high rating

he wasnt playing like an all time great this year but he was better than what we have.  maybe the patriots do want him back but brady doesnt like the terms or wants to test the market

NE does not have great skill players at this point either 

Tom Bray stats for 2019

First 8 games   Last 8 games

Record                             8-0                    4-4

YPG                                  281                   225

Passer Rating                96.5                  81.7

I would be concerned that he has reached a point where a whole season is too much.  Also what will the price be?  A really expensive aging Brady?  I just don't see the point.  I don't see him taking us to a SB victory so I don't know why we would want to drop a bunch of cash on him.  Does anyone really think he wants to come to Indy for a bargain price to play on a middle of the pack team that is trying to rebuild?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Welp, at minimum, you'll know their grade. And you can read up on anyone you might target on NFL.com prospect tracker if you feel like researching a bit. They have profiles for pretty much every top 300+ kid.
    • Agree that he would likely have been cut last year - whether he would have wound up on our PS or getting picked up elsewhere, I don't know for sure.     As we saw last year, the D 'Flus is running very rarely is a true 4-3 with 4 DL, 3 LBs, 4 DBs - instead, we're using 4 DL and more often 2 LBs with 5 DBs (or less often 1 LB and 6 DBs).   My guess with Ballard not making much effort going after A-Walker is that we'll typically see Leonard and Okereke in 2 LB situations and that they've got confidence in Speed to use him in 3 LB situations.  If not, Franklin (though he had the most ST snaps on the team) is pretty adequate at LBer if needed as a backup.  Adams and Glasgow were used entirely on STs last year and I get the feeling Glasgow sort of carved out a niche for himself as a STer moving forward (i.e., unless drastic emergency, we won't see him on the field as a LBer but he'll be likely to keep a roster spot).     I won't be shocked to see Ballard pick up a LB in the draft or bring in some UDFAs to battle for roster spots.  Heck, I won't be shocked to see him bring in a vet FA if the price is right.  It appears we should be set at LB, though Leonard has missed a game or more to injury each of his 3 years and Oke didn't seem to show much improvement between year 1 and 2.     As I see it now, without any significant additions, Skai has a legit shot to beat out Adams since he probably fits the mold on what we're trying to do on D a bit more and Adams was used entirely as a ST guy last year (i.e., Moore basically needs to outcompete Adams for ST reps or be near him with a bit more upside as a back-up defender).     I still rank OT, Edge, TE, WR as clear needs over LB.  Not as clear, but I have secondary as a bigger need than LB right now, too -- so I won't be shocked if we address the LB position in the draft, but agree that having Moore back gives us the option to go towards one of those positions instead of LB if the BPA is pretty close between a LBer and an aforementioned position.   One thing that'll be interesting to me is how Ballard and the coaching staff treat the guys who opted out.  Obviously we have no idea how conversations went with those players who opted out, and I don't know all their motivations for doing so (I believe Tell had a sick grandmother or something like that)... but I know Ballard doesn't like guys who he thinks opt not to play for their own benefit over that of the team (e.g., saying Ebron quit on the team with a minor ankle injury that Ebron elected to get season ending surgery on instead of toughing out the last 5-6 games two seasons ago).  If Ballard believes (as you somewhat eluded to) that Moore opted out rather than getting cut, I can see Moore being let go pretty early -- if Moore gave Ballard a legit reason to opt out, I hope Moore has kept himself in shape and is ready to ball out, as he seemed like a very solid playmaker at S. Carolina during his college years.       Ballard and Flus both said last year that Speed is as physically gifted as any LB on our roster.  I think it was known he was a project since being drafted -- coming from a small school with limited LB experience (he was a QB in HS, converted to WR as a freshman at Tarleton State, then from WR to DE and eventually DE to LB).  He made a few big time plays on STs last year and in his limited action at LB, he looked fine to me (hard to judge, as most of his LB action was in garbage time).  My gut tells me the coaching staff has seen enough of him that they're pretty confident in what he can do at LB and I'm excited for it -- TBH, just athletically with him, Leonard and Oke we have to have one of the more purely athletic group of LBs in the league (e.g., what we may lose a pure FB player in AW, we probably make up for with Speed's pure athletic ability).     In terms of Tell, I am excited for him.  He seemed to do well in his chances as a rookie and it's impossible to say, but my guess is with some of Ya-Sin's struggles last year, we may have seen Tell take over the CB2 role across from Rhodes by the mid-point of last season.  That said, I'm not giving up on Ya-Sin - I think he'll improve and will be a solid player, especially if we can generate a bit more pass rush.  I know one thing Ballard liked about Tell from day 1 was his ability to play CB or S if need be giving his size, range and athleticism.  Personally, I like Blackmon more as a SS than FS and don't dislike the idea of Tell lining up at FS, Blackmon as SS and Willis lining up in the box against TEs.  
    • Well I won't know who the hell they are anyway :-)  
    • Our goal for the mock is to make it super easy, and super quick, so folks can have a painless experience. As long as you show up 5-10 minutes before your pick to see what is available, you'll be on for no longer than 15min.   As far as needs are concerned, you don't have to follow anything if you don't want. If you get the Colts in the lottery, feel free to take a WR at 21, or even trade up :-) and get one earlier.
    • Sounds good. I'm a computer/tech ill* (my own word, supposed to sound like illiterate), I'll try not to screw it up when draft time comes.   Only disagrement I have with your Colts needs is I think we need a clear alpha WR or TE to take the next step, so I'd put that in the Primary slot. Otherwise, I see it the way you do for the most part.
  • Members