Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Would you support signing Tom Brady on a 1-year deal?

42 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

Facts are facts.  Andrew Luck is one of the most exciting failures we've ever had

Luck was not a failure. The 4 seasons he played we were considered in the mix and the teams record proved that.

Just because you have a hate for him does not mean he is a failure as a Colt. 

We were winners with him but don't let that get in the way of your opinion. 

i would support brady but i dont think he would ever come here now

good luck selling his family on the idea, they were trolled hard over deflate gate

not sure the team is good enough to really get his attention either, would that make us clear super bowl contenders?  

1 hour ago, midwest said:

I am sure many Broncos fans felt the same about taking a Peyton Manning who had not played and many thought was on the decline.  Now all they have to show for it is a Super Bowl banner every time they go to a home game.

What does that have to do with the Colts signing Brady? 

IMO absolutely nothing. 

If the Patriots don't end up signing him to a 1 year contract, then obviously they think he has nothing left to give. Why in the world would we want him. The Brady Era is over, people need to quit remembering him the way he use to be and face the reality of his best playing days are over.

It happens to all of the great ones. Time catches up to every athlete.  

• Thanks 1

Yeah he's pretty good. With our o-line and if we get a few more pieces in our D and WR corps, that is a pretty damn good team that can go far in the playoffs. And if it doesnt work at some point, it would be easy to seperate ways on a one year deal.

14 hours ago, horseshoecrabs said:

If the Patriots don't end up signing him to a 1 year contract, then obviously they think he has nothing left to give. Why in the world would we want him. The Brady Era is over, people need to quit remembering him the way he use to be and face the reality of his best playing days are over.

It happens to all of the great ones. Time catches up to every athlete.  

you make it sound like he was bad this year.  he threw 4000 yards, 26 TDs, low interceptions and had a high rating

he wasnt playing like an all time great this year but he was better than what we have.  maybe the patriots do want him back but brady doesnt like the terms or wants to test the market

NE does not have great skill players at this point either 

Tom Bray stats for 2019

First 8 games   Last 8 games

Record                             8-0                    4-4

YPG                                  281                   225

Passer Rating                96.5                  81.7

I would be concerned that he has reached a point where a whole season is too much.  Also what will the price be?  A really expensive aging Brady?  I just don't see the point.  I don't see him taking us to a SB victory so I don't know why we would want to drop a bunch of cash on him.  Does anyone really think he wants to come to Indy for a bargain price to play on a middle of the pack team that is trying to rebuild?