Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Thunderbolt said:

Herbert or Fromm 1st pick, since Ballard likes to build a team thru the draft especially on most important position on the team.

I see that you like Fromm a LOT

 

I think if the Colts want him he could be had for 3rd round

 

I don’t see Fromm as a guy I would count on personally but I am surely no expert

 

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Thunderbolt said:

Herbert or Fromm 1st pick, since Ballard likes to build a team thru the draft especially on most important position on the team.

I could see herbert or love at 13 if CB is really sold on them, Fromm i see available with our 3rd pick overall. I would not mind getting kinlaw. But if Lamb was there at 13 i say we have to take him over DT( i think we have a better chance signing a DT than a WR in FA

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gigc said:

Quick. Name Superbowl QBs

 

Now name Superbowl DTs.

 

I want a QB

Quick......

 

 

What Super Bowl Lock QB is available at 13?
 

I would love to know that......

 

 it’s a lottery.
 

 Some teams have tried 5 times before they get a PLAYOFF QB.  Let alone a SB QB

 

I’m sure we will get at least 1 in the first 2-3 rounds

 

we can always rush up to take Fromm or Eason at 13 just to say

 

 “we got a QB!!!”

 

But......  we would be the laughing stock of the league.... and we would be trying for another QB next year

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Man if Derrick Brown is there and Love and Herbert are too that’s tough. You’re not going to find another perfect fit 3T DT like that easily. 
 

Kinlaw I really like but he’s not can’t miss at 13.

A QB is going to win you more games then a DT.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

Quick......

 

 

What Super Bowl Lock QB is available at 13?
 

I would love to know that......

 

 it’s a lottery.
 

 Some teams have tried 5 times before they get a PLAYOFF QB.  Let alone a SB QB

 

I’m sure we will get at least 1 in the first 2-3 rounds

 

we can always rush up to take Fromm or Eason at 13 just to say

 

 “we got a QB!!!”

 

But......  we would be the laughing stock of the league.... and we would be trying for another QB next year

 

 

 

It's ALL a lottery. name me a Superbowl DT available at 13.

i'd rather gamble on a QB --- within reason --- than on a DT. 

By the way, love your handle. Mad dog should be the HOF.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Gigc said:

It's ALL a lottery. name me a Superbowl DT available at 13.

i'd rather gamble on a QB --- within reason --- than on a DT. 

By the way, love your handle. Mad dog should be the HOF.

Within reason is the key statement 


Which is really the point I am trying to make in regards to taking a QB

 

I don’t want to take a second round or third round graded  QB at 13 and pass on an excellent DT candidate (Like Kinlaw)


I had a Mike Curtis poster on my wall growing up..... He was great but probably will be a cut below HOF

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I want a QB as bad as anybody, but IMHO there are only 2 QB's I'd take at #13, and I expect both to be gone: Burrow and Tua.  So in that vein, I've always subscribed to BPA that fits a need.  DT is not usually sought after as high as position players like QB and WR, and Derrick Brown, by most accounts, is a top 5 talent in this draft.  Due to the likely run on QB's, and if he is still somehow there at #13, I would RUN to the podium to take this guy if I'm Chris Ballard.  How long has it been since we've had a TRUE 2-way guy like that from the middle?  He can stop the run and he can rush the passer.  When I watch him I see him just below a guy like Donald, and that would totally change the feel of the defense, perhaps in the same way that Nelson did for the offense.  Remember when people said guard is too high to draft at #6?  Where are those people now?  I think this guy's impact can be just as good for the defense.

 

I want a QB too, but I'm not about to REACH for one just because it's a need.  And there's always FA.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

I want a QB as bad as anybody, but IMHO there are only 2 QB's I'd take at #13, and I expect both to be gone: Burrow and Tua.  So in that vein, I've always subscribed to BPA that fits a need.  DT is not usually sought after as high as position players like QB and WR, and Derrick Brown, by most accounts, is a top 5 talent in this draft.  Due to the likely run on QB's, and if he is still somehow there at #13, I would RUN to the podium to take this guy if I'm Chris Ballard.  How long has it been since we've had a TRUE 2-way guy like that from the middle?  He can stop the run and he can rush the passer.  When I watch him I see him just below a guy like Donald, and that would totally change the feel of the defense, perhaps in the same way that Nelson did for the offense.  Remember when people said guard is too high to draft at #6?  Where are those people now?  I think this guy's impact can be just as good for the defense.

 

I want a QB too, but I'm not about to REACH for one just because it's a need.  And there's always FA.

THIS GUY.....

 

Knows what he is talking about

 

Bravo.......

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

I want a QB as bad as anybody, but IMHO there are only 2 QB's I'd take at #13, and I expect both to be gone: Burrow and Tua.  So in that vein, I've always subscribed to BPA that fits a need.  DT is not usually sought after as high as position players like QB and WR, and Derrick Brown, by most accounts, is a top 5 talent in this draft.  Due to the likely run on QB's, and if he is still somehow there at #13, I would RUN to the podium to take this guy if I'm Chris Ballard.  How long has it been since we've had a TRUE 2-way guy like that from the middle?  He can stop the run and he can rush the passer.  When I watch him I see him just below a guy like Donald, and that would totally change the feel of the defense, perhaps in the same way that Nelson did for the offense.  Remember when people said guard is too high to draft at #6?  Where are those people now?  I think this guy's impact can be just as good for the defense.

 

I want a QB too, but I'm not about to REACH for one just because it's a need.  And there's always FA.

 

Do you think there is going to be more QBs without ??? where we draft next year?  Without the top pick, or at the very least a top 5ish pick we are always going to be "reaching" for a QB who is not a sure thing.

 

Why is it people who don't want to reach/take a chance for a Qb always point to FA.  Do you really see a good option for QB in FA; it almost never happens.  Elite DL hit FA way more often ... they may be expensive but they are much easier to acquire in FA than an elite QB.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, esmort said:

 

Do you think there is going to be more QBs without ??? where we draft next year?  Without the top pick, or at the very least a top 5ish pick we are always going to be "reaching" for a QB who is not a sure thing.

 

Why is it people who don't want to reach/take a chance for a Qb always point to FA.  Do you really see a good option for QB in FA; it almost never happens.  Elite DL hit FA way more often ... they may be expensive but they are much easier to acquire in FA than an elite QB.

No, I think there are always going to be questions and risks to draft picks.  But I'm not about to reach and take like the 4th or 5th best QB available just because I feel we need one when the best DT on the board is staring me in the face (or WR, or.....).  

 

I'm not the GM and I don't know what they are thinking or how they have guys ranked, but IMHO Burrow and Tua are the only QB's I would have a 1st round grade on just from what I've seen.  If neither are available, then I'd defer to subsequent rounds for a QB.  Of course if one happened to be there you take them and don't look back.  I HIGHLY doubt that will be the case.  And no, the FA QB market is not good this year.  I'm not of the opinion that an old guy like Brady, Brees, or Rivers is the answer either.  This doesn't rule out a trade of course (Derek Carr perhaps?).  Whatever they are able to get in FA is also going to help determine which direction they go in the draft.

 

Bottom line is I'm looking for difference-makers no matter the position.  Besides, franchise QB's are NOT only drafted in the first round.  Granted, chances are greater they will be good, but there are cases of guys playing in the league right now that weren't first rounders.  Heck, look no further than this weekend's NFC Championship game and Jimmy G.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

A QB is going to win you more games then a DT.  

A star qb is a gamble a dt is more likely the sure thing star qbs hit from all over the draft. Its enviroment and team around them that matter. We have a good team and coaching staff JB failed give someone anew chance while improving the sorrounding cast. We need DT CB WR and depth. Maybe a LT I feel the draft is better for linemen, young and healthy help in the trenches alot. I feel cb is a posistion free agency could be better for.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

A star qb is a gamble a dt is more likely the sure thing star qbs hit from all over the draft. Its enviroment and team around them that matter. We have a good team and coaching staff JB failed give someone anew chance while improving the sorrounding cast. We need DT CB WR and depth. Maybe a LT I feel the draft is better for linemen, young and healthy help in the trenches alot. I feel cb is a posistion free agency could be better for.

Well until any player actually starts and plays they are all a risk.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

A star qb is a gamble a dt is more likely the sure thing star qbs hit from all over the draft. Its enviroment and team around them that matter. We have a good team and coaching staff JB failed give someone anew chance while improving the sorrounding cast. We need DT CB WR and depth. Maybe a LT I feel the draft is better for linemen, young and healthy help in the trenches alot. I feel cb is a posistion free agency could be better for.

Maybe throw one more DE in for competition.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Actually if you look at the entire picture since the divisions got re-aligned in 2002 we would be the only team out of the 4 teams (others being the Texans, Titans, and Jags) that have even been relevant. Those other teams have never even played in a SB (Titans did in 1999) but I am talking since the AFC South was formed. We have been to 2 SB's and won 1. No other teams have ever been scared of the Texans, Titans, or Jags I would be safe to say but when we had Peyton that were scared poopless to face us and even when we had a healthy Luck teams were scared as well. In 2018 when we won the playoff game at Houston with Luck that showed everyone that we were the better team when healthy. Houston was loaded that season with Watson, Hopkins, Watt, and Clowney and the game was over at halftime with Luck healthy.   As long as we make the playoffs it doesn't even bother me that we don't win the division. A lot of teams that win their division stink it up in the playoffs. I would rather make a Title Game or a SB than win my division if I had to choose between the choices. 
    • Based on this, we can actually get the Browns' 1st rounder No.26 and pick No.91 for our pick No.21 if we move back just 5 spots, I like it     I have read Rich Hill's articles on PatsPulpit. He is good with numbers. Of course, there will always be a Patriots bias on a Patriots SB Nation article, especially when there are gray areas for interpretation but the quality of his numbers he puts out is a good one. Similarly, I like Scott Kacsmar articles too.    Ultimately, in trades, two hands need to be willing to clap based on a value agreed. The rest is pundit and draft day fan speak fodder.
    • There have been times in the recent years, where the secondary looked confused and out of position. I hope this coach can eliminate those mistakes. Maybe it was just that the players were young or not used to playing together. 
    • If he plays bad and we start something like 1-4, this forum will implode. Rivers was good this past season for a 38 yr old, Luck was very good when he played, Peyton was a top 3 QB of all-time, who knows what we have here in reality? Can Wentz play at least as good as Rivers did or will he be like JB = a .500 QB?? 
    • Drafting Montez Sweat would have been Sweet instead of trading down. Hopefully, Rock and Banogu develop and show something in 2021.
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...