Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Coffeedrinker

For Peyton Manning fans

Recommended Posts

That was a great moment, although it still bothers me to see “former Broncos quarterback,” :Cry: I know it was at a Nuggets game but still just doesn’t sit well with me. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Found this clip, most have probably seen it but I thought it was pretty cool and typical Peyton.  I mean it's one thing to sign the ball but then to pass it to the mascot gave him something he will be telling his friends for a long time.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x85eQDa2JDk

I'm going to a Nuggets game this weekend.  I wonder if he has season tickets.  Manning... we were blessed to have our own "cheat mode" back in the day!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I miss Peyton! My wife and are expecting another baby in June and I was finally able to convince her to name this baby Peyton boy or girl.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HOZER said:

That was a great moment, although it still bothers me to see “former Broncos quarterback,” :Cry: I know it was at a Nuggets game but still just doesn’t sit well with me. 

I can't lie as well, that one will always bother me.

I had zero doubt in my mind Peyton's stat line when he retired would've been.....

 

1998-(until he couldn't do it anymore)

Team: Colts

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, IinD said:

I can't lie as well, that one will always bother me.

I had zero doubt in my mind Peyton's stat line when he retired would've been.....

 

1998-(until he couldn't do it anymore)

Team: Colts

We made the right move getting rid of Peyton. We were in total rebuild mode, had a stud like Luck coming in, and Peyton would've been stuck playing behind a bad O.Line. We did Peyton a favor letting him go, he found Denver and got that 2nd SB ring as a starter that so many do not have. Only 12 QB's in 54 SB's have won 2 or more. Peyton got it and retired a winner too which never happens.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, HectorRoberts said:

I miss Peyton! My wife and are expecting another baby in June and I was finally able to convince her to name this baby Peyton boy or girl.

I didn’t think of that angle.

The indianapolis school teachers must be having a heck of a time with 7 or 8 Peytons in EACH class.

And those are just the GIRLS !

 

35% of student’s names ought to be Peyton by now.  No?

 

just kidding.  If i was having a son, it would be hard to ignore Naming Peyton.

 

Personally, I would go with Antonio Banderas {insert last name here}.  Rolls right off the tongue.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We made the right move getting rid of Peyton. We were in total rebuild mode, had a stud like Luck coming in, and Peyton would've been stuck playing behind a bad O.Line. We did Peyton a favor letting him go, he found Denver and got that 2nd SB ring as a starter that so many do not have. Only 12 QB's in 54 SB's have won 2 or more. Peyton got it and retired a winner too which never happens.

Oh I 100% agree it was the perfect time to make a move (wish we had that type option when Luck moved on), I'm talking strictly sentimentally having Peyton for his entire career.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am of the belief that Manning asked to be released.  He knew he only had 3 or 4 more years left and did not want to be part of the rebuild he knew Grigs needed to do.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he can still throw it like that, he'd probably add 3-4 wins to any team's record that he starts for now. :thmup:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2020 at 7:02 PM, Coffeedrinker said:

Found this clip, most have probably seen it but I thought it was pretty cool and typical Peyton.  I mean it's one thing to sign the ball but then to pass it to the mascot gave him something he will be telling his friends for a long time.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x85eQDa2JDk

Thanks for sharing.   Fun Stuff, and Marshall and Mosley are getting big!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I am of the belief that Manning asked to be released.  He knew he only had 3 or 4 more years left and did not want to be part of the rebuild he knew Grigs needed to do.

 

I totally believe Irsay had a mutual agreement with this and I'm still more than satisfied with how everything worked out and glad it worked out the way it did for Manning. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

 

I totally believe Irsay had a mutual agreement with this and I'm still more than satisfied with how everything worked out and glad it worked out the way it did for Manning. 

Totally agree.  It hurt when it happened, but I really think because Irsay let him go, Peyton not wheelchair bound.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2020 at 8:24 PM, Gramz said:

Thanks for sharing.   Fun Stuff, and Marshall and Mosley are getting big!

You and I think alike, Gramz.  The first thing I noticed were the two people sitting next to him and thought " woah!  No way are those are his kids.  Are they already that old??! ", haha.

 

Still waiting for Peyton to find his way to a permanent career in the broadcasting booth.  Great ambassador and spokesperson the league.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2020 at 12:49 PM, Coffeedrinker said:

I am of the belief that Manning asked to be released.  He knew he only had 3 or 4 more years left and did not want to be part of the rebuild he knew Grigs needed to do.

probably wont be a popular comment but we could have kept peyton,  and traded luck(for a lot), accelerating the rebuild 

 

not sure that would have been enough to get another ring with peyton but we would probably have a better team now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

probably wont be a popular comment but we could have kept peyton,  and traded luck(for a lot), accelerating the rebuild 

 

not sure that would have been enough to get another ring with peyton but we would probably have a better team now

If the Colts Line couldn’t protect Luck from injury, imagine them protecting Peyton???  We can’t change history.  What has happened, has happened...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jimmy g said:

If the Colts Line couldn’t protect Luck from injury, imagine them protecting Peyton???  We can’t change history.  What has happened, has happened...

 

 

the kidney and calf injures had nothing to do with the line, you could blame them for the shoulder though he also hurt it snow boarding 

 

its obviously a done deal just throwing out a hypothetical 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

probably wont be a popular comment but we could have kept peyton,  and traded luck(for a lot), accelerating the rebuild 

 

not sure that would have been enough to get another ring with peyton but we would probably have a better team now

 I was in favor of this back then.  Not sure how it would have turned out, but the team would be different.  There were teams offering their whole draft+ for the Luck pick.  Cleveland and another.  We could have negotiated a Hershal Walker type trade.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Steelers are in a worse cap crunch case and need to be within 30% of CBA resigning players this year.  NT/weak-side Javon Hargrave would help part of our DL issue and is better vs the run than Chris Jones and would cost less to obtain in FA.     By all calculations on team-based needs Brown and Kinlaw should be draft early leaving Gallimore available for us to select in Round 1.  Autry is our weakest DL and biggest disappointments this past season.  Gallimore in college has a history of forcing a fumble or two,  getting to QBs and even been credited with PBUs.   Houston was a great FA addition at weak-side and continues to play strong be it a 3-4 or 4-3 base defense.  In Round 2 I would like to see us address our SS or even TE but would not mind adding more depth on the edge with Jonathan Greenard (Florida).  Greenard would help add depth to our weak-side rotating with Houston who is a FA after the upcoming year.  Enjoyed watching Greenard's game tape vs Miami and him punching the ball out.  Maybe it was the turnover chain motivation but the kid is good FFs and defending passes.  Just the awareness to not only make game tackles but mental aspect to look for ways to create turnovers at the same time playing full speed has Greenard on my radar to pick.  Greenard should hear his name called early in Round 2.   The other edge player who has caught my eye as of late is the Michigan State walk-on Kenny Willekes.  Willekes insanely high motor and ultra-competitive played both weak/strong side with success FFs and PD.  Willekes I figure will go Rounds 2-3.   Adding and upgrading our IDL to force more inside pressure on QBs will help our edge players when the QB gets flushed out of the pocket.  
    • Maybe not that, but he got waffled upside the head by a gym machine today!  https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.tmz.com/2020/02/20/antonio-brown-gym-accident-video/?ved=1t%3A45442      
    • What is your bar for a high draft pick going on year three? (DE)    Are you satisfied with a Turay just being depth player? 
    • That's a pretty high bar. So he has to have at least 10 sacks to impress you
    • There are more than 25 WRs rated 6.0 or higher this year, so not really worried if the 15-20 are gone by 75. I think 15-20 is pretty unlikely as 20/75 would mean that 27% of all picks are WRs (WRs only make up 11% of starters).... I also think there will be several quality X WRs still available at 75, which IMO is our biggest WR need.
  • Members

    • Dokken

      Dokken 3,651

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • OhioColt

      OhioColt 33

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • #12.

      #12. 1,770

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Jdubu

      Jdubu 1,356

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • JR Indy

      JR Indy 86

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • pacolts56

      pacolts56 3,822

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Indyfan4life

      Indyfan4life 1,281

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • EastStreet

      EastStreet 3,551

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • CR91

      CR91 9,405

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • bluebombers87

      bluebombers87 636

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...