Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Alex Smith Is Visiting The Phins Today

JTcardscolts

Just heard one espn radio the Smith is gonna visit the Dolphins today.

I wonder if this means Jim H. gave him a heads up that Peyton will be a 9er next season, and he should start looking for another job.

Also the 9ers signed Manningham last night, their receiving corp is starting to look good.

Peyton with that group = deadly.

Thats the best chance for manning to win another SB or 2 or 3 ....

I also had heard the 49ers signed Manningham at WR too ... they are stocking up on weapons for Manning!

I can't stop thinking about the potential with Peyton and Vernon. We Colts fans know better than anyone how Manning uses a fast TE. To add to that, Davis is just now hitting his mark and becoming what everyone hoped he would.

I really feel for Alex Smith.

Poor guy after all these years of struggle , got it together with Jim finally last year.

Now, enter Peyton Manning, he is running around for a job.

I bet there are tonnes of QBs in NFL who are hating PM right now.

Married to a 49er fan...I watched a lot of Alex Smith...unfortunately. He is a good and smart kid. I do feel bad for him; but as we all have witnessed...NFL is a cut throat business..if a team could cut Manning....49ers can certainly part with Alex, there has been a deal on the table for Alex for about a week and a half and he didn't sign it.

Me thinks Condon is a SUPERB agent....if he can get Alex Smith more money....good for them.

Me thinks Condon is a SUPERB agent....if he can get Alex Smith more money....good for them.

I think what Condon told him was "Pssssst....hey kid, you need to get a job". He'll be fine though. He showed growth once offered consistency. It sucks that he has to, yet again, adjust. Miami got caught with it's pants down after trading one of their few big weapons while hoping for Manning.

Hey, they didn't get Manning but they may get Alex smith. Thats like thinking you're getting a Ferrari and getting a brand new Civic. Civic is a good car. Dependable.......good warranty....yea, if I was a Miami fan I would be so mad I'd go out and choke a dolphin.

Oh yeah!!

Peyton in red and gold wins another ring!!

(I hope)

At the risk of sounding over-dramatic, SF could be one of the most dominant teams ever assembled. Instant win, just add Manning.

Manning, Willis, Gore, Davis, Moss, Crabtree, Gholston, Rogers, Manningham. Forget the Triplets. Harbaugh is gonna be like the octomom of the NFL.

At the risk of sounding over-dramatic, SF could be one of the most dominant teams ever assembled. Instant win, just add Manning.

Manning, Willis, Gore, Davis, Moss, Crabtree, Gholston, Rogers, Manningham. Forget the Triplets. Harbaugh is gonna be like the octomom of the NFL.

Hilarious. I will be going to at least 1 game in San Fran if he signs there. My bro in law is a huge 49ers fan in Fairfax. He is on pins and needles!

Poor Alex Smith. Miami will probably end up with Matt Flynn and Alex will be forced to sign with Cleveland or Seattle. I don't think he's a franchise quaterback that will lead to the promise land like the Mannings and Brady, but he's good enough to win for you if you give him weapons. Wish him the best.

What if Alex Smith signs with Miami and then Peyton Manning chooses Denver or Tennessee? The 49ers have to start Colin Kapernick haha. Or I guess they could sign Matt Flynn who fits Harbaugh's WC offense.

Not over dramatic at all, don't forget their draft pick too. Lot of mocks have them taking that tall speedy receiver, 6'4" 4.3 speed, 2 Moss' on the same team...wow.

But I don't think they'll draft him, they need a guard and that one from LSU(Glen Cody?) could fall to them.

And let's not forget 11 returning starters on defense...at least that's what I read

Will be fun to watch

I don't understand the "Poor Alex Smith" comments. He was offered contract by the 49ers, which he declined. So they, the 49ers, went after Peyton. He should've taken the contract and proved, for one more year, that he's really as good as he was last year and that it wasn't just a one year success. If 49ers have to pay more, than they're smart to pay more to Peyton Manning vs Alex Smith.

Flynn to Seahawks, smith hopefully to phins, and Peyton to the 9ers.

Basst case scenario for all involved.

Unless your another fan of a different team cause colts has 3 years to rebuild and 9 has 4-5 yrs of super bowl contention...

Good to be a colt and a manning fan.....