Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Aaron Hernandez Documentary

I like how some of the talking heads are trying to blame CTE for his issues. If that's the case he had CTE since he was very young, because he's always been a violent person. Just listen to some of his former teammates from Florida, he did some horrific things there too..

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ColtJax said:

I like how some of the talking heads are trying to blame CTE for his issues. If that's the case he had CTE since he was very young, because he's always been a violent person. Just listen to some of his former teammates from Florida, he did some horrific things there too..

Yeah that's just blame everyone else for your problems nonsense.  I'd be more apt to believe that if he just woke up in the middle of the night and shot whoever was in the next room over or thinking he was in a real live Amityville horror situation.  Not a guy with a motive to kill and subsequently going through all this effort conspire to carry out the murder and then cover it up. lol. 

Not saying you buy it, but just from the standpoint of, how naive do you have to be to believe that?  Even if that's true, the medical knowledge on CTE is just not advanced to the point that anyone can confidently say that it causes some sort of paranoid delusional schizophrenia.  At least not since I last read about it which was maybe a year or two ago.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, OffensivelyPC said:

I was interested in watching that.  Do you really learn anything that we didn't already know?  I guess the answer to that depends on how closely you followed the investigation/trial.   But that's a big reason why I'm intrigued. 

I'm sure if you followed both his court cases closely you will be familiar with most of his issues. But for me living in another country I found it very interesting and also sad. There was 1 revelation that took me by surprise. They also interviewed former players chris borland and ryan o'callaghan which shed some light on issues players are facing.

• Like 1

I started watching it late last night. It is pretty interesting. I was familiar with the whole story so it wasn't too much of a shock. It shed some background info on Aaron's family life and they played a lot of recorded jail phone calls between his girlfriend and family members. Some of the conversations made him seem like he enjoyed being in jail. He seemed like it wasn't a big deal and everything is going to be okay. A few minor shocking information about his personal life that was bounced around here and there.

I haven't watched the whole thing yet.  What stood out to me is how he could compartmentalize things.......even being in jail. His home life sounded bad but his high school experience pretty good

Also, I had never heard anything about the victim before.  Very sad, he seemed like a nice young man.

• Like 1

I'm a guy/one of the lads from Liverpool, england.I have family stateside, San diego and went to an American football/football game early nineties to watch the chargers against Houston oilers.  Amazing. I was on vacation/holiday with my family as a 12 year old. At the time Dan Marino was the best quarterback in the league, Joe montana the previous legend and the cowboys were the team of  what I perceived as collective champions and envy. It become my world to be the worlds greatest fan! At 38 years old I have been through a lot. Prison in a foreign country, dangerous gang violence, deaths of friends and family, demographic determined crime. A situation in which a similar person/athlete could have been caught up in to Hernandez. I have a neutral opinion, humble but neutral none the less of the circumstances,  situation and environment surrounding Aaron. Entrapment, potential blackmail, nothing to lose so called gangsters. So called, mid level, boss leaves a vehicle as to which he can be tied to in a double homicide/murder in a family member of a potential superstar blackmail victims house. A shell case from a semi automatic weapon found inside a vehicle registered to said superstar when no official disputed in court shots fired outside vehicle. DNA at scene on a stump, of which he could have smoked twenty a day, combined with a magical, shell casing that miraculously found its way into a vehicle stationary by proven track marks. Also, when the billionaire owner takes the witness stand to say he believed he was told he was in a nightclub at the time, it was twisted and manipulated as to then be fact that he was. Believed is the key word here. Take into consideration that after his conviction for the first trial so called friends then try to create potentially money spinning headline news with vitally significant character definition after he'd been let go by his team and sponsors and was then not able to eventually share, or not his wealth/future earnings amongst people who believe they were somehow entitled to something from him. Eternal rest should be the prayer of which the deceased should be remembered. 

The athlete I  was aware of received  support collectively from his whole city, who was in a similar situation to Aaron went on to become a legend, role model and captain of the three lions. He also played stateside. Be the best you can be... Footprints in the sand.

I am part way through the Documentary but I had already listened to the Wondery Podcast, which I thought did a great job of reviewing the case too:

https://wondery.com/shows/gladiator/

Much like @New Zealands #1 Colts Fan it wasn't as big news in the UK as it was Stateside and so there was a lot I didn't know about it and so, coming in cold, it really was shocking in terms of the actions of someone who, from the outside, looked to have it all. 

I don't think you can discount the CTE side of it, as there does seem to be a graduation from a happy high schooler who was popular, funny and well-liked to an aggressive paranoid murderer with little consideration for life. 

However, we will obviously never really know the full story. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, DaveA1102 said:

I am part way through the Documentary but I had already listened to the Wondery Podcast, which I thought did a great job of reviewing the case too:

https://wondery.com/shows/gladiator/

Much like @New Zealands #1 Colts Fan it wasn't as big news in the UK as it was Stateside and so there was a lot I didn't know about it and so, coming in cold, it really was shocking in terms of the actions of someone who, from the outside, looked to have it all. 

I don't think you can discount the CTE side of it, as there does seem to be a graduation from a happy high schooler who was popular, funny and well-liked to an aggressive paranoid murderer with little consideration for life. 

However, we will obviously never really know the full story. 

Thanks for sharing this. I'm going to try to watch it, as I am on leave from work while recovering from a broken ankle. I need something to do. haha

I believe he may have had CTE or other cognitive impairment; however, I don't believe CTE makes one a murderer. As we all know, he planned and plotted to kill others. I don't believe we can attribute that to CTE. But I will try to watch the movie with an open mind. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

Thanks for sharing this. I'm going to try to watch it, as I am on leave from work while recovering from a broken ankle. I need something to do. haha

I believe he may have had CTE or other cognitive impairment; however, I don't believe CTE makes one a murderer. As we all know, he planned and plotted to kill others. I don't believe we can attribute that to CTE. But I will try to watch the movie with an open mind. 

Good luck in your recovery!

Absolutely agree it will not be the main reason for what he did, there has to be more to it than that, but I just feel there is enough science behind it to consider that it could be a factor amongst others. 

I do not believe a "normal" person who ended up with CTE would become a murderer, but if there are already underlying Demons then how much could a heavily damaged brain impact on their state of mind?  An unanswerable question I suppose.

PS Don't F With Cats is another great Netflix documentary if you are looking for something to watch, lol.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DaveA1102 said:

Good luck in your recovery!

Absolutely agree it will not be the main reason for what he did, there has to be more to it than that, but I just feel there is enough science behind it to consider that it could be a factor amongst others. 

I do not believe a "normal" person who ended up with CTE would become a murderer, but if there are already underlying Demons then how much could a heavily damaged brain impact on their state of mind?  An unanswerable question I suppose.

PS Don't F With Cats is another great Netflix documentary if you are looking for something to watch, lol.

I have also watched don't f with cats. I did enjoy it but it was disturbing and I would warn it may not be for cat lovers.