Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts

Recommended Posts

I would trade Brissett for whatever I could get for him and try to swing a deal for Foles (most likely getting a pick in return). Foles with Reich as the coach would do well and would be a great 2 year "trainer" for our new franchise QB..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, ColtJax said:

I would trade Brissett for whatever I could get for him and try to swing a deal for Foles (most likely getting a pick in return). Foles with Reich as the coach would do well and would be a great 2 year "trainer" for our new franchise QB..

I'd love to get another second round pick as the one story suggested.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brisset is probably best suited to be a backup QB.  And given what happened this year, probably with another team.  We can pay some of his contract since we have the space.  Let any new QB develop r start without having the previous year's starter looking over every mistake.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Orioles22 said:

I've seen Love in the second round in several mock drafts - so I would call 13 a reach. Tua won't last until 13, so I agree there, but I wouldn't take a chance with his injury.

CBS just said Patriots  are considering  Love at 23 if he's  there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ColtJax said:

I would trade Brissett for whatever I could get for him and try to swing a deal for Foles (most likely getting a pick in return). Foles with Reich as the coach would do well and would be a great 2 year "trainer" for our new franchise QB..

No no no. No to foles. That's  no better  than Brissett 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2020 at 1:36 PM, Archer said:


Yeah, I’ve got Gordon in the third right now.  Watch the EWS this weekend - there’s a riser named James Morgan at Florida Int’l that’s getting some head turns at practice.  6’4”, 213.  Unimpressive college stats, but seemed to be a running O.  Captain Morgan...hmmmm...those letters could start coming from sea...

 

Gordon will probably  go in round 2 at latest especially  if he has good  senior bowl practice 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stephen said:

No no no. No to foles. That's  no better  than Brissett 


Right.   Sure.   Nick Foles equals Jacoby Brissett.    Except for the whole part where Foles has won a SUPER BOWL!!

 

Hello?!? 
 

Are you forgetting something? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Plus, it's a second-round pick included, if the story is correct. I would trade for anyone for a second-round pick. We can cut him later if he can't help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:


Right.   Sure.   Nick Foles equals Jacoby Brissett.    Except for the whole part where Foles has won a SUPER BOWL!!

 

Hello?!? 
 

Are you forgetting something? 

Foles had lucky stretch. Other than that he has sucked every where he went. Heck Gadner Minchew just beat him out. He can't  drop back and pass all that well needs to rely onl other tricks  to be effective.  If we trade for Foles we will not only be wasting  money, but will be picking in the top half of the 2021 draft

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Foles had lucky stretch. Other than that he has sucked every where he went. Heck Gadner Minchew just beat him out. He can't  drop back and pass all that well needs to rely onl other tricks  to be effective.  If we trade for Foles we will not only be wasting  money, but will be picking in the top half of the 2021 draft

Gardner Mi shew didn’t beat him out.  Foles broke his collar bone.  The Jags didn’t okay Foles the rest of the way so he wouldn’t get hurt again. 
 

Foles has not sucked everywhere he’s been.   You’ve got some bad info. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Gardner Mi shew didn’t beat him out.  Foles broke his collar bone.  The Jags didn’t okay Foles the rest of the way so he wouldn’t get hurt again. 
 

Foles has not sucked everywhere he’s been.   You’ve got some bad info. 

Look at his stats. Other than philly with chip kelly his numbers  have been pedestrian.  Brissett  like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Gardner Mi shew didn’t beat him out.  Foles broke his collar bone.  The Jags didn’t okay Foles the rest of the way so he wouldn’t get hurt again. 
 

Foles has not sucked everywhere he’s been.   You’ve got some bad info. 

That is not why Foles got benched. Foles lost four games in a row and they went back to Minshew.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stephen said:

Gordon will probably  go in round 2 at latest especially  if he has good  senior bowl practice 

I got that same thing in the back of my mind too...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Foles has 2 years left on a very reasonable contract and played well under Reich before. I'd take him in a heartbeat. Having said that, there's no way in Hell that the Jags would trade him to us. The best we could do is get into a three team trade where Foles goes to the Raiders and Carr goes to us..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ColtJax said:

Foles has 2 years left on a very reasonable contract and played well under Reich before. I'd take him in a heartbeat. Having said that, there's no way in Hell that the Jags would trade him to us. The best we could do is get into a three team trade where Foles goes to the Raiders and Carr goes to us..

We have more than 30m in cap space than the Raiders.  Maybe the Jags ship him to us in a three way knowing he will end up with the Raiders.  We take the cap hit versus the Raiders.  We ship Foles and the pick to the Raiders for Carr.  We end up with Carr and our 13th, 34 etc.  I'm not a cap guy so maybe this doesn't make sense?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DownHillRunner said:

I'm not buying that Jordan Love is a first round pick. I haven't bought it then and I'm not buying it now. 

I feel confident  he will go in first round just not sure which  team will take him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2020 at 4:30 PM, DownHillRunner said:

I'm not buying that Jordan Love is a first round pick. I haven't bought it then and I'm not buying it now. 

Oh I think he will be a 1st round pick because teams are so QB happy.  But I don't believe he's WORTHY of a 1st round pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe the only two QBs worth trading up for are Burrow and Tua.  Otherwise, I wouldn't pick a QB in the first round. And that includes Herbert.  I get a QB like Gordon or Fromm top of 2nd. I predict Gordon will go higher than 3rd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In most years he wouldn't be, but this is a strange year. Besides the usual teams that need a QB, we have aging QB's that need to be replaced. The pats and Saints pic low, they would take him. The chargers and steelers need new blood too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • With our o line we need run more so a upgrade OT/ Guard that can play right guard needed too be in top 5 and have defenses huffing n puffing then hitting TE/WR that should be wide open ! Actually need both OT and RG in case injury we would be hurting without !
    • Ron Mix is a good call. He was great no doubt. I forgot about him  
    • True I like Moe He needs more playing time. 
    • Yes the Colts have been grooming him for 3 years. 
    • I completely understand why QBs get the most glory because of the position and are considered the team leader. I just think the QB gets the glory by the greatness of the players around him.  Super bowls are more of a team accomplishments. IMO.  Players like Walter Payton, Barry Sanders and Jim Brown spent their careers on teams that were not very good. The 85 Bears were a defensive juggernaut but won without great QB play. We also tend to look at players we remember seeing and are familiar with.  One of the greatest players I can recall playing was Tony Gonzalez but a TE is overlooked in the conversation.  Lawrence Taylor, Reggie White, Dick Butkus and Joe Green were just as good of a player than any QB ever was.    Then there was offensive lineman Ron Mix. He was so good he only drew 2 holding penalties in his 10 year HOF career. Just think about that for a minute. There are players who have 2 penalties called in 1 game. That is a mind blowing stat IMO.  Just food for thought.     
  • Members

    • 2006Coltsbestever

      2006Coltsbestever 25,546

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Four2itus

      Four2itus 3,580

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Dogg63

      Dogg63 269

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • NFLfan

      NFLfan 8,584

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • aaron11

      aaron11 2,632

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Clem-Dog

      Clem-Dog 395

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • shastamasta

      shastamasta 2,448

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • DEFENSE

      DEFENSE 177

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • coltsfan40

      coltsfan40 32

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • DoubleE Colt

      DoubleE Colt 54

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...