Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Teams trade up for QBs

30 minutes ago, ColtJax said:

I would trade Brissett for whatever I could get for him and try to swing a deal for Foles (most likely getting a pick in return). Foles with Reich as the coach would do well and would be a great 2 year "trainer" for our new franchise QB..

I'd love to get another second round pick as the one story suggested.

Brisset is probably best suited to be a backup QB.  And given what happened this year, probably with another team.  We can pay some of his contract since we have the space.  Let any new QB develop r start without having the previous year's starter looking over every mistake.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Orioles22 said:

I've seen Love in the second round in several mock drafts - so I would call 13 a reach. Tua won't last until 13, so I agree there, but I wouldn't take a chance with his injury.

CBS just said Patriots  are considering  Love at 23 if he's  there

3 hours ago, ColtJax said:

I would trade Brissett for whatever I could get for him and try to swing a deal for Foles (most likely getting a pick in return). Foles with Reich as the coach would do well and would be a great 2 year "trainer" for our new franchise QB..

No no no. No to foles. That's  no better  than Brissett 

On 1/15/2020 at 1:36 PM, Archer said:

Yeah, I’ve got Gordon in the third right now.  Watch the EWS this weekend - there’s a riser named James Morgan at Florida Int’l that’s getting some head turns at practice.  6’4”, 213.  Unimpressive college stats, but seemed to be a running O.  Captain Morgan...hmmmm...those letters could start coming from sea...

Gordon will probably  go in round 2 at latest especially  if he has good  senior bowl practice 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Right.   Sure.   Nick Foles equals Jacoby Brissett.    Except for the whole part where Foles has won a SUPER BOWL!!

Hello?!? 

Are you forgetting something? 

Foles had lucky stretch. Other than that he has sucked every where he went. Heck Gadner Minchew just beat him out. He can't  drop back and pass all that well needs to rely onl other tricks  to be effective.  If we trade for Foles we will not only be wasting  money, but will be picking in the top half of the 2021 draft

33 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Foles had lucky stretch. Other than that he has sucked every where he went. Heck Gadner Minchew just beat him out. He can't  drop back and pass all that well needs to rely onl other tricks  to be effective.  If we trade for Foles we will not only be wasting  money, but will be picking in the top half of the 2021 draft

Gardner Mi shew didn’t beat him out.  Foles broke his collar bone.  The Jags didn’t okay Foles the rest of the way so he wouldn’t get hurt again. 

Foles has not sucked everywhere he’s been.   You’ve got some bad info. 

56 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Gardner Mi shew didn’t beat him out.  Foles broke his collar bone.  The Jags didn’t okay Foles the rest of the way so he wouldn’t get hurt again. 

Look at his stats. Other than philly with chip kelly his numbers  have been pedestrian.  Brissett  like.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

That is not why Foles got benched. Foles lost four games in a row and they went back to Minshew.

• Like 1

Foles has 2 years left on a very reasonable contract and played well under Reich before. I'd take him in a heartbeat. Having said that, there's no way in Hell that the Jags would trade him to us. The best we could do is get into a three team trade where Foles goes to the Raiders and Carr goes to us..

2 hours ago, ColtJax said:

Foles has 2 years left on a very reasonable contract and played well under Reich before. I'd take him in a heartbeat. Having said that, there's no way in Hell that the Jags would trade him to us. The best we could do is get into a three team trade where Foles goes to the Raiders and Carr goes to us..

We have more than 30m in cap space than the Raiders.  Maybe the Jags ship him to us in a three way knowing he will end up with the Raiders.  We take the cap hit versus the Raiders.  We ship Foles and the pick to the Raiders for Carr.  We end up with Carr and our 13th, 34 etc.  I'm not a cap guy so maybe this doesn't make sense?  

On 1/17/2020 at 4:30 PM, DownHillRunner said:

I'm not buying that Jordan Love is a first round pick. I haven't bought it then and I'm not buying it now. 

Oh I think he will be a 1st round pick because teams are so QB happy.  But I don't believe he's WORTHY of a 1st round pick.