Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Recommended Posts

With the Bengals looking like they will be drafting Joe Burrow, what does everyone think about Dalton coming to Indy?  He's proven he can get a team to the playoffs when surrounded by good players.  If we draft Love, Herbert or Gordon it may be nice for them to get to play behind Dalton for a year or two before taking over as the starter.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure Dalton is that big of an upgrade over Brissett when you know you already have 12M dead money from Brissett. I guess it would depend on how much money Dalton would want. But it's possible the difference in money you have to pay to QBs in either situation might be more useful to pay for an additional rotational player than to get a marginal improvement at QB. Either way I don't feel strongly enough for or against that option. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, chrisbeldridge said:

With the Bengals looking like they will be drafting Joe Burrow, what does everyone think about Dalton coming to Indy?  He's proven he can get a team to the playoffs when surrounded by good players.  If we draft Love, Herbert or Gordon it may be nice for them to get to play behind Dalton for a year or two before taking over as the starter.

Love me some Andy Dalton! Perfect stopgap QB for this team if our drafted QB needs a year to sit. He will thrive with this offense. Had nothing in Cinci. Give him an elite O-Line and solid running game and we are playoff contenders! :thmup:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just talked with a co-worker who is a die hard Bengals fan, and he would rather see the Bengals trade down to acquire players and additional picks.  He said Burrow is a very good QB, but the Bengals needs lots more than a QB, especially a rookie who would be wasting his first few years with a team that needs tons of upgrades.

 

Would be interesting to see if Cincy wold be open to trading down and how much that would cost a team to move up to #1.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Barry Sears said:

Just talked with a co-worker who is a die hard Bengals fan, and he would rather see the Bengals trade down to acquire players and additional picks.  He said Burrow is a very good QB, but the Bengals needs lots more than a QB, especially a rookie who would be wasting his first few years with a team that needs tons of upgrades.

 

Would be interesting to see if Cincy wold be open to trading down and how much that would cost a team to move up to #1.

I work with a Bengals fan and he said the same thing.  However, I don't think there is any way the Bengals will trade down.  I think they'll definitely draft Burrow even if it would be wiser to trade down and fill more holes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Barry Sears said:

Just talked with a co-worker who is a die hard Bengals fan, and he would rather see the Bengals trade down to acquire players and additional picks.  He said Burrow is a very good QB, but the Bengals needs lots more than a QB, especially a rookie who would be wasting his first few years with a team that needs tons of upgrades.

 

Would be interesting to see if Cincy wold be open to trading down and how much that would cost a team to move up to #1.

 

1 hour ago, chrisbeldridge said:

I work with a Bengals fan and he said the same thing.  However, I don't think there is any way the Bengals will trade down.  I think they'll definitely draft Burrow even if it would be wiser to trade down and fill more holes.

IMO the Bengals would be real stupid to pass on Burrow. Burrow is one of those generational QBs we always talk about. 

Draft Burrow then use the rest of the draft to start the rebuild. The Bengals do have some talented players already on the team. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, stitches said:

I'm not sure Dalton is that big of an upgrade over Brissett

 

The problem with Dalton is he's never taken care of the ball.  If you're trying to run the ball and win with defense for a year or two until your QB is ready, that's probably a deal breaker.  It wouldn't be difficult to upgrade from Brissett, but if you're looking for a somewhat better version of Brissett, I'm not sure Dalton is a good fit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

 

IMO the Bengals would be real stupid to pass on Burrow. Burrow is one of those generational QBs we always talk about. 

Draft Burrow then use the rest of the draft to start the rebuild. The Bengals do have some talented players already on the team. 

 

I agree they need to take him and then put a team around him.  I think Bengals fans are just frustrated and I can understand that.  Their front office is a joke, they had that run of players wearing different orange uniforms (jail), injuries, etc.  They have a very loyal fan base and I give them credit.  Football is big in Ohio and they deserve a better team in Cincy.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Barry Sears said:

Just talked with a co-worker who is a die hard Bengals fan, and he would rather see the Bengals trade down to acquire players and additional picks.  He said Burrow is a very good QB, but the Bengals needs lots more than a QB, especially a rookie who would be wasting his first few years with a team that needs tons of upgrades.

 

Would be interesting to see if Cincy wold be open to trading down and how much that would cost a team to move up to #1.

 

Ken Anderson had a few good years and Boomer managed to win an MVP, but they have never really had an elite franchise QB.  I couldn't imagine them passing on him.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

JB is the man. Now draft for need. There will be two blue chip guys at 13 and 34 respectively. Any two of these guys will improve our team tremendously. Epenesa, Gross-Matos, Lamb, Kinlaw, Wirfs, Willis, Becton, Jones, Johnson, Jackson, Brown, Thomas, Simmons, etc...

 

 

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The logical case for Andy Dalton:

 

Logic question #1 - Will we trade up into a top 5 pick to get a QB?

No, the price is just too high to trade up.

 

Logic question #2 - Is Jacoby Brissett the Future?

No, he is not. We've seen enough to know this.  At best, he is a Temporary Present.

 

Logic question #3 - If we brought in Andy Dalton, would he be the Future?

No, he is too old to be the Future.  He would be a Temporary Present.

 

Logic question #4 - Comparing the two Temporary Present QB's, which is better?

Dalton is better than JB as a Temporary Present QB.

Link to post
Share on other sites

e1feea2df73447797ac9ebf37b09848a--randy-

 

Hard pass.  
 

on other comments, Bengals would be crazy to trade down to “fill holes.”  When you have subpar QB play, doesn’t matter how many holes are plugged when there’s a giant crater in your roster (lack of QB).

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

The logical case for Andy Dalton:

 

Logic question #1 - Will we trade up into a top 5 pick to get a QB?

No, the price is just too high to trade up.

 

Logic question #2 - Is Jacoby Brissett the Future?

No, he is not. We've seen enough to know this.  At best, he is a Temporary Present.

 

Logic question #3 - If we brought in Andy Dalton, would he be the Future?

No, he is too old to be the Future.  He would be a Temporary Present.

 

Logic question #4 - Comparing the two Temporary Present QB's, which is better?

Dalton is better than JB as a Temporary Present QB.

My thinking exactly.  Dalton would be a 1 to 2 year starter, nothing more.  During those 1 or 2 years we could be a playoff team, though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • LOL. Sound an awful lot like Patmon.
    • RBs are devalued these days. APBs if elite, can have better value than a RB2. Hines could be elite if use the right way IMO. If we're going to let a guy like Mack, who we drafted, walk and test things.... I think we'd let Hines do the same. And given that our new RB1 was very good at catching, the need for Hines isn't as big, so the leverage shifts a bit.   I love Hines, and hope we resign him. If Taylor stays healthy at RB1, and Campbell finally stays healthy at slot, I can see Ballard telling him to test the market. Hope he blows up, but that may mean he asks for too much lol.    And I don't care what Reich says. Our RBs are not interchangeable, and Hines isn't a RB1 type of guy. He's best used as an APB.
    • Yup. I would have loved to resign Houston, but reduced his snap counts. That's basically what they tried to do with Kerrigan last year, it just didn't help. I think it would absolutely help Houston.   I read this (below) article from Mock on Stampede Blue last night. It draws from Hicks and another guys. I thought it was pretty lazy lol. https://www.stampedeblue.com/2021/5/5/22420698/claims-the-indianapolis-colts-are-worse-than-a-season-ago-premature-overstated   It left out intangibles. It brought up that sacks were higher vs poorer teams, but that's the case for every DE or 3T. It also said both Autry and Houston benefited from Buckner's presence. IMO, there's only so much to eat, and adding Buckner means there's less to eat. It also didn't address the fact that we are the 2nd least blitzing team in the league, which doesn't help in the pressure category. And didn't mention that Buckner had arguably his best year ever despite having his lowest snap count ever. Might that have something to do with the DEs? lol.  Also ignores the fact Houston was still top 10 in pass rush win rate, which I believe is vid analytics driven instead of subjective eye grading. 
    • That's why I think it was a wasted pick. Weak arm, poor pocket presence. If they just wanted competition, there  are FAs available on the cheap. Heck, I'd take Hoyer who took 1M last year. He'll likely end up signing somewhere for the vet min, and wouldn't have costed a draft pick. Just a prediction. Has happened every year, and will happen again every year lol. Just part of the entertainment. I like Dayo a lot, just not this year coming off an injury with other needs.   On Granson. He's a Burton clone that doesn't block as well. Just envision Burton, or a big-slot WR. Doubt we ask him to block much.    On SE. If he makes the 53, that means Eason was a bust and total waste of a pick. Due to his lack of traits, I'd be very surprised if he made the 53.  Love Paye. Really like the long term value of Dayo but less than enthused about the pick for 2021 production given other needs and injury. Doubt Granson will have a big impact this year either. Could be wrong.    The Fries pick was OK. Low risk, low expectation. IMO, will need time to develop on the PS. Flex guy, but pretty meh physical traits. 
  • Members

    • SMITTY46953

      SMITTY46953 2

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • ztboiler

      ztboiler 308

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Misty_B

      Misty_B 0

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Captain_Colts1317

      Captain_Colts1317 6

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • PeytsBlocker

      PeytsBlocker 15

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • #12.

      #12. 1,124

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • TonyBungee

      TonyBungee 185

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • White shoes

      White shoes 0

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • conklincolt

      conklincolt 33

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • pgt_rob

      pgt_rob 765

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...