Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

D-line coach possibility

GoColts00

Brentson Buckner was let go from Oakland. He turned the d-line from worst in the NFL at Sacks (13) to a respectable 32 in one season. He was the d-line coach in Arizona with Bruce Arians from 13-17 and the Cardinals were usually very good at Rush defense.

I honestly wanted the Colts to get him after he left the Cardinals, but he followed Arians to the Bucs. He's worth looking into.

4 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

That, and like 5 first round DL picks.... Several really early ones...

4 hours ago, jskinnz said:

More likely it’s all the freaking talent they have. 

Bosa and buckner yes, but Thomas and armstead are pretty average also Dee Ford missed time as well

9 hours ago, CR91 said:

Bosa and buckner yes, but Thomas and armstead are pretty average also Dee Ford missed time as well

Armstead May it may not be pretty average, but he had 11 sacks this year and a decent 2018 (so I’ve read) as well.  

At his young age,  (26?)  that puts him on my radar.   Exactly where, I’m not sure.... 

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Armstead May it may not be pretty average, but he had 11 sacks this year and a decent 2018 (so I’ve read) as well.  

At his young age,  (26?)  that puts him on my radar.   Exactly where, I’m not sure.... 

And before that, he had 9 sacks in his career

Armstead has been a disappointment up until now. Not a bust; just underachieving and average. IMO he has benefitted from the newly added presence of Bosa and from Buckner’s excellence. I doubt he’s retained by the Niners. Too expensive on his second contract and replaceable.