Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
twfish

Twfish's second mock

This one I am doing a little bit differently and going to roll with Brissett next year (which I obviously do not want at all) or we got a different QB in FA. We trade our 13 to Philadelphia for their 21st and their 2nd round. Hopefully with doing all these mocks I will get at least one pick right haha 

1st round

Mekhi Becton OT Louisville

With the uncertainty of Castonzo I'm viewing it as he doesnt come back next year and we will need his replacement and CB values the tranches to much to let it fall apart after losing a starting tackle.

2nd round 1st pick

Justin Madubuike DT Texas A&M

An explosive DT that can disrupt and produce pressure up the middle that we so desperately need.

2nd round 2nd pick

Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State

There are some better CB's still on the board at this pick however I made this pick assuming we are going to keep building for a cover 3 defense and in that we need size and Cameron has it at 6-2.

2nd round 3rd pick

Gabriel Davis WR Central Florida

He's got great size and speed (6-3) and can create seperation. Has excellent production in college. Honestly believe if this class wasn't so loaded he'd be a fringe first rounder.  

3rd round

Curtis Weaver DE Boise State

I would put money on that as long as Chris Ballard is at the reigns we draft at least one DE every year lol. He has good size and good production in college at 13.5 sacks.

4th round

Collin Johnson WR Texas

This pick still won't change in any of my mocks. I believe he will fall after the combine after testing poorly. I want to bring him in and convert him to TE. Match him up against a line backer or a slot CB and throw it up and he will catch it.

5th round

Jonah Jackson G Ohio State

Very large guard that we can hopefully mold into a decent back up and eventual starter

6th round 1st pick

Jaylinn Hawkins, S, California

6th 2nd pick

Raequan Williams, NT, Michigan State

7th round

Patrice Rene, CB, North Carolina

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, twfish said:

This one I am doing a little bit differently and going to roll with Brissett next year (which I obviously do not want at all) or we got a different QB in FA. We trade our 13 to Philadelphia for their 21st and their 2nd round. Hopefully with doing all these mocks I will get at least one pick right haha 

1st round

With the uncertainty of Castonzo I'm viewing it as he doesnt come back next year and we will need his replacement and CB values the tranches to much to let it fall apart after losing a starting tackle.

2nd round 1st pick

An explosive DT that can disrupt and produce pressure up the middle that we so desperately need.

2nd round 2nd pick

There are some better CB's still on the board at this pick however I made this pick assuming we are going to keep building for a cover 3 defense and in that we need size and Cameron has it at 6-2.

2nd round 3rd pick

He's got great size and speed (6-3) and can create seperation. Has excellent production in college. Honestly believe if this class wasn't so loaded he'd be a fringe first rounder.  

3rd round

I would put money on that as long as Chris Ballard is at the reigns we draft at least one DE every year lol. He has good size and good production in college at 13.5 sacks.

4th round

Collin Johnson WR Texas

This pick still won't change in any of my mocks. I believe he will fall after the combine after testing poorly. I want to bring him in and convert him to TE. Match him up against a line backer or a slot CB and throw it up and he will catch it.

5th round

Very large guard that we can hopefully mold into a decent back up and eventual starter

6th round 1st pick

6th 2nd pick

7th round

looks like a good plan

First 2 rounds are all huge reach picks. Becton could be had in the 2nd, Madubuike could be had in the 3rd, Dantzler could be had in the 3rd, and I've never even seen Gabriel Davis talked about as a top prospect. I've never even heard of him. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

First 2 rounds are all huge reach picks. Becton could be had in the 2nd, Madubuike could be had in the 3rd, Dantzler could be had in the 3rd, and I've never even seen Gabriel Davis talked about as a top prospect. I've never even heard of him. 

At 21 i think Becton is slotted decently. Walter football has him ranked as there 2nd tackle, but i've got a feeling the more prominent tackles are going to be taken rather quickly. I may agree with you about Dantzler but he has the size and length CB covets vs the other CB's in that range which are sub 6 foot. As far as Davis goes his 2019 looked like this, 72 receptions for 1,241 yards with 12 touchdowns. He's 6-3 215 and should run a sub 4.5.  

I do understand your criticism however as this was a quickly put together mock while i was slow at work and chose more off the wall names because thats how it typically happens anyhow. Who knew of Ben Banogu or really Khari Willis before the draft? 

You really think AC retires or we don't re-sign him?

2 hours ago, CR91 said:

You really think AC retires or we don't re-sign him?

Neither. I want him starting still through 2021. This is a mock for IF.

Problem with your mock, you didn't list a QB at least in the 2nd if not the first....We can't roll with another year with JB.

Jedrick Willis OT
Jordan Love QB
Raekwon Davis DT
Cole Kmet TE
Antonio Gandy-Golden WR
Alohi Gilman S
Chase Claypool WR
Tipa Galea'i Edge
Chase Lucas CB

13 Justin Herbert, QB Oregon

34 Travis Etienne , RB Clemson

44 Cole Kmet , TE Notre Dame

75 Trey Adams , OT Washington

112 Shaquille Quarterman , LB Miami

142 A.J. Dillon , RB Boston College

I'll take it..

Good balance of offense vs defense in the early picks. If we don't get a QB this season, I kind of prefer that we get a future pick as compensation rather than this year's pick, simply because, whenever we decide to get the QB we better have a ton of resources in order to be able to more easily move into position to draft whoever we want. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, twfish said:

1st round

2nd round 1st pick

2nd round 2nd pick

2nd round 3rd pick

3rd round

4th round

Collin Johnson WR Texas

5th round

6th round 1st pick

6th 2nd pick

7th round

I’m sorry this mock is just awful.

On 1/14/2020 at 8:33 PM, Thunderbolt said:

Problem with your mock, you didn't list a QB at least in the 2nd if not the first....We can't roll with another year with JB.

Check out the first sentence of the op.

On 1/15/2020 at 10:34 PM, Thunderbolt said:

I like coltjax mock, but why two RBs. Use the other on defense.

I agree, but Dillion was too good to pass. On another note, my 2nd rounder went back to school so it opens up a quality DE or CB..