Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
DownHillRunner

Isaiah Simmons (Clemson)

Has anyone else seen this guy play? This dude is a monster who is athletic and fast. I know Linebacker isn't a need, but Simmons not only plays Linebacker; he can play Safety, and rush the passer coming off the edge. Imagine him and Darius on the same field together. If he's there at 13, do you draft him? I know it's highly unlikely, but I would love to have him on the Colts. 

• Like 2

As much as he may or may not be a monster, we still need someone in the middle to get push into the backfield and to take blockers of the linebackers and other rushers. I don’t know the guy but if he isn’t that guy to be able to do that, I’m passing on another linebacker. 

I think he’s definitely an option. I absolutely love his versatility, reminds me of Derwin James in a way, and he with Leonard would set our LB group for the next decade, and even when we go to 1 LB sets, he can just slide back to safety. He’s my 4th favorite option at 13, after CeeDee Lamb, Jerry Jeudy, and  Derrick Brown. He’s a monster, and I can’t wait to see him take over tonight and this thread gain traction

2 players on Clemson I really like, Simmons for our #1 pick and ETN (RB) for our #2.

Not sure we need another Leonard. They seem like the same player. They would never be on the field together I don’t think.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Not sure we need another Leonard. They seem like the same player. They would never be on the field together I don’t think.

I'd def put them on field together 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I don’t favor drafting Simmons... 

But..  

If we draft Simmons he and Leonard would always be on the field together.  Seriously.    Always.

There would be no reason to draft him otherwise.    We’d have a plan in place. 

• Like 4

We would trade down if he's on the board, get a #2 pick and draft the best DT or OT at our new spot. That's the position of need, that and a deep threat WR..

I watched the game Simmons is a beast !!!! Smart fast tough instincts!!!! We aren't so great a linebacker except for Leonard ! Simmons / Leonard / walker. Best linebacking crew in nfl !! If he is their at 13 and if do what we do what we should in free agency I'd take him ! I don't know if he makes 13th.

here's how I view it. 

If he's the top rated player left on your board and you view him as elite.  You take him. 

Other than qb(if you already have an elite one). You don't pass up what you view as elite talent just because you already have one elite player at that position already. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

He's one of the blue chip players that IMO we have to consider if our QB of preference is not there at 13 and he's there. He can play multiple positions and be great at multiple things you make him do. 

It's possible. He could end up being the Leo that we have wanted. Dosnt look like Banagou (is that how you spell it?) Is going to be manning that spot.

On 1/13/2020 at 5:34 PM, ColtJax said:

2 players on Clemson I really like, Simmons for our #1 pick and ETN (RB) for our #2.

Etienne is a beast. Dude is my second favorite back in this draft behind Dobbins. 

• Like 1

On 1/15/2020 at 12:45 AM, DownHillRunner said:

Etienne is a beast. Dude is my second favorite back in this draft behind Dobbins. 

Both are amazing RBs. I think Etienne is a little better because of the amount of broken tackles, but either way, the football team that drafts Etienne or Dobbins becomes a better football team just by adding them. It may not be a question of who is #1 or #2, but this guy is 1A & that guy is 1B. 

On 1/13/2020 at 6:04 PM, DownHillRunner said:

Has anyone else seen this guy play? This dude is a monster who is athletic and fast. I know Linebacker isn't a need, but Simmons not only plays Linebacker; he can play Safety, and rush the passer coming off the edge. Imagine him and Darius on the same field together. If he's there at 13, do you draft him? I know it's highly unlikely, but I would love to have him on the Colts. 

Simmons reminds me of Kam Chancellor. Maybe a little Deon Bucannon also. Both were LB/SS and were mismatches for opposing offenses. Being that big and athletic they have range in coverage, but can lower the boom against the run. 

Simmons can be used in a Seattle 4-3 or a Cardinals 3-4 or even a 49ers 4-3 wide-9. He really is a great chess piece when drawing up a defensive strategy. If we get a DT in FA i think drafting Simmons would be a great option.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2020 at 10:19 PM, Chloe6124 said:

Yeah, you’d never want guys who can do multiple things together on the field at the same time. 

• Like 1

On 1/14/2020 at 4:22 PM, PeterBowman said:

here's how I view it. 

If he's the top rated player left on your board and you view him as elite.  You take him. 

Other than qb(if you already have an elite one). You don't pass up what you view as elite talent just because you already have one elite player at that position already. 

This.  BPA no matter what position.

I like him, but I don’t think he will be available at #13. I think the Lions, Panthers or Jags take him early. 

On 1/15/2020 at 1:45 AM, DownHillRunner said:

Etienne is a beast. Dude is my second favorite back in this draft behind Dobbins

Yea you know football alright. #facts.

Since he played LB/DE/S in the National Championship game, does anyone think he could have a significant amount of snaps at the DE position in the NFL while being the Swiss Army knife on say downs 1 and 2?

4 hours ago, pgt_rob said:

I like him, but I don’t think he will be available at #13. I think the Lions, Panthers or Jags take him early. 

If we were to acquire the right personnel in FA would u want Ballard to trade up to get Simmons?

1 hour ago, GoColts00 said:

If we were to acquire the right personnel in FA would u want Ballard to trade up to get Simmons?

I think the only person I'd trade up for would be Chase Jones or Burrow. Both would be highly unlikely to do unfortunately. 

• Like 2

Well, for those who want to draft Etienne: we can do that in 2021. He's going back to College for his senior year... 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ColtsGermany said:

Well, for those who want to draft Etienne: we can do that in 2021. He's going back to College for his senior year... 

I wouldn't mind the Colts drafting Etienne next year. Heck, I wouldn't mind the Colts drafting Clyde Edwards-Helaire this draft.