Indianapolis Colts
indyagent17

Thought about the Colts and the draft

29 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

I guess I was looking more at the "can't put off" part.  Yeah, obviously if your guy is there, you take him.  Sorry for the confusion.

Yeah clearly if the guy they want or aren’t in love with the ones there they would wait.  But if the guy is there at 13 or your able to move up that should be done. You never know what position you will be in next year or what QB might be available to take.

• Like 1

On 1/14/2020 at 9:16 AM, Chloe6124 said:

You apparently didn’t read what I said. I said if the guy they want is there it has to be a QB. Of course you don’t reach. We need to stop with only Burrow and TUA are worth that pick. If Herbert and Love are there and they think they can be the next guy that will be the pick.

Herbert Yes if he there at 13 take him Love no if he there at 13 wait till round 4 because he will still be there

• Haha 1

On 1/14/2020 at 11:30 PM, CR91 said:

I really don't understand why everyone wants Love so much. 

Because all they see is the deep ball and it so nice and beautiful what they done see is the mistakes. Like he always throws to his number one receiver even if he not open. he 20 td and 17 int and thing that great stats. QBR rating is 87 out of 100 heck even Formm is in the top 50. One of the games that he won his QBR was a freaking 12 not joking its in the stats sheet and stupid 12. The only excuse would be or hear is."He in a crappy team if we with us he wont be crappy because we are not a crappy team. Yeah and I am the next prince of Suxxess. If the colts pick up love in the first round we are going to pick another QB again 4 years later and a new GM. Another reason is because Chris Ballard saw him play. Sorry he had one great year of drafting and last years player he drafted were middle of the pack.

We as fans can want this and that but it is all fandom speaking.

After hearing Ballard's comments it's all GM speak after all. He is not going to show his hand and he is also not throwing any player under the bus. 

As far as the draft more questions will be answered after the combine. 

Ballard is not going to lister to what the fans say and will go with what his scouting crew says. He has a lot more information than anyone one in this forum has. 

I learned a long time ago that fandom does not dictate what a GM does and doesn't do. 

We have no control nor should we. 

Way too many in this forum use hindsight as a way to judge things. The what if's serves no purpose. 

• Thanks 2

On 1/14/2020 at 11:11 AM, DEFENSE said:

there are no top tier qbs in this draft

THANK YOU!  I would not waste a pick this year on a QB. It would be like having another JB or slightly better. Go this year with JB and the Colts could be in line to get the kid from Clemson.

• Like 1

On 1/19/2020 at 6:57 AM, crazycolt1 said:

We as fans can want this and that but it is all fandom speaking.

After hearing Ballard's comments it's all GM speak after all. He is not going to show his hand and he is also not throwing any player under the bus. 

As far as the draft more questions will be answered after the combine. 

Ballard is not going to lister to what the fans say and will go with what his scouting crew says. He has a lot more information than anyone one in this forum has. 

I learned a long time ago that fandom does not dictate what a GM does and doesn't do. 

We have no control nor should we. 

Way too many in this forum use hindsight as a way to judge things. The what if's serves no purpose. 

OK. I'm glad you see this much more clearly than the rest of the forum members. I really thought the front office used this forum for much of their information. Were we all wrong all these years? *, I am crushed. We had better stop throwing out suggestions or opinions or we might get fired. Thank you Captain Crazy obvious. For setting us all straight.

ssshhht.

2 hours ago, MCurtis32 said:

THANK YOU!  I would not waste a pick this year on a QB. It would be like having another JB or slightly better. Go this year with JB and the Colts could be in line to get the kid from Clemson.

If we didn't crack the top 10 in the draft with our top 5 franchise QB shockingly retiring 2 weeks before the season started, the odds of us landing the #1 pick with a full offseason to plan are roughly around zero. The Clemson kid, Lawrence, is going #1 overall next year and almost any team with a shot have the worst record in the league next year is going to refuse to trade out of that spot. He's seen as that Elway/Manning/Luck level prospect. Banking on getting him next year is insane. 

11 hours ago, MCurtis32 said:

OK. I'm glad you see this much more clearly than the rest of the forum members. I really thought the front office used this forum for much of their information. Were we all wrong all these years? *, I am crushed. We had better stop throwing out suggestions or opinions or we might get fired. Thank you Captain Crazy obvious. For setting us all straight.

ssshhht.

I made a simple statement, that's all. Sorry you want to get your feathers all ruffled. 

If insulting me makes you feel like a big man then be my guest. 

The thing is, I couldn't care less about your attempt to insult me.  It find it laughable. 

On 1/17/2020 at 9:45 AM, Colt.45 said:

Ballard has been pretty transparent in telling people what he'll do in the draft. When he said he was going trenches, he went trenches. He said defense, he went defense.

This draft, he's made it clear he's reloading offensive weapons. I'm expecting 2 of those first 3 picks to go towards the offense, so probably a wideout with the first pick.

We'll see what free agency brings as well. Highly doubt a QB is getting picked within the Colts first 2 picks. 

Nailed it.

I don't think a qb will be picked at all. db, te, wr first 3 picks. And I think there will be some trade downs to acquire more picks in this very deep class of wr, ol, and dbs.

• Like 2