Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Texans need to fire O'Brien

danlhart87

1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

I know it's the Chiefs but come on being up 24 to 0 then blowing it like they did so quickly is awful. 

I honestly hope they keep him because they won the South but doubt it happens. 

I live in Texas and I can tell y'all one thing everyone wants O'Brien gone!

The going for on 4th Down Multiple times was a great call

12 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

Not going for it on 4th and less than a yard on the KC 10 showed no guts! Going for it up 24-7 on your 30 was *ically dumb! 

Hmm. 

--Kicking the field goal to go up four scores was the smart play.  O'Brien was pretty confident in his defense at that point.  So, it's hard to really criticize that choice...except in hindsight.

--The fake punt...well, that's only a good call if it works.  Obviously, it didn't.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Hmm. 

--Kicking the field goal to go up four scores was the smart play.  O'Brien was pretty confident in his defense at that point.  So, it's hard to really criticize that choice...except in hindsight.

--The fake punt...well, that's only a good call if it works.  Obviously, it didn't.

I was calling for them go for it on 4th and inches.. you go for the kill there.. EVERYONE knew sooner or later their O was going wake up.. your best option was to destroy the D confidence and he didn’t..

your Up by 17!! You punt in your own end unless it’s like a yard or less.. was just a dumb call.

33 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

I was calling for them go for it on 4th and inches.. you go for the kill there.. EVERYONE knew sooner or later their O was going wake up.. your best option was to destroy the D confidence and he didn’t..

your Up by 17!! You punt in your own end unless it’s like a yard or less.. was just a dumb call.

ok.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

I know it's the Chiefs but come on being up 24 to 0 then blowing it like they did so quickly is awful. 

I honestly hope they keep him because they won the South but doubt it happens. 

I live in Texas and I can tell y'all one thing everyone wants O'Brien gone!

They wont, and who could they get to coach a team that doesn't have a future long term.  He's shipped away their draft picks for the next 2-3 years. and they have some big name contracts coming due.

4 hours ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Hmm. 

I agree.  Had they went for it and not got it, it would have stoked KC.    The fake punt was just dumb at that point of the game and at that part of the field.  

Agree. A 4th down stop is a momentum changer. I thought FG was the right call. 

The fake punt was a head scratcher. If you make it you will still need several 1st downs to get into field goal range. If you don’t make it, you have really juiced your opponent and the entire stadium. Just a bad risk/reward scenario, IMO. 

• Like 1

He’s a fraud who makes the playoffs every year because something random like Luck retiring or Mariota busting happens in the division every year. As competitive as the NFL is it’s amazing how guys like him keep getting gigs, then every now and then 1 of them keeps the gig (him) while guys like Zimmer and Coughlin are always on the hotseat. 

• Like 1

Every year and I mean every year Texans fans get on the talk radio with the cry baby hosts and together they perpetually whine about losing whatever game they lost blaming the coach no matter who that coach happens to be at the time. "They should not have punted....gone for the first down.... passed....run....FG. The Texans have only one thing to be proud of, going to Dallas and beating the Cowboys in their very first game as a new NFL franchise. If it is always the coach's fault why bother paying for talent?

1 hour ago, King Colt said:

Every year and I mean every year Texans fans get on the talk radio with the cry baby hosts and together they perpetually whine about losing whatever game they lost blaming the coach no matter who that coach happens to be at the time. "They should not have punted....gone for the first down.... passed....run....FG. The Texans have only one thing to be proud of, going to Dallas and beating the Cowboys in their very first game as a new NFL franchise. If it is always the coach's fault why bother paying for talent?

O'Brien deserves some blame.  He is always making poor play calls.  That said, the team also deserves their fair share of blame.  

To their credit, they have made the playoffs 4 of the past 5 seasons.   

The team deserves credit for not quitting on that Jim Harbaugh minus the football knowledge part crybaby jock tbh. I don’t know how they maintain their motivation tbh. He’s a trainwreck who thinks he’s so great for winning 8 games at Penn St or whatever it was. That team with a good coach = over.