Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Browns Hire Kevin Stefanski!! McDaniels Doesn't get job

BleedBlue4Shoe86

I don't blame anybody for being hesitant about the Browns job and that includes Mcdaniels.  The ownership for the Browns fires people really fast.  You're on a pretty short leash in Cleveland.  Even the GM doesn't have time to put anything together.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, krunk said:

I don't blame anybody for being hesitant about the Browns job and that includes Mcdaniels.  The ownership for the Browns fires people really fast.  You're on a pretty short leash in Cleveland.  Even the GM doesn't have time to put anything together.

Agreed, and I don't blame a team for not selecting McDaniels either, after what he did to the Colts. Hopefully this development helps us keep Dodds, too.

But wasn't the reason McDaniels stayed with NE in the first place is because Kraft sort of told him that he would be the successor to BB?

With all of the talk about McDaniels now being thought of as a HC, I'm not sure why anything has really changed.

4 minutes ago, Thunderbolt said:

The jury is still out on Reich. He failed to get us in the playoffs and got out coach alot, doesn't help with a mediocre QB either.

This just goes to show you, a decent coach with a decent team can do decent things. Any one of these things that are above avg with the other being decent can succeed. Just look at NE, nobody can tell if it’s BB or TB that makes the team great over the years. I suggest it’s both clicking together well. You have to find yin/yang  to really succeed in this league long term. Pats had that (and some cheating). Colts had AL with Pagano, one was very good one was not. We had Reich with Luck (good) and Reich with JB (bad). 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DougDew said:

But wasn't the reason McDaniels stayed with NE in the first place is because Kraft sort of told him that he would be the successor to BB?

With all of the talk about McDaniels now being thought of as a HC, I'm not sure why anything has really changed.

The hooded one decided he’s gonna coach longer than they first told McDaniels. That’s the first guess.

5 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I honestly hope teams keep interviewing this weasel and stomping on his heart. Then I hope he takes over the pats and they have failure for 20+ years 

2 hours ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

Love that that weasel didn’t get the job. Hope he never gets hired for a Head Coaching Job. He sucked in Denver and screwed the Colts (although I think we can all agree Reich is amazing and glad it worked out that way. Lol)

Enjoy going to down with that Patriots ship. 

Reich is amazing?  This year certainly didn’t prove that whatsoever.  
McDaniels will probably take over for BB, but that may be too far away in the future.  

3 minutes ago, Myles said:

So the guys on ESPN today were poo pooing the hire because he'll be a 1st time head coach.   Then they went on to say the Browns should have hired Bieniemy (who would be a 1st time head coach).

Curious, eh?

12 hours ago, buffalo34 said:

As much as I dislike the Patriots, McDaniels is one of the few people in that organization that I really dislike (Kraft and Brady are the other two). Was hoping he'd leave the Patriots and then implode the Browns.

Browns don't need any help in that regard.

Kitchens seemed to be disliked by a lot of Browns players so they probably had to get rid of him for team morale if anything. And I usually think a firing after 1 year is stupid, but this one might've been justified.

That said I'm not sure what to make of this hire. They had to go out and find a solid offensive mind and they did. We will see if he can be a good head coach though. That offense had way too much talent to be as bad as it was this season.

On 1/12/2020 at 12:19 PM, krunk said:

I don't blame anyone being hesitant of McDaniels.

Can't be trusted to not go back on his word. 

• Like 1