Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I truly appreciate Frank, but did he get a pass this year?

zibby43

Just now, aaron11 said:

its reasonable i guess im just not loving the list of free agent QBs.  most will probably stay where they are or retire.  Bridgewater and rivers names will probably come up 

Drew Brees

Tom Brady

Eli Manning

Philip Rivers

Teddy Bridgewater

Jameis Winston

Marcus Mariota

Chase Daniel

Case Keenum

Chad Henne

Drew Stanton

Colt McCoy

Ryan Tannehill

Bridgewater I would stay away from, I think he’s overrated and very Brissett like.  I think the attached podcast is a good opinion of who he is.

https://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/content/2019-09-16-dont-expect-much-from-teddy-bridgewater-while-drew-brees-is-out/

Rivers would be my first choice. Sign him to a short 2 year deal and draft a QB early to sit a year. Yep, he’s 38, but still put up 288 yds a game, behind a bad O-Line. I think he can come close to that with the Colts and potentially get the Colts in the playoffs in 2020.

My Wildcard, would be to sign “if” available Jamies Winston on a 1 year deal. Yep, he’s an INT machine, but he can put some serious yards and points up. Maybe, Frank’s system would benefit him.  

JMO

On 1/12/2020 at 9:36 AM, jbaron04 said:

Frank fail in two areas this season he placed Adam above the team and jacoby should have been benched to see who else can play because he didn’t have a track record to give him so much rope 

I agree with this for the most part. I'm not sure JB needed to benched up until the last two games, but those last two games should have been a live action tryout for Chad Kelly. We gained nothing by starting JB at that point when we could have found out what we might have in CK, The whole Adam fiasco needs to be a lesson learned moving forward that you either produce or you lose your spot. We can't afford to EVER make that mistake again and that should definitely apply to JB in the upcoming year where he will be the presumed starter. 

• Like 2

I don't think Reich did an awful lot wrong. A few individual play calls in individual games that probably didn't determine the outcome of those games. Every HC makes a few tactical screwups and Reich had no more than anyone else.  Had the team humming before the wheels fell off midseason, which I think came down to injury rather than coaching.

Frankly, I think it's fair to give Reich a mulligan.  0% of this season went according to the original plan and he still gave us a chance to compete before the roster crapped out.

1 hour ago, ericdcoltsfan said:

I agree with this for the most part. I'm not sure JB needed to benched up until the last two games, but those last two games should have been a live action tryout for Chad Kelly. 

This is an easy position for a fan to take.  Especially while we still entertain ourselves with the happy delusion that Brissett won't be back next year.  You know, before the cold, brutal reality hits that there is no upgrade out there that's going to make an immediate impact and Brissett will finish out his contract with a horseshoe on his helmet.

Brissett will be back next year, and by all indications, no one wearing pads has any problem with this.  We only see the stats and the results, so it's baffling to us, but I have to assume that the guys wearing pads know something we don't.

There's never been any indication that anyone in the locker room is anything other than completely satisfied with Brissett's performance as the leader of this team.  there is a cost, and a risk, to undermining team chemistry by benching your team leaders.  Especially when most of these guys are coming back next season.

Bottom line, let Reich manage the personnel.  He knows these people a lot better than an average fan even has the capabiity to.

• Like 1