Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
coltsorioles

Are the Colts better than the titans

Recommended Posts

Definitely not with Brisett.  Taking him out of the equation, I'd say it's close.  They will be much better than us next year if the current QB situ is the same for both teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OffensivelyPC said:

What's really weird is that the in 2 playoff games, he's thrown for 150 yards total (and 3 TDs of course). He really hasn''t put up the gaudy numbers he was in season.  He was still a primary reason they won though.  Just kind of goes to show you that there's a lot of ways to win in the playoffs, but you need everything working together.  Complimentary football as Ballard and Reich often like to put it.

 

What Derrick Henry is doing is unprecedented too. If no one can stop him from rushing for 150 plus in 30 plus carries, why force Tannehill to throw more than 20 times? Their D is also playing well keeping the scoreboard favorable for the run to be a big factor for them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, chad72 said:

 

What Derrick Henry is doing is unprecedented too. If no one can stop him from rushing for 150 plus in 30 plus carries, why force Tannehill to throw more than 20 times? Their D is also playing well keeping the scoreboard favorable for the run to be a big factor for them.

Their defense is legitimate super bowl caliber, their run defense in particular.  Kinda crazy considering nobody really has really talked about it or any particular player on their team.  But they win the turnover margin, stop the run very well, and that ended up exposing the Ravens.  Their pass D is pretty average I think. 

 

It'll be interesting watching them play the Chiefs.  I'm not even going to try to make predictions, because it could go either way.  I can't really bet against Mahomes though.  While Derrick Henry and Tannehill have been playing extremely well, I think most of us believe they are overperforming.  When does the bottom fall out?  Or do they go on some Flacco-esq 4 game Herculean run to a Super Bowl win?  I dunno.  But look at it this way, for the first time in like 5 years, there is no concern about anyone having to go through the Patriots anymore.  Been a while since I could enjoy the NFL playoffs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Their defense is legitimate super bowl caliber, their run defense in particular.  Kinda crazy considering nobody really has really talked about it or any particular player on their team.  But they win the turnover margin, stop the run very well, and that ended up exposing the Ravens.  Their pass D is pretty average I think. 

 

It'll be interesting watching them play the Chiefs.  I'm not even going to try to make predictions, because it could go either way.  I can't really bet against Mahomes though.  While Derrick Henry and Tannehill have been playing extremely well, I think most of us believe they are overperforming.  When does the bottom fall out?  Or do they go on some Flacco-esq 4 game Herculean run to a Super Bowl win?  I dunno.  But look at it this way, for the first time in like 5 years, there is no concern about anyone having to go through the Patriots anymore.  Been a while since I could enjoy the NFL playoffs.

  I like the D but it isn't statisically impressive.  They were 21st in the league in yds allowed and 12 in points allowed.  Colts by comparison were 18 and 16 comparitively.  The Colts were also better against the run and pass yardage wise.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2020 at 8:27 PM, coltsorioles said:

Last year the Colts beat the titans twice. This year when healthy they beat them.   A blocked field goal was the beginning of the end this season.   It's frustrating as a colts fan seeing this 9-7 team advance to the afc championship who I know when the Colts at full strength are better.   The titans might be the worst team ever  in a championship game.  Can anyone think of a worse team ??

At this moment in time....   no, we’re not as good as the Titans.   Doesn’t mean that will always be the case.   When we fix and correct our flaws we will be very competitive once again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2020 at 11:27 PM, coltsorioles said:

Can anyone think of a worse team ??

the bears team the colts played in the super bowl was worse imo

 

that could be considered a different era by now too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

the bears team the colts played in the super bowl was worse imo

 

that could be considered a different era by now too

 

Man they had an all time type of D.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Titans gave up 530 yards to the Ravens, yea, they won but people need to stop talking about how impressive their defense is. Lamar turned the ball over and the Titans got great field position and took advantage of it. When the Colts give up over 500 yards it's time to fire the coaches and redo the whole roster!(according to some people on here)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2020 at 5:04 PM, Two_pound said:

The Titans gave up 530 yards to the Ravens, yea, they won but people need to stop talking about how impressive their defense is. Lamar turned the ball over and the Titans got great field position and took advantage of it. When the Colts give up over 500 yards it's time to fire the coaches and redo the whole roster!(according to some people on here)

When the colts give up a lot of yards they rarely get turnovers unless it’s Jameis 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wrote way back in week 8 or 9, that the Colts would not win another game in their division. The AFC south got better and better, the Colts did not. Injuries happen to all teams so you cannot use that for an excuse. The Jags, titans and Texans had decent QB production. Baltimore and the Texans QB's were celebrated as the new generation of quarterbacks. But once again they have shown their inability to fully carry out the duties of being a successfull QB. Tannehill, Rodgers, Geropello and the Chiefs man are left standing. This is why I do not want Winston,Love,RG3,Prescott,ect ect being behind center for the colts. Much less #7.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bottom line,  a healthy colts team with Andrew Luck is better than the titans team.  A healthy colts team with Jacoby,  and just average in kicking  is  equal if not better titans. Remember the titans were 9-7.   Colts kickers missed 16 kicks to their opponents 1 missed kick .   That is unheard of 16 to 1. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bad Championship game for Titans defense.

They looked very slow against KC.

Colts are just as good, (if not better) a team.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, coltsorioles said:

Bottom line,  a healthy colts team with Andrew Luck is better than the titans team.  A healthy colts team with Jacoby,  and just average in kicking  is  equal if not better titans. Remember the titans were 9-7.   Colts kickers missed 16 kicks to their opponents 1 missed kick .   That is unheard of 16 to 1. 

One of the craziest stats of all time!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Over the past two seasons, the most recent team that has knocked the Colts, Titans and Texans out of the playoffs is the Kansas City Chiefs.  The Colts, Texans and Titans are very close with the Colts losing some ground of late because they now have the worst QB situation.   In any case, none of these teams is in Kansas City’s class at this point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2020 at 2:41 PM, Fisticuffs111 said:

Both teams have a really good young core.

Personally though, I'm envious of their young defensive players. Simmons, Landry, Jayon Brown, Rashaan Evans, Byard's still pretty young, and Amani Hooker looks like a good young piece. They just seemingly need some CB's...Adoree Jackson either looks decent or gets picked on.

Then on offense, really like their OL. Good mix of vets and youth. Really like AJ Brown and Derrick Henry. 

Id be for signing Henry weaken Titans Tannehill too if they are stupid enough to letting him go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, MCurtis32 said:

I wrote way back in week 8 or 9, that the Colts would not win another game in their division. The AFC south got better and better, the Colts did not. Injuries happen to all teams so you cannot use that for an excuse. The Jags, titans and Texans had decent QB production. Baltimore and the Texans QB's were celebrated as the new generation of quarterbacks. But once again they have shown their inability to fully carry out the duties of being a successfull QB. Tannehill, Rodgers, Geropello and the Chiefs man are left standing. This is why I do not want Winston,Love,RG3,Prescott,ect ect being behind center for the colts. Much less #7.

The Colts no longer have an edge over their division rivals.  For years the xfactor that set the Colts apart was their franchise QB.  That’s no longer the  case.  The Texans are now a more marquee team because they have Deshaun Watson.  I expect they will continue to own the division for awhile.
 

In fact, the Colts don’t really have that star value any more.  When an offensive lineman is your most talented player that isn’t exactly billboard material.  Darius Leonard is good but this league is full of good defensive players.    The Colts lack of a marquee caliber QB has them in danger of becoming boring. The Titans are boring too.  They have Derrick Henry whose stock is rising.  You can win games with boring but seldom does boring win championships in a league whose primary emphasis is entertainment. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even if we want to build a Seahawks' like defense, it will take several years. They stockpiled picks, very much like the 49ers did, over mainly 3 years.

 

2009 - Max Unger

2010 - Earl Thomas, Golden Tate, Russell Okung, Kam Chancellor

2011 - James Carpenter, Malcolm Smith, Richard Sherman, K.J. Wright

2012 - Russell Wilson, Bobby Wagner, Bruce Irvin, J R Sweezy

 

UDFA Brandon Browner, FA pick up Marshawn Lynch

 

Unless we hit on our draft picks at that high of a rate over 3 years, and have a QB like RW play at a high level, we will have to supplement with free agency. I am using a team that primarily got built via draft picks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

The Colts no longer have an edge over their division rivals.  For years the xfactor that set the Colts apart was their franchise QB.  That’s no longer the  case.  The Texans are now a more marquee team because they have Deshaun Watson.  I expect they will continue to own the division for awhile.
 

In fact, the Colts don’t really have that star value any more.  When an offensive lineman is your most talented player that isn’t exactly billboard material.  Darius Leonard is good but this league is full of good defensive players.    The Colts lack of a marquee caliber QB has them in danger of becoming boring. The Titans are boring too.  They have Derrick Henry whose stock is rising.  You can win games with boring but seldom does boring win championships in a league whose primary emphasis is entertainment. 

 

I for one will take the boring AFCCG appearance like the Titans but I don't think our D is as good as the Titans' is, to keep our run game a factor all the time.  :) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chad72 said:

 

I for one will take the boring AFCCG appearance like the Titans but I don't think our D is as good as the Titans' is, to keep our run game a factor all the time.  :) 

Yes I agree that our defense is not as good as the Titans yet.  I’d also add that our offensive line while strong on the left side and middle could stand to get better on the right side.  The line as hyped as it is did not dominate as much as I expected this season.  We have a line with some very good individuals on it but as an overall unit they still have room for some improvement.  Hopefully Castonzo sticks around and we can upgrade over Glowinski. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes and no.

 

 

The losses versus Houston and Tenn were very bad, our health played a very big part in that. We would have gotten massacred against anybody in the playoffs had we made it. Now if Brissett played well consistently I’d say we had a chance to go on a run like the Titans, but with him stinking the place up and our secondary being decimated, along with losing Turay, allows me to believe otherwise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...