Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Are the Colts better than the titans

coltsorioles

50 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Look at the Titans after the first 6 games when Tannehill took over. They are a Top 5 offensive team. That has to be factored in, IMO.

In theory Ballard could throw him a Foles type offer. 

I can't lie I'm not buying his stock long term, but I'm not a GM.

Both teams have a really good young core.

Personally though, I'm envious of their young defensive players. Simmons, Landry, Jayon Brown, Rashaan Evans, Byard's still pretty young, and Amani Hooker looks like a good young piece. They just seemingly need some CB's...Adoree Jackson either looks decent or gets picked on.

Then on offense, really like their OL. Good mix of vets and youth. Really like AJ Brown and Derrick Henry. 

15 minutes ago, Myles said:

We also lost to all three teams this season.

yup in the rematch too that's because they all figured JB out and know how to beat him 

also only beat the titans the 1st time cause we played Mariota same with the jags they played Foles the first game 

24 minutes ago, Myles said:

We also lost to all three teams this season.

So...when the Colts lose....it's because of JB.

But when the Colts win....it isn't because of JB.

How convenient for a narrative. If you saw what I was quoting, it was that the Colts were not as good as any team in our division as long as JB was the QB. How is that possible when they beat all three teams? Care to explain?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

So...when the Colts lose....it's because of JB.

But when the Colts win....it wasn't because of JB.

How convenient for your narrative. 

Nope, it is both.   I've said he is a .500 QB and going 3-3 in our division backs up my narrative.  

• Like 1

We're a match for the Titans when healthy.  We didn't stay healthy. 

Worth noting that the Titans' core and coaching has been together for the most part for several years now and Reich is still putting his team together and feeling everything out. 

If we had Andrew Luck we are probably at least playing in the Wild Card Round.

As it is with Brissett, we got unlucky  with injuries and that's the single biggest reason our boys are sitting at home.

We need to make some changes to make the team more resilient to bad news, but I honestly think we got bottom percentile outcomes on several fronts and were still in the running until the wheels fell off completely.  I also think that Brissett is capable of more than he gave us, especially in the second half.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

Worth noting that the Titans' core and coaching has been together for the most part for several years now and Reich is still putting his team together and feeling everything out. 

Vrabel like F. Reich took over in 2018. Most of Vrabel’s staff our in new positions as of 2018. C’mon man!

2 hours ago, DEFENSE said:

ballard wants to rely on draft picks and cheap talent, he wont spend the cap to get a proven qb

How do you know what Ballard will spend on a proven QB? 

He has never had to worry about that till Luck retired and Brissett was already on the roster. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DEFENSE said:

ballard wants to rely on draft picks and cheap talent, he wont spend the cap to get a proven qb

You can't money your way into a great QB.  Very, very rarely do top QBs hit FA.  They're too valuable, teams will go to any length to meet the price of a QB who is winning games for them, to the point that even the average to above average guys get overpaid outrageously.

However good you think Dak Prescott is, I bet you real money the Cowboys won't let him hit FA, and Prescott isn't actually that much better than the guy we have right now (Dak has a better supporting cast).  If Dak won't hit FA, no QB better than him will ever hit FA either, unless the QB himself decides to leave his situation, which is dang rare.

There's definitely areas you can invest money into a team to improve your chances of winning, but the only way you get the privilege of paying for an elite QB, is if you are re-signing one you've already developed, or if some franchise really, REALLY screwed up (See also: Manning, Peyton)

1 hour ago, MPStack said:

Vrabel like F. Reich took over in 2018. Most of Vrabel’s staff our in new positions as of 2018. C’mon man!

True,

Their OC and TE coach are in their 1st year. OL, RB, WR, QB coaches are in their 2nd year.

DC, OLB, ILB, secondary, and DL coaches are in their 2nd year.

2 minutes ago, Dogg63 said:

True,

Their OC and TE coach are in their 1st year. OL, RB, WR, QB coaches are in their 2nd year.

DC, OLB, ILB, secondary, and DL coaches are in their 2nd year.

I know! I normally research, before typing something to support what I’m saying. I caught one who didn’t do so. 

2 hours ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Hmm.  Titans are in the AFCCG.  Colts are in offseason mode.  So...no.

True.  And one might argue that one of the reasons the Colts are in offseason mode is partly due to Reich staying with Vinny until the very end whereas coach Vrabel benched Mariotta in favor of Tannehill midway through the season.  I guess their coach wasn't afraid to make a bold move when it was called for.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

How do you know what Ballard will spend on a proven QB? 

He has never had to worry about that till Luck retired and Brissett was already on the roster. 

i hope he does, but his past history says he wont give big money to game changers and the colts have a lack of game changers because of his past history

8 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Also according to NFL.com the Colts are rated 17th in total defense. 

That is a long way from what you said. 

Crazycolt1, understand the guy just blows incoherently with no facts but just his uneducated opinion. Don't get too worked up as he won't admit he could be wrong.

On 1/12/2020 at 7:18 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Titans are playing with house money now a lot like we were in 2014 when we faced the Pats in the Title Game. Nobody thought we would beat Denver to advance. IMO it is KC's to lose in the AFC but the Titans just held Jackson to 12 points so you never know and the Chiefs do have problems stopping the run. Henry may gash them too.

Eh, I'm still not impressed by that 2014 playoff run. Bengals in the Wild Card and then the corpse of Manning in the Divisional?

Tennessee making the run that I wish our team did. Beating Brady and Pats in Foxboro and then coming through with a #1 seed upset the following week is glorious. So jealous of them. Unlike us in 2014, I can actually see TEN beating KC in the AFCCG....that Titans team is equipped to beat them and I don't trust Andy Reid at all in the postseason. He's like 1-8 all-time against the Titans if I recall.

On 1/13/2020 at 11:31 AM, chad72 said:

Look at the Titans after the first 6 games when Tannehill took over. They are a Top 5 offensive team. That has to be factored in, IMO.

What's really weird is that the in 2 playoff games, he's thrown for 150 yards total (and 3 TDs of course). He really hasn''t put up the gaudy numbers he was in season.  He was still a primary reason they won though.  Just kind of goes to show you that there's a lot of ways to win in the playoffs, but you need everything working together.  Complimentary football as Ballard and Reich often like to put it.