Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Are the Colts better than the titans

coltsorioles

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Titans have a better defense, that is the difference. Last month of the season we couldn't stop anyone from passing on us, Titans have held the Pats to 13 and now the Ravens 12 in back to back playoff games against good teams.

They also have a better offense, as marginal as it's been in the passing attack the last two weeks. That might speak to how marginal the Colts passing attack became as the year wore on. Eh, don't worry about that. 

It's going to be different! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Just like JB threw a perfect 45 yard pass to TY Hilton vs Denver while even getting hit by Von Miller in a game we won. According to the JB haters though we won inspite of him, he sucked. Tannehill didn't screw anything up and was a game manager at best last night. When a QB goes 7-14 for 88 yards and someone tries to paint a picture of him being Dan Marino that is very comical. If Tannehill was clutch last night so was JB vs Denver. Can't have it both ways. What Tannehill has done so far in the playoffs, JB could do. Hell I could throw for 88 yards. 

Whoever said we beat Denver in spite of JB? That was his top play of the year, no doubt, and a great clutch play. 

Every NFL QB can make a great play. Average QB’s make them very infrequently.

Good QB’s make them occasionally.

Great QB’s make them regularly. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Stephen said:

Tannehill  and Brissett  are around the same level. I'll give you the better rb and defense 

RT has produced in his career,  the last few games were against very good pass defenses 

he was a first round pick for a reason hes pretty good when on a decent team.   

• Like 1

13 hours ago, coltsorioles said:

Last year the Colts beat the titans twice. This year when healthy they beat them.   A blocked field goal was the beginning of the end this season.   It's frustrating as a colts fan seeing this 9-7 team advance to the afc championship who I know when the Colts at full strength are better.   The titans might be the worst team ever  in a championship game.  Can anyone think of a worse team ??

????????

Have you been watching?

The Titans remind me of The GIANTS of a decade ago.  They are playing as a complete team and they are getting hot at the right time.  They are on a mission, and full of confidence.  Coaching has been great too.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Gramz said:

????????

Have you been watching?

The Titans remind me of The GIANTS of a decade ago.  They are playing as a complete team and they are getting hot at the right time.  They are on a mission, and full of confidence.  Coaching has been great too.

Good comparison. I don't think they can win it all, but if they do, you get the credit for saying "see I told ya so"

14 hours ago, coltsorioles said:

Last year the Colts beat the titans twice. This year when healthy they beat them.   A blocked field goal was the beginning of the end this season.   It's frustrating as a colts fan seeing this 9-7 team advance to the afc championship who I know when the Colts at full strength are better.   The titans might be the worst team ever  in a championship game.  Can anyone think of a worse team ??

This is Luck's  fault.  By retiring  he allowed the monster Titans to make the playoffs  and run all over the league 

Right now I would say the Titans are better, but not by much. They simply found the QB that fits what they need and manages the game well. Ever since their QB change, Tannehill has brought a new energy to that team and they are playing with much more confidence now. Do I think they are a great team? Heck no. 

Once Indy gets their QB who fits this offense, provides him with quality weapons other than just Hilton, and has a good quality defense that can compliment the offense well, Indy will be right there competing for the AFC South title. 

7 hours ago, Stephen said:

If noone stops henry they can win it all

It's amazing to me that no one has been able to slow him down as of late. Their OL isn't that great. It's a good line, but no way is it elite. And if you get to Henry before he get's going, that's how to limit his production. Gotta be a sound tackling team that tackles him low. 

4 hours ago, Malakai432 said:

Overall they’re fairly close but Tannehill, Brown and Derrick > JB, Hilton and Mack.

With Luck it was a different story.

I would take Hilton before Brown. Hilton is widely regarded as a top 10 WR in this league. I can't say that about AJ Brown yet. He still has to show he can beat a good press corner. 

8 hours ago, Stephen said:

This is Luck's  fault.  By retiring  he allowed the monster Titans to make the playoffs  and run all over the league 

This could have...should have...been Luck’s breakthrough season for a Super Bowl shot.   But he quit.  Interesting twist...in 06/7 the Colts went through Kansas City, Baltimore, and New England on their way to winning the Super Bowl in Miami.  This season the Titans have faced New England, Baltimore and now Kansas City. The same teams in reverse order as the 06 Colts.  The Super Bowl again will be played in Miami if they make it.  They are in the Colts’ “script” for this season.

19 hours ago, zibby43 said:

The Colts were 7th in the league in rushing yards per game.  They were 4th in the league heading into the Jacksonville debacle, in which they were forced to abandon the run late in the game. 

The Titans finished 3rd. 

The Colts were 2nd in the league in rushing first downs/gm, ahead of the Titans (who were 7th). 

So, there's that. 

Now bring out the  stats bout the Colts D.  They were last in just bout every category. U can't hope to win many games with a top notch running game, marginal qb and a horrendous D.  U will get behind in to many games and dont have the passing game to catch up

Colt total defense yards allowed was 200 yards less than that potent Titan defense people speak so highly of on here. The Titans gave up over 4000 yards passing this season. Anyone can use stats to support their opinion in one way or another. We gave up fewer points than that great Texan defense, wow, did you see that 51 the Chiefs hung on them today? From top to bottom this Colt roster is way ahead of the other 3 teams in the afc south, we just lack the one most critical position.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

This is the same team that was not good with Mariota and are great with Tannehill. Just shows how important the QB position really is. 

I'm actually hoping they beat KC and go to the SB. 

It's pretty awesome to watch football when the pats aren't in the playoffs! 

No way am I rooting for the Titans against the Chiefs. If you lived in Nashville you would see why. Fans and local sports radio hosts are obnoxious as heck here. 

21 hours ago, Stephen said:

Tannehill  and Brissett  are around the same level. I'll give you the better rb and defense 

Not even close.  

Tannehill had more TD's, same amount of INT's.   3.5 yards more per attempt, a rating 30 points higher, a completion % 10 points higher.  It goes on and on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 1/11/2020 at 8:47 PM, richard pallo said:

The Titans can play with anybody.   Great running game.  Solid defense and good coaching.  Tannehill was their missing piece.  We need to find ours.  I'm hoping we go and get Carr and right the ship.  Immediate contenders if we do.   

Really?  Has Carr made the Raiders a contender? 

13 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Now bring out the  stats bout the Colts D.  They were last in just bout every category. U can't hope to win many games with a top notch running game, marginal qb and a horrendous D.  U will get behind in to many games and dont have the passing game to catch up

I think you need to look a little closer at the numbers. You may find out you are wrong. 

8 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

You said the Colts were last in just about every category. 

You were still wrong. According to ForTheWin the Colts were rated 11th in total defense.

You are hand picking just one category and then using that to make your point. Wrong. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Really? Since when does just one player on a team make them a contender? 

No matter what the talent level of a QB is it takes a good team around them to make them a contender. 

Agreed.  And I don't think - even with Carr - that this team is a serious contender.  Just my opinion of course.

Carr has shown some competence and skill, but I haven't seen anything that would make me think he is the answer.  This team needs to be better.  They might be better after some players return from injuries and the draft - but there are still many unknowns.

22 minutes ago, gspdx said:

Agreed.  And I don't think - even with Carr - that this team is a serious contender.  Just my opinion of course.

Carr has shown some competence and skill, but I haven't seen anything that would make me think he is the answer.  This team needs to be better.  They might be better after some players return from injuries and the draft - but there are still many unknowns.

IMO Gruden is not going to trade Carr anyway.