Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Name your favorite Non 1st Round Player for 2020 Draft


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

I think Raekwon should still be around at 44

 

he is a 1 Tech with movement

 

He wouldn’t fill the need for 3-tech that this team needs

 

 

 

and brush your teeth........

 

Guess the actor in that photo. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Anthony Gordon.  His arm and release are insane.  His release reminds me of a combination of Aaron Rodgers and Peyton Manning.  I am not saying he will be anywhere as good as either of them.  But the ball comes out so fast, so effortlessly it amazes me.  I watched all is 2019 games.  He is very good at changing the velocity of passes.  He can throw a rope on a crossing route and then use great touch on a swing pass.  And he is so composed in the pocket.

 

My idea draft would be a WR/DT at 13 and then Gordon at 34.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2020 at 8:53 AM, MikeCurtis said:

I think Gordon is as talented as anyone else (except top 2)

 

He will probably get overdrafted, and if he does well in workouts, interviews, and senior bowl, IF he was our guy, you would have to use a 2nd on him

 

He has some amazing throws on tape.

 

The ball is out FAST.......  He also seems to move well around the pocket, 

 

The guy HAS to put some weight on

 

I would be very happy with picks

 

- Best DL/OT on board

- Best OT/WR/DL on board

- Gordon / Eason

 

2nd is too early, (for Gordon at least)

but there are too many folks needing QBs

 

We are in a pickle if AC retires. 

Hadn't seen Godon before, watching this video, his mechanics are a bit of a mess, watch his lower half, that's where NFL QB's are made and Gordon is a all over the place with his feet. Not sure on that one.  Eason has the physical traits for days but it just doesn't translate the way it should.  I like Fromm, if he's there in the second, which is possible, I think he'd be a great pick, perfect culture fit as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Rally5 said:

Hadn't seen Godon before, watching this video, his mechanics are a bit of a mess, watch his lower half, that's where NFL QB's are made and Gordon is a all over the place with his feet. Not sure on that one.  Eason has the physical traits for days but it just doesn't translate the way it should.  I like Fromm, if he's there in the second, which is possible, I think he'd be a great pick, perfect culture fit as well.

Footwork isn’t that bad, but is one of the easiest fixed things


What mechanics do you call a “mess”?

 

The kid played baseball and has a blazing quick release.  He has fantastic touch
 

He is mobile 
 

I’m not sure what tape you are seeing

 

I just can’t get excited about Fromm.   I see a career backup

 

He had all day to throw to his receivers and was only completing 60%

 

That won’t improve in the NFL

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

9 hours ago, ColtJax said:

Fromm is going to fall to the 4th round, he is undersized with a below average arm.

That's an interesting take, he's twice the QB Eason is, who he beat out at UGA and Eason ran home yet Eason has a cannon and project R1/2.  I believe he's bigger than Drew Bress or Russell Wilson, I'm not sure 6'2" 225 is undersized but ok.  

 

I'd take Fromm in the second round and be thankful if he's there. Guy take his team the the SEC championship two of three years and as a Freshman. I also like baseball players as qb's, e.g. Wilson, Mahomes, Elway etc and he's a perfect character fit.  I'd roll the dice on him in a heartbeat...the again, what do I know.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MikeCurtis said:

Watch some more tape.  He has decent footwork. 
 

not perfect but many good skills

 

 

I just can’t get excited about Fromm.   I see a career backup

 

He had all day to throw to his receivers and was only completing 60%

 

That won’t improve in the NFL

 

 

Perhaps, Gordon looks like a big project, no time for that mess.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Rally5 said:

Perhaps, Gordon looks like a big project, no time for that mess.

Gordon isn’t a lock to do anything in the NFL

 

He is a project  but outside of the first 2-3 QBs ........  they ALL carry risk

 

IF Gordon makes it.  He  Will not start for awhile

 

i just like what I saw after only one year as Div 1 starter

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MikeCurtis said:

Gordon isn’t a lock to do anything in the NFL

 

He is a project  but outside of the first 2-3 QBs ........  they ALL carry risk

 

IF Gordon makes it.  He  Will not start for awhile

 

i just like what I saw after only one year as Div 1 starter

 

 

Fair, maybe I'm thinking if we draft a guy he has to be able to beat out Brissett and Kelly, I'm not sure there are more than two or three guys that have that stuff, otherwise, why draft 'em? Just how I'm thinking.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Rally5 said:

Fair, maybe I'm thinking if we draft a guy he has to be able to beat out Brissett and Kelly, I'm not sure there are more than two or three guys that have that stuff, otherwise, why draft 'em? Just how I'm thinking.

Does next years draft look stronger than this year?

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Rally5 said:

 

That's an interesting take, he's twice the QB Eason is, who he beat out at UGA and Eason ran home yet Eason has a cannon and project R1/2.  I believe he's bigger than Drew Bress or Russell Wilson, I'm not sure 6'2" 225 is undersized but ok.  

 

I'd take Fromm in the second round and be thankful if he's there. Guy take his team the the SEC championship two of three years and as a Freshman. I also like baseball players as qb's, e.g. Wilson, Mahomes, Elway etc and he's a perfect character fit.  I'd roll the dice on him in a heartbeat...the again, what do I know.

 

He's 6' maybe a hair over, around 6' and 1/2 but no more. His arm is average to below average and his decision making is considered slower than what NFL scouts are looking for. Eason is going to be picked before him because he has NFL measurables, NFL size and a strong arm. I highly doubt either becomes a starter in the NFL for a long period of time..

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ColtJax said:

 

He's 6' maybe a hair over, around 6' and 1/2 but no more. His arm is average to below average and his decision making is considered slower than what NFL scouts are looking for. Eason is going to be picked before him because he has NFL measurables, NFL size and a strong arm. I highly doubt either becomes a starter in the NFL for a long period of time..

I'm fine with neither, I don't really see anyone I feel is clearly better than Kelly and Brissett that will be available to us.  If we are determined to pick a guy, I'll take the proven winner whose beat out everyone who's been put in front of him to include Fields and Eason.  A big arm is the least important factor in being a great QB. See, Luck, Ryan, Brees, Rivers too many examples to list. To call his arm below average is ridiculous, you're overselling your point.  He's listed at 6'2" 225, I'll take that as valid until proven otherwise.  Final note, I like football players over measureless. You may be right that neither becomes a starter, especially Eason.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jeremy Waldon said:

Does next years draft look stronger than this year?

Depends on where we pick I suppose and who emerges.  Drafting a guy to draft a guy won't solve the problem.  Thing is we're all being emotional about Brissett, he's ok and I think Kelly may be the better answer, we'll see next year, so to me, you have to get a guy who is better than those two.  We don't need another project...why carry three project guys right?  This is why you don't get a guy like Luck killed because not having a legit guy is purgatory.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

Footwork isn’t that bad, but is one of the easiest fixed things


What mechanics do you call a “mess”?

 

The kid played baseball and has a blazing quick release.  He has fantastic touch
 

He is mobile 
 

I’m not sure what tape you are seeing

 

I just can’t get excited about Fromm.   I see a career backup

 

He had all day to throw to his receivers and was only completing 60%

 

That won’t improve in the NFL

 

 

 

 

His mechanics are a mess, I coached and played some QB so I know what I'm looking for, his lower half is shocking.  He's getting away with it now, not in the NFL.  If someone wants to make a project out of him that's fine, maybe a place like New Orleans but not a place like Indy, not now, we don't need a third project on the roster.  You may be right about Fromm, I'm looking for the lowest risk most NFL ready guy.  Fromm could play day 1 but I don't know that I actually believe he's better than Brissett or Kelly.  Frankly I think Kelly is by far the best thrower of the three, question is can he be the face of a franchise and that's a really big question still.  This whole situation stinks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2020 at 3:35 PM, Rally5 said:

His mechanics are a mess, I coached and played some QB so I know what I'm looking for, his lower half is shocking.  He's getting away with it now, not in the NFL.  If someone wants to make a project out of him that's fine, maybe a place like New Orleans but not a place like Indy, not now, we don't need a third project on the roster.  You may be right about Fromm, I'm looking for the lowest risk most NFL ready guy.  Fromm could play day 1 but I don't know that I actually believe he's better than Brissett or Kelly.  Frankly I think Kelly is by far the best thrower of the three, question is can he be the face of a franchise and that's a really big question still.  This whole situation stinks.

I was a LB and TE when I played

 

i was too SLOW

 

maybe I don’t know what you are looking for with footwork. 
 

I would agree that Gordon is a project.   But.  There are only 2 that could realistically play next year game one

 

IMHO you need to keep bringing in QBs till you find the project that turns into your QB

 

I wouldn’t mind building roster with other spots and find a QB to develop that would compete with JB and CK

 

To me.  Gordon would be a decent option in round 3.  After you drafted DT,WR, and OT

 

Love and Eason would also be options to develop but we would have to use an earlier pick

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

I was a LB and TE when I played

 

i was too SLOW

 

maybe I don’t know what you are looking for with footwork. 
 

I would agree that Gordon is a project.   But.  There are only 2 that could realistically play next year game one

 

IMHO you need to keep bringing in QBs till you find the project that turns into your QB

 

I wouldn’t mind building roster with other spots and find a QB to develop that would compete with JB and CK

 

To me.  Gordon would be a decent option in round 3.  After you drafted DT,WR, and OT

 

Love and Eason would also be options to develop but we would have to use an earlier pick

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Right, a post first round pick as sort of a hopeful selection would be fine I suppose if he has enough upside.  I think as fans we need to brace for impact, meaning, I don't see a path for a different starting QB next year unless it's Kelly baring a massive trade-up. I'll put my trust in C&F picking a QB, Right now, I don't see anyone out there after maybe the first two guys (I agree with you) that are better than what we have on the roster currently.   -Go Colts

Link to post
Share on other sites

Man there are just so many players outside of round 1.

 

I won't mention Anthony Gordon since I was talking about him before it was cool to talk about him.

 

DT Tershawn Wharton from Missouri S&T - Small school guy who went to the East/West Shrine game and, according to one scout, said the big school guys couldn't compete with him.

 

A couple of michigan guys

 

Olineman Jon Runyan Jr., yes the son of long time NFL lineman Jon Runyan.  Played LT at Michigan but will probably move to guard in the NFL.  probably a 3rd round or later guy

 

Michael Danna - DE - Only played one year for Big Blue will be a late round/ priority FA type but could be an eventual successor to Sheard.

 

Navy QB Malcom Perry - will probably switch to WR in the NFL.  Looked natural as a WR at the East/West shrine game.  And even if I was Army, I will always root for a military guy to make it in the NFL.

 

Georgia WR Terry Godwin - Small receiver with excellent football smarts, quickness, agility, great hands and route running.

 

OT- Oli Udoh, Elon, Another that will move to guard but has NFL size at 6'5 335lbs and apparently is super strong and as the practice reports say, "heavy hands" meaning once he locks onto a guy he controls him.  Did really well in the East West shrine practices in the run blocking drills, struggled a bit in pass blocking.

 

Lastly Kyle Dugger - Safety - Lenoir-Rhyne University.  A 6'2" 220lb safety with sub 4.5 40 speed and the only Div II player invited to the senior bowl.  I'm excited to see how he does next week.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • I’d have to think that TE and LT are at the top of the list. Fisher is only on a 1 year deal after all.    CB really scares me personally though. Carrie and Rhodes gone after the season and who knows what we will get from Ya-Sin and Tell.
    • That is the thing, you can't always look at position value because there are outliers like Nelson. Of course DE is more valuable than OG but if there is an outlier like a Larry Allen or Nelson it isn't. At the time we selected Nelson we needed a major upgrade to the O.Line and to protect Luck. Had we picked 3rd, I still would've took Nelson. I just seen him as being great, one of those outliers coming out of the draft.
    • Alarming?    When the time comes, you don’t think Pittman is going to get a big contract?   You don’t think Taylor is going to get a big contract?   The answers are right in front of you, and for some odd reason, you’re not seeing it.  
    • The Colts have the cap space to sign Leonard and Smith to long-term deals this year and Nelson fortunately for us we are able to extend his 5th-year rookie contract option and post-pone his big payday a year later.   Leonard is not a true MLB so I doubt he will reset the market value at the linebacker position.  Originally thought Leonard could get a 5 year/$100 million contract with $60 million guaranteed but think it will be closer to 5 years/$82.5 million with $40 million guaranteed.   Smith am guessing closer to a 4 year/$58 million contract with $30 million guaranteed.   Depending on whom we keep/sign at left tackle I think will set the stage of how much cap space we will have left to resign players.  Do we keep an older Fisher or try to go after Viking's O'Neill (RT) and move him back to his LT position he played in college.  Both will cost a lot to retain either way and have some flexibility with O'Neill and Smith combination.   Do think Glowinski will be a cap causality since he is already on the books for $7.5 million for 2021 and expect him to make over $8 million in 2022.   The only other pending FA of note after this season to play RG Brandon Scherff but expect him to be too high priced out of the Colt range (4yr/$66 million).  So looks like OL Chris Reed might be a future option or another current OL on the roster might be able to take over.    As for the draft will have to keep in mind RG Baer Hunter from Appalachian State.  Hunter's team's OL ranked as a top-15 unit nationally that was very good at running the football.  Biggest issue have seen about Hunter from his game tapes is his a  drive killer with potential penalties with unnecessary holding and block in the backs once the play has extended past the second level.  The young man I do like best at this point in time is RG Cain Madden from Marshall.  Madden's run-blocking abilities improved form 60.3 to 74.2 from 2019/2020 and he finished top 10 among RGs.   Wouldn't be surprised next off-season if we cut IDL Grover Stewart – save 8.125m or 9.378m June 1 Cut and TE Jack Doyle – save 5.45m.  Some of the other FA's doubt we resign are Stallworth, Rochell, Muhammad, Carrie, Mack, Eldrenkamp, Dulin and Campbell.   After we resign Leonard and Smith to big contract extensions can see the Colts resign, MAC, Pascal, Lewis, Turray,Holden, Hunt and Reed.  Hines should also get resigned and looking at something similar to Austin Eckler contract APY $4.55 million 3 year/$13.645 million (base 3.9 million, 4.5 million, 5.65 million with 1.35 million roster bonus each year).  One FA name I like to replace Stewart with a younger improved version is Bear's IDL Bilal Nichols at best am comparing him to IDL Dalvin Tomlinson where I would offer him a 3 year/$33 million $11 million APY with $20 million signing bonus.  Again we get back either $8.125 million or $9.378 million depending on when we release Stewart under this scenario which after these movements only leaves the Colts with a projected $7-8 million in cap space currently.   Will have to do more research and play around with the futures but can envision the Colts will need to find starting WR, RG, RCB with backups at RDT, RDE, RB, FS, SS,  and TE.   Early watch list RD 1 Draft picks 2022 TE Jalen Wydermyer, Texas A&M George Pickens, WR, Georgia Drake Jackson, Edge, USC Ahmad Gardner, CB, Cincinnati Derek Stingley JR, CB, LSU Kaiir Elam, CB, Florida   RD 2 picks Myjai Sanders, EDGE, Cincinnati Kolby Harvell-Peel, S, Oklahoma State Justyn Ross, WR, Clemson John Metchie III, WR, Alabama Aidan Hutchinson, IDL, Michigan          
    • If what Ballard says about a Achilles is what happens with Fisher that means he could be ready by TC. Mack looks like he might be close to 100% and he is at the 8th mark. I think they will be extra careful with Dayo. But Fisher is a vet so if he is ready he will go.  Very possible Fisher is ready week one.
  • Members

    • Chucklez

      Chucklez 323

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Gyworks

      Gyworks 13

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Mackrel829

      Mackrel829 203

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Mr. Irrelevant

      Mr. Irrelevant 274

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Defjamz26

      Defjamz26 2,217

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • tvturner

      tvturner 545

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • NewColtsFan

      NewColtsFan 9,844

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • WarGhost21

      WarGhost21 987

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • shasta519

      shasta519 3,090

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Fingers

      Fingers 0

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...