Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Name your favorite Non 1st Round Player for 2020 Draft

5 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

I think Raekwon should still be around at 44

he is a 1 Tech with movement

He wouldn’t fill the need for 3-tech that this team needs

and brush your teeth........

Guess the actor in that photo. :)

Anthony Gordon.  His arm and release are insane.  His release reminds me of a combination of Aaron Rodgers and Peyton Manning.  I am not saying he will be anywhere as good as either of them.  But the ball comes out so fast, so effortlessly it amazes me.  I watched all is 2019 games.  He is very good at changing the velocity of passes.  He can throw a rope on a crossing route and then use great touch on a swing pass.  And he is so composed in the pocket.

My idea draft would be a WR/DT at 13 and then Gordon at 34.

• Like 1
On 1/11/2020 at 8:53 AM, MikeCurtis said:

I think Gordon is as talented as anyone else (except top 2)

He will probably get overdrafted, and if he does well in workouts, interviews, and senior bowl, IF he was our guy, you would have to use a 2nd on him

He has some amazing throws on tape.

The ball is out FAST.......  He also seems to move well around the pocket, 

The guy HAS to put some weight on

I would be very happy with picks

- Best DL/OT on board

- Best OT/WR/DL on board

- Gordon / Eason

2nd is too early, (for Gordon at least)

but there are too many folks needing QBs

We are in a pickle if AC retires. 

Hadn't seen Godon before, watching this video, his mechanics are a bit of a mess, watch his lower half, that's where NFL QB's are made and Gordon is a all over the place with his feet. Not sure on that one.  Eason has the physical traits for days but it just doesn't translate the way it should.  I like Fromm, if he's there in the second, which is possible, I think he'd be a great pick, perfect culture fit as well.

10 minutes ago, Rally5 said:

Hadn't seen Godon before, watching this video, his mechanics are a bit of a mess, watch his lower half, that's where NFL QB's are made and Gordon is a all over the place with his feet. Not sure on that one.  Eason has the physical traits for days but it just doesn't translate the way it should.  I like Fromm, if he's there in the second, which is possible, I think he'd be a great pick, perfect culture fit as well.

Footwork isn’t that bad, but is one of the easiest fixed things

What mechanics do you call a “mess”?

The kid played baseball and has a blazing quick release.  He has fantastic touch

He is mobile 

I’m not sure what tape you are seeing

I just can’t get excited about Fromm.   I see a career backup

He had all day to throw to his receivers and was only completing 60%

That won’t improve in the NFL

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ColtJax said:

Fromm is going to fall to the 4th round, he is undersized with a below average arm.

That's an interesting take, he's twice the QB Eason is, who he beat out at UGA and Eason ran home yet Eason has a cannon and project R1/2.  I believe he's bigger than Drew Bress or Russell Wilson, I'm not sure 6'2" 225 is undersized but ok.  

I'd take Fromm in the second round and be thankful if he's there. Guy take his team the the SEC championship two of three years and as a Freshman. I also like baseball players as qb's, e.g. Wilson, Mahomes, Elway etc and he's a perfect character fit.  I'd roll the dice on him in a heartbeat...the again, what do I know.

1 minute ago, MikeCurtis said:

Watch some more tape.  He has decent footwork. 

not perfect but many good skills

Perhaps, Gordon looks like a big project, no time for that mess.

9 minutes ago, Rally5 said:

Perhaps, Gordon looks like a big project, no time for that mess.

Gordon isn’t a lock to do anything in the NFL

He is a project  but outside of the first 2-3 QBs ........  they ALL carry risk

IF Gordon makes it.  He  Will not start for awhile

i just like what I saw after only one year as Div 1 starter

• Like 1
1 minute ago, MikeCurtis said:

Gordon isn’t a lock to do anything in the NFL

He is a project  but outside of the first 2-3 QBs ........  they ALL carry risk

IF Gordon makes it.  He  Will not start for awhile

i just like what I saw after only one year as Div 1 starter

Fair, maybe I'm thinking if we draft a guy he has to be able to beat out Brissett and Kelly, I'm not sure there are more than two or three guys that have that stuff, otherwise, why draft 'em? Just how I'm thinking.

• Thanks 1
9 hours ago, Rally5 said:

Fair, maybe I'm thinking if we draft a guy he has to be able to beat out Brissett and Kelly, I'm not sure there are more than two or three guys that have that stuff, otherwise, why draft 'em? Just how I'm thinking.

Does next years draft look stronger than this year?

10 hours ago, Rally5 said:

That's an interesting take, he's twice the QB Eason is, who he beat out at UGA and Eason ran home yet Eason has a cannon and project R1/2.  I believe he's bigger than Drew Bress or Russell Wilson, I'm not sure 6'2" 225 is undersized but ok.  

I'd take Fromm in the second round and be thankful if he's there. Guy take his team the the SEC championship two of three years and as a Freshman. I also like baseball players as qb's, e.g. Wilson, Mahomes, Elway etc and he's a perfect character fit.  I'd roll the dice on him in a heartbeat...the again, what do I know.

He's 6' maybe a hair over, around 6' and 1/2 but no more. His arm is average to below average and his decision making is considered slower than what NFL scouts are looking for. Eason is going to be picked before him because he has NFL measurables, NFL size and a strong arm. I highly doubt either becomes a starter in the NFL for a long period of time..

8 hours ago, ColtJax said:

He's 6' maybe a hair over, around 6' and 1/2 but no more. His arm is average to below average and his decision making is considered slower than what NFL scouts are looking for. Eason is going to be picked before him because he has NFL measurables, NFL size and a strong arm. I highly doubt either becomes a starter in the NFL for a long period of time..

I'm fine with neither, I don't really see anyone I feel is clearly better than Kelly and Brissett that will be available to us.  If we are determined to pick a guy, I'll take the proven winner whose beat out everyone who's been put in front of him to include Fields and Eason.  A big arm is the least important factor in being a great QB. See, Luck, Ryan, Brees, Rivers too many examples to list. To call his arm below average is ridiculous, you're overselling your point.  He's listed at 6'2" 225, I'll take that as valid until proven otherwise.  Final note, I like football players over measureless. You may be right that neither becomes a starter, especially Eason.

8 hours ago, Jeremy Waldon said:

Does next years draft look stronger than this year?

Depends on where we pick I suppose and who emerges.  Drafting a guy to draft a guy won't solve the problem.  Thing is we're all being emotional about Brissett, he's ok and I think Kelly may be the better answer, we'll see next year, so to me, you have to get a guy who is better than those two.  We don't need another project...why carry three project guys right?  This is why you don't get a guy like Luck killed because not having a legit guy is purgatory.

19 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

Footwork isn’t that bad, but is one of the easiest fixed things

What mechanics do you call a “mess”?

The kid played baseball and has a blazing quick release.  He has fantastic touch

He is mobile 

I’m not sure what tape you are seeing

His mechanics are a mess, I coached and played some QB so I know what I'm looking for, his lower half is shocking.  He's getting away with it now, not in the NFL.  If someone wants to make a project out of him that's fine, maybe a place like New Orleans but not a place like Indy, not now, we don't need a third project on the roster.  You may be right about Fromm, I'm looking for the lowest risk most NFL ready guy.  Fromm could play day 1 but I don't know that I actually believe he's better than Brissett or Kelly.  Frankly I think Kelly is by far the best thrower of the three, question is can he be the face of a franchise and that's a really big question still.  This whole situation stinks.

On 1/13/2020 at 3:35 PM, Rally5 said:

His mechanics are a mess, I coached and played some QB so I know what I'm looking for, his lower half is shocking.  He's getting away with it now, not in the NFL.  If someone wants to make a project out of him that's fine, maybe a place like New Orleans but not a place like Indy, not now, we don't need a third project on the roster.  You may be right about Fromm, I'm looking for the lowest risk most NFL ready guy.  Fromm could play day 1 but I don't know that I actually believe he's better than Brissett or Kelly.  Frankly I think Kelly is by far the best thrower of the three, question is can he be the face of a franchise and that's a really big question still.  This whole situation stinks.

I was a LB and TE when I played

i was too SLOW

maybe I don’t know what you are looking for with footwork. 

I would agree that Gordon is a project.   But.  There are only 2 that could realistically play next year game one

IMHO you need to keep bringing in QBs till you find the project that turns into your QB

I wouldn’t mind building roster with other spots and find a QB to develop that would compete with JB and CK

To me.  Gordon would be a decent option in round 3.  After you drafted DT,WR, and OT

Love and Eason would also be options to develop but we would have to use an earlier pick

16 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

I was a LB and TE when I played

i was too SLOW

maybe I don’t know what you are looking for with footwork. 

I would agree that Gordon is a project.   But.  There are only 2 that could realistically play next year game one

IMHO you need to keep bringing in QBs till you find the project that turns into your QB

I wouldn’t mind building roster with other spots and find a QB to develop that would compete with JB and CK

To me.  Gordon would be a decent option in round 3.  After you drafted DT,WR, and OT

Love and Eason would also be options to develop but we would have to use an earlier pick

Right, a post first round pick as sort of a hopeful selection would be fine I suppose if he has enough upside.  I think as fans we need to brace for impact, meaning, I don't see a path for a different starting QB next year unless it's Kelly baring a massive trade-up. I'll put my trust in C&F picking a QB, Right now, I don't see anyone out there after maybe the first two guys (I agree with you) that are better than what we have on the roster currently.   -Go Colts

Man there are just so many players outside of round 1.

I won't mention Anthony Gordon since I was talking about him before it was cool to talk about him.

DT Tershawn Wharton from Missouri S&T - Small school guy who went to the East/West Shrine game and, according to one scout, said the big school guys couldn't compete with him.

A couple of michigan guys

Olineman Jon Runyan Jr., yes the son of long time NFL lineman Jon Runyan.  Played LT at Michigan but will probably move to guard in the NFL.  probably a 3rd round or later guy

Michael Danna - DE - Only played one year for Big Blue will be a late round/ priority FA type but could be an eventual successor to Sheard.

Navy QB Malcom Perry - will probably switch to WR in the NFL.  Looked natural as a WR at the East/West shrine game.  And even if I was Army, I will always root for a military guy to make it in the NFL.

Georgia WR Terry Godwin - Small receiver with excellent football smarts, quickness, agility, great hands and route running.

OT- Oli Udoh, Elon, Another that will move to guard but has NFL size at 6'5 335lbs and apparently is super strong and as the practice reports say, "heavy hands" meaning once he locks onto a guy he controls him.  Did really well in the East West shrine practices in the run blocking drills, struggled a bit in pass blocking.

Lastly Kyle Dugger - Safety - Lenoir-Rhyne University.  A 6'2" 220lb safety with sub 4.5 40 speed and the only Div II player invited to the senior bowl.  I'm excited to see how he does next week.