Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Name your favorite Non 1st Round Player for 2020 Draft


Recommended Posts

I thought this might be fun. Name your favorite player in the 2020 NFL Draft that will not be a 1st rounder. 
 

I really like Chase Claypool- WR Notre Dame 

He is big and fast and seems to have great hands. 
 

Just because you might need another example. Another player is Jared Pickney- TE Vanderbilt. He was a solid 1st- 2nd rounder last year. Had a very down season on a team that had no clue how use him, with a horrendous QB situation. Big bodied and great hands. 
 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

Also, just FYI if we are talking QBs, ask around the forum, I LOVE ANTHONY GORDON!!! Lol

I think Gordon is as talented as anyone else (except top 2)

 

He will probably get overdrafted, and if he does well in workouts, interviews, and senior bowl, IF he was our guy, you would have to use a 2nd on him

 

He has some amazing throws on tape.

 

The ball is out FAST.......  He also seems to move well around the pocket, 

 

The guy HAS to put some weight on

 

I would be very happy with picks

 

- Best DL/OT on board

- Best OT/WR/DL on board

- Gordon / Eason

 

2nd is too early, (for Gordon at least)

but there are too many folks needing QBs

 

We are in a pickle if AC retires. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Ben Bredeson and Mekhi Becton. Would love to get them with our later 2nd and 3rd round picks. Absolute maulers on the O-Line.

If they are “absolute maulers”, id have to guess they won’t be there in the 2nd and 3rd

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

I thought this might be fun. Name your favorite player in the 2020 NFL Draft that will not be a 1st rounder. 
 

I really like Chase Claypool- WR Notre Dame 

He is big and fast and seems to have great hands. 
 

Just because you might need another example. Another player is Jared Pickney- TE Vanderbilt. He was a solid 1st- 2nd rounder last year. Had a very down season on a team that had no clue how use him, with a horrendous QB situation. Big bodied and great hands. 
 

 

These kind of threads should be on the draft page....   not the Colts page.   
 

Good topic.  Wrong page.

 

Mods?!? 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

Also, just FYI if we are talking QBs, ask around the forum, I LOVE ANTHONY GORDON!!! Lol

See , it is possible to talk QBs we like without trashing another.

I wish some others could learn this.

Thx for including clips too.  This is the way to make a point.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

Also, just FYI if we are talking QBs, ask around the forum, I LOVE ANTHONY GORDON!!! Lol

Watched the Gordon one.  At first, i thought his release looked odd.  But looking closer , his posture, throwing motion and release remind me of Mahomes.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Idk if he declares or not, but Chuba Hubbard is gonna be legit. Can't believe there's like 5-6 RB's that are all elite-ish, cuz unless you wanna count Jacobs, Monty, and Sanders, there wasn't much there in 2019, as far as RB's go. We have Swift, Taylor, Etienne, Dobbins, Akers, Chuba, and that's probably all I'd put in the elite tier, with Najee Harris and Zach Moss both being right there. Eno Benjamin kinda fell off this year, but he will still be a Nyheim Hines type player, imo. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Devin Duvernay, WR, Texas

- 85% catch rate, ran a 10.27 100M which should equate to 4.35 40, he's 5'11 and plays Slot, 103 Receptions for 1300 yds, used as KR also

 

Brandon Aiyuk, WR, Arizona State

- KR/PR/WR, This guy is a do-it-all 1200 yds WR; 500yd KR; 200yd PR, He has speed, agility, hands.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

Watched the Gordon one.  At first, i thought his release looked odd.  But looking closer , his posture, throwing motion and release remind me of Mahomes.

That was the first thing I thought. 
 

he also has a side arm throw like Mahomes as well

 

he ISNT Mahomes (for the exaggeration police)

 

but he has some similar traits

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

That was the first thing I thought. 
 

he also has a side arm throw like Mahomes as well

 

he ISNT Mahomes (for the exaggeration police)

 

but he has some similar traits

Its funny how important perfect mechanics are until they aren’t. You know?  
And i wasnt comparing him to Mahomes.  Mahomes has a unique release, as do most QBs i guess.  Some stand out for different reasons.  It might be interesting to know how much baseball background Gordon has.  Mahomes short throws remind me of a 2nd baseman stepping on bag and throwing to 1st.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

Its funny how important perfect mechanics are until they aren’t. You know?  
And i wasnt comparing him to Mahomes.  Mahomes has a unique release, as do most QBs i guess.  Some stand out for different reasons.  It might be interesting to know how much baseball background Gordon has.  Mahomes short throws remind me of a 2nd baseman stepping on bag and throwing to 1st.

If you go into his Anthony Gordon’s thread I have a video posted from his ex teammate. He stated he was drafted in mlb. Looked it up. He was drafted by Mets in 2015 in 26th round. He uncle also played pro baseball. So that answers your question. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

If you go into his Anthony Gordon’s thread I have a video posted from his ex teammate. He stated he was drafted in mlb. Looked it up. He was drafted by Mets in 2015 in 26th round. He uncle also played pro baseball. So that answers your question. 

Thx.

you know, sometimes this forum can be frustrating.

But i have to say, i get SOOOOOO much enjoyment from this place.  Great info, perspectives, and lots of laughs too.

  I’m not really on facebook.  Have account but haven't been on in maybe a year.  No interest.  Never did twitter, instagram, dating apps, nothin.  
  But living in Pa, its so nice to be able to feel the pulse of the team.... every day.  
  I wanna thank you, BBS, and everyone on here for contributing to a really wonderful resource for us Colt fans.  Near or far from Indy.

 

Thanks To All.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, coltsfanatic24 said:

Brandon Aiyuk WR, Arizona State. He has great hands and speed. He’s also a good KR/PR. Good route runner and beats press coverage with ease. He’s a first round talent that will fall to the 2nd round because of how great this WR class is. 

 

I think Aiyuk is one of the receivers who is getting overlooked but I like him as a potential pick for the Colts.

 

Overall, I think my favorite non 1st round prospect for the Colts is Neville Gallimore. I think he is a great fit for the Colts defense and would bring a lot of what this team needs. (interior pass rush)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • I'm not down on Eason being the backup but I'm not up on him being the backup either. We just need to see him play then make a judgement on him being the backup but not until then. 
    • I’m going to pay Smith less.   He’s a Right Tackle.   I think he’s looking at roughly 4/52, 13m per.   We have perimeter players on both sides.  They’re young and on rookie contracts.   We will add more of them.   Maybe this draft and next...   We don’t have answers now.   But we will soon enough. 
    • What if I told you...   This thread was all just a figment of your imagination?   The fever-dream of a delusional so-called Colts fan trolling the masses for reactions...
    • I'd usually agree, but between what's left in FA, and what's available in the draft... My answer is "Whoever is the highest LEFT Tackle on Ballards' board."  I know you're not supposed to draft based on need... but it's THE single biggest need, and it hasn't been addressed through FA yet.  And what's left in FA is questionable at best.   As the roster stands right now, we should take advantage of this Tackle class to solidify our LT position for the next decade.   I know the Tackle class is deep this year, but I don't like the logic of trading down to take whatever Tackle is left from a group/tier of Tackles.  I'm sure there's a guy or two that Ballard covets above the rest as a future stalwart at LT, and I think one of them will drop to 21.  And if you think there's a guy in this draft that can be your anchor at LT for the next decade, you draft him.   Even if that's the only pick that lands in this draft, a decade-stalwart at LT wins any draft.
    • Chiefs are already championship contenders so I'm being very aggressive trading up    WIN NOW MODE 
  • Members

    • Coltpwr

      Coltpwr 0

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Southern Cal

      Southern Cal 2

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Coltsman1788

      Coltsman1788 1,529

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • JPPT1974

      JPPT1974 839

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • tvturner

      tvturner 503

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • 2006Coltsbestever

      2006Coltsbestever 22,346

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • CR91

      CR91 6,942

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • AustinnKaine

      AustinnKaine 347

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • NFLfan

      NFLfan 8,574

      Moderators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • superrep1967

      superrep1967 562

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...