Indianapolis Colts
BleedBlue4Shoe86

Name your favorite Non 1st Round Player for 2020 Draft

I thought this might be fun. Name your favorite player in the 2020 NFL Draft that will not be a 1st rounder. 

I really like Chase Claypool- WR Notre Dame 

He is big and fast and seems to have great hands. 

Just because you might need another example. Another player is Jared Pickney- TE Vanderbilt. He was a solid 1st- 2nd rounder last year. Had a very down season on a team that had no clue how use him, with a horrendous QB situation. Big bodied and great hands. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

Anthony Gordon?

Yep......

He is one of 2-3 options for long term "try" at QB

I also like Eason in round 2 as well

Jacob Eason

6 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

Yep......

He is one of 2-3 options for long term "try" at QB

I also like Eason in round 2 as well

Jacob Eason

Also, just FYI if we are talking QBs, ask around the forum, I LOVE ANTHONY GORDON!!! Lol

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

Also, just FYI if we are talking QBs, ask around the forum, I LOVE ANTHONY GORDON!!! Lol

I think Gordon is as talented as anyone else (except top 2)

He will probably get overdrafted, and if he does well in workouts, interviews, and senior bowl, IF he was our guy, you would have to use a 2nd on him

He has some amazing throws on tape.

The ball is out FAST.......  He also seems to move well around the pocket, 

The guy HAS to put some weight on

I would be very happy with picks

- Best DL/OT on board

- Best OT/WR/DL on board

- Gordon / Eason

2nd is too early, (for Gordon at least)

but there are too many folks needing QBs

We are in a pickle if AC retires. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Johnathan Taylor

Stackpile

You think Taylor makes it out of round 1?

I think he goes in high 20s

Just now, MikeCurtis said:

Stackpile

You think Taylor males it out of round 1?

I think he goes in high 20s

Maybe, maybe not. Wouldn’t surprise me one bit with all the miles he’s run. 

31 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Maybe, maybe not. Wouldn’t surprise me one bit with all the miles he’s run. 

The guy is a stud, and he started to get more involved at catching the pass as well

I think that he will be a great pro

• Like 2

Ben Bredeson and Mekhi Becton. Would love to get them with our later 2nd and 3rd round picks. Absolute maulers on the O-Line.

• Like 2

Cam Achers, he can run and catch, he'd be PERFECT for our offense.. We have Hines already, but he's a very good player.

3 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Ben Bredeson and Mekhi Becton. Would love to get them with our later 2nd and 3rd round picks. Absolute maulers on the O-Line.

If they are “absolute maulers”, id have to guess they won’t be there in the 2nd and 3rd

MPJ Michael Pittman Jr. 6 4 4.5 speed double digits tds

Anthony Gordon.

I think Eason and maybe even Fromm go in the first round.

but it's early. still have the Senior Bowl, combine and workouts to go

• Like 1

J Jefferson, WR. LSU with our first 2nd round pick

Kinlaw with our first

Gordon with our last 2nd rounder 

Joseph 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

I thought this might be fun. Name your favorite player in the 2020 NFL Draft that will not be a 1st rounder. 

I really like Chase Claypool- WR Notre Dame 

He is big and fast and seems to have great hands. 

Just because you might need another example. Another player is Jared Pickney- TE Vanderbilt. He was a solid 1st- 2nd rounder last year. Had a very down season on a team that had no clue how use him, with a horrendous QB situation. Big bodied and great hands. 

These kind of threads should be on the draft page....   not the Colts page.   

Good topic.  Wrong page.

Mods?!? 

• Thanks 1

These are my four favorites. 

Neville Gallimore

JK Dobbins 

Michael Pittman Jr 

Albert Okwuegbunam

• Like 2

10 hours ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

See , it is possible to talk QBs we like without trashing another.

I wish some others could learn this.

Thx for including clips too.  This is the way to make a point.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

Watched the Gordon one.  At first, i thought his release looked odd.  But looking closer , his posture, throwing motion and release remind me of Mahomes.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Samu-Rye said:

Tyler Johnson WR Minnesota or Juaun Jennings WR Tennessee

3 hours ago, cjrichard said:

J Jefferson, WR. LSU with our first 2nd round pick

Kinlaw with our first

Gordon with our last 2nd rounder 

Joseph 

Idk if he declares or not, but Chuba Hubbard is gonna be legit. Can't believe there's like 5-6 RB's that are all elite-ish, cuz unless you wanna count Jacobs, Monty, and Sanders, there wasn't much there in 2019, as far as RB's go. We have Swift, Taylor, Etienne, Dobbins, Akers, Chuba, and that's probably all I'd put in the elite tier, with Najee Harris and Zach Moss both being right there. Eno Benjamin kinda fell off this year, but he will still be a Nyheim Hines type player, imo. 

Brandon Aiyuk WR, Arizona State. He has great hands and speed. He’s also a good KR/PR. Good route runner and beats press coverage with ease. He’s a first round talent that will fall to the 2nd round because of how great this WR class is. 

• Like 2

Devin Duvernay, WR, Texas

- 85% catch rate, ran a 10.27 100M which should equate to 4.35 40, he's 5'11 and plays Slot, 103 Receptions for 1300 yds, used as KR also

Brandon Aiyuk, WR, Arizona State

- KR/PR/WR, This guy is a do-it-all 1200 yds WR; 500yd KR; 200yd PR, He has speed, agility, hands.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

Watched the Gordon one.  At first, i thought his release looked odd.  But looking closer , his posture, throwing motion and release remind me of Mahomes.

That was the first thing I thought. 

he also has a side arm throw like Mahomes as well

he ISNT Mahomes (for the exaggeration police)

but he has some similar traits

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

That was the first thing I thought. 

he also has a side arm throw like Mahomes as well

he ISNT Mahomes (for the exaggeration police)

but he has some similar traits

Its funny how important perfect mechanics are until they aren’t. You know?  
And i wasnt comparing him to Mahomes.  Mahomes has a unique release, as do most QBs i guess.  Some stand out for different reasons.  It might be interesting to know how much baseball background Gordon has.  Mahomes short throws remind me of a 2nd baseman stepping on bag and throwing to 1st.

8 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

Its funny how important perfect mechanics are until they aren’t. You know?  
And i wasnt comparing him to Mahomes.  Mahomes has a unique release, as do most QBs i guess.  Some stand out for different reasons.  It might be interesting to know how much baseball background Gordon has.  Mahomes short throws remind me of a 2nd baseman stepping on bag and throwing to 1st.

If you go into his Anthony Gordon’s thread I have a video posted from his ex teammate. He stated he was drafted in mlb. Looked it up. He was drafted by Mets in 2015 in 26th round. He uncle also played pro baseball. So that answers your question. 

4 minutes ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

If you go into his Anthony Gordon’s thread I have a video posted from his ex teammate. He stated he was drafted in mlb. Looked it up. He was drafted by Mets in 2015 in 26th round. He uncle also played pro baseball. So that answers your question. 

Thx.

you know, sometimes this forum can be frustrating.

But i have to say, i get SOOOOOO much enjoyment from this place.  Great info, perspectives, and lots of laughs too.

I’m not really on facebook.  Have account but haven't been on in maybe a year.  No interest.  Never did twitter, instagram, dating apps, nothin.  
  But living in Pa, its so nice to be able to feel the pulse of the team.... every day.  
  I wanna thank you, BBS, and everyone on here for contributing to a really wonderful resource for us Colt fans.  Near or far from Indy.

Thanks To All.

21 hours ago, Jeremy Waldon said:

AJ Dillon RB Boston College @ 250#

Could even be available in the 5th, depends on his combine 

14 hours ago, coltsfanatic24 said:

Brandon Aiyuk WR, Arizona State. He has great hands and speed. He’s also a good KR/PR. Good route runner and beats press coverage with ease. He’s a first round talent that will fall to the 2nd round because of how great this WR class is. 

I think Aiyuk is one of the receivers who is getting overlooked but I like him as a potential pick for the Colts.

Overall, I think my favorite non 1st round prospect for the Colts is Neville Gallimore. I think he is a great fit for the Colts defense and would bring a lot of what this team needs. (interior pass rush)

On 1/11/2020 at 7:49 AM, rock8591 said:

Raekwon Davis

I think Raekwon should still be around at 44

he is a 1 Tech with movement

He wouldn’t fill the need for 3-tech that this team needs

and brush your teeth........